View Poll Results: Are Private Profiles For Cowards?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

30 37.04%
  • No

34 41.98%
  • Who Cares

17 20.99%
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Myspace private profiles.......

Myspace private profiles.......

Kind of ruining my myspace experience. I mean if you are under 18 then fine, but so many users now put their profile to private. This kind of defeats the purpose of a "social networking site" right? I mean I found most my friends on here by browsing other people's profiles. Really why join a public networking site and then set your profile to private? Are people really posting sensitive information, or posting comments that they don't want others to read? If so then get the fuck of myspace!!! I like lurking, and now I can't even see some of the deaths on this site. Keep your profile available to all, or cancel your account!!!!

Re: Myspace private profiles.......

[quote author=borat link=topic=473.msg16064#msg16064 date=1154385778]
    Kind of ruining my myspace experience. I mean if you are under 18 then fine, but so many users now put their profile to private. This kind of defeats the purpose of a "social networking site" right? I mean I found most my friends on here by browsing other people's profiles. Really why join a public networking site and then set your profile to private? Are people really posting sensitive information, or posting comments that they don't want others to read? If so then get the fuck of myspace!!! I like lurking, and now I can't even see some of the deaths on this site. Keep your profile available to all, or cancel your account!!!!
    [/quote]

spoken like a true stalker!

Hey what's wrong with stalking????.......lol........

facebook is fantastic for stalking
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4526.msg172502#msg172502 date=1170561506]<br />How can you have any lack of love for SG!?!?<br /><br />I tink shes more kewler then most!<br />[/quote]

Kind of ruining my myspace experience. I mean if you are under 18 then fine, but so many users now put their profile to private. This kind of defeats the purpose of a &quot;social networking site&quot; right? I mean I found most my friends on here by browsing other people's profiles. Really why join a public networking site and then set your profile to private? Are people really posting sensitive information, or posting comments that they don't want others to read? If so then get the fuck of myspace!!! I like lurking, and now I can't even see some of the deaths on this site. Keep your profile available to all, or cancel your account!!!!
    [/quote]

whoa there eager mcbeaver, calm it down a bit!&nbsp;
    The afro smiley is the coolest.&nbsp; :mrgreen:<br /><br /><br /><br />Can someone tell me why Holly&#039;s forehead is so big, yet her brain is so small?

[quote author=Allied Forces Unite link=topic=473.msg16101#msg16101 date=1154387539]
    Kind of ruining my myspace experience. I mean if you are under 18 then fine, but so many users now put their profile to private. This kind of defeats the purpose of a &quot;social networking site&quot; right? I mean I found most my friends on here by browsing other people's profiles. Really why join a public networking site and then set your profile to private? Are people really posting sensitive information, or posting comments that they don't want others to read? If so then get the fuck of myspace!!! I like lurking, and now I can't even see some of the deaths on this site. Keep your profile available to all, or cancel your account!!!!
    [/quote]

whoa there eager mcbeaver, calm it down a bit!Â*
    [/quote]

Yeah I'm calm now, just bored at work, and needed something interesting to write!!!!!!!......LOL

I've never logged into facebook.com.&nbsp; Heard a bunch about it.&nbsp; How does it work?

I believe facebook is just a rubbish version of myspace, plus I think you have to be invited by someone to join. I also think that you have to have a valid alumni e-mail address to join that thing(or a current one) I checked it out once, but it looked pretty weak.

[quote author=borat link=topic=473.msg16128#msg16128 date=1154389151]
    I believe facebook is just a rubbish version of myspace, plus I think you have to be invited by someone to join. I also think that you have to have a valid alumni e-mail address to join that thing(or a current one) I checked it out once, but it looked pretty weak.
    [/quote]

oh my god, facebook is absolutely fantastic... you don't even know. yes, it is college based, so you're outta luck if that excludes you, but if you were my age and everyone you knew was in school, you'd adore it too.

edit: also you don't have to be invited. you just need any sort of school or alumni email addy.
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4526.msg172502#msg172502 date=1170561506]<br />How can you have any lack of love for SG!?!?<br /><br />I tink shes more kewler then most!<br />[/quote]

I hate facebook.&nbsp; I deleted my account about a month after creating one.&nbsp; I did have one good experience with it, though.&nbsp; I was editing a film for class on a school MAC and some dude left his accound logged in.&nbsp; He was super Christian, judging from his &quot;about me&quot; section, so I put all this gay sex stuff on there. It was really great, but he didn't think so.&nbsp; I should have changed his password, that would have been better.&nbsp; But alas, he just wrote that someone hacked his account blablabla.&nbsp; In reality, he was too stupid to click &quot;log out.&quot;

[quote author=HomicidalLlama link=topic=473.msg16161#msg16161 date=1154396560]
    I hate facebook.Â* I deleted my account about a month after creating one.Â* I did have one good experience with it, though.Â* I was editing a film for class on a school MAC and some dude left his accound logged in.Â* He was super Christian, judging from his &quot;about me&quot; section, so I put all this gay sex stuff on there. It was really great, but he didn't think so.Â* I should have changed his password, that would have been better.Â* But alas, he just wrote that someone hacked his account blablabla.Â* In reality, he was too stupid to click &quot;log out.&quot;
    [/quote]

I love your evil genius!!!
    The afro smiley is the coolest.&nbsp; :mrgreen:<br /><br /><br /><br />Can someone tell me why Holly&#039;s forehead is so big, yet her brain is so small?

I had my profile private for awhile, then I saw how annoying it is.
    I&#039;d love to ruin your life.<br />

[quote author=J link=topic=473.msg16117#msg16117 date=1154388544]
    I've never logged into facebook.com.Â* Heard a bunch about it.Â* How does it work?
    [/quote]

It's super stupid. Don't bother with it.

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=473.msg16211#msg16211 date=1154408275]
    [quote author=J link=topic=473.msg16117#msg16117 date=1154388544]
    I've never logged into facebook.com.Â* Heard a bunch about it.Â* How does it work?
    [/quote]

It's super stupid. Don't bother with it.
    [/quote]

this is bullshit! facebook is literally my life. you guys are crackwhores and don't understand the true stalking potential of it. i'm really sorry for you.

i have it and it's like a cheap version of myspace except a lot more boring. i'm sorry.&nbsp; :-(

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=473.msg16252#msg16252 date=1154414532]
    i have it and it's like a cheap version of myspace except a lot more boring. i'm sorry.Â* :-(
    [/quote]

both of them are what you and your friends make it. obviously my facebook friends are a lot more fun than yours.

idk your situation exactly, but if you are in an active college community (NYU for example) facebook is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than myspace bc you can stalk people in your SPECIFIC classes, upload entire photo albums and tag people in the pictures, and invite your friends to parties you are throwing at school, etc.

hhahaha, yeah my friends, no offense justin, do not post much on it or anything. there's nothing to do on it and i cant sign up to my college network yet cause i have no email address given to me yet.&nbsp; :-(

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=473.msg16255#msg16255 date=1154414919]
    hhahaha, yeah my friends, no offense justin, do not post much on it or anything. there's nothing to do on it and i cant sign up to my college network yet cause i have no email address given to me yet.Â* :-(
    [/quote]

yeah just wait, you'll see the light.

who knows.. i hope so. ive been thinking about getting rid of my account.. ill wait until college and see if i feel like sticking around.

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=473.msg16257#msg16257 date=1154415228]
    who knows.. i hope so. ive been thinking about getting rid of my account.. ill wait until college and see if i feel like sticking around.
    [/quote]

college is the only point of having a facebook account. EVERYONE at your school will have one, GUARANTEED.

First off, Ali G is a genius.&nbsp;

Secondly, I don't think I'd ever personally turn my profile private but I suppose for those that only use the site for people they know in &quot;real life&quot; it serves its purpose.&nbsp; It's a bummer when it's a death profile though.

One of my friends has hers private because a girl that hates us both stalks our pages. I don't care that she reads mine but my friend would rather her not see a thing. This girl is literally obsessed with our profiles and what is going on in our lives.&nbsp; :roll:

[quote author=[Pandora] link=topic=473.msg16346#msg16346 date=1154439257]
    One of my friends has hers private because a girl that hates us both stalks our pages. I don't care that she reads mine but my friend would rather her not see a thing. This girl is literally obsessed with our profiles and what is going on in our lives.Â* :roll:
    [/quote]

I think having a stalker would be flattering in a weird way though...I mean...you have to be somewhat cool to have one.&nbsp;

Barb has a privet profile for a reason...stalkers...haha...
    <br />The Angel within

Thread Information