Thread: "Dear MyDeathSpace, I'm trying to find a battle buddy from Basic Training..."

mydeathspace

"Dear MyDeathSpace, I'm trying to find a battle buddy from Basic Training..."

This is different than most. Can anyone find this missing 'battle buddy'? Might be hard to do...

Dear MyDeathSpace, I'm trying to find a battle buddy from Basic Trining, he was on myspace a few years ago, i use to have him under my listing before my account got deleted, and i made the exact name again in hopes that he still be there, he was in iraq last time we talked, His name is Ford, serves National Guard, i know its little information, but he should be in Utah, Ohio, or Idaho. If you all can find something out, please let me know, i've spent hours trying to find him to know wether he made it back or not, thank you.

------

Sorry its taking so long to respond back, His age is between 20-22 i imagine, 23 the latest, he completed Basic Training at Fort Leanordwood, he lives in either Utah, Idaho, or Ohio. thank you for your efforts though, right now i'm in iraq myself is why its taking so long to respond, again i apologize for the late response. thank you again for your efforts, if you are able to find anything else, and is there a place i can email to see if they can help search on regular myspace too?

Re: "Dear MyDeathSpace, I'm trying to find a battle buddy from Basic Training...

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19152.msg1224898#msg1224898 date=1237953543]
    This is different than most. Can anyone find this missing 'battle buddy'? Might be hard to do...

Dear MyDeathSpace, I'm trying to find a battle buddy from Basic Trining, he was on myspace a few years ago, i use to have him under my listing before my account got deleted, and i made the exact name again in hopes that he still be there, he was in iraq last time we talked, His name is Ford, serves National Guard, i know its little information, but he should be in Utah, Ohio, or Idaho. If you all can find something out, please let me know, i've spent hours trying to find him to know wether he made it back or not, thank you.

------

Sorry its taking so long to respond back, His age is between 20-22 i imagine, 23 the latest, he completed Basic Training at Fort Leanordwood, he lives in either Utah, Idaho, or Ohio. thank you for your efforts though, right now i'm in iraq myself is why its taking so long to respond, again i apologize for the late response. thank you again for your efforts, if you are able to find anything else, and is there a place i can email to see if they can help search on regular myspace too?
    [/quote]

Oh, I hope his friend is safe. 

Re: "Dear MyDeathSpace, I'm trying to find a battle buddy from Basic Training..."

does he know around what date/month he would get back from iraq or expect him to??....as well as when you had gotten this first message to locate his friend if you dont mind sharing

Re: "Dear MyDeathSpace, I'm trying to find a battle buddy from Basic Training..."

i have looked on this site http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/page3.html  if you go down to ford there is only one person that matches any of the states mentioned which hometown is Ironton, Ohio however the SPC passed away on September 16, 2005 but that was the only thing i came close to as far as right now to see if his friend is still alive....if not the right person may this spc rip

mydeathspace

[quote author=marakisses link=topic=19152.msg1224951#msg1224951 date=1237958905]
    ..as well as when you had gotten this first message to locate his friend if you dont mind sharing
    [/quote]

He first emailed 12/16/08.

I responded with:

Where did he complete his basic training?

I tried running a quick search on http://iraq.pigstye.net/index.php?topic=individuals and couldn't narrow it down enough.

Do you have any additional info? Age?

This isn't him is it?

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2008/11/15/Sgt__Joseph_Ford_(23)_died_of_injuries_he_suffered _in_a_vehicle_accident_in_Iraq
    Then he responded with the bottom part of my first post.

well so far im doing sort of like a known city of the states zip and going 250 miles out which is giving me around 300 results....i have booked marked some profiles i made the mistake of digging too far into profiles and my page has expired and gone back to page 1 so....im bookmarking now have some however most of which i have bookmarked were in iraq and are in iraq but as soon as i find some more info i will update with the possibilities due to wow im not done with utah yet and thats where i started but if i can atleast find out possible rank, possible time limit and if he ever posted in the comment section would help a lot however i will keep looking and bookmarking

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19152.msg1224898#msg1224898 date=1237953543]

------

[/quote]

I have access to a Database server with everyone in the army/NG/AR. Ford is going to be tough, it's a popular last name But I could try and narrow it down. Did he give a first name? that would make a huge difference.

http://www.myspace.com/volksnaiper  this is a guy talks about searching a guard armory from what  i can tell he has been deployed before...                                                                                                                                                                                                          
          http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID =391485522 he has deployed however no really connection on of the many that by comments can tell were in iraq and he is military            

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfmfuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID= 127356546    states name under private ford however he is still serving in iraq                                                  

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID =237152274 profile is private so i cannot read any messages or anything                            

so far by searching utah thats all that i have gotten thats even close  :-(                                        

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=19152.msg1224993#msg1224993 date=1237964804]
    I have access to a Database server with everyone in the army/NG/AR. Ford is going to be tough, it's a popular last name But I could try and narrow it down. Did he give a first name? that would make a huge difference.
    [/quote]

for this dont you need a ssn tho....my sgt has the something sort of like it however urs might be different

anyway sorry for how my post showed up my screen did something and things went away oh well gotta be 10% smarter than what you are operating

[quote author=marakisses link=topic=19152.msg1225001#msg1225001 date=1237965159]
    for this dont you need a ssn tho....my sgt has the something sort of like it however urs might be different

anyway sorry for how my post showed up my screen did something and things went away oh well gotta be 10% smarter than what you are operating
    [/quote]

I can just use the yellow pages on Army Knowledge Online. It will quickly list all fords and where they are stationed with contact info.

What part of the service are you in?

Mike I think it is great that you are helping this solider hunt for his Battle Buddy.

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=19152.msg1225052#msg1225052 date=1237980478]
    I can just use the yellow pages on Army Knowledge Online. It will quickly list all fords and where they are stationed with contact info.

What part of the service are you in?
    [/quote]

dont laugh....im in the airforce reserves, so , its not that bad right?? lol

mydeathspace

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=19152.msg1224993#msg1224993 date=1237964804]
    [/quote]

All the info he gave me is listed. Too bad his last name isn't something unique. I told him last night in an email that we are working on it and he responded this morning to say thanks.

If you have any sort of military question(s) that I could ask him to narrow it down, let me have them and I'll ask.

is there anyway you can get the ethnicity of the guy...im now on ohio but there are a lot of military personnel so this would help me in bookmarking and later doing the research

[quote author=marakisses link=topic=19152.msg1225646#msg1225646 date=1238013086]
    dont laugh....im in the airforce reserves, so , its not that bad right?? lol
    [/quote]

No laughing here. Serving your country is serving your country, period.

What is the air force though?

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19152.msg1225655#msg1225655 date=1238013415]
    All the info he gave me is listed. Too bad his last name isn't something unique. I told him last night in an email that we are working on it and he responded this morning to say thanks.

If you have any sort of military question(s) that I could ask him to narrow it down, let me have them and I'll ask.
    [/quote]

I actually have a ford in my unit and I believe he is from the same area as this guy, Not the same person though. Later tonight I'll get on my AKO and look. If you could ask First name, his rank the last he remembers it and his MOS. MOS will most certainly narrow it down. That is his Military Occupational Specialty like MP, Infantry, Supply, Communications, Mechanic, etc..... They come with two numbers followed by a letter. Infantry is 11B. Mechanic is 63B. Communications is 25U and so on. Get me the MOS and it will help alot.

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=19152.msg1229295#msg1229295 date=1238242630]
    No laughing here. Serving your country is serving your country, period.

What is the air force though?

what ya mean what is the air force tho

and did you find any possible names so i can research?? pweez im off for the next week till i go to georgia

[quote author=marakisses link=topic=19152.msg1232294#msg1232294 date=1238478372]

what ya mean what is the air force tho

and did you find any possible names so i can research?? pweez im off for the next week till i go to georgia
    [/quote]

Nothing, just my poor attempt at sarcasm or humor or something. I don't know :lol:

there are 100 pages featuring 1000 Fords in the military. Not sure if you want that. Man, even a first name would help :|

Thread Information