Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Yard & Garden (Indoor/Outdoor)

Doing pavers today...hopefully it will turn out okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by faq_q View Post
    Oh, we just did pavers a couple of weeks ago! Have fun! I don't envy you! Are you doing it the old fashioned way, or are you using those sakrete paver pads which cut the digging in half? I highly recommend those. We have done it both ways and those things are a godsend!

Old fashioned way and now it's fucking raining in the middle of our project We took a tamper and leveled the ground but it will no doubt turn into a mud pit now.

I find it hilarious that YOU are acting all high and mighty toward us when you're posting on here just like anyone else and in addition, defending a murderer. A child murderer, at that. Go fuck a Popsicle.

It's raining here, too, but it's not ruining anything for me so I find it lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Old fashioned way and now it's fucking raining in the middle of our project We took a tamper and leveled the ground but it will no doubt turn into a mud pit now.
    We were in the middle of a backyard project here too and it started pouring! Break time.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    We were in the middle of a backyard project here too and it started pouring! Break time.
    Suns back out, back at it. We managed to tarp it over before it all got soaked. Bad thing is, we just figured out we don't have enough pavers.

Suns back out, back at it. We managed to tarp it over before it all got soaked. Bad thing is, we just figured out we don't have enough pavers.
    haha-I have made three trips to Home Depot today for our project, so I feel your pain!

haha-I have made three trips to Home Depot today for our project, so I feel your pain!
    I usually have a motto, buy more than you need. You can always take the remainder back. Problem with that, is we had about 800-900 lbs of pavers and sand in the back of my truck. It's only a half ton. I couldn't have got more if I had wanted to.

Pavers? Explain please!?

Mommy to: Misty-Allison-Elliot-Sebastian-Quinn
    And our newest rugrat MISS MARLEE!!!

Pavers

Okay and the purpose of it is what just so you don't have dirt there anymore? Couldn't you just poor cement seems a lot less time consuming lol

I must be missing something LOL let me Google it

Kat, when you own a house you will understand. It's all about making it better. If you just pour concrete everywhere it looks terrible. Our backyard is our oasis, we choose to spend money and time on it because we spend about 90% of our time in it.

Kat, when you own a house you will understand. It's all about making it better. If you just pour concrete everywhere it looks terrible. Our backyard is our oasis, we choose to spend money and time on it because we spend about 90% of our time in it.
    Pouring concrete over an area is trashy, trashy, trashy! Pavers are nice and upscale and provide a beautiful outdoor living area. SMH.

ETA: I am using inspiration from your outdoor kitchen area, from a year or so again, and we are fashioning a patio addition and making our covered patio into an outdoor kitchen. I am hoping to try countertops like you made eventually. Small steps first though!

Never heard of it, was not meant to be offensive lol you know I am a big ole hippy, lol concrete and stone makes me sad inside HOWEVER I did google it and might I say.... WANT

Pouring concrete over an area is trashy, trashy, trashy! Pavers are nice and upscale and provide a beautiful outdoor living area. SMH.

ETA: I am using inspiration from your outdoor kitchen area, from a year or so again, and we are fashioning a patio addition and making our covered patio into an outdoor kitchen. I am hoping to try countertops like you made eventually. Small steps first though!
    I'd take pictures of it now but it's got all kinds of stuff on it from our projects. I added a beer tap running through a chiller plate. It's awesome! Concrete countertops are so cool. You can shave a layer off, pollish it and it looks like new all over again.

ETA: it feels good to know someone finds what I did, cool

I'd take pictures of it now but it's got all kinds of stuff on it from our projects. I added a beer tap running through a chiller plate. It's awesome! Concrete countertops are so cool. You can shave a layer off, pollish it and it looks like new all over again.

ETA: it feels good to know someone finds what I did, cool
    of course you did!

I thought it was awesome the first time you posted it. I have been daydreaming about doing it for awhile. We are going to screen in the covered porch and make it a true lanai. It's pretty large, so I am going to put lounging furniture on one side and make the other side my outdoor kitchen. The paver patio area is going to have chaise loungers and a fountain and fire pit on it, and I am also going to put the hammock stand on it.

I want to do the concrete countertops as a test outside first, but I have debated trying to do it for the kitchen too if it all goes well. We have been redoing the whole house room by room and the kitchen is the last one left. The cabinets are nice, but I want something different for the countertops and I am not really in love with granite or anything like that. I have been researching the concrete ones ever since I saw yours. I this one, but I think the veins in this have to be done by a professional company. I am not adverse to having someone else do it, but I like learning how to do stuff too. (I can't get it to imbed, so hopefully this link will work.)

[houzz=http://www.houzz.com/photos/50140/Concrete-Counter-top-that-looks-like-granite-other-metro]

of course you did!

I thought it was awesome the first time you posted it. I have been daydreaming about doing it for awhile. We are going to screen in the covered porch and make it a true lanai. It's pretty large, so I am going to put lounging furniture on one side and make the other side my outdoor kitchen. The paver patio area is going to have chaise loungers and a fountain and fire pit on it, and I am also going to put the hammock stand on it.

I want to do the concrete countertops as a test outside first, but I have debated trying to do it for the kitchen too if it all goes well. We have been redoing the whole house room by room and the kitchen is the last one left. The cabinets are nice, but I want something different for the countertops and I am not really in love with granite or anything like that. I have been researching the concrete ones ever since I saw yours. I this one, but I think the veins in this have to be done by a professional company. I am not adverse to having someone else do it, but I like learning how to do stuff too. (I can't get it to imbed, so hopefully this link will work.)

[houzz=http://www.houzz.com/photos/50140/Concrete-Counter-top-that-looks-like-granite-other-metro]
    That's awesome! We are going to make a bbq island next and yes, you guessed it, concrete. We still have the recipe to make it match.

That's awesome! We are going to make a bbq island next and yes, you guessed it, concrete. We still have the recipe to make it match.
    Make sure you share pics when you finish it!

Make sure you share pics when you finish it!
    Oh, I will...most certainly. Probably be fall before we get started. We are doing the pavers and also trying to get a nice Bermuda grass to grow. It's challenging with dogs

So it is going to be like a mini bar or BBQ area? That makes a lot more sense. I was just not able to see it in my head, I have a long road ahead of me at the next place. There is a HUGE old tree that use to be a treehouse it looks like and it is in the middle of a dirt area because the person before had chickens.

The area is huge, I am not great with measurements but my guess....40 feet across and 20 feet back? Anyways it's just regular run-of-the-mill dirt so I'm going to have to till it all in and add my coffee grinds and some fertilizer and some compost and it's gonna take a month just to even get the land ready to plant and I am doing it alone 7 months pregnant because my husband is just not an outdoor guy And I want to make sure to already have everything planted and started by the time the baby comes.

I already have an orange and walnut tree I would love to plant and apple and a cherry tree, plus start a little pumpkin, watermelon, squash type patch. So much to do... Makes me wanna cry lol oh yeah and I want a fire pit!

I already have a wet bar with a beer tap. This is going to be a bbq island around my two webers with a preparation station and lighting. Probably LED with some sort of pergola.

Can't wait to see it, make the lights super sparkly for me lol

Faq, I found the post where you put your pics in the chit chat thread. I am going to link over here so that I can find it easily, and because it's so cool and you should share it with everyone in the yard forum!

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...=1#post3438184

Do you have any actual pics of the process of the concrete countertop?

Faq, I found the post where you put your pics in the chit chat thread. I am going to link over here so that I can find it easily, and because it's so cool and you should share it with everyone in the yard forum!

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...=1#post3438184

Do you have any actual pics of the process of the concrete countertop?
    I don't....I don't even have the form anymore, I used it for firewood

Thread Information