HARRISBURG, Pa. -- A police officers' convention near Harrisburg Friday featured something no one expected -- an armed man in the hotel bathroom.

Retired New York police officer John Comparetto said he ran into the robber at the Holiday Inn in Swatara Township.
Click here to find out more!

"I saw a gentleman in there, he looked suspicious. I had a bad gut feeling, but I had to go," Comparetto said.

Comparetto said as he came out of the stall, the robber put "a very large handgun" in his face, said he would kill him and demanded his money. Comparetto gave him the money. But when the man fled, Comparetto pulled a gun from his ankle holster and chased him.

The retired officer said a clerk at the hotel desk told him which way the robber went. Comparetto told the clerk to yell to the other officers at the convention that another police officer was in need of assistance.

When Comparetto ran outside, he said he spotted the robber crouching in a cab.

"I stopped the cab at gunpoint," he said. "Ten other cops came running out and we arrested probably the dumbest criminal in Pennsylvania."

They arrested 19-year-old Jerome Marquis Blanchett, of Harrisburg. When a reporter asked Blanchett for comment as he was led out of court, he said, "I'm smooth."

Blanchett is being held at the Dauphin County Prison on $1 million bail. Sources told News 8 reporter Jim Sinkovitz that Blanchett has an extensive criminal history, including 10 felonies.

The convention was a gathering of 300 narcotics officers from Pennsylvania and Ohio.
http://www.wgal.com/cnn-news/19029096/detail.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

FAIL.