Thread: Esme Kenney (13) and Casonya Crawford (14) strangled by sex offender

Esme Kenney (13) and Casonya Crawford (14) strangled by sex offender

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2009/03/16/Esme_Kenney_(13)_and_Casonya_Crawford_(14)_are_tho ught_to_have_both_been_strangled_by_the_same_sex_o ffender

So this guy burned a woman to death in 1987 and managed to serve only 16 yrs.  I wonder how many are going to die in 2025.

Re: Esme Kenney (13) and Casonya Crawford (14) strangled by sex offender

I read about this story on another site and it makes me so angry.

I will never understand how this guy raped a woman and then set her on fire while she was still alive, yet he only served 16 years for her murder. It just blows my mind.

Now these poor girls are dead (I believe he is also suspected in at least one other death with the same MO in the area), and for what? So somebody who was caught with an ounce of pot can sit in jail instead?

I wish there was a "shakes head sadly" emoticon.

RIP Esme and Casonya.
    <br /><br />I want to go to Heaven for the weather and Hell for the company.

It looks like Esme's parents did everything right as far as keeping her safe online. Her profile, age, and location are all private. She was out jogging when he grabbed her. How tragic that they couldn't protect her in her own neighborhood.&nbsp; :-( His bail is impressive, I don't remember when I've seen one quite that high. But why isn't he denied bail? He allegedly stabbed someone 10 times just a week before he took Esme. I'm happy that Casonya's family might finally get some answers after all this time. RIP girls.

Esme's blog:

http://www.theesmeshow.blogspot.com/

Gosh, what a horrible shame. She seemed like such a smart, promising young girl.

My heart goes out to her friends and family.

RIP Esme and Casonya

This case is all too familiar to that of Carlie Brucia from my hometown of Sarasota, FL. Her murderer had been arrested for attacking a woman in the early 90's and had been in trouble with the law ever since. He was on parole, which he violated something like 16 times, and this douche-bag judge kept letting him walk. Then he kidnaps an 11 year old girl walking home from a friends house, which was captured on a near-by security camera. He raped and strangled her and left her body behind a church. I was working in a medical records office during the trial and he had a file there we had to turn over to the courts. Once it came back, I went through it and found that in 1994, he attempted suicide and was in a coma for months. Really makes you wonder how fucked up the universe really is when pieces of shit like this are allowed to walk the streets and kill our children.

Why aren't we chemically castrating them like we used to?

[quote author=mcr1986 link=topic=19034.msg1218367#msg1218367 date=1237403047]
    This case is all too familiar to that of Carlie Brucia from my hometown of Sarasota, FL. Her murderer had been arrested for attacking a woman in the early 90's and had been in trouble with the law ever since. He was on parole, which he violated something like 16 times, and this douche-bag judge kept letting him walk. Then he kidnaps an 11 year old girl walking home from a friends house, which was captured on a near-by security camera. He raped and strangled her and left her body behind a church. I was working in a medical records office during the trial and he had a file there we had to turn over to the courts. Once it came back, I went through it and found that in 1994, he attempted suicide and was in a coma for months. Really makes you wonder how fucked up the universe really is when pieces of shit like this are allowed to walk the streets and kill our children.

Why aren't we chemically castrating them like we used to?
    [/quote]

I hope by chemically castrating, you mean that they pour caustic chemicals on their genitals until they burn off.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=19034.msg1216486#msg1216486 date=1237236729]
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2009/03/16/Esme_Kenney_(13)_and_Casonya_Crawford_(14)_are_tho ught_to_have_both_been_strangled_by_the_same_sex_o ffender

So this guy burned a woman to death in 1987 and managed to serve only 16 yrs.&nbsp; &nbsp;I wonder how many are going to die in 2025.
    [/quote]

Maybe they'll get it right this time:

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=19034.msg1218414#msg1218414 date=1237405717]
    I hope by chemically castrating, you mean that they pour caustic chemicals on their genitals until they burn off.
    [/quote]

That's exactly what I mean. In Florida, that's still the punishment on the books for sex-offenders of this caliber and I have no clue as to why they don't actually do it. Or we could just have 14 year old girls surgically castrate them, like in that movie Hard Candy.

Blog from her brother, fucking heartbreaking.

http://lifeonsomeplanet.blogspot.com/2009/03/esme-kenney-1996-2009.html

[quote author=mcr1986 link=topic=19034.msg1219324#msg1219324 date=1237481000]
    That's exactly what I mean. In Florida, that's still the punishment on the books for sex-offenders of this caliber and I have no clue as to why they don't actually do it. Or we could just have 14 year old girls surgically castrate them, like in that movie Hard Candy.
    [/quote] :lol: You know that's not really what chemical castration is, right? please tell me you're joking.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=19034.msg1219540#msg1219540 date=1237492311]
    :lol: You know that's not really what chemical castration is, right? please tell me you're joking.
    [/quote]

No, no...I know that's not what the medical procedure is for chemical castration. Just what I think it should be.&nbsp;

[quote author=mcr1986 link=topic=19034.msg1219731#msg1219731 date=1237503499]
    No, no...I know that's not what the medical procedure is for chemical castration. Just what I think it should be.&nbsp;
    [/quote]oh ok whew. :lol:
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Serial Killer Suspect Collapses During Court Hearing
    Team Of Investigators Arrives At Pogue Center

CINCINNATI -- A man accused of killing three women and burning their bodies collapsed in court Thursday.

Anthony Kirkland was being arraigned when he collapsed and hit his head on the podium as the judge read the third charge against him.

Kirkland was arrested in connection with the death of Esme Kenney, 13, earlier this month. He has been charged with murder, attempted rape and gross abuse of a corpse in that case.

He was in court Thursday on charges that he killed and burned two other women in 2006, Casonya Crawford, 14, and Mary Jo Newton, 45.

Raw Video | Slideshow

After Kirkland's collapse, as deputies and lawyers examined him, the judge continued to read the charges against him.

Kirkland will face the death penalty for Kenney and Crawford's deaths. His attorney pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Kirkland is being held without bond. His next court appearance is scheduled for April 1.

Outside the courtroom, Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters was asked about Kirkland's collapse. He responded, &quot;I didn't see many people running to catch him.&quot;

Also present at Thursday's hearing was the grandmother of Casonya Crawford, one of the young women Kirkland is accused of killing.

Patricia Crawford believes Kirkland faked his fall in court.

&quot;He didn't collapse,&quot; she said. &quot;I don't know if he wanted attention. I don't know what type of attention he thought he was gonna get.&quot;

Crawford said she plans to be present throughout Kirkland's court proceedings and beyond.

&quot;When he goes to the death penalty, when he goes to the death chamber, I'm gonna be there,&quot; she said.

The Fate Of The Pogue Center

A state team of investigators arrived in Cincinnati Thursday to evaluate the Pogue Rehabilitation Center, the halfway house where Kirkland stayed before his release.

News 5 has learned that the fact-finding team is covering every aspect of Kirkland's time at the center, including his conduct and discharge for fighting one week before Esme Kenney was found dead.

Andrea Carson, with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections, said the team is performing a walk-through of the facility, reviewing files and other records and interviewing members of the staff.

&quot;We're willing to step up to the plate and own any mistakes if there were any made on our part. We don't know that there were,&quot; said Carson.

The team is to make recommendations to Gov. Ted Strickland next week on whether to allow the Pogue Center to continue operating.
    http://www.wlwt.com/cnn-news/18965839/detail.html

&quot;News 5 has learned that the fact-finding team is covering every aspect of Kirkland's time at the center, including his conduct and discharge for fighting one week before Esme Kenney was found dead.&quot;

&nbsp; I live in Cincinnati, where this happened.&nbsp; This article makes it sound like he was discharged a week before he killed her.&nbsp; That is incorrect.&nbsp; He was kicked out on Friday night, and killed Esme on Saturday afternoon.&nbsp; When the Pogue center kicked him out (for fighting), they failed to notify his parole officer, the police, or anyone else.&nbsp; Just sent him on his way, without a word to anyone.&nbsp; Their pathetic excuse? &quot;We were waiting to contact (parole officer or authorities) until the following business day.&quot;&nbsp; Which would have been Monday.&nbsp; Too late for Esme.

&nbsp;

the piece of S*** deserves to raped in the ass by the biggest bubba in the prison system then set on fire while he is still alive in my opinnion, why take such young life from this world, when i see things like this, there simply are not enough words to describe the disgust i feel towrds the people who do this, there is no reason for things like this.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ing/913236002/

Serial killer Anthony Kirkland's attorney Rich Wendel told jurors his client was physically, sexually and mentally abused as a child, resulting in post-traumatic stress disorder that left him at times unaware of what he was doing.

And then Wendell asked jurors to recommend a life prison sentence, instead of the death penalty for raping and killing teenagers Casonya Crawford, 14 and Esme Kenney, 13.

Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters countered that argument "was a joke."

"The human carnage he committed is almost unimaginable," Deters said. "If you compare it to mitigating factors, it's not even a close call."

Jurors agreed.

After deliberating for just 2.5 hours, the six-men, six-women jury recommended the death penalty. It's now up to Hamilton County Common Pleas Judge Patrick Dinkelacker to impose a sentence.
    Kirkland murdered Casonya, Mary Jo Newton, 45, Kimya Rolison, 25, and Esme between 2006 and 2009 before being caught the same day he killed Esme in 2009. Kirkland confessed and is serving a life prison term for killing Newton and Rolison.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

A Hamilton County judge Tuesday sentenced serial killer Anthony Kirkland to death for raping, killing and burning the bodies of two teenage girls.

Kirkland's lawyers had argued for life in prison without the possibility of parole.

But Common Pleas Judge Patrick Dinkelacker agreed with a jury that believed Kirkland should be executed, calling his acts "extremely egregious criminal conduct."

"You have complete disregard for human life and no explanation, by your own words, for your actions," the judge said.

Shiit. I though this was going to be a really old update that was missed at the time. I can't believe it took almost a decade to sentence him? That sux so badly for the girl's families.

& presumably this means that they're only just starting the death penalty appeals carousel now. This is really fucked up

Thread Information