Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel of New York found dead 13 years after going missing in Myrtle Beach

Re: 17-year-old Brittanee Marie Drexel of New York Missing - Myrtle Beach

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=19642.msg1265425#msg1265425 date=1241366675]
    good find!  but the spelling on that page makes my  :2eyesbleed:  One of the comments has myrtle spelled "mertle."  TWICE.
    [/quote]

Maybe everyone is looking at the wrong place.

I don't think this girl is dead. I hope she isn't.

I think she's dead. 

this case reminds me of the Natalie Hollaway case.  Girl nor body ever found.  Suspicious activity of a young man. 

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=19642.msg1265463#msg1265463 date=1241372819]
    this case reminds me of the Natalie Hollaway case.  Girl nor body ever found.  Suspicious activity of a young man. 
    [/quote]

Toss in arresting and releasing him about 46 times and you're right!
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19642.msg1262977#msg1262977 date=1241122828]
    I have seen this moron's blog before. We may have talked about him before somewhere on the forum. I wonder if he can speak like that about a 17yr old?

I find his videos comical. He very well could be the ugliest man alive therefore he is entitled to act like a "dooshbag" on the internet. He's basically a Howard Stern wanna be.

Oh and LOL:

[/quote]

That guy is a complete idiot!  :2eyesbleed:  Ugliness is NOT an excuse for being a "dooshbag"!  It's only an excuse for putting a bag over your head.  Which this guy should do.  Seriously.  I DO find it comical that he is talking like he knows what sex is.  c'mon dude... "anyone with common sense" can obviously see you have never had sex.

Wednesday, May. 06, 2009
    [size=12pt]Reward offered for information about N.Y. teen missing from Myrtle Beach[/size]

Officials with Crime Stoppers of the Lowcountry are offering a reward up to $1,000 for information related to the disappearance of a 17-year-old New York girl missing from the Myrtle Beach area.

Brittanee Drexel was last seen April 25 near the Blue Water Resort in Myrtle Beach. Several groups have searched in Georgetown County near the South Santee River, where Drexel's cell phone last gave off a signal, but have not found anything related to the girl, police said.

Anyone with information about Drexel or her disappearance can call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-274-6372 (1-888-CRIME-SC), or visit www.5541111.com. Anonymous text tips can be sent by starting a new text message to CRIMES (274637), and mark the beginning of the message with "CSL".
    Quantcast

All contact information with Crime Stoppers remains anonymous, and tipsters could earn a reward up to $1,000.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/breaking_news/story/888416.html

Apparently the cell phone signal was captured on April 26, a day after the police say the teen was last seen.

http://spoiledmom-mommyconfessions.blogspot.com/2009/05/brittannee-drexels-mother-she-could-be.html

and an article from a couple of days ago from some other link on the same site.

Brittannee Drexel Leaving Hotel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surveillance photos have been released of Brittannee Drexel, a missing New York teenager who hasn't been seen in over ten days.

Police now say what was thought to be a sighting of the girl last Wednesday, turned out to be a false alarm.

Brittanee Drexel was last seen on Saturday night, April 25, on Ocean Boulevard while on spring break with friends in Myrtle Beach.

The search continues, but police say there's a lack of information making things difficult.

They say they haven't been able to trace a cell phone signal since early in their investigation and there has been no ATM or debit card activity in the 17 year olds account, meanwhile other leads have come up short.

Surveillance photos released by police of Brittannee Drexel are from April 25, Saturday night - the last night she was seen - entering and leaving the Blue Water Resort. She left there about 8:45 that night.
    Brittannee went to the hotel to visit a friend who is also from Rochester, NY-Peter Broswick- who was also in Myrtle Beach for Spring Break. Broswick is the last known person to see Brittannee. However, he checked out of the hotel in the early morning hours of Sunday, April 26, leaving behind a room deposit and other items.
    Broswick has since returned to Rochester, NY, hired an attorney and is not speaking.
    On Wednesday, April 29, someone saw a girl fitting Brittanee's description getting off a bus in Myrtle Beach - that transit bus came from Georgetown County.

The Myrtle Beach Police Department has since located the young woman who witnesses saw getting off the bus and authorities say it was NOT Brittannee Drexel.

Myrtle Beach police say between their department, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, as well as Brittanee's family - they should find the 17 year old.

"There's people all up and down the boulevard. So if she's here, she should be seen by someone. I don't know if it's something where she's laying low and just coming out at night, or not coming out at all, but she's certainly not popping her head out there where we can see her," said Captain David Knipes, with Myrtle Beach Police.

Police say even though last Wednesday's lead did not pan out, they remain hopeful they'll find Drexel safe and they say the dead end should not discourage people from calling in any information.

If you have any information, Myrtle Beach Police department has released a new tip line number. It's (843) 918 - 1363.

Some unfortunate phrasing of words at the end there ...

They seem to be very keen on the fact that she is "laying low" somewhere, even "hiding". I think that is a ridiculous theory considering the circumstances with the phone, bank accounts, etc.

I believe she is dead and I think she knew the person(s) and probably went with them willingly, young and naive and probably intoxicated ... if this boulevard is so busy, its highly unlikely she was just snatched up off the street or beach without a single person seeing it. Did they search the water up the other end of the coast?

It would be interesting to know what route this Broswick character took back to N.Y ... and why the marine guy was the one that reported it ... and where her boyfriend and friends fit into this strange, strange puzzle.  :roll:

Doesn't look good. Not good at all.

she's so pretty. it really doesn't good... if she was still alive i think she would have been found by now.  :|

Well, everyone thought that woman in New York was dead too until she checked her email at the Apple store.

Why isn't the NY guy talking?  He may have information that would help find Brittanee.  That is so suspicious . . . along with leaving his hotel in the middle of the night and leaving his deposit and other belongings behind.

The NY guy's "closed lips" makes me say "guilty".  Why in the world would he choose to keep his mouth shut is he were innocent?  I'm with Femme.

Headline News just showed a video surveilance of her on 4/25 walking down the side of a road.  I had not seen it before.

[quote author=berryblu link=topic=19642.msg1268532#msg1268532 date=1241653098]
    The NY guy's "closed lips" makes me say "guilty".  Why in the world would he choose to keep his mouth shut is he were innocent?  I'm with Femme.

Headline News just showed a video surveilance of her on 4/25 walking down the side of a road.  I had not seen it before.
    [/quote]

Because he may not have murdered her, but committed some other crime that is keeping him from talking, i.e rape or abetting her as a runaway, which is also illegal.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=19642.msg1268603#msg1268603 date=1241657895]
    Because he may not have murdered her, but committed some other crime that is keeping him from talking, i.e rape or abetting her as a runaway, which is also illegal.
    [/quote]

That's what I was thinking.  Whoever worked with him, if this theory is true, probably told him, "GET..OUT..OF..HERE, NOW!"  It almost as if he left scared of something.  Maybe not murder, but something.

Her parents don't want to admit this, but she's a runaway by definition.

We've read that she was depressed and had a troubled home life.  It's not completely far fetched that she made plans to meet somebody before she ever left New York. Who knows who she was chatting with on the internet?

I'm not ready to jump on the "She's dead and that douche in NY needs to be hanged" bandwagon.
    Ma'am, what is hard to explain about a person breathing or not breathing? what is so difficult? why is that a difficult concept for you?

[quote author=bryanwasdrunk link=topic=19642.msg1268838#msg1268838 date=1241671978]
    Her parents don't want to admit this, but she's a runaway by definition.

We've read that she was depressed and had a troubled home life.  It's not completely far fetched that she made plans to meet somebody before she ever left New York. Who knows who she was chatting with on the internet?

I'm not ready to jump on the "She's dead and that douche in NY needs to be hanged" bandwagon.

[/quote]

Agreed. That's why I was like, his reason for not talking probably has more to do with 'I don't want to get in trouble for abetting a runaway or sexing a youth' so his lawyer told him to STFU. It doesn't have to be like, I killed her and ate her body.
    It's possible that her parents blowing this shit up makes her even less inclined to return home, because of the trouble she's in.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=19642.msg1268920#msg1268920 date=1241687846]
    Agreed. That's why I was like, his reason for not talking probably has more to do with 'I don't want to get in trouble for abetting a runaway or sexing a youth' so his lawyer told him to STFU. It doesn't have to be like, I killed her and ate her body.
    It's possible that her parents blowing this shit up makes her even less inclined to return home, because of the trouble she's in.
    [/quote]
    I think she is a run away and fears the trouble that will greet her when she goes home.  I don't think teens realize that the parents are usually so relieved to have an alive child back home that the trouble they get into is not as much as they think.  With some teenagers taking their cell phone away for the week seems like the end of the world to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

She has a boyfriend at home and her prom is this weekend.  Her mom said that she has been looking forward to the prom.  It is hard for me to believe that she is missing that and that she sees her mom all over the news and does not contact her. 

Also, that NY guy might not have hurt her, but if he has info that would help find Britannee and is not talking, I don't see why his attorney doesn't cut a deal with the cops in exchange for that info.

[quote author=FemmeFatality link=topic=19642.msg1269141#msg1269141 date=1241714161]
    She has a boyfriend at home and her prom is this weekend.  Her mom said that she has been looking forward to the prom.  It is hard for me to believe that she is missing that and that she sees her mom all over the news and does not contact her. 

Also, that NY guy might not have hurt her, but if he has info that would help find Britannee and is not talking, I don't see why his attorney doesn't cut a deal with the cops in exchange for that info.
    [/quote]
    Someone needs to do a little vigilante justice and beat the info out of that little asshole.

[quote author=hollisann link=topic=19642.msg1269142#msg1269142 date=1241714274]
    Someone needs to do a little vigilante justice and beat the info out of that little asshole.
    [/quote]

I'm sure that Brit's family wants to.  Too bad they can't find something to arrest that guy for.

That is very possible. I don't know, this case just really unsettles me for some reason. I keep checking back to see if there is any updates. I really fear for this girl's safety because of the phone thing, the mysterious way she just literally vanished without a trace (without any of her possessions) and the fact that her bank accounts have not been touched despite being replenished by her mother.

Her photo actually makes me feel very distressed. She's just a baby, I don't think she is capable of leading an independent existence, even though she obviously craved independence and freedom. If there was a divorce going on, I get why she may of taken flight during spring break to go kick up her heels elsewhere and forget the problems at home for awhile, but I also feel she still relies heavily on her parents ... she still needs her mum

I really hope there is a break on this soon and I hope it does prove to be just a run-away sitution.

... just a quick question, is that area near the Charleston County line and U.S 17 like water mills/ timber mill/ pine forest sort of country?

[quote author=hollisann link=topic=19642.msg1269142#msg1269142 date=1241714274]
    [/quote]
    What if he really doesn't know anything?

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=19642.msg1269229#msg1269229 date=1241717919]
    What if he really doesn't know anything?
    [/quote]
    Then why would he immediately have a lawyer?

[quote author=hollisann link=topic=19642.msg1269235#msg1269235 date=1241718042]
    Then why would he immediately have a lawyer?
    [/quote]
    Because he has rich parents? Because he committed an unrelated crime? Because in reality most white middle class kids' parent would lawyer them up as fast as possible.

Lawyering up makes people look guilty but the fact is they have a right to do so and I personally might do so myself. It seems too scary to try to navigate that kind of situation alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Thread Information