Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Boltinghouse (27) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in the head

Jason Boltinghouse (27) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in the head

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2006...lf_in_the_head

Wow. I wonder why his family didn't try to help him get treatment for his mental illness?

Re: Jason Boltinghouse (27) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in the head

i know...that was one tormented soul.  his ramblings prior to the suicide were enough that his family could have intervened.  very disturbing story.

Re: Jason Boltinghouse (27) allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself in the head

Those people he called out in his suicide note must be mortified.  I know people like him.  Very intellectual but very tormented.  Sad.

i once worked with a 27-year-old schizophrenic who thought he was a vampire. and he wrote a book one night, detailing the murders of some of me and some of his other coworkers -- by biting us and taking us to the underworld.  he was convinced it was the only way to salvation.

reminds me a lot of this boltinghouse kid -- except just in a different path.

[quote author=deathtango link=topic=3317.msg118599#msg118599 date=1166457373]
    I knew him. Not very well, but I knew him. Weird to find out this way.
    [/quote]

How did you know him? Was he as odd as he sounded on his MySpace? He wouldn't have been proud of you since you aren't spreading your genes.

[size=12pt]Damn just what I needed to read the Monday before Christmas.Â* This has me crying my eyes out.Â* I feel so bad for people with tormented souls.Â* I used to be a tormented soul myself & I just find it so very sad when a person runs out of hope.Â* I hope that his soul has finally found peace.[/size]
    American Witch, Crazy Bitch<br /><br />

[quote author=CemeterySniffer link=topic=3317.msg118607#msg118607 date=1166458061]
    [size=12pt]Damn just what I needed to read the Monday before Christmas.&nbsp; This has me crying my eyes out.&nbsp; I feel so bad for people with tormented souls.&nbsp; I used to be a tormented soul myself &amp; I just find it so very sad when a person runs out of hope.&nbsp; I hope that his soul has finally found peace.[/size]
    [/quote]

He may have been tormented, but it sounds as if he wasn't worried about it.&nbsp; Like he was just starting a new journey.&nbsp;

[quote author=HomicidalLlama link=topic=3317.msg118609#msg118609 date=1166458138]
    He may have been tormented, but it sounds as if he wasn't worried about it.Â* Like he was just starting a new journey.Â*
    [/quote]

I agree.

[quote author=HomicidalLlama link=topic=3317.msg118609#msg118609 date=1166458138]
    He may have been tormented, but it sounds as if he wasn't worried about it.Â* Like he was just starting a new journey.Â*
    [/quote]
    i got that feeling too.&nbsp; it's almost as if he had that euphoric feeling when you've accepted your fate and are moving on.&nbsp;

Wow! This actually made me come out of lurking mode. This is really sad. I feel so sorry for his family. I'm really confused on why he did it. I'm thinking maybe part of it had to do with his religion. It seems as though he was sacraficing himself. Then again, I think I read a section where he said, he didn't know why. Did anyone notice that at times he was having a conversation with himself? Anyway, I hope his soul is at ease.

[quote author=Fantasy link=topic=3317.msg118666#msg118666 date=1166460131]
    I'm really confused on why he did it.[/quote]

Mental illness I think would be the best answer.

[quote author=MorbidCuriousity link=topic=3317.msg118673#msg118673 date=1166460337]
    Mental illness I think would be the best answer.
    [/quote]

Maybe he was just done?&nbsp; Some would argue that you'd have to be mentally ill to continue with the futility of life.&nbsp; Just a thought.

&quot;Even though, I would like to cite a Dragonball Z episode when Piccolo and Kami merged to become one&quot;

Damn! I was going to reference to Dragonball Z in my suicide note!
    *Sigh* - this is an unfortunate setback.&nbsp; :x

Awww, there's always Pokemon! Buck up lil' soldier!

I think it freaks me out because its kinda like a timeline leading up to his death - Gives me the heebeegeebees!!

'Welp. That would be it. I have made my decision. I will shoot myself. I brought my ammo closer to me. And now, I only speak in poetry.'

When i read that my heart totally skipped i got such a fright - although obviously i knew it carried on but the idea of that poor man&nbsp; :-(

Although i also think he seemed unlike most suciicidal people, like he knew he was going somewhere better.

Haha - b4 someone says it i know i cant spell sucid.... whatever,

Im off the dyslexic variety - swear i have 2 proof-read everything 10 times.

aah well

Damnnnnnnnn!&nbsp; After reading his suicide letter, I felt like I had just read a Steven King novel.......poor tormented soul.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

[quote author=egordo46 link=topic=3317.msg118724#msg118724 date=1166462859]
    Haha - b4 someone says it i know i cant spell sucid.... whatever,

Im off the dyslexic variety - swear i have 2 proof-read everything 10 times.

aah well
    [/quote]

Use an email or a document to spell check your posts.&nbsp; It reduces the proof reading and allows people to respond.&nbsp;

Or the newest version of Firefox has a spell check feature that checks every post automatically.&nbsp;

He seemed very intelligent and is most likely in a better place. REST IN PEACE JASON BOLTINGHOUSE

Intelligence? I think that might be a stretch - I think you might be confusing sagacity with the kind of &quot;brilliant&quot; you only get from being really, really, really crazy.
    Although, &quot;Did I mention that I was on fire&quot; is, quite possibly, the best non-sequitur I've ever read in a suicide note. It's kind of sad that he was insane and none of his friends did (or could do) anything to help him, but with the guns and a shooting range in his yard, not to mention the people he feels are &quot;trying to kill him&quot; (was it the Christians?), this could have gone in a much more violent and unfortunate direction (i.e. Louisiana man opens fire in Church, killing 12).

I'm also pretty sure that suicide and Taoism don't mix.

[quote author=MAVEN link=topic=3317.msg118628#msg118628 date=1166458695]
    i got that feeling too.&nbsp; it's almost as if he had that euphoric feeling when you've accepted your fate and are moving on.&nbsp;
    [/quote]That's what happens when a depressed individual decides to commit suicide.&nbsp; They are happy for the first time in a long time because they have figured a way out of the illness.&nbsp; :-(

I may be wrong, but wasn't a lot of his post quotes from movies and such? From what I understand, he said he did that a lot, and didn't put quotations around it. I didn't really understand the post, because it seemed like a bunch of random stuff just thrown in there... which is why I thought he was copying and pasting, again.

I'm probably wrong, though.

[quote author=Jessica link=topic=3317.msg118767#msg118767 date=1166466184]
    I may be wrong, but wasn't a lot of his post quotes from movies and such? From what I understand, he said he did that a lot, and didn't put quotations around it. I didn't really understand the post, because it seemed like a bunch of random stuff just thrown in there... which is why I thought he was copying and pasting, again.

I'm probably wrong, though.
    [/quote]I followed it, probably because I am insane as well.

Thread Information