Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How left/right, authoritarian/liberal are you?

Re: How left/right, authoritarian/liberal are you?

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=19493.msg1253225#msg1253225 date=1240190196]
    Those who are able to work, and refuse the opportunity, should not expect society's support.
    I hope none of you guys disagreed to that but I have a feeling Ron
    did.

I actually didn't get this question, because I thought it was meant to imply that those on disability are 'faking it', like I didn't know what the definition of 'able to work' was. People will say that about an 18 year old girl with a baby who has no daycare access or a person with a mental illness and I would disagree.

And I don't think the question all authority one meant you actually sit and question, it just means there's no level of authority you automatically accept as infallible.
    [/quote]

The questions are way too vague. When They asked about the "able to work" question, I imagined someone who was just sitting on their ass all day refusing the work that's been offered to them.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=19493.msg1253308#msg1253308 date=1240196928]
    The questions are way too vague. When They asked about the "able to work" question, I imagined someone who was just sitting on their ass all day refusing the work that's been offered to them.
    [/quote]

That's precisely what it said.

Not vague at all.

[quote author=LuciferBlue link=topic=19493.msg1253326#msg1253326 date=1240197791]
    That's precisely what it said.

Not vague at all.
    [/quote]

Well after reading how Bowie interpreted it, it could mean what she thought. Like someone could physically be able to work, but circumstances, rather than a disability, stop them.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=19493.msg1253222#msg1253222 date=1240189691]
    No one chooses his or her country of birth, so it's foolish to be proud of it.
    lolwut why would it be foolish?

All authority should be questioned.
    what annoying asshole has time to question ALL authority?

It's natural for children to keep some secrets from their parents.
    That's a fact, how is this even a question?

The most important thing for children to learn is to accept discipline
    what kind of discipline? self discipline? corporal?

Those who are able to work, and refuse the opportunity, should not expect society's support.
    I hope none of you guys disagreed to that but I have a feeling Ron did.

Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all.
    ridiculous

In criminal justice, punishment should be more important than rehabilitation.
    one in the same IMO
    [/quote]

It's foolish. Where you're born is random, so why be proud of it? Accomplishments are something to be proud of, not something random.

All authority should be questioned. Like Bowie said..... "There's no level of authority you automatically accept as infallible."

Not a fact. Some people think kids and parents should have NO secrets.

I don't see what's so vague about discipline in this question.

Of course I disagreed with this. Why wouldn't I?  :lol:

I don't see what's confusing or vague about the art question either.

Punishment and rehabilitation couldn't be more different. A violent felon should be punished, but if someone has an addiction that gets them into trouble, they need treatment, not punishment.

ETA: I find it hilarious that Bowie and Sauce went 2 totally different ways with that 'not working' question. :lol:
    Some of the questions were vague, but the ones above I saw no problem with.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=19493.msg1253334#msg1253334 date=1240198070]
    Well after reading how Bowie interpreted it, it could mean what she thought. Like someone could physically be able to work, but circumstances, rather than a disability, stop them.
    [/quote]

yeah, because I felt like some of them were trick questions, like worded very dogmatically.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19493.msg1253351#msg1253351 date=1240198886]
    It's foolish. Where you're born is random, so why be proud of it? Accomplishments are something to be proud of, not something random.

All authority should be questioned. Like Bowie said..... "There's no level of authority you automatically accept as infallible."

Not a fact. Some people think kids and parents should have NO secrets.

I don't see what's so vague about discipline in this question.

Of course I disagreed with this. Why wouldn't I?  :lol:

I don't see what's confusing or vague about the art question either.

Punishment and rehabilitation couldn't be more different. A violent felon should be punished, but if someone has an addiction that gets them into trouble, they need treatment, not punishment.

ETA: I find it hilarious that Bowie and Sauce went 2 totally different ways with that 'not working' question. :lol:
    Some of the questions were vague, but the ones above I saw no problem with.
    [/quote]

It doesn't matter if people think there shouldn't be. It is a fact that there is. I learned that from a child psychologist who is helping out with my custody case.

for example. My sister never clips her toe nails, yet her toe nails are always short. I ask her why and she says she has her own clippers, but I know that's a lie and that she really bites them.

All kids lie to their parents about lots of things.

ETA: what bowie said. they're trick questions.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Hotsauce McGilacuty link=topic=19493.msg1253368#msg1253368 date=1240199611]
    It doesn't matter if people think there shouldn't be. It is a fact that there is. I learned that from a child psychologist who is helping out with my custody case.

for example. My sister never clips her toe nails, yet her toe nails are always short. I ask her why and she says she has her own clippers, but I know that's a lie and that she really bites them.

All kids lie to their parents about lots of things.

ETA: what bowie said. they're trick questions.
    [/quote]

Liberal tricks that you refuse to fall for.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information