Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing girl Sandra Cantu found dead

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

Re: Missing girl Sandra Cantu found dead

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19249.msg1241418#msg1241418 date=1239123081]
    Today on the news they said that police are focusing on a shed near a church. Also there were a bunch of tire tracks and footprints found near the pond/irrigation ditch/whatever where the suitcase was found.

Shouldn't be that hard to find the person(s) who did this.
    [/quote]

And apparently the pastor lives in the trailerpark where Sandra lived, as well, so that's another lead they're following...

RIP, Sandra. 

mydeathspace

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=19249.msg1241499#msg1241499 date=1239127428]
    And apparently the pastor lives in the trailerpark where Sandra lived, as well, so that's another lead they're following...

RIP, Sandra. 
    [/quote]

Must have been fresh out of little boys. 

This one makes my chest hurt when I think about it.  It's gotten me angrier than these normally do.  I just don't fucking understand it.  It seems the days where you can let your child out to play alone, no matter where you live, are long gone.  You just can't do it anymore.  They have to be with others at all times.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve. - Jello Biafra

Poor little girl If you can't trust your pastor, who can you trust? This story really gets to me Maybe it's the resemblance of my nine yr.old. Either way, she didn't deserve to be killed and thrown in a effin' suitcase!

RIP Sandra 

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

The video almost made me cry.  She didn't even have the slightest idea of what was about to happen to her.  Poor little girl!  I really hope they find the sick bastard who did this.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQhRnLX9_Oc

God.  I can't watch anymore.

[quote author=Evolved1 link=topic=19249.msg1241683#msg1241683 date=1239137193]
    This one makes my chest hurt when I think about it.  It's gotten me angrier than these normally do.  I just don't fucking understand it.  It seems the days where you can let your child out to play alone, no matter where you live, are long gone.  You just can't do it anymore.  They have to be with others at all times.
    [/quote]
    Not to discount what happened to Sandra but those day's never really existed.  Kids used to be molested, kidnapped, murdered... in the good old days too.  There just wasn't worldwide 24/7 news coverage so we knew about all of them.

just a few...
    http://www.ety.com/HRP/jewishstudies/franks.htm
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/bell/index_1.html
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/loeb/index_1.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=19249.msg1241786#msg1241786 date=1239144727]
    Not to discount what happened to Sandra but those day's never really existed.  Kids used to be molested, kidnapped, murdered... in the good old days too.  There just wasn't worldwide 24/7 news coverage so we knew about all of them.

just a few...
    http://www.ety.com/HRP/jewishstudies/franks.htm
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/bell/index_1.html
    http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/famous/loeb/index_1.html

[/quote]

I'm not saying it never used to happen, but national news has been around for awhile too and it just seems to be way more common now.  And those days did exist as far as the way I was allowed to go out and play and the way you have to guard kids now.  Maybe we were just naive and lucky, but there seems to be more to it than that.

[quote author=Evolved1 link=topic=19249.msg1241792#msg1241792 date=1239145151]
    I'm not saying it never used to happen, but national news has been around for awhile too and it just seems to be way more common now.  And those days did exist as far as the way I was allowed to go out and play and the way you have to guard kids now.  Maybe we were just naive and lucky, but there seems to be more to it than that.
    [/quote]

More people=more kids ?

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

[quote author=vaga link=topic=19249.msg1241797#msg1241797 date=1239145380]
    More people=more kids ?
    [/quote]

Yeah, it always comes back to population increase doesn't it?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19249.msg1241644#msg1241644 date=1239134810]
    Must have been fresh out of little boys.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Let's be fair now. A priest will fondle you, but he won't leave you in a suitcase.

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=19249.msg1241786#msg1241786 date=1239144727]
    Not to discount what happened to Sandra but those day's never really existed. &nbsp;Kids used to be molested, kidnapped, murdered... in the good old days too. &nbsp;There just wasn't worldwide 24/7 news coverage so we knew about all of them.

[/quote]

You beat me to it. I was gonna say that......
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I wonder if one of the &quot;volunteers&quot; was the murderer.

edit: I'm sure it was someone-- she may have even known -- from&nbsp; the park she lived in.

[quote author=Evolved1 link=topic=19249.msg1241800#msg1241800 date=1239145493]
    Yeah, it always comes back to population increase doesn't it?
    [/quote]

well I live in the same neighborhood I grew up in, and at 8 I was out and about everywhere, but if I see an 8 year old ,now , alone, I trip out.
    Though I have to say I do remember moments where I think I was seriously just plain lucky to get out or move on before anything happened. &nbsp;:|
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

Police search church for clues to California girl's slaying

(CNN) -- Authorities searched a church near where an 8-year-old California girl was found dead Monday in the hopes of finding clues that would lead to her killer.

Mourners leave condolences for Sandra Cantu, who was found dead on April 6 in Tracy, California.

The body of Sandra Cantu of Tracy, California, was found stuffed into a suitcase in a dairy-farm pond. Cantu had been missing since March 27.

Tracy police Sgt. Tony Sheneman told CNN's Nancy Grace he would not elaborate on what evidence led them to Clover Road Baptist Church. He would say only that detectives developed probable cause that persuaded a judge to sign a search warrant.

Lane Lawless, the church's pastor, told CNN affiliate KCRA he was questioned for about three hours by police, adding that he had nothing to do with Cantu's disappearance or death.

&quot;We have fully cooperated with the police,&quot; Lawless told KCRA. &quot;We have answered all their questions.&quot;

Authorities also searched the mobile home park Tuesday where the girl lived.&nbsp; Watch report on murder investigation »

&quot;Investigators are looking at additional information they received since yesterday (Monday) and, hopefully, that will lead us to Sandra's killers,&quot; Sheneman said.

Asked if his use of the plural meant police were looking for more than one person, Sheneman responded, &quot;We have no specific suspects.&quot;&nbsp; Watch Sheneman say there has not been an arrest in the case »

Sheneman also implied the killer likely was familiar with the location where the body was found.

He said he himself was unfamiliar with the location where the girl's body was found, despite having lived in the community for nearly 12 years.

&quot;Someone would have to be familiar with that area to know to go there,&quot; he said.&nbsp; Watch how the suitcase was found »

Sheneman said police had no one in custody, despite having interviewed hundreds of people regarding the case.

&quot;Everyone that we speak to right now is being considered a person of interest,&quot; he said. &quot;We're not eliminating anyone.&quot;

The autopsy was being conducted Tuesday, but it was not clear when the report would be available. &quot;It's going to be some time before we hear from the coroner,&quot; Sheneman said. &quot;I can't tell you when that's going to be.&quot;

More than 10 search warrants have been executed as part of the investigation and &quot;a lot&quot; of evidence has been recovered, Sheneman said.

The day Cantu was last reported seen, she returned home from school, kissed her mother and left to play with a friend who lives nearby. A short time later, wearing a pink Hello Kitty T-shirt and black leggings, she left to go to another friend's home, according to a family spokeswoman.

Police said Monday the girl's clothing helped them identify the body.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/08/california.girl.slain/index.html

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

I can't imagine what the owners of the farm must be feeling.&nbsp; :-(

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19249.msg1232533#msg1232533 date=1238517769]

I am going to bet they find this little girl's body in a canal somewhere in Tracy.
    [/quote]
    [quote author=Evolved1 link=topic=19249.msg1243035#msg1243035 date=1239234086]
    Sheneman also implied the killer likely was familiar with the location where the body was found.

He said he himself was unfamiliar with the location where the girl's body was found, despite having lived in the community for nearly 12 years.

&quot;Someone would have to be familiar with that area to know to go there,&quot; he said.&nbsp;
    [/quote]I think the best suspect is pretty obvious here.&nbsp; :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

mydeathspace

[quote author=Mooncalf link=topic=19249.msg1243123#msg1243123 date=1239239599]
    I think the best suspect is pretty obvious here.&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]

:roll:

And my husband calls me over protective cause I won't let my kids wander around....hell I won't even let my 13 YO go walking up the street, much less my nine YO.

This is just twisted....Poor little girl &amp; her family.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Angelus Mortis link=topic=19249.msg1243409#msg1243409 date=1239279990]
    And my husband calls me over protective cause I won't let my kids wander around....hell I won't even let my 13 YO go walking up the street, much less my nine YO.

This is just twisted....Poor little girl &amp; her family.
    [/quote]

Well for every case like this they're 839,012 kids that go to a friend's house and get back to their parents without incident.
    All depends if you're the gambling type I guess, but the odds are in your favor.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

yahoonews.com

**Update**

Calif. Sunday school teacher booked in child death
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Buzz Up Send
    Email IM Share
    Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print&nbsp; AP – A girl places a stuffed animal at a memorial for Sandra Cantu in Tracy, Calif., Thursday, April 9, 2009, … 22 mins ago
    TRACY, Calif. – A Sunday school teacher has been arrested and charged with kidnapping and killing a California girl whose body was found in a suitcase.

Tracy Police Sgt. Tony Sheneman says 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby was arrested late Friday night after voluntarily going to police for questioning about the death of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

Sandra's body was found inside a suitcase in an irrigation pond on April 6.

Huckaby previously told a local newspaper that Sandra visited her home March 27, the day she disappeared. Huckaby also said she had left her suitcase in the driveway that day, and that it was missing.

Huckaby is the granddaughter of Pastor Clifford Lawless, whose Clover Road Baptist Church was the subject of a police search. Huckaby taught Sunday school at the church.

Tracy is about an hour east of San Francisco.

&quot;The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits &quot;--

I seen this on CNN. It's weird that it was a female. Something you don't see very often. It looks like she pretty much told on herself. I wonder what her motive was?

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

Wow. I'm shocked to find out it was a woman that did this. I was totally expecting one of the men they had mentioned earlier in the case. I hope she rots in hell right next to Jodi Arias.

I too am anxious to know her what happened and what was her motive.

[quote author=BorderlineRetarded link=topic=19249.msg1245368#msg1245368 date=1239447481]
    yahoonews.com

**Update**

Calif. Sunday school teacher booked in child death
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Buzz Up Send
    Email IM Share
    Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print&nbsp; AP – A girl places a stuffed animal at a memorial for Sandra Cantu in Tracy, Calif., Thursday, April 9, 2009, … 22 mins ago
    TRACY, Calif. – A Sunday school teacher has been arrested and charged with kidnapping and killing a California girl whose body was found in a suitcase.

Tracy Police Sgt. Tony Sheneman says 28-year-old Melissa Huckaby was arrested late Friday night after voluntarily going to police for questioning about the death of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu.

Sandra's body was found inside a suitcase in an irrigation pond on April 6.

Huckaby previously told a local newspaper that Sandra visited her home March 27, the day she disappeared. Huckaby also said she had left her suitcase in the driveway that day, and that it was missing.

Huckaby is the granddaughter of Pastor Clifford Lawless, whose Clover Road Baptist Church was the subject of a police search. Huckaby taught Sunday school at the church.

Tracy is about an hour east of San Francisco.

[/quote]

Here is the link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090411/ap_on_re_us/missing_girl

I am very shocked. I just heard this from my sister this morning.

myspace?

poor kid....ETA

That isn't the correct myspace. The woman on the myspace you posted says she isn't the same Melissa Huckaby, etc...Aol has a&nbsp; picture of the woman arrested, I don't have time to post it, but it's clearly not the same woman as the one in the myspace listed.
    &quot;The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits &quot;--

eta:&nbsp; my dad always said you could never trust a person who's eyes are too close together.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Thread Information