Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Drunk college student killed when attempting to enter wrong house

Re: Drunk college student killed when attempting to enter wrong house

^^^ What thread is that in? I remember we talked about that before. Can anyone find it. I want to be entertained again.  :lol:
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=s0ggysh0es link=topic=19406.msg1245689#msg1245689 date=1239478682]
    I know what you meant.... I would handle it better if you said DVD player.
    [/quote]
    UN-SHUN

How did you quote that so quickly? What kind of superman killing computer do you have over there? :2huh:

RE-SHUN

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=19406.msg1245697#msg1245697 date=1239478943]

"You want to make a bet?" Mr. Horn said. "I'll kill them. They're getting away!"

"That's OK. Property's not worth killing someone over, OK?" the operator said. "Don't go out of the house. Don't be shooting nobody."

The burglars emerged from the house, carrying "a bag of loot," Mr. Horn said.

"Which way are they going?" the operator asked.

"I can't ... I'm going outside, then I'll find out," Mr. Horn said.

"No, I don't want you going outside," the operator said.

"Well, here it goes, buddy," Mr. Horn replied.

Seconds later, Mr. Horn can be heard saying, "Move, you're dead," followed by two shots and then a third.

[size=18pt]"I had no choice[/size]," Mr. Horn said in a second 911 call. "They came in the front yard with me, man."
    :lol: :lol:
    [/quote]

Murdering piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=14913.0

That asshole got death threats. :lol:
    http://podblanc.com/good-neighbor-joe-horn-receiving-death-threats

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=19406.msg1245696#msg1245696 date=1239478921]

So what would you do with your kids? Just leave them in the bedroom while you go get your gun and attack? What if one of them comes out during the gun fire?
    [/quote]

You know, thats something that'd have to come to me if it happens. I don't WANT to resort to shooting, I would hope my dogs would scare em off if anything. The dogs sleep in the kids room so they're covered. A gun would be an absolute last resort. I'd do spray, but that backfired on me, quite literally.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19406.msg1245703#msg1245703 date=1239479216]

Murdering piece of shit.

[/quote]

Yeah, this guy is.  He went after them after there was no longer a threat to his life, and this is pretty well documented.

For this particular story, your extremism is dripping off your posts.  You are jumping to conclusions with very little to go on.  For myself, I am looking at what happened.  Guy is trying to break into house (his intoxication is irrelevant, it was his choice).  Owner tells him to leave repeatedly.  Owner has no idea what the guys intention is, he defends himself.

Now if it comes out that the guy heard a voice on his porch and started blasting away, that is a different story. 
    I am not saying you should have a gun Ron, but I don't think reasoning with a burglar/robber/rapist/murder is the best course of action to get out unscathed, and quite frankly I care more about my own safety and my family's safety than some stranger with criminal intentions.

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=19406.msg1245778#msg1245778 date=1239484577]
    Yeah, this guy is.  He went after them after there was no longer a threat to his life, and this is pretty well documented.

For this particular story, your extremism is dripping off your posts.  You are jumping to conclusions with very little to go on.  For myself, I am looking at what happened.  Guy is trying to break into house (his intoxication is irrelevant, it was his choice).  Owner tells him to leave repeatedly.  Owner has no idea what the guys intention is, he defends himself.

Now if it comes out that the guy heard a voice on his porch and started blasting away, that is a different story. 
    I am not saying you should have a gun Ron, but I don't think reasoning with a burglar/robber/rapist/murder is the best course of action to get out unscathed, and quite frankly I care more about my own safety and my family's safety than some stranger with criminal intentions.
    [/quote]

Yea, but this stranger didn't have any criminal intentions. He was a goofy kid that lived a few houses down, not a career rapist/killer.

And you call me extreme? :lol:
    I think 'git-on-my-land-and-get-a-bullet' is a bit more extreme than me.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19406.msg1245781#msg1245781 date=1239484810]
    Yea, but this stranger didn't have any criminal intentions. He was a goofy kid that lived a few houses down, not a career rapist/killer.

And you call me extreme? :lol:
    I think 'git-on-my-land-and-get-a-bullet' is a bit more extreme than me.

[/quote]

You are extreme in the sense there is no gray areas with you at all.  Anything involving guns, the shooter is automatically at fault/wrong/immoral, etc.  I think you are decent enough to cop to this one...that is what I meant.  Same goes for just about any other issue, but your anti-gun passion burns the strongest I think.

Anyway, he did not have criminal intentions, yes...we knew this after the fact.  Now if the shooter knew who he was, what was going on, what the problem was, and shot him, it is criminal as he knew his safety was not in jeopardy.  But how can you be so quick to assume this guy was not terrified for his life?  What happens when someone hesitates and someone comes through the door and blows away a family who could have protected themselves?

Obviously this kid did not deserve to be shot.  And obviously this kid should not have been doing what he did.  There was a better end to this story possible, yes, but that does not mean this applied to every single other case out there just because you don't like guns...

Oh, and if the story is right, there is nothing criminal about his actions as well.

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=19406.msg1245787#msg1245787 date=1239485226]
    You are extreme in the sense there is no gray areas with you at all.  Anything involving guns, the shooter is automatically at fault/wrong/immoral, etc.  I think you are decent enough to cop to this one...that is what I meant.  Same goes for just about any other issue, but your anti-gun passion burns the strongest I think.

Anyway, he did not have criminal intentions, yes...we knew this after the fact.  Now if the shooter knew who he was, what was going on, what the problem was, and shot him, it is criminal as he knew his safety was not in jeopardy.  But how can you be so quick to assume this guy was not terrified for his life?  What happens when someone hesitates and someone comes through the door and blows away a family who could have protected themselves?

Obviously this kid did not deserve to be shot.  And obviously this kid should not have been doing what he did.  There was a better end to this story possible, yes, but that does not mean this applied to every single other case out there just because you don't like guns...

Oh, and if the story is right, there is nothing criminal about his actions as well.
    [/quote]

I think now I believe he was. A lot of gun owners (the ones that have one for "security") seem to be terrified of everything. At first I thought he just fired off a few shots cause he wanted to watch someone die. Now you're kinda convincing me that he wet his pants as he emptied a clip. :lol:

My anti-gun stance burns very strong. Thanks for noticing.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=19406.msg1245644#msg1245644 date=1239477433]
    I have a bat at the side of my bed. If I'm asleep and you're in my house, you're getting a bat round the head.

It seems that this guy was awake when distrubed and was safely locked inside the house but still fired. Overkill to the extreme.
    Why didn't he just call the police? Yeah the guy broke the glass in the door, but he could still have called the cops and waited. Maybe they have a problem in cop arrival time in that town.

[/quote]
    Doubt it.  You could drive from one side of town the the other in 5 minutes, especially at 2 AM...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Brookings&state=SD

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=19406.msg1245787#msg1245787 date=1239485226]

[/quote]

I'm not so sure Chomp.  I think SD is one of the states where if you shoot an "intruder" you'd better drag him inside. Given that this would be intruder didn't make it inside, and the homeowner apparently made no attempt to call the cops before he started shooting???

I agree going out and getting so drunk you can't find your way home is foolish.  But
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

The guy only lives about .25 miles from the cop shop.

I have heard of several people pulling guns on drunk college kids that enter their house, but the people have always had the sensibility to reason through what was going on before shooting.  However, most of these kids are drunk and confused, I'm sure things could have gone differently if the person was aggressive. 

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19406.msg1245795#msg1245795 date=1239485689]
    I think now I believe he was. A lot of gun owners (the ones that have one for "security") seem to be terrified of everything. At first I thought he just fired off a few shots cause he wanted to watch someone die. Now you're kinda convincing me that he wet his pants as he emptied a clip. :lol:

My anti-gun stance burns very strong. Thanks for noticing.
    [/quote]

It burns alright...

Who says this guy even KNEW this was just a drunk college kid?  You've all already decided he knew it was just his neighbor and was practically jumping up and down at the chance to shoot him.  And someone even thinks he actually broke the glass himself???
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19406.msg1245613#msg1245613 date=1239476381]
    Oh, it's just my opinion. Shit like this pisses me off. They way people have already convicted Casey Anthony in their minds.
    [/quote]

Yeah, gosh, I'd hate to rush to judgement about Casey Anthony, but this asshole owned a gun.  So obviously he had evil intentions.

[quote author=mowt link=topic=19406.msg1245839#msg1245839 date=1239488407]
      And someone even thinks he actually broke the glass himself???

[/quote]

Not a possibility to you? Bullets can do that you know?   :|
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

I'd probably had let him try and bust through after calling the cops.  There's nothing like a gun pointed at you to sober your ass up.

Who says this guy even KNEW this was just a drunk college kid?  You've all already decided he knew it was just his neighbor and was practically jumping up and down at the chance to shoot him.  And someone even thinks he actually broke the glass himself???
    Yeah, gosh, I'd hate to rush to judgement about Casey Anthony, but this asshole owned a gun.  So obviously he had evil intentions.
    [/quote]

from one of the news articles.

Miller said Odens was warned by the resident when he was inside the front entryway trying to enter a locked door that leads to the main part of the house. After being warned several times, Odens broke the window on the upper part of the main door. He was shot with a 9 mm handgun by the resident after breaking the window, Miller said.

"The door was locked, and (Odens) woke up the resident while trying to enter," Miller said. "He was warned by the resident not to enter the home and that he had a gun inside, but the victim was pretty insistent that it was his home and was making threats to the resident."

So, it is at night, a guy gets woken up.  Dude is trying to force his way in the door.  Home owner repeatedly tells him not to enter, that he has a gun, and the kid then breaks the window on the door.  Owner shoots him.

He had no idea if they kid had a gun, what his intentions were, what was going on.  He just got woke up by an intruder.  By this story he did not just hear rustling and start firing away.

This is completely justifiable by even a shred of logic.  Sad, yes, but justifiable all the way.  I would go as far to say you would be stupid not to shoot the person.  Again, I put myself before an intruder when it comes to being safe rather than sorry.  It is called survival instinct I think, yeah...

[/quote]

Now you're finally understanding me. :-D

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=19406.msg1245848#msg1245848 date=1239488688]
    I'd probably had let him try and bust through after calling the cops.  There's nothing like a gun pointed at you to sober your ass up.
    [/quote]

EXACTLY!

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=19406.msg1245849#msg1245849 date=1239488726]
    from one of the news articles.

Miller said Odens was warned by the resident when he was inside the front entryway trying to enter a locked door that leads to the main part of the house. After being warned several times, Odens broke the window on the upper part of the main door. He was shot with a 9 mm handgun by the resident after breaking the window, Miller said.

"The door was locked, and (Odens) woke up the resident while trying to enter," Miller said. "He was warned by the resident not to enter the home and that he had a gun inside, but the victim was pretty insistent that it was his home and was making threats to the resident."

So, it is at night, a guy gets woken up.  Dude is trying to force his way in the door.  Home owner repeatedly tells him not to enter, that he has a gun, and the kid then breaks the window on the door.  Owner shoots him.

He had no idea if they kid had a gun, what his intentions were, what was going on.  He just got woke up by an intruder.  By this story he did not just hear rustling and start firing away.

This is completely justifiable by even a shred of logic.  Sad, yes, but justifiable all the way.  I would go as far to say you would be stupid not to shoot the person.  Again, I put myself before an intruder when it comes to being safe rather than sorry.  It is called survival instinct I think, yeah...
    [/quote]

Oh fuck off. Logical? If this guy was just storming in, there's no way the homeowner/tenant could even shoot and possibly just wound the guy? Stop being so bloodthirsty.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19406.msg1245850#msg1245850 date=1239488768]
    Now you're finally understanding me. :-D

EXACTLY!

[/quote]

I prefer to shoot for food, and to sight in a rifle or something.  I'm not even sure I could shoot a person unless they did something to my children. Thats why my Dad couldn't talk me into the Marines, I wasn't going to Somalia or something and have to shoot PEOPLE.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19406.msg1245855#msg1245855 date=1239488906]
    Oh fuck off. Logical? If this guy was just storming in, there's no way the homeowner/tenant could even shoot and possibly just wound the guy? Stop being so bloodthirsty.
    [/quote]

Shoot to wound?

Where do you shoot exactly.  What is a safe spot?  Where you would you prefer to be shot when you are breaking into a home?  Fuck, I would be pretty impressed by someone who could just wound an intruder, on purpose, in the dark, at night, when the perpetrator is breaking though the window.  Again, my safety is more important than the criminals safety, in general.

What kind of door was this?

So this kid was climbing through the broken window? 

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19406.msg1245855#msg1245855 date=1239488906]
    [/quote]

Even just a warning shot, then say my aim isn't that bad twice. But prolly not a great idea, bullets come back down.

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=19406.msg1245860#msg1245860 date=1239489062]
    Shoot to wound?

Where do you shoot exactly.  What is a safe spot?  Where you would you prefer to be shot when you are breaking into a home?  Fuck, I would be pretty impressed by someone who could just wound an intruder, on purpose, in the dark, at night, when the perpetrator is breaking though the window.  Again, my safety is more important than the criminals safety, in general.
    [/quote]

I dunno what a 'safe spot' is but people get shot all the time and survive it. shoot to kill isn't always necessary.
    A shot in the arm would probably change the drunk kid's attitude, no need to end his life.

Intruder? perpetrator? Don't make this kid...I mean the victim out to be a menace. HE WASN'T AN INTRUDER! He was some drunk douche that was at the wrong house. Stop trying to make it sound like the guy was some killer.

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=19406.msg1245862#msg1245862 date=1239489150]
    Even just a warning shot, then say my aim isn't that bad twice. But prolly not a great idea, bullets come back down.
    [/quote]

He said he had a gun repeatedly.  As far as shooting a home invader goes, he gets an award for patience and courtesy in my book.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=19406.msg1245870#msg1245870 date=1239489448]

Intruder? perpetrator? Don't make this kid...I mean the victim out to be a menace. HE WASN'T AN INTRUDER! He was some drunk douche that was at the wrong house. Stop trying to make it sound like the guy was some killer.
    [/quote]

Yeah, chomp.  He was wearing a "Don't shoot me, I'm just drunk!" shirt, for crying out loud.

[quote author=mowt link=topic=19406.msg1245873#msg1245873 date=1239489547]
    Yeah, chomp.  He was wearing a "Don't shoot me, I'm just drunk!" shirt, for crying out loud.
    [/quote]

That wouldn't have stopped this animal anyway. :|

Thread Information