Thread: 84 year old woman(now deceased)lives with the decomposing corpse of her daughter

84 year old woman(now deceased)lives with the decomposing corpse of her daughter

BELLEVUE, Wash. – Police say an elderly woman who was found dead in her apartment last week had been living with her daughter’s decomposing body for some time.

Bellevue police say concerned neighbors at the Bayview Village Apartments called them concerned about the well-being of the 84-year-old woman who lived there.

Officers entered the apartment on March 9 and found the woman dead in the bathroom. Officers and the medical examiner went through the unit and took the woman’s body.

Apartment managers said the woman had a daughter living at a different address, but the medical examiner was not able to find her.

One week later, the medical examiner went back to the apartment, hoping to find something that would lead to next of kin.

While looking through piles of the woman’s effects, the coroner found a severely decomposed body that is believed to be the 62-year-old daughter.

Apparently the daughter, who had been living with the woman for quite awhile, slid between the bed and the stacks of the elderly woman’s belongings.

It’s not immediately clear when or how the daughter died. The body is no longer recognizable as human remains.
    http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_031809WAB-woman-lives-with-dead-daughter-TP.4a832e69.html

Re: 84 year old woman(now deceased)lives with the decomposing corpse of her daughter

i gotta comment on this because stories like this intrigue me.

did the old lady "know" that her daughter was there?
    what did the apartment look like?
    i wish i could see pics.  the last sentence intrigues me, "the body was no longer recognizable as human remains"
    how long was it there?? what did she die of?? what was the story??
    this just prove how nosy i am.

Re: 84 year old woman(now deceased)lives with the decomposing corpse of her daughter

I read this article as "84 year old woman lives in the decomposng corpse of her daughter"

This is much less weird...still odd, though. I hope I turn back into stardust before I become so senile that I lose it.  :|
    <br /><br />Funk all night.

Thread Information