Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Sarah Widmer (24) killed by Newlywed Husband?

Was Sarah Widmer (24) killed by Newlywed Husband?

HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- Authorities charged a Hamilton Township man in the death of his 24-year-old wife, whose body was discovered in the bathtub of their home.

Ryan Widmer told police that he found Sara Widmer floating face-down in the water Monday around 11 p.m.

Police executed a search warrant Wednesday at the house in the 5200 block of Crested Owl Court and seized some items, including a computer hard drive, as possible evidence in the investigation.

"Different pieces of evidence were collected and led us to start to believe that this was not an accidental drowning," said Lt. Jeff Braley of Hamilton Township police.

Prosecutors announced that they had charged the 27-year-old Widmer with murder during a Wednesday evening press conference.

"Although the preliminary cause of death is drowning, there is evidence that there (were) some traumatic injuries, some violent force against her," said Warren County Prosecutor Rachel Hutzel.

The couple had moved into the home last year and married four months ago, authorities said, but neighbors said they never suspected any trouble between them.

"(We) never, never had any trouble on this street, (and) never noticed anything," said neighbor Stephanie Dorfmueller.

Authorities did not reveal any additional information about the dental hygienist's slaying, but Hutzel said Widmer could potentially face a sentence of 15 years to life in prison, if convicted.

I have searched for a myspace on Sarah and her husband was unable to find one. I found it interesting that they are covering this trial live VIA journalist live chat. What do you all think of the live chat forums used in this case?  

http://www.wlwt.com/news/18999785/detail.html

Re: Sarah Widmer

I couldn't find any myspaces for them either.

She was a very pretty girl...

http://obit.wilsonschrammspaulding.c...&id=571809

I have been enjoying the Live Chat of the trial.  Very interesting.  Day 3 of testimony.  Prosecution witnesses are still appearing - they even cut the tub out of their house!!  It is in the middle of the courtroom.  48 hours is there filming this for a future show as well.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=19147.msg1227858#msg1227858 date=1238124254]
    I have been enjoying the Live Chat of the trial.  Very interesting.  Day 3 of testimony.  Prosecution witnesses are still appearing - they even cut the tub out of their house!!  It is in the middle of the courtroom.  48 hours is there filming this for a future show as well.
    [/quote]

It is interesting.  At first I thought maybe he didn't do it, but the more I read, the more I was convinced.  I scanned thru the Live Chat.....I like it also.

I just moved to Montreal, Quebec, from Cincinnati/NKY area 5 months ago. This story was very popular when I left. Since I can't get the local news channels I always go to that site for my "local" news fix.

Apparently Sarah's family is backing Ryan 100%. Her mother and brother are even seated directly behind Ryan in the court room. Next to them are Ryan's mother, twin brother? (I think), ETC.
    I want to believe he is innocent of this. I know we as a public are sometimes pretty quick to judge who is guilty and who is innocent before they actually get a trial.

I keep telling myself..
    Self: You must remember we have only heard one side of this story so far. :)

I think the thing that keeps me hoping he is innocent is that her family have supported him since day one.

First her husband (Sarah's father) passed, then her daughter. How tragic for her.

RIP Sarah.

[quote author=Pheara link=topic=19147.msg1228006#msg1228006 date=1238135913]
    I just moved to Montreal, Quebec, from Cincinnati/NKY area 5 months ago. This story was very popular when I left. Since I can't get the local news channels I always go to that site for my "local" news fix.

Apparently Sarah's family is backing Ryan 100%. Her mother and brother are even seated directly behind Ryan in the court room. Next to them are Ryan's mother, twin brother? (I think), ETC.
    I want to believe he is innocent of this. I know we as a public are sometimes pretty quick to judge who is guilty and who is innocent before they actually get a trial.

I keep telling myself..
    Self: You must remember we have only heard one side of this story so far. :)

I think the thing that keeps me hoping he is innocent is that her family have supported him since day one.

First her husband (Sarah's father) passed, then her daughter. How tragic for her.

RIP Sarah.
    [/quote]

Did you listen to Ryan's 911 call??  What did you think of it?
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=19147.msg1228018#msg1228018 date=1238136401]
    Did you listen to Ryan's 911 call??  What did you think of it?
    [/quote]

Honestly, I think he was pretty calm.

I put myself in his shoes and I see, hyperventilation, panic, and quite possibly some of my own vomit.
    But he, in my opinion was pretty damn calm for someone who just found their 4 month bride face down in the bathtub.

One other thing that kind of bothered me that I didn't know until I seen the live blog, was that he "was on her ass" about getting life insurance from her new place of employment.

What was your opinion of his 911 call?

[quote author=Pheara link=topic=19147.msg1228029#msg1228029 date=1238136963]
    Honestly, I think he was pretty calm.

I put myself in his shoes and I see, hyperventilation, panic, and quite possibly some of my own vomit.
    But he, in my opinion was pretty damn calm for someone who just found their 4 month bride face down in the bathtub.

One other thing that kind of bothered me that I didn't know until I seen the live blog, was that he "was on her ass" about getting life insurance from her new place of employment.

[/quote]

Pretty much the same as yours... He was wicked calm. 

And I didn't hear water splashing at all - for instance when he said he was draining the tub and again when he was getting her out of the tub - we should have heard something - I know my husband's cell phone picks up background noise like that - and in the confines of a small bathrrom there should even be more of an echo effect.  :|

The life insurance thing creeped me a little bit also.  I really do like the reporter's demeanor and posting style on this blog.

RIP Sarah

[quote author=Pheara link=topic=19147.msg1228029#msg1228029 date=1238136963]

[/quote]

I haven't heard the 911 call, but I did read that both the body was dry and the bathroom floor and tub had no water on/in it at all - weird considering he supposedly pulled her out of the tub & into the master bedroom to perform CPR.  Plus her skin was not wrinkly like one would get after being in water for a long time.  Did she ever get the life insurance policy?

[quote author=Jeneris link=topic=19147.msg1228047#msg1228047 date=1238141265]
    I haven't heard the 911 call, but I did read that both the body was dry and the bathroom floor and tub had no water on/in it at all - weird considering he supposedly pulled her out of the tub & into the master bedroom to perform CPR.  Plus her skin was not wrinkly like one would get after being in water for a long time.  Did she ever get the life insurance policy?
    [/quote]

The dentist she worked for never said whether one was issued nor did either attorney ask him?!? 

[quote author=Jeneris link=topic=19147.msg1228047#msg1228047 date=1238141265]

[/quote]

911 Call:

http://www.wlwt.com/download/2009/0323/18994386.mp3

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

her legacy guestbook

http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.aspx?bookid=6034544632073

RIP sarah. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I can't believe it is over already today! Next week should be interesting since the prosecution has rested.

Ryan:

Ryan and Sarah:

Are you still following the trial VIA live blog, nestlequikie and Jeneris?
    Jury is out and the verdict watch has begun!

Can't edit my post, but here is a quick link in case you want to view. Currently the Journalist is on a quick break, but I'm sure he will be back ASAP.

Anticipation!!!

http://www.wlwt.com/news/19062850/detail.html

[quote author=Pheara link=topic=19147.msg1233868#msg1233868 date=1238608013]
    Are you still following the trial VIA live blog, nestlequikie and Jeneris?
    Jury is out and the verdict watch has begun!
    [/quote]

I haven't been following it, but I get the weird feeling that he just might be innocent.  I'd never heard of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome, but we've all heard of people that have died in their sleep & there is no foul play & no real explanation.  Maybe this is the case.  Then again, I could be wayyyyyyy off.

He sounds upset to me.  It seems to me that he knew he was the only one there who could help his wife.  He was trying I believe. 

[quote author=berryblu link=topic=19147.msg1234334#msg1234334 date=1238630740]
    He sounds upset to me.  It seems to me that he knew he was the only one there who could help his wife.  He was trying I believe. 
    [/quote]

Thanks to whoever moved this post. Sorry wasn't sure where to put it. :)

I also believe he is innocent, and I have since day one.

9:00 EST and still no verdict though. 

[quote author=Pheara link=topic=19147.msg1234433#msg1234433 date=1238634000]
    9:00 EST and still no verdict though. 
    [/quote]

That's usually a good sign for the defense....when a jury takes a long time to deliberate.  Sounds as though they are not all convinced either...one way or the other. 

[quote author=berryblu link=topic=19147.msg1234334#msg1234334 date=1238630740]
    [/quote]
    he sounds really upset to me too.
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=19147.msg1234467#msg1234467 date=1238635655]
    he sounds really upset to me too.
    [/quote]

He sounded upset but not like I would expect, I guess.  His answers to the dispatcher sound like I would expect.  I just wish I would have heard noises like  water....

We will see what the jury thinks (they are still out!)

Jury just came back.

Not Guilty of Aggravated Murder.

[size=13pt]Guilty of Murder.[/size]

Courtroom full of emotional outbursts.

Judge orders Ryan Widmer's uncle to be taken in to custody for slamming courtroom door.

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=19147.msg1235559#msg1235559 date=1238719140]
    Jury just came back.

Not Guilty of Aggravated Murder.

[size=13pt]Guilty of Murder.[/size]

Courtroom full of emotional outbursts.

Judge orders Ryan Widmer's uncle to be taken in to custody for slamming courtroom door.

[/quote]

WOW, I am stunned. Speechless if you will.

8:32
    Jury's back. Not guilty of aggravated murder.
    8:33
    Tension is incredible.
    Murder. We the jury in this case find the defendent guilty.
    Woman begins weeping, man says cut it out.
    My fingers are shaking too hard to type.
    8:34
    Judge threatens to clear courtroom if mtional outbursts continue. Crying.
    8:34
    Two male relatives storm out of the courtroom. "Small town justice," one man says.
    8:35
    "I loved my wife, I would not hurt her. THey never gave me a chance. They charged me the next day."
    8:36
    Judge orders Ryan's uncle taken into custody after he storms out and slams open door hard.
    8:36
    Judge explaining appeals process. "We'll get him out on appeal," Ryan's aunt says to another relative.
    8:38
    And that's it.

Judge sentenced him 15 years to life.  :|

I did NOT think the prosecution had proved their case *beyond a reasonable doubt*. 

The blog is on fire right now.
    I am sure this is probably not the end.

Video of the verdict:
    http://www.wlwt.com/video/19082216/index.html

Thread Information