Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Yard & Garden (Indoor/Outdoor)

the color nine

Re: Yard & Garden (Indoor/Outdoor)

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=19045.msg1315878#msg1315878 date=1246002572]
    Wow 9, that's freaky. Mother Nature is a force to be reckoned with huh. Stay safe porch crone. 
    [/quote]

It was really cool except for the tree on the vehicle part.  Could have done without that part.  It looks like the bridge is still there, I just don't know if it's stable or not.  I will stay on my porch looking at my tree and be the best crone I can be.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=19045.msg1315785#msg1315785 date=1245992584]
    the last picture I took for the night

[/quote]

Your weather  :-o

Thats a wicked photo, shame you had to have such a bad storm to get it. Keep safe tc9.

Take care 9.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

have you see what it did to the car yet?
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

the color nine

[quote author=okac link=topic=19045.msg1316352#msg1316352 date=1246052666]
    have you see what it did to the car yet?
    [/quote]

No not yet.  I've spend most of the day with the electrician and tomorrow the limb is getting cut down along with the tree.    I love that tree.

Lots of clean up to do.

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=19045.msg1316437#msg1316437 date=1246058832]
    No not yet.  I've spend most of the day with the electrician and tomorrow the limb is getting cut down along with the tree.    I love that tree.

Lots of clean up to do.
    [/quote]Glad you are still with us! What hit your tree - lightning or a twister? Was that the only major damage? I hope it was.

the color nine

Thanks!
    I don't know actually.  There was a huge gust of wind that they are claiming was about 100 + that ripped through the valley but there was lightening and rain as well.  All that happened quite quickly.

the color nine

truck-pretty lucky actually

Sorry about your tree. Thank heavens the damage wasn't worse, and that no one was in the truck.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

the color nine

Thanks, I loved that tree and so did the birds and squirrels.  Nests of all kinds were in that tree.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=19045.msg1316437#msg1316437 date=1246058832]
    Lots of clean up to do.
    [/quote]

There was a time that statement would have made no sense to me but now I understand it completely. I'm sorry about your tree. Hugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I have to plant an apple tree. It's been in the pot I bought it in for too long. I can't decide where to put it. It's the tree my oldest chose as 'her' tree.

Now I find if I have one apple tree, I need two so they can cross pollinate. So I have a plum tree (at least that's what the neighbors say) so can it pollinate my apple tree and I can have plapples?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=19045.msg1316857#msg1316857 date=1246119552]There was a time that statement would have made no sense to me but now I understand it completely. I'm sorry about your tree. Hugs. [/quote]

Me too DS.  I've been roadtripping since the 27th so I'm just reading this, but I feel so bad about that tree.  I think of all the years it has stood there, all the nests it has held in it's branches.

Now the bridge?  Jeezus, that scared the hell out of me.  When TC9 walked out on it to take the video I covered my eyes and yelled "Noooooo! Don't walk on the bridge!"  Very reminiscent of "Nooooo! Don't go in the attic!"  :lol:  :lol:
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

the color nine

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=19045.msg1331712#msg1331712 date=1247393250]
    Me too DS.  I've been roadtripping since the 27th so I'm just reading this, but I feel so bad about that tree.  I think of all the years it has stood there, all the nests it has held in it's branches.

Now the bridge?  Jeezus, that scared the hell out of me.  When TC9 walked out on it to take the video I covered my eyes and yelled "Noooooo! Don't walk on the bridge!"  Very reminiscent of "Nooooo! Don't go in the attic!"   :lol:  :lol:
    [/quote]

Oh, I didn't go out on the bridge and I freaked out when I saw that my husband did.  Especially when that huge branch hit it and made it move.  :-o

welcome back!

My fence is done! It's so nice to be able to let the dogs run free rather than leash them to go out. They love it!

the color nine

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=19045.msg1331731#msg1331731 date=1247402154]
    My fence is done! It's so nice to be able to let the dogs run free rather than leash them to go out. They love it!
    [/quote]

Yay!  I bet they peed on every inch of it to mark their new territory.  :lol:

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=19045.msg1331737#msg1331737 date=1247402979]
    Yay!  I bet they peed on every inch of it to mark their new territory.  :lol:
    [/quote]

hahaha I only have one male but it's amazing how many things he can pee on in a walk around the block. He alternates between chasing squirrels and birds and staring at the fence as though he's trying to figure out how it got there and how he can get around it. Sophie goes in and out a million times a day. Gracie is old and fat and loves air conditioning so she just does her business and comes back inside.  :lol:

I'm so glad they have a fenced yard now.  I think if you have pets you just about have to have one.  Stephen is making fun of me because one of my criteria for our Northern Virginia home is that Louie have a fenced yard.  Stephen just doesn't get it.  He thinks I'm crazy for basing househunting on a fenced yard for a cat.  But Louie loves to sit outside and I'm not going to have him hit by a car, you know?  He's a member of the family and his needs have to be taken into consideration as well.  Besides, I don't want just anyone to feel free to walk into my back yard.  I want a little privacy even if it's only the psychological barrier of a fence.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=19045.msg1331742#msg1331742 date=1247403712]
    I'm so glad they have a fenced yard now.  I think if you have pets you just about have to have one.  Stephen is making fun of me because one of my criteria for our Northern Virginia home is that Louie have a fenced yard.  Stephen just doesn't get it.  He thinks I'm crazy for basing househunting on a fenced yard for a cat.  But Louie loves to sit outside and I'm not going to have him hit by a car, you know?  He's a member of the family and his needs have to be taken into consideration as well.  Besides, I don't want just anyone to feel free to walk into my back yard.  I want a little privacy even if it's only the psychological barrier of a fence.
    [/quote]

How high do you think it needs to be to keep a cat in? Mine is 5 feet and I'm afraid my cat would jump right up and over. I haven't had him out yet. I tried this morning but he didn't want to go out.

the color nine

It's amazing how much urine they have stored for that isn't it.  :lol:  I have two males and the one loves to stay out as long as he can and the other one doesn't consider himself a dog and is totally disgusted that he has to go out there at all.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=19045.msg1331743#msg1331743 date=1247403846]
    How high do you think it needs to be to keep a cat in? Mine is 5 feet and I'm afraid my cat would jump right up and over. I haven't had him out yet. I tried this morning but he didn't want to go out.
    [/quote]
    http://www.catfencein.com/

Yay! for the fence.  We didn't have a fence here when we bought this place. Fortunately we were able to wait until we got the fence done to actually move.

"Why yes.  It is an emergency Mr. Fence Guy.  I  have 5 dogs and I'm not going to move unless they have a place to go potty."

the color nine

First mutant carrots!

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=19045.msg1332808#msg1332808 date=1247503038]
    First mutant carrots!

[/quote]

You live next to a nuclear reactor?

the color nine

:lol:

No, I was a lazy girl and didn't remove all the rocks deep down.   :oops:

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=19045.msg1333056#msg1333056 date=1247520716]
    :lol:

No, I was a lazy girl and didn't remove all the rocks deep down.   :oops:
    [/quote]

That sounds like work. They're actually kinda cute.  :lol:

Thread Information