Thread: Michael Mente - 21 August 2009

Olivia

Michael Mente - 21 August 2009

http://www.myspace.com/ventimente

Mente, Michael N. Of Pensacola, FL, formerly of Milwaukee, WI. August 21, 2009, age 24 years. Beloved son of Paul (Gina) and the late Jeannie. Loving brother of Matthew, Elizabeth, Meredith, Rebekah, Janelle, Janna and Paul. Dear grandson of Hans and Kathy Huber and Harold and Barbara McDonald. Further survived by other relatives and friends. Funeral Service Friday, August 28, at 6:30 PM, at BROOKSIDE BAPTIST CHURCH, 4470 Pilgrim Rd., Brookfield. Burial Saturday 11:00 AM, at Sunnyside Cemetery, Lannon. Visitation Friday 4:00 PM until time of the Service. Memorial appreciated. SCHMIDT & BARTELT A.A. Schmidt & Sons Funeral and Cremation Service Menomonee Falls 262-251-3630 www.schmidtandbartelt.com

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jsonline/obituary.aspx?n=michael-n-mente&pid=131945737

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

Re: Michael Mente - 21 August 2009

havent found out what happened to him yet, but a friend of his wrote a lovely blog about him.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 
    My truths about Michael Mente
    Current mood:  sad

He’s known as “Dude”, “Stretch”, “Tower”, “Buddy”, “Adonis”, “Too Tall”, “Shorty.” All of the nicknames that he’s been called still cannot describe the magnitude of this man, and more so his heart. Michael Nathanael Mente is a dear friend to us all. I can go on forever with the stories, memories, tales, and experiences we’ve all shared with this man, but it still wouldn’t describe the impacts that he has on all of our lives.

The last two weeks have been a blessing and a curse. I’ve been so fortunate to be Mike’s room mate for the last 6 months. The politics, logistical, administrative, and legal tasks have been hell. It leaves little time for grief, but plenty of time for reflection.

Those who know Mike have celebrated a wonderful life with him. His joy spread to everyone he was around. Only he would have charisma of that magnitude. His impact is amazing in his life. Which makes his death in this world even more grievous.

I just want to give a testimony to Mike from my own perspective. I know everyone has their memories, and we need to share those with each other. Whether it’s to bring closer and fill in the gaps, or maybe it’s a way to vent, or it could just be a way to know Mike better (thanks for the advice Buck). No matter the reason, we remember Mike for who he is.

I believe I could justly say I knew Mike a little. For some reason though, I feel I know him better now than then. Mike has revealed to me more truths in his death than in life, and it’s the reflection of his life that allows me see the truths in his death.

Seeing Mike Friday morning has humbled me to my core. Ever since then it has been an emotional blaze. In that inferno, I’ve seen a glimpse of humility, hope, and truth. He knocked me back down to earth a little bit. I found myself modest and honest. Confident, but not cocky. Selfless, not selfish. Helpful, not hurtful. Positive, not prideful. All the changes that need to take place in my life started at the end of his. I can finally look into the eyes of the man in mirror and like who I see.

Mike is the epitome of a good man. Simple and true, he is satisfied with just living. He never told anyone to be modest, honest, selfless, honorable, chivalrous, loving, and caring. He showed us by his actions. He lived the life a good man. He “walked the walk”, without “talking the talk”. He was the living example of the lives we all as good people should be living. That is to be true to one another, and true to ourselves.

I like the person that I’m starting to become and I mean that with a humble heart. It feels good to be good to others. I’m happy helping others. I feel accomplished in being a part of a team, any team. Just to have a positive impact on someone; whether friend or foe, or family or strangers; makes me feel more complete as a man. I’m starting to see his message. Without saying a word, Mike could not be any louder.

I want to close with this: A lot of us are recalling the good times we’ve shared with Mike. Its good and it’s therapeutic. Some of us grieve because we remember living the good times and we mourn because we’ve lost the chance for more memories. Some fear for our own mortality and some for others. Some fear for his family. Some don’t know what to do. And all or any are O.K. I only ask one thing. Use this moment to reflect on ourselves as individuals. Are we good people. What kind of changes do we need to make. Mike did set the example. Are we following it. You can compare yourself to Mike or not. Its O.K. I seem like I am putting Mike on a pedestal and it’s because I am. He is loved and respected.

Mike considered himself a wise man. He perceived himself as a modern day Socrates if you will. His philosophy was never spoken louder than through his actions. His message is simple; and it doesn’t matter what religion, creed, or moral foundation it came from; and it’s to love each other, love yourself, and live your life like there’s no tomorrow. It may not be the message that we have all received. Each one is personal and between yourselves. I know the impact he left on me and I believe I’m a better person because of it. Everything has a reason and God has His purpose with everything that happens. Mike’s death in this world has made me a better person, and I believe we are all better people for knowing Mike for who he is.

"Mike, thank you for the truth that we have all found in you."

-Mike's friends and family
    http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=301598 79&blogId=508386200

RIP Michael. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Thread Information