Thread: Mother and son reunite after finding one another on MySpace

Senior Member A Midnight Dreary's Avatar

Mother and son reunite after finding one another on MySpace

REDDING, Calif. -- A Utah mom was reunited Thursday with a son she gave up for adoption more than 30 years ago. The reunion happened in Redding, Calif., where he lives.

For Terri Fuller and Rustin Hawver the reunion was long awaited. They found each other in January on, of all places, the social-networking site MySpace.

"I was on there e-mailing him, ‘Yeah, I wanna talk to you!' Gave him my phone number, and I think I called him the next day. And it's just been a roller coaster of emotions," Fuller said.

Hawver added, "It brings a bit of closure to my life. There's a lot of questions that still need to be answered. … This chapter is starting, and another chapter is yet to begin."

Fuller brought Hawver lots of Utah memorabilia. The two look forward to getting to know each other again.

Video of mom and son:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6113803

:-)

Fan of the Underdog kateisgr3at's Avatar

Re: Mother and son reunite after finding one another on MySpace

:-o How lucky is that...some people spend forever searching for their son/daughter or mother/father. At least one of them knew the other's name, most aren't lucky enough to even have that.
    Balls.

I can't believe the anchor woman said "a Utah woman got reunited...." instead of "a Utah mom was reunited..."

sorry that annoyed the shit outa me.

That is cool that they were reunited.

Damnit! I wish my douchebag dad would get with the times and get a Myspace! That would make this whole process so much easier!! 

That is wonderful for this mom and son though. Juuuuust precious

A friend of mine recently found her family through myspace, too.

She last saw her parents when she was 5, then they both left her and her uncle/aunt took care of her  all her life. About 6 months ago (shes now 22), a girl messaged her on myspace and said "I think your my sister". It turns out her mom got remarried, has 3 other kids, and now lives in arizona.

My friend has flown out to arizona to visit them 3 or 4 imes since.

does anyone have their myspace links?  :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

I just found family I had never met or known of on Facebook. I guess it's good to have a retarted yet unique last name lol. 22 years and now I have an entire group of people to catch up with, and one of them lives up the street from me!

Haha just last month I found my long lost cousin who now lives in Arkansas. Havent seen her in 18 years or so. Heres the fucked up part...as soon as I told her where I lived she ended up flying down here the following day and showed up at my apartment uninvited. I was so fucking livid because I was totally unprepared for her unsuspected arrival and to top it off she asked if she could stay the whole week to get a glimpse of California. We caught up, I did my usual work/school thing while she ate all my ice cream, blew up my phone while at work, and abused my Direct Tv. On top of that she made me look like a complete asshole in front of my boyfriend while at watching Steel Panther at the Keyclub. Her southern ass thought it would be a brilliant idea to lift up my shirt while the cameras were pointed toward us. I ended up telling her on the 5th day that she was overstaying her welcome and my neighbors had been complaining of her talking way too loudly on the phone while I had been gone. I havent talked to her since!
    Visit my site at: www.healthy-organic-life.com for the purest way to LIVE!

[quote author=ShortestStraw link=topic=19396.msg1293452#msg1293452 date=1243901559]
    Haha just last month I found my long lost cousin who now lives in Arkansas. Havent seen her in 18 years or so. Heres the fucked up part...as soon as I told her where I lived she ended up flying down here the following day and showed up at my apartment uninvited. I was so fucking livid because I was totally unprepared for her unsuspected arrival and to top it off she asked if she could stay the whole week to get a glimpse of California. We caught up, I did my usual work/school thing while she ate all my ice cream, blew up my phone while at work, and abused my Direct Tv. On top of that she made me look like a complete asshole in front of my boyfriend while at watching Steel Panther at the Keyclub. Her southern ass thought it would be a brilliant idea to lift up my shirt while the cameras were pointed toward us. I ended up telling her on the 5th day that she was overstaying her welcome and my neighbors had been complaining of her talking way too loudly on the phone while I had been gone. I havent talked to her since!
    [/quote]

[quote author=ShortestStraw link=topic=19396.msg1293452#msg1293452 date=1243901559]
    [/quote]

Oh, Gawd.  What an effing nightmare!

:2shocked:

[/quote]

I imagine Anna Nicole Smith's cousin!  :lol:

[youtube=425,350]YDwPpWlB69c[/youtube]

Thread Information