Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter IV

J

Street Fighter IV

I picked up SFIV.  I was hoping to pickup the Mad Catz Street Fighter IV Fight Stick Tournament Edition.... but those fuckers made them limited edition.  If I had known they were making such a limited supply, I would have pre-ordered them a long ass time ago.

Now I'm screwed.  I've heard rumors that they're going to make another batch available in April.  I setup a pre-order for it on buy.com.  But now I have to wait to get my fight stick.  And there's no f'n way I'm gonna pay 500 on ebay.

Anyone else have SFIV?

Re: Street Fighter IV

yup, on PS3!

don't have the fight stick though.

J

damn... i'm on xbox.

I got it for xbox.
    its pretty awesome! but I have reached a point where I CANNOT get past.... damn i forgot his name.. but he looks like he's made of ice and has a ying yang symbol in his stomach.  I always beat him in the first game but he beats my ass hardcore with insane moves in the second and third game. whoa.
    I find that it gets harder and harder to pull of the big moves as the game progresses, its like the controller doesnt want to give it to you anymore.  And i also find that the other person's move take more damage from you than your moves take from them. 
    on the positive:
    I love the graphics.
    I was raised on SF and MK so I love this shit - love seeing the ol' faithfuls and their moves.

J

Seth.  He's a cheating ass bitch.  haha

What's your xbox id?  mine is joelnet.  add me.

[quote author=J link=topic=18759.msg1198186#msg1198186 date=1235612543]
    Seth.  He's a cheating ass bitch.  haha

What's your xbox id?  mine is joelnet.  add me.
    [/quote]
    tru! Im always excited to make new xbox friends!!

i flunked grade 11 english class because of this damn game.  :|

I have it, but I've yet to actually fight online.  I never see Zo online either.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=18759.msg1198826#msg1198826 date=1235686085]
    I have it, but I've yet to actually fight online.  I never see Zo online either.
    [/quote]

i've been kicking ass with Guile online but a good ken or ryu player will always trump guile. And since I can only pull off uppercuts 85% of the time with the controller i'm a little hesitant to start using those two until I get better.

what kills me are these little fuckers who use pure cheese. I played a guy who was using Ken and he threw me 8 times. And then these little pricks on the forums say "oh well, you should be able to get out of it". These little shits don't remember that when you used to play this in the arcade you would get your ass beat in the parking lot by 12 asians if you used those cheap moves. Now all these glitchers hide in their moms basements and pull this shit without fear of getting beat down. I remember so many brawls breaking out over this game when i was in high school.  :lol:

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=18759.msg1198831#msg1198831 date=1235686508]
    i've been kicking ass with Guile online but a good ken or ryu player will always trump guile. And since I can only pull off uppercuts 85% of the time with the controller i'm a little hesitant to start using those two until I get better.

what kills me are these little fuckers who use pure cheese. I played a guy who was using Ken and he threw me 8 times. And then these little pricks on the forums say "oh well, you should be able to get out of it". These little shits don't remember that when you used to play this in the arcade you would get your ass beat in the parking lot by 12 asians if you used those cheap moves. Now all these glitchers hide in their moms basements and pull this shit without fear of getting beat down. I remember so many brawls breaking out over this game when i was in high school.  :lol:
    [/quote]It sure does remind you of classic Street Fighter with how angry and frustrated it can make you.  I'm pretty good with Cammy, Fei Long, and El Fuerte because I like a little speed to my characters.  I hate the repetitive grabbing shit though.  That's why I hate Seth. 

Teleport. Grab. Teleport. Grab.

Try playing 1 round on easiest.  Seth will make you think you suck at life.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=18759.msg1198835#msg1198835 date=1235686730]
    It sure does remind you of classic Street Fighter with how angry and frustrated it can make you.  I'm pretty good with Cammy, Fei Long, and El Fuerte because I like a little speed to my characters.  I hate the repetitive grabbing shit though.  That's why I hate Seth. 

Teleport. Grab. Teleport. Grab.

Try playing 1 round on easiest.  Seth will make you think you suck at life.
    [/quote]

dude, i did !  :lol: took me around 20 times with ryu to beat him until i realized the trick. You have to block and counter. Leg sweeps work really well when he comes in close.
    Don't jump into him, he'll just uppercut you, and when he starts turning dark blue and sucking you in start jabbing really fast to stop his cheap combo.

Once I figured it out I beat him with lower tier guys, Honda, Dhalism, etc, with one man.

Also, it helps to set the rounds to one, so you don't have to beat him best out of three to unlock characters.

my second online game and some prick sent me a message that said i sucked.  :lol:
    probably some 18 year old asshole who has no idea how many years i've actually played this game.

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=18759.msg1198845#msg1198845 date=1235687415]
    dude, i did !  :lol: took me around 20 times with ryu to beat him until i realized the trick. You have to block and counter. Leg sweeps work really well when he comes in close.
    Don't jump into him, he'll just uppercut you, and when he starts turning dark blue and sucking you in start jabbing really fast to stop his cheap combo.

Once I figured it out I beat him with lower tier guys, Honda, Dhalism, etc, with one man.

Also, it helps to set the rounds to one, so you don't have to beat him best out of three to unlock characters.

[/quote]That's probably my biggest mistake.  I'm not patient enough to walk or run to him and usually jump at him.

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=18759.msg1198831#msg1198831 date=1235686508]

[/quote]

Yeah. You'd catch a beat down.

You'd let them know once that it's not cool to jab kick and while I'm blocking come up and throw me. If they continued then eventually I would just take all of their quarters.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=18759.msg1198848#msg1198848 date=1235687546]
    That's probably my biggest mistake.  I'm not patient enough to walk or run to him and usually jump at him.
    [/quote]

no, bro, don't go towards him. Let him attack, block high, block low, and then counter with a fierce punch or a leg sweep. The AI is too cheap to allow you to be aggressive.

I had a filipino teach me all the tricks to this game years ago. We would cut school, jump on the subway and play hardcore players downtown Toronto.
    Most important thing in SF is learning to block and being patient waiting for an opening.

The only time I get aggressive is when a guy is using Sagat for example and he just sits there throwing fireballs and uppercutting you when you attack. If you time it right you can knock him down, stay in close,  and pull off combos + helicopter kicks so he doesn't have the space advantage to throw fireballs.

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=18759.msg1198850#msg1198850 date=1235687815]

Yeah. You'd catch a beat down.

You'd let them know once that it's not cool to jab kick and while I'm blocking come up and throw me. If they continued then eventually I would just take all of their quarters.
    [/quote]

so true man, it used to get pretty intense.

Sometimes I like to be cheap and use Dalsihm.  I'll keep them at a distance.  Success!

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=18759.msg1198858#msg1198858 date=1235688189]
    Sometimes I like to be cheap and use Dalsihm.  I'll keep them at a distance.  Success!
    [/quote]

i admit, i like the way they have the battle point system set up where you lose or gain pts.

Not like COD where you just keep gaining and whoever plays the most get's the most points.

apparently all my filipino hands on training makes no difference, i got tooled online last night. 1-19.  :|

I'm finding it hard to low block on the 2nd player side, I can't pull off high kick, low kick, fireball combos, and i'm missing 5 or 6 uppercuts a fight. It's not that I'm pulling off the wrong moves, it's that with the controller it's harder to do them properly.
    with a joystick you're using your index finger and steadying it with your thumb but with these controllers you're just using your thumb. It's harder to roll your thumb into a small circle motion and I'm missing easy uppercuts.

my timing is also off. when i knock someone down I'm jumping into them and starting my combos too early. They haven't even gotten up yet by the time on my low kick. 

and these ultra combos are ridiculous. They take off waaaay too much health. Capcom shouldn't have included them.

I'm back to playing Left 4 Dead.  Don't get me wrong though I enjoy Street Fighter and it really is a great game, but I think if I go online it might put the nail in the coffin for me.  I'm just don't think I'm cut out for the game.  I can pull off moves when I want to, but I button mash a lot too.  I'll keep the game for two reasons.  Trading it in is not worth it and it's a fun game to play against friends that are more similar in playing abilities.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=18759.msg1200482#msg1200482 date=1235830075]
    I'm back to playing Left 4 Dead.  Don't get me wrong though I enjoy Street Fighter and it really is a great game, but I think if I go online it might put the nail in the coffin for me.  I'm just don't think I'm cut out for the game.  I can pull off moves when I want to, but I button mash a lot too.  I'll keep the game for two reasons.  Trading it in is not worth it and it's a fun game to play against friends that are more similar in playing abilities.
    [/quote]

yeah, i would never sell this game, it's a classic and i'll get better.

i think i'm going to sell my copy of mk vs dc so i can go grab killzone 2 this weekend.

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=18759.msg1200485#msg1200485 date=1235830356]
    yeah, i would never sell this game, it's a classic and i'll get better.

i think i'm going to sell my copy of mk vs dc so i can go grab killzone 2 this weekend.
    [/quote]Nice!  I might skip on both, but the only games on my radar are Resident Evil 5 and Madworld.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=18759.msg1200490#msg1200490 date=1235830800]
    Nice!  I might skip on both, but the only games on my radar are Resident Evil 5 and Madworld.
    [/quote]

i downloaded the Resident Evil demo, fucking amazing graphics, great story, but the controls are fucked. No run and gunning, using your knife is too cumbersome, way too confusing for someone like me who is used to COD.

it sucks cause i was pleasantly surprised until I started playing it.

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=18759.msg1200492#msg1200492 date=1235831010]

i downloaded the Resident Evil demo, fucking amazing graphics, great story, but the controls are fucked. No run and gunning, using your knife is too cumbersome, way too confusing for someone like me who is used to COD.

it sucks cause i was pleasantly surprised until I started playing it.
    [/quote]I'm used to the controls because of Resident Evil 4, but it would be nice if they had added that(run and gun) in.

Thread Information