Thread: Eileen Jensen (24) was charged with vehicular homicide after her daughter was c

Eileen Jensen (24) was charged with vehicular homicide after her daughter was c

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2009/02/18/Eileen_Jensen_(24)_was_charged_with_vehicular_homi cide_after_her_daughter_was_critically_injured_whe n_a_car_seat_was_improperly_installed

Here's one start everyone thinking about front air bags and child safety in vehicles. 

Re: Eileen Jensen (24) was charged with vehicular homicide after her daughter was c

I once read of a low speed accident in a parking lot where an airbag blew a kids head off and out of the window into the lot.  That was enough info for me.

Re: Eileen Jensen (24) was charged with vehicular homicide after her daughter was c

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=18688.msg1190761#msg1190761 date=1235078491]
    I once read of a low speed accident in a parking lot where an airbag blew a kids head off and out of the window into the lot.   That was enough info for me.
    [/quote]

Wow, how old was that kid?

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=18688.msg1190765#msg1190765 date=1235078581]
    Wow, how old was that kid?
    [/quote]

Sorry, researching.  I hate posting without facts but it was an ancient case.

http://www.shortsupport.org/News/0078.html

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

This is fuckin disgusting. They're really going through with this?
    I hope this bitch is smart enough to go to trial. No jury is going to convict her. Not when mothers are actually killing their babies.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

1) How do you get into an accident at 7mph?
    2) I saw a girl wedge her kid's car seat in between the passenger seat, some junk in the car and the backseat...
    3) Does a car seat not fit in the back of a 2001 Honda Accord? I don't care if you're only driving a few blocks..
    i want to scream &#39;i love you&#39; from the top of my lungs<br />but i&#39;m afraid that someone else will hear me

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=18688.msg1190781#msg1190781 date=1235079318]
    This is fuckin disgusting. They're really going through with this?
    I hope this bitch is smart enough to go to trial. No jury is going to convict her. Not when mothers are actually killing their babies.
    [/quote]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's not like she did it on purpose...the child at least WAS in a child seat....probably a bad idea to have the baby in the front seat.

&quot;On March 22, 2006, Jensen was driving her 2001 Honda Accord on North Freya Street with her three daughters. According to court records, Jensen caused a three-car crash when she smashed into the back of a stopped minivan. Chloe was in the front seat while Jensen's other daughters were in the back, also improperly secured, police said. &quot;

So some child was going to get hurt, this is just sad. She lost her baby, what could be worse?

I saw my mother drive off with my little girl in her carseat in the front seat before.&nbsp; :| I had already saw her do it once before and bit her head off about how dangerous it is. So I got in my car, caught up with them and blared my horn until she pulled over. Then I put the carseat in the backseat properly and went back home.&nbsp; :lol:

It's incredibly stupid to put a carseat in the front seat, but I don't know that she should be prosecuted either.
    ask me questions damnit<br />http://www.formspring.me/bama

Sad. &nbsp;Prosecuting her serves no purpose. &nbsp;It's not like she hasn't been punished. And it's not like letting her off is going to encourage other parents to do the same thing.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=18688.msg1190817#msg1190817 date=1235081540]
    Sad. &nbsp;Prosecuting her serves no purpose. &nbsp;It's not like she hasn't been punished. And it's not like letting her off is going to encourage other parents to do the same thing.
    [/quote]

Exactly. I feel like the older I get, the more I find myself siding with the 'defense.' :|
    These over-zealous prosecutors are getting out of hand, and there's no one stopping them.
    They're supposed to keep us safe, but I don't feel like we're in any immediate danger from about half of the people they lock up.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

ok, if a car has a airbag, doesn't it also have the option to turn that airbag off too? &nbsp;Or did that come sometime after 2001? &nbsp;I know that in my car, if the weight in the passenger seat is under 90lbs I do believe, the airbag is set of the off position, but once a heavier person gets into it, it turns on.... &nbsp;sad sad story... &nbsp;yes, she is a idiot... but to go to jail because of her actions? &nbsp;I don't know that I agree with that either.

[quote author=sarahsue link=topic=18688.msg1190824#msg1190824 date=1235081845]
    ok, if a car has a airbag, doesn't it also have the option to turn that airbag off too? &nbsp;Or did that come sometime after 2001? &nbsp;I know that in my car, if the weight in the passenger seat is under 90lbs I do believe, the airbag is set of the off position, but once a heavier person gets into it, it turns on.... &nbsp;sad sad story... &nbsp;yes, she is a idiot... but to go to jail because of her actions? &nbsp;I don't know that I agree with that either.
    [/quote]That's a newer or optional feature.&nbsp; My 2001 cruiser has no option to turn off the airbag.

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=18688.msg1190827#msg1190827 date=1235082050]
    That's a newer or optional feature.&nbsp; My 2001 cruiser has no option to turn off the airbag.

[/quote]

My 98 F150 does...

I am guilty of putting my son in his car seat in the front seat of my car. I dont know about anywhere else but its not illegal here.

I did have my passenger airbag unplugged professionally though because my dad had heart surgery recently and he cant be in the car with an airbag.&nbsp;

[quote author=Laurie_khikhi link=topic=18688.msg1190874#msg1190874 date=1235083945]
    I am guilty of putting my son in his car seat in the front seat of my car. I dont know about anywhere else but its not illegal here.

I did have my passenger airbag unplugged professionally though because my dad had heart surgery recently and he cant be in the car with an airbag.&nbsp;
    [/quote]
    I would keep your baby in the back seat regardless. it's safer.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=18688.msg1190897#msg1190897 date=1235084476]
    I would keep your baby in the back seat regardless. it's safer.
    [/quote]

You are right about that. I barely do it but like I said I have.

It'd be nice to see parents focusing more on preventative measures like driving safely, rather than focusing on how to best safeguard their child during a collission. But that's probably backwards logic.

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=18688.msg1190904#msg1190904 date=1235084711]
    It'd be nice to see parents focusing more on preventative measures like driving safely, rather than focusing on how to best safeguard their child during a collission. But that's probably backwards logic.
    [/quote]

Well actually we have to do both because not all collisions are caused by the parents.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=18688.msg1190832#msg1190832 date=1235082228]
    My 98 F150 does...
    [/quote]

It was an option on trucks prior to being an option on most passenger cars because: let's face it. &nbsp;Sometimes you have to put a car seat in your truck (if that's your daily vehicle) and you CAN'T have the airbag deploying with your child in the seat. &nbsp;Airbags deploy at close to 200 mph. Enough force to do significant damage to adults, to say nothing of infants who's skulls haven't even fused yet.

Eileen's an idiot. &nbsp;She damn sure should have known better. &nbsp;But I agree, jail time isn't what's needed here...maybe a good swift kick in the ass and a &quot;WTF were you thinking you fucking idiot?&quot;

And necro...I agree, but not everyone gives a shit about driving safely. &nbsp;Putting your small child in the back is the best way to safeguard them during a collision
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I still have Millie rear facing in the back seat. I won't even face her forward until it's impossible to keep her rear facing.&nbsp;
    Car seat safety is no fucking joke.&nbsp; Just watch one test dummy crash video and it will stick with you forever.&nbsp;

That said, this lady shouldn't be prosecuted. She's been punished enough.&nbsp;

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=18688.msg1190920#msg1190920 date=1235085313]
    I still have Millie rear facing in the back seat. I won't even face her forward until it's impossible to keep her rear facing.&nbsp;
    Car seat safety is no fucking joke.&nbsp; Just watch one test dummy crash video and it will stick with you forever.&nbsp;

That said, this lady shouldn't be prosecuted. She's been punished enough.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Yeah Jackson has outgrown his rear facing seat but he'll stay in the back.

[quote author=kevansvault link=topic=18688.msg1190918#msg1190918 date=1235085218]
    It was an option on trucks prior to being an option on most passenger cars because: let's face it. &nbsp;Sometimes you have to put a car seat in your truck (if that's your daily vehicle) and you CAN'T have the airbag deploying with your child in the seat. &nbsp;Airbags deploy at close to 200 mph. Enough force to do significant damage to adults, to say nothing of infants who's skulls haven't even fused yet.

[/quote]

Makes sense, even though it's a super cab. I don't even take jack in the F150...I think I've done it once. My back seat just sits on a huge sub woofer so I don't feel like the back seat is safe and it never occurred to me to put him in the front.

pretty hate machine butterflykim's Avatar

this story is really sad, but damn - all 3 kids were improperly restrained?!?!? i don't think she deserves any jail time but the safety of your children should be on your mind at all times. :-(

when i bought my carseat for my daughter, i had it installed by cops at my local police dept. (yes, paranoid much - first time mom...wanted to make sure i did everything right.)&nbsp;

rip precious baby. i hope eileen will be ok.
    One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Re: Eileen Jensen (24) was charged with vehicular homicide after her daughter w

I'm an EMT, also trained in child safety restraints.
    Beyond the stickers on car seats warning to never put rear facing in the front, to have a baby loosely restrained in a car seat is the equivalent of no car seat. I dont' care if it's 1 foot or 500 miles, mine were always strapped securely in, the seat securely &amp; properly in the middle of the back seat. Actually, my 10 year old daughter still has to ride in the middle back. It is the safest place in any accident, less likely to take the full tramautic force.

Seriously, it is not hard to learn how to properly install &amp; use a car seat. There are always free demonstrations, police, ems, fire, health dept....ask someone &amp; don't be lazy about it.

[quote author=xShanex link=topic=18688.msg1190811#msg1190811 date=1235080985]
    1) How do you get into an accident at 7mph?
    [/quote]

My only car accident happened at a speed less than that!&nbsp; I was at a stop sign....I thought it was a 4-way stop.&nbsp; As I started to go (about 2 mph), I soon found out that it was not a 4-way stop &amp; was hit by another car......ended up with both cars totalled, but luckily no one injured.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

the article said her otheer two kids were in the back seat, improperly secured...were they in car seats that weren't installed correctly, or just buckled into seatbelts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Thread Information