Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Boltinghouse (27) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in the head

Re: Jason Boltinghouse (27) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in the head

[quote author=eccsame link=topic=3317.msg119044#msg119044 date=1166479026]
    Actually, in context it makes sense. He was saying that crazy people have all of this energy and motivation that he lacks. For example, bi-polar people are more motivated and employable and thus are able to get jobs and immediately pick up couches to burn off all of that crazy energy. Later, he wishes that he could have OCD, since his apartment would then be clean. He marvels at the fact that "people with OCD love to clean".

*Sniff* He never knew that deep down, he was crazy all along.
    [/quote]

Where did he say pick up?

Re: Jason Boltinghouse (27) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in the head

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=3317.msg119012#msg119012 date=1166477442]
    am hoping for a new job. What I am doing about it? Next to nothing. I barely know where to begin. But, if I had Bipolar Personality Disorder, I would have already arranged for my couch to be pick upped to be moved to my new job."

It must be a psycho (I mean psychotic) thing, especially when you don't know where your new job is.
    [/quote]
    <br />The best thing happened. A guy was butchering Conway Twitty at Karaoke and the power went off in the bar. Someone shouted you pissed Jesus off when you messed with Conway!

[quote author=wickedgirl link=topic=3317.msg119161#msg119161 date=1166490882]

[/quote]

exactly, he said pick upped, totally different.

I was just pointing it out. I took it to mean have someone come and pick it up, not that he was going to single handedly hoist it above his head and carry it around the room.
    <br />The best thing happened. A guy was butchering Conway Twitty at Karaoke and the power went off in the bar. Someone shouted you pissed Jesus off when you messed with Conway!

This reminds me of a couple articles I was reading about gifted-and-talented kids having a higher propensity to kill themselves than their lower-IQ peers.

Existential depression in gifted individuals:
    http://www.sengifted.org/articles_co...ividuals.shtml

&quot;It has been my experience that gifted and talented persons are more likely to experience a type of depression referred to as existential depression. Although an episode of existential depression may be precipitated in anyone by a major loss or the threat of a loss which highlights the transient nature of life, persons of higher intellectual ability are more prone to experience existential depression spontaneously. Sometimes this existential depression is tied into the positive disintegration experience referred to by Dabrowski (1996).

&quot;Existential depression is a depression that arises when an individual confronts certain basic issues of existence. Yalom (1980) describes four such issues (or 'ultimate concerns')--death, freedom, isolation and meaninglessness. Death is an inevitable occurrence. Freedom, in an existential sense, refers to the absence of external structure. That is, humans do not enter a world which is inherently structured. We must give the world a structure which we ourselves create. Isolation recognizes that no matter how close we become to another person, a gap always remains, and we are nonetheless alone. Meaninglessness stems from the first three. If we must die, if we construct our own world, and if each of us is ultimately alone, then what meaning does life have? ...&quot;

I am especially reminded of this one, particular suicide:
    A Psychological Autopsy of the Suicide of an Academically Gifted Student: Researchers' and Parents' Perspectives
    http://www.geniusdenied.com/articles...&amp;rid=13861

&quot;This study uses the methods and procedures of psychological autopsy to portray the life of an academically gifted college student who completed suicide. The study is unique in that it follows the subject across his 21 years of life, highlighting relevant milestones and significant stages and events. A comprehensive view of the life and death of a gifted student is offered through both researchers' and parents' perspectives, along with multiple theoretical explanations, including a developmental explanation.

&quot;This psychological autopsy yielded three sets of findings: those that reflected exclusively on the subject's life, those that compare his life with 3 previous psychological autopsies conducted, and those that reflect the parents' observations and experiences of his life. Two important findings of this study include a depiction of the psychological makeup of a subject in interaction with his environment and the fact that many of the factors contributing to suicidal behavior identified for the general population of adolescents and young adults existed in this case, as well. Consequently, as Cross, Cook, and Dixon (1996) found, certain types of aberrant behavior, belief systems, or both should not be considered a typical part of being a gifted person; they should be recognized as potential indicators of suicidal behavior. ...&quot;
    [tt][size=17pt]Most hottest user of correct grammar and syntax.[/size][/tt]<br /><br />[quote author=waltflannigansdog]<br />...spiders fuck up everything...[/quote]

[quote author=wickedgirl link=topic=3317.msg119166#msg119166 date=1166491697]
    I was just pointing it out. I took it to mean have someone come and pick it up, not that he was going to single handedly hoist it above his head and carry it around the room.
    [/quote]
    i took it that way too!!! but people read english different.....
    &quot;Only God Can Judge Me&quot;<br />Eigna

[quote author=wickedgirl link=topic=3317.msg119166#msg119166 date=1166491697]
    [/quote]

and I was pointing out pick upped as compared to picked up, geez!&nbsp;

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=3317.msg119002#msg119002 date=1166476528]
    How does one get their couch pick upped anyway?
    [/quote]

Wow, I just noticed he's not using faulty grammar; he's neologizing.&nbsp; He's compounded &quot;pick up&quot; (as in, &quot;pick up truck&quot;) and turned it into a verb.&nbsp; Hence the past tense, &quot;pick upped.&quot;&nbsp; He's saying that he would have already packed his shit into a truck to move on to his new mystery job.
    [tt][size=17pt]Most hottest user of correct grammar and syntax.[/size][/tt]<br /><br />[quote author=waltflannigansdog]<br />...spiders fuck up everything...[/quote]

[quote author=noodleboy link=topic=3317.msg119173#msg119173 date=1166492298]
    Wow, I just noticed he's not using faulty grammar; he's neologizing. He's compounded &quot;pick up&quot; (as in, &quot;pick up truck&quot;) and turned it into a verb. Hence the past tense, &quot;pick upped.&quot; He's saying that he would have already packed his shit into a truck to move on to his new mystery job.
    [/quote]

i think he meant picked up
    &quot;Only God Can Judge Me&quot;<br />Eigna

[quote author=eigna link=topic=3317.msg119178#msg119178 date=1166492675]
    [/quote]

sure?

[quote author=noodleboy link=topic=3317.msg119173#msg119173 date=1166492298]
    Wow, I just noticed he's not using faulty grammar; he's neologizing.Â* He's compounded &quot;pick up&quot; (as in, &quot;pick up truck&quot;) and turned it into a verb.Â* Hence the past tense, &quot;pick upped.&quot;Â* He's saying that he would have already packed his shit into a truck to move on to his new mystery job.
    [/quote]

[quote author=eigna link=topic=3317.msg119178#msg119178 date=1166492675]
    [/quote]

I don't think so.Â* He seems to be [EDIT] [s]very[/s] relatively careful with language (punctuation and capitalization issues asside), but he doesn't seem to be above coining new terms if they'll serve his purposes.Â* Besides being the colloquial term for a type of truck, &quot;pick up&quot; can mean &quot;to retrieve&quot; or &quot;to lift,&quot; but neither of those makes sense in context.

He's also Southern, which makes some sort of literary pick up truck boosterage almost mandatory.

Actually, if you read his blog - you'll notice that he's not too familiar with the english language, taoism, or any of the several subjects he chose to write about.
    The simple explanation would be that he was crazy and not too bright.
    I love how we pick away at what he meant by &quot;pick upped&quot; when really we should wonder what kind of person thinks of sofa relocation as the primary consideration when starting a new job.

Did he mention that he was on fire?
    Exactly.

[quote author=eccsame link=topic=3317.msg119287#msg119287 date=1166499920]
    Actually, if you read his blog - you'll notice that he's not too familiar with the english language, taoism, or any of the several subjects he chose to write about.
    I love how we pick away at what he meant by &quot;pick upped&quot; when really we should wonder what kind of person thinks of sofa relocation as the primary consideration when starting a new job.
    [/quote]

One of my primary considerations, actually, is if a new job is worth the annoyance of renting a U-Haul.

I also happen to be on fire.&nbsp;

Exactly.
    [/quote]
    I agree with you. THis guy was Mental! RIP&nbsp; :-(

Okay, so I read his blog 4 times - yes 4 I wanted it to make sense.&nbsp; The more I read it the more confused I was......

Anyways the two things I got from it are:

1.&nbsp; That I can't let my 6 year old watch Dragonball Z anymore.&nbsp;
    2.&nbsp; I should change my username, can't call myself blue anything

But I do feel bad for him and especially his family.&nbsp; RIP

Wow!&nbsp; What an intense letter.&nbsp; Even though I knew how it would end, it was fascinating to follow his illogical path.&nbsp;

I'm sure his depression was clearly related to his drinking:
    &quot;It seems likely to myself that I will pull the trigger early tomorrow morning. As I assume that were any of you to predict that I will kill myself, I think you will probably think I will do it tomorrow night. So I guess this drinking session is my last one. Well. It was very nice.&quot;

Sucks... seems like he had a lot of good friends.

&quot;This DVD will show me the way&quot;

He should have bought Old School instead.&nbsp; Wait, that would be a bad one because Blue dies:

&quot;[Crying] You're my boy, Blue! You're my boy.&quot;

&quot;I see Blue, He look's glorious.&quot;

Oh, and I wonder if his master will honor him:

&quot;One of the core reasons why I am killing myself is to light a fire under your ass. We need to promote our system. So let me put it plainly, 'if you honor me, then make those films.'&quot;

He has to b/c he lit a fire under is ass.

This guys a quack.&nbsp; He really needed some serious help in a mental institution a long, long time ago.&nbsp; It sucks when people can't spot there's something wrong and try to help a person.&nbsp; Then again, some don't want help.&nbsp; Jason thought he knew everything so there probably was no helping him.&nbsp; I can already see the director of V is for Vendetta getting sued for this.

I think that sometimes some people are not meant to be understood. This would be one of them. Though most suicides are sincerely tragic, I truly believe that this man went out better than the majority of the people that we read about on this site. His blog befuddles me. I dont know whether to be sad or happy for him,the reason being he didnt do this b/c of something unpleasant .... Before anyone jumps on me...... I am one of those people that always wonder about the things I dont know. HEAR ME ... I do not want to kill myself or someone else and I will --&gt; (NEVER justify either or). But somewhere in the back of my mind after reading what he wrote I&nbsp; cant help but wonder is it better to leave your own way peacefully or leave tragically. Or to go a whole lifetime w/o having any true beliefs. I AGREE he WAS sick and clearly he couldve used himself as a meaningful &quot;pawn&quot; for the bigger picture, like he said lol. Of all the deaths I dont know which way my opinion sways. I think I'd rather go out peacefully,if only from a mental standpoint regardless of the situation. Than to die at someone elses hands,depression,drugs,accidents etc. etc. etc. But thats just me&nbsp; :|

I know I'll get shit for this. Oh well,we're all a little mind boggling if we're on this site repeatedly so ........&nbsp; &nbsp;
    Bwahahahaha !!!

Inside the head of Jason Boltinghouse:

http://www.sinfest.net/archive_page.php?comicID=2133

There is something there, hidden. He has a point. He made a choice, and it was his right. On he goes.....

Exactly.
    [/quote]

god you're a buzz kill&nbsp; :|&nbsp; why can't we pick on it all?&nbsp; will it hurt his feelings?

[quote author=6 haunted days link=topic=3317.msg119533#msg119533 date=1166537838]
    There is something there, hidden. He has a point. He made a choice, and it was his right. On he goes.....
    [/quote]

Again, I think you're mistaking &quot;the crazies&quot; for depth and meaningful subtext. There really is nothing to it. His writing is garbled and non-sensical most of the time, not to mention full of misspelled words and malapropisms. Further, he based his decision on whether or not to kill himself on whether or not the DVD &quot;Zartochi: The Blind Swordsman&quot; thought it would be a good idea.

Here's the problem I have - do we even know that this guy committed suicide? I mean, do we have any evidence more compelling than his blog (posted on Sunday, right?) and a few comments from his friends?

[quote author=eccsame link=topic=3317.msg119547#msg119547 date=1166539553]
    Again, I think you're mistaking &quot;the crazies&quot; for depth and meaningful subtext. There really is nothing to it. His writing is garbled and non-sensical most of the time, not to mention full of misspelled words and malapropisms. Further, he based his decision on whether or not to kill himself on whether or not the DVD &quot;Zartochi: The Blind Swordsman&quot; thought it would be a good idea.

Here's the problem I have - do we even know that this guy committed suicide? I mean, do we have any evidence more compelling than his blog (posted on Sunday, right?) and a few comments from his friends?
    [/quote]I wonder the same thing.&nbsp; Was it suppose to happen Saturday or Sunday morn?

Thread Information