Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Yard & Garden (Indoor/Outdoor)

Re: Yard & Garden (Indoor/Outdoor)

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=19045.msg1252748#msg1252748 date=1240109628]
    I have to wait at least two more months to get that sun.  :2angry:

[/quote]
    teehee. I totally broke out my bathing suit today!  I cut the tops of my roses in it.  :2smiley:

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

here's some more photos.

my son planting corn, and then we added beans around it, old indian trick, the beans will used the corn as it's pole to grow on.

one of the earlier steps.
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

the color nine

[quote author=vaga link=topic=19045.msg1252833#msg1252833 date=1240120374]
    teehee. I totally broke out my bathing suit today!&nbsp;&nbsp; I cut the tops of my roses in it.&nbsp;&nbsp; :2smiley:

[/quote]

I broke out my, well for you would be a winter jacket, here it's a light coat and my roses are still dead looking sticks.&nbsp; :lol:

Your son is so cute!&nbsp; He looks like he is enjoying the garden.&nbsp; Mine, not so much until they get the goodies on them then they are like scavenging rodents.&nbsp; Last year I kept wondering where the cherry tomatoes and snow peas were going.&nbsp; I thought birds but no, it was the oldest picking and eating.&nbsp; What kind of corn did you plant?

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=19045.msg1252919#msg1252919 date=1240148777]

I broke out my, well for you would be a winter jacket, here it's a light coat and my roses are still dead looking sticks.&nbsp; :lol:

Your son is so cute!&nbsp; He looks like he is enjoying the garden.&nbsp; Mine, not so much until they get the goodies on them then they are like scavenging rodents.&nbsp; Last year I kept wondering where the cherry tomatoes and snow peas were going.&nbsp; I thought birds but no, it was the oldest picking and eating.&nbsp; What kind of corn did you plant?

[/quote]
    That's funny lol. We got a compose bin, so my son is excited cos it's an experiment. But we'll see how he is when I'm like &quot;please water the garden!&quot; We planted yellow &amp; sweet corn. hehehe I have no idea if we really had room for all of it, we'll see how much we actually get from it. I hope the carrots do good, last time we did a garden they didn't have enough room to grow long enough, but with this raised&nbsp; bed technique I think they just may!

the color nine

We are going to try corn this year too.&nbsp; I hope it works out but we have a slew of crows.&nbsp; My hawk gets harassed by them daily.&nbsp; I HATE crows.&nbsp; I read somewhere that if you shoot one and hang it all the other crows stay away.&nbsp; I can't see myself doing that though.&nbsp;&nbsp; :-P&nbsp; The carrots are going in new ground and I am concerned about their growth.&nbsp; The ground here is rocky.&nbsp; You can have a boulder every one to three feet.&nbsp;&nbsp; :|&nbsp; We broke three tines on the tiller in just a small patch.&nbsp; I can't wait to see how everyone's plants do.

it is still far too cold here to start planting...I have all my seeds and can't wait...have any of you tried to do your own upside down hanging tomatoes?&nbsp; I know you can buy them etc in stores,but I wondered if anyone had tried to do their own .....my across the way neighbor did a hanging basket of them&nbsp; and I want to try it, I think.&nbsp; I got really yummy ones out of the garden last year { my very first that I ever planted alone} and my carrots were a flop and the lettuce was bunny food.....now that I have the hunters Lady and Kitty Whiskers I don't think i will have as many scavangers as I did last year,,,,

the color nine

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=19045.msg1253089#msg1253089 date=1240175409]
    it is still far too cold here to start planting...I have all my seeds and can't wait...have any of you tried to do your own upside down hanging tomatoes?&nbsp; I know you can buy them etc in stores,but I wondered if anyone had tried to do their own .....my across the way neighbor did a hanging basket of them&nbsp; and I want to try it, I think.&nbsp; I got really yummy ones out of the garden last year { my very first that I ever planted alone} and my carrots were a flop and the lettuce was bunny food.....now that I have the hunters Lady and Kitty Whiskers I don't think i will have as many scavangers as I did last year,,,,
    [/quote]

I really want that upside down tomato thingy!&nbsp;&nbsp; :oops:

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=19045.msg1253089#msg1253089 date=1240175409]
    [/quote]
    I hope the my tomatoes work this year, last time I tried it, they were kinda retarded. lol. The hot peppers in my garden has helped keep the rodents away...they took a bite of a habanero and went running. lol.&nbsp; But I'm trying the regular way with my tomatos,, hmm unside down.. eh..

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=19045.msg1253078#msg1253078 date=1240172593]
    We are going to try corn this year too.&nbsp; I hope it works out but we have a slew of crows.&nbsp; My hawk gets harassed by them daily.&nbsp; I HATE crows.&nbsp; I read somewhere that if you shoot one and hang it all the other crows stay away.&nbsp; I can't see myself doing that though.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; :-P&nbsp; The carrots are going in new ground and I am concerned about their growth.&nbsp; The ground here is rocky.&nbsp; You can have a boulder every one to three feet.&nbsp;&nbsp; :|&nbsp; We broke three tines on the tiller in just a small patch.&nbsp;&nbsp; I can't wait to see how everyone's plants do.
    [/quote]

you know, I feel like I'm taking credit for this garden, my son and his grandpa , really set it all up, I just helped with the seedlings and keeping it going.. lol &nbsp; :oops:
    crows! I say you should try that trick... but then I wonder what would come in and eat your crow...

[quote author=vaga link=topic=19045.msg1253721#msg1253721 date=1240250927]
    I hope the my tomatoes work this year, last time I tried it, they were kinda retarded. lol. The hot peppers in my garden has helped keep the rodents away...they took a bite of a habanero and went running. lol.&nbsp; But I'm trying the regular way with my tomatos,, hmm unside down.. eh..

you know, I feel like I'm taking credit for this garden, my son and his grandpa , really set it all up, I just helped with the seedlings and keeping it going.. lol &nbsp; :oops:
    crows! I say you should try that trick... but then I wonder what would come in and eat your crow...

[/quote]

you helped, you get to take credit...

retarded tomatoes are good for salsa and spaghetti sauce....I really didn't think anything would grow at all but the 'maters were plentiful, and that in itself was worth the effort...I LOVE to make home made Italian dishes, anything with a pasta and a cheese involving tomato sauce I'm down for..lol

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=19045.msg1253961#msg1253961 date=1240264889]

you helped, you get to take credit...

retarded tomatoes are good for salsa and spaghetti sauce....I really didn't think anything would grow at all but the 'maters were plentiful, and that in itself was worth the effort...I LOVE to make home made Italian dishes, anything with a pasta and a cheese involving tomato sauce I'm down for..lol
    [/quote]

I'm kinda feeling impatient already! lol. I want new patio furniture now. hahaha

I'm impatient for the weather needed to pull out patio furniture..it is supposed to SNOW here tomorrow.

I want a new picnic table this year..my old one died last year in a fire...{fucking drunk friends}....we have a big yard and no picnic table area anymore...glass tables with chairs /umbrella etc, but I like to BBQ and sit out at a table and carve names and doodles in it...I'm a sentimental dork.

the color nine

[quote author=vaga link=topic=19045.msg1253721#msg1253721 date=1240250927]

[/quote]

Maybe my hawk that gets harassed by them!&nbsp; I shot my gun at three targets yesterday.&nbsp; One at one at fifteen yards, one at twenty five yards and a softball at twenty yards.&nbsp; Did good with everything but the softball, so I think the crows are safe.&nbsp; :lol:

boyfriend is slowly but surely building a wall for a garden

"Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

WHOOHOOO!! I gotta get my butt home and water ours, damn heat wave, I hope nothings dead!

[quote author=vaga link=topic=19045.msg1255265#msg1255265 date=1240361990]
    WHOOHOOO!! I gotta get my butt home and water ours, damn heat wave, I hope nothings dead!
    [/quote]

grrr, I want a heat wave!
    I posted my patio wants for you in the Home Dec thread....its a good site...

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=19045.msg1256167#msg1256167 date=1240435983]

grrr, I want a heat wave!
    I posted my patio wants for you in the Home Dec thread....its a good site...
    [/quote]

Oh thanks! i'll go check it out. well today it's cooled down, the weather is so back and fourth....
    earthquake weather,....

Spring is so depressing in my neighborhood.&nbsp; We had a huge ice storm in December that forced us out of our house for a week.
    The night the storm came the power went out at about 9PM.&nbsp; I sat petrified all night.&nbsp; All you could hear was the creaking and cracking of branches and trees.&nbsp; When the limbs would bend and break off,&nbsp; the ice falling off of them sounded like huge peices of glass shattering.
    Now that Spring is here the devastation is mind blowing.&nbsp; In my neighborhood everyone has piles of tree branches stacked over 6 foot high along the front of their property.&nbsp; The city is supposed to be picking it all up.&nbsp; Until I show you these walls of branches you can't comprehend the mess.&nbsp; Some piles are hundreds of feet long.&nbsp;
    Our neighborhood is also under quarantine due to infestation of the Asian Long Haired Beetle.&nbsp; No wood can be removed from the area and they will be removing thousands of tress that survived the storm.&nbsp; It's really just awful.
    I found a couple of pictures online.

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

That looks just like here.&nbsp; We have piles and piles of limbs all over the side of the streets and they have yet to clean up the mess.&nbsp; They keep saying they will though.&nbsp; We aren't under quarantine for anything.

Sometimes while driving I feel like I'm in a tunnel.

the color nine

Some of my daffodils I picked today.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=19045.msg1259785#msg1259785 date=1240799209]
    Some of my daffodils I picked today.

[/quote]

:-) I luv them!! the photo is very stylish too&nbsp;

the color nine

[quote author=vaga link=topic=19045.msg1260319#msg1260319 date=1240856807]
    :-) I luv them!! the photo is very stylish too&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Thanks, it's on my dusty woodstove.&nbsp; Had I known it showed that much dust I would have written something clever.&nbsp; :)

the color nine

pics of my tulips and daffodils - The daffodils on the bank smell the best!

[quote author=missberi link=topic=19045.msg1252340#msg1252340 date=1240075475]
    Here are mine lil ones!

Bachelor Buttons and Sunflowers

The sunflowers.&nbsp; See the shell.&nbsp; That is so cool!

[/quote]

The Buttons kinda died. :(

My sunflowers!

Think I should replant them now?&nbsp; I have never done this.

We've just been given 12 tomato plants.&nbsp;
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

the color nine

[quote author=missberi link=topic=19045.msg1265915#msg1265915 date=1241409326]
    The Buttons kinda died. :(

My sunflowers!

Think I should replant them now?&nbsp; I have never done this.
    [/quote]

Are you asking whether to put them outside yet or transplant them to the ground?&nbsp; They look like they are big enough to go to a large pot but it should be their last transplant so make sure it good and big.&nbsp; We planted our seedlings that we started indoors last weekend and even though we had a couple of nights that got close to frost they seem to be doing well.&nbsp;

Thread Information