http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hsEt2QUoeNPGuW85Ndl-M9_OXZtAD96VB1V81
Woman shot by arrow on NYC street, is recovering

NEW YORK (AP) — A woman who was hit in the stomach with an arrow on a city street said Monday she at first thought she was hit by a baseball.

The 30-inch arrow struck Denise Delgado-Brown on Sunday afternoon as she was dropping off fellow parishioners at a nursing home after church.

"I thought that maybe somebody had hit me with a baseball," the Yonkers traffic court officer told WINS radio. "It just happened so quickly. I just couldn't believe it."

A St. Barnabas Hospital spokesman said Delgado-Brown was in stable condition and would be moved from the intensive care unit Monday.

Police said the black arrow with yellow feathers was a high-performance carbon aluminum arrow used for target practice; they believed it was shot at random, possibly from a rooftop or park in the area. The arrow can potentially reach a distance of more than 300 yards, police said.

The shooter could face reckless endangerment charges if it's determined that the arrow was shot from an area where target practice is not permitted. No arrests have been made.