Thread: How to lose friends and alienate countries...

How to lose friends and alienate countries...

[youtube=425,350]tcJn5XlbSFk[/youtube]

Wow. Drag us into your battles and then talk shit about us...

And for the record, we don't need you to protect us. k thnx.  :-)

Re: How to lose friends and alienate countries...

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=19133.msg1223096#msg1223096 date=1237832906]
    [youtube=425,350]tcJn5XlbSFk[/youtube]

Wow. Drag us into your battles and then talk shit about us...

And for the record, we don't need you to protect us. k thnx.  :-)

[/quote]

Yeah, sorry about that.  I can't control all the assholes of my country. :/

[quote author=LuciferBlue link=topic=19133.msg1223103#msg1223103 date=1237833211]
    Yeah, sorry about that.  I can't control all the assholes of my country. :/
    [/quote]

the dude with the goatee is funny, he did a movie called Super High Me. He gets a temporary pass.

the other 2 are just obnoxious and have no idea what they are talking about. I don't think they'd be as mouthy if they got drafted tomorrow.

delta9 I am assuming you are Canadian as well! Are the people you know as mad about this as everyone I know?

I don't care how 'satirical' this show is supposed to be...can you imagine the reaction if some country started mocking the American military?

I have friends serving in Afghanistan and people are pissed about this. Obviously.

Someone please tell me that this show isn't very popular and that Americans think that Fox News is a joke too....

[quote author=izzyd link=topic=19133.msg1226238#msg1226238 date=1238043150]
    delta9 I am assuming you are Canadian as well! Are the people you know as mad about this as everyone I know?

I don't care how 'satirical' this show is supposed to be...can you imagine the reaction if some country started mocking the American military?

I have friends serving in Afghanistan and people are pissed about this. Obviously.

Someone please tell me that this show isn't very popular and that Americans think that Fox News is a joke too....
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Well, smart people think Fox News is a joke.

Sadly, smart people in this country are few and far. 

[/quote]

It's a tough call. It's not really what they said that pissed me off, I can take a joke. It's the whole 'holier than thou' attitude, that the US millitary can do no wrong (they convieniently left out the friendly fire incident that killed a few of our soldiers), and that Canada should be in debt to them. It may be one thing coming from a soldier who put his life on the line, but not some douchebag talk show host that can't even point to Canada on a map. 

I think it was more the persona of the 2 guys on the panel. They just come off as complete assholes who have no idea what they are talking about.

I thought this guy made some interesting points:

I would agree with your comment if it were someone poking fun at maple syrup or french accented goalies but this was beyond the pale. The people risking their lives in Afghanistan are a part of a NATO mission initiated due to an attack on the U.S. For these jerks to be disrespecting the Canadians in the firing line is sickening.
    Imagine if CTV news or Global had a talking head on who started spouting off about the lameness of the U.S. army? Started in on them for being unable to take a country like Iraq they have been bombing for almost 20 years or called them a bunch of whiny pansies because they lost in 'Nam. Or if it was said that they relied on the armies of the rest of the world to fight the real battles since they joined both world wars so damn late after most of the heavy lifting was done. Or said anything that might hurt the feelings of families waiting at the airport for their dead children to come home in flag draped coffins?
    I am so sick of the U.S. thinking they are the most powerful army in the world. What wars did they win? They haven't won a fight on their own against any developed nation. They are great picking on 3rd world banana republics.
    And in case anyone tries to drag out the tired argument that the U.S. army that was the deciding factor in WW2; thank the Russians for Germany's defeat since they were army that turned the tide.

Thread Information