Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimberly Hegwood (35) stabbed an elderly woman to death for no reason

Re: Kimberly Hegwood (35) stabbed an elderly woman to death for no reason

[quote author=dzovi link=topic=18682.msg1193842#msg1193842 date=1235362225]
    I also would think that someone that who has a history of mental illness needs to have regular scheduled test or Q&A sessions to monitor their condition.  In this case I would think that it would be both her and her husband's responsibility to get those checkups or respond to irregularities in her behavior. 

[/quote]

Yeah. No.  :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=dzovi link=topic=18682.msg1193842#msg1193842 date=1235362225]
    I also would think that someone that who has a history of mental illness needs to have regular scheduled test or Q&A sessions to monitor their condition.  In this case I would think that it would be both her and her husband's responsibility to get those checkups or respond to irregularities in her behavior. 

[/quote]
    there are a lot of misconceptions about mental illness, and one of the most prevalent is that mental health professionals will be able to adequately and accurately assess and monitor every severely mentaly ill person in every circumstance.
    It just is not feasable. In therapy, you know what people tell you - you can work on their perspective, and guess how accurate they are, but there are no guarantees. Quite a few serial killers were in therapy and fooled their therapists.
    Also
    [quote author=Angelus Mortis link=topic=18682.msg1192394#msg1192394 date=1235222293]

Crazy is used too loosely nowdays. To me "crazy" means someone who has no realazation of whats going on or what they are doing. Too bad "crazy" by law can mean someone suffering from depression or just about anything.

After reading her blog she seems aware of herself & her surroundings. I think she is "crazy", but in the Ted Bundy kinda way. What she did was crazy....but not her mind. Her lawyers are probably just trying to work the "crazy angle. The way I look at it. Crazy or not, if a person is dangerous, they need to be off the streets & locked down somewhere. They are probably going to try & get her into some VA mental ward.....sick bitch.
    [/quote]
    A psychopath, like what you are describing, is going to have a long standing pattern of this behavior. Even if no one knows it exists. Someone with bipolar disorder can have a psychotic break, where they lose touch with reality. That is a possibility with just about every form of mental illness ...including garden variety depression.( ALthough it is admittedly more rare)
    This person does not sound like a psychopath, this sound like someone with very real organic illness who was responding to a psychotic or delusional process by lashing out violently.That happens, sadly. And there is no way to guarantee that it wont happen again, especially under the system of deinstitutionalization we have in the US
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

So sexy when you're smart.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=cookiemonter link=topic=18682.msg1193851#msg1193851 date=1235363039]
    there are a lot of misconceptions about mental illness, and one of the most prevalent is that mental health professionals will be able to adequately and accurately assess and monitor every severely mentaly ill person in every circumstance.
    It just is not feasable. In therapy, you know what people tell you - you can work on their perspective, and guess how accurate they are, but there are no guarantees. Quite a few serial killers were in therapy and fooled their therapists.
    AlsoA psychopath, like what you are describing, is going to have a long standing pattern of this behavior. Even if no one knows it exists. Someone with bipolar disorder can have a psychotic break, where they lose touch with reality. That is a possibility with just about every form of mental illness ...including garden variety depression.( ALthough it is admittedly more rare)
    This person does not sound like a psychopath, this sound like someone with very real organic illness who was responding to a psychotic or delusional process by lashing out violently.That happens, sadly. And there is no way to guarantee that it wont happen again, especially under the system of deinstitutionalization we have in the US
    [/quote]

Yeah, that's what I meant to say.  :lol:

Seriously, if I had to report in for questioning routinely I'd always be locked up because I'd be so pissed they would be sure I was a danger to myself or others.

So she met the victim at walmart and then got directions back to her home and then killed her? Was she looking for a victim of opportunity to murder? Maybe she snapped, was hearing voices or whatever, and just felt like she had to kill somebody. Sometimes people just snap and become murderous.

[quote author=SinDee link=topic=18682.msg1190638#msg1190638 date=1235071989]
    you know, doing my psych rotation I was surprised as to how many "normal" people had mental health problems. I'm talking people with PhD's and pharmacists and school teachers. Very normal looking people with normal jobs or advanced degrees.

It's scary, makes me look twice at people.
    [/quote]

Sindee, I can't tell you how mentally ill folks are in my graduate program.  Faculty hate each other.  They talk behind one another's backs and try and get each other in trouble.  My department has been in and out of receivership because they are incapable of taking care of business.  There are about 40 graduate students.  I can't tell you how many are on psych meds, or how many others have addictions or eating disorders.

Advanced education doesn't make people any more well.  In fact, my department is defunding several graduate students on March 1st, and I've been telling my friends to steer clear of the building in the days that follow.  Somebody is gonna get it fucked up for real.  Of course, I'll post the information as it unfolds.

[quote author=cookiemonter link=topic=18682.msg1193851#msg1193851 date=1235363039]
    AlsoA psychopath, like what you are describing, is going to have a long standing pattern of this behavior. Even if no one knows it exists. Someone with bipolar disorder can have a psychotic break, where they lose touch with reality. That is a possibility with just about every form of mental illness ...including garden variety depression.( ALthough it is admittedly more rare)
    [/quote]

I guess that is the reasoning why you really can't prevent this sort of action.  I don't have any experience with anyone in my family or friends (that I know of) that have any clinical diagnosis for mental illness.  Thanks for the input. 

I did have one friend that was in therapy as a kid because of his behavior (long story).  He stated that he wanted to get out of therapy so when his therapist asked him to draw a picture of a tree he drew one with new leaves.  He said he did it to signify new growth and life, which was just him doing what he felt she wanted to see.  He was out of the therapy soon after and still is pretty weird.   :lol:

Hey Ron, good thing she didn't have a gun or this old lady might have died huh?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=18682.msg1194406#msg1194406 date=1235420024]
    Hey Ron, good thing she didn't have a gun or this old lady might have died huh?
    [/quote]

I have a problem with guns, but I don't think it's the only way to kill a person.

This woman had issues, and she clearly needed help. That's another topic of discussion though, and I'm sure we disagree on that one too. Why should people get the medical care they need, right? That's for Commies.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

From looking at her myspace, it seems as if she IS in fact NORMAL. But of course given the fact she was in the Air Force they are going to plead the insanity case, and she is going to get off! blah bunch of BS! The bitch knew she would get the sanity case thats why she probably did it!

[quote author=thetruthbehindtheseeyes link=topic=18682.msg1194892#msg1194892 date=1235437125]
    The bitch knew she would get the sanity case thats why she probably did it!
    [/quote]

I don't think she was thinking that far ahead.  Truly. 
    If I could get another chance<br />Another walk, another dance with him<br />I&#39;d play a song that would never, ever end<br />How I&#39;d love, love, love to dance with my father again

[quote author=sweet elixir link=topic=18682.msg1194928#msg1194928 date=1235437988]
    I don't think she was thinking that far ahead.&nbsp; Truly.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

exactly.

Hmmm this story is very odd, i wonder what made her do it?&nbsp;
    If perhaps she did have a psychotic break, just snapped or was prone to delusions and acting out as such?

You know i realize that none of you have a life.... Kim was a really good friend and a loving mother! also do not talk about someone that you dont know, just because of something that they did. Kim did have mental problems and was trying to seek help and was sent away from the hospital! She was always helping someone, and that day she had done some really bad things Yes what she did was wrong but those of you that dont know here dont talk about something that you have no idea what went on, you only read what was in the paper. you were not there to see your best friend leave in an ambulance then a few hours later the cops be at her house taking her car away and then see he mother, and boyfriend cry. So get a life and stop worrying about other peoples. If you must talk about her pray for her and her family and friends and also pray for the victims family and friends. One thing people must learn is to worrie about them selfs and not everyone else and stop judgeing cause only GOD can do that.

[quote author=Shadychick007 link=topic=18682.msg1201181#msg1201181 date=1235938770]
    You know i realize that none of you have a life.... Kim was a really good friend and a loving mother! also do not talk about someone that you dont know, just because of something that they did. Kim did have mental problems and was trying to seek help and was sent away from the hospital! She was always helping someone, and that day she had done some really bad things Yes what she did was wrong but those of you that dont know here dont talk about something that you have no idea what went on, you only read what was in the paper. you were not there to see your best friend leave in an ambulance then a few hours later the cops be at her house taking her car away and then see he mother, and boyfriend cry. So get a life and stop worrying about other peoples. If you must talk about her pray for her and her family and friends and also pray for the victims family and friends. One thing people must learn is to worrie about them selfs and not everyone else and stop judgeing cause only GOD can do that.
    [/quote]

Unfortunately your god didn't do such a good job of protecting her elderly victim.

People talk about people they don't know all the time, and I'm sure you do, as well. It's news and it's horrible and people discuss such things.

I also wasn't there to see the reaction of the family of the victim after this, however, I am sure it was much more heart wrenching than anything you mentioned.

Clearly she had very serious mental issues and I am a big supporter of better care for the mentally ill as I suffer from severe depression myself, but your coming here and insulting us changes nothing about this horrific story.

[quote author=Shadychick007 link=topic=18682.msg1201181#msg1201181 date=1235938770]
    Kim did have mental problems and was trying to seek help and was sent away from the hospital! [/quote]

Trust me, she still has her mental problems.&nbsp; It's no excuse to murder an innocent elderly woman in cold blood.&nbsp; Kim may have been a great person prior to this happening, but that doesn't change who she is now.&nbsp; I hope she can come to terms with what she did &amp; take responsibility, just like I hope the victim's family is able to heal from such a tragic event.&nbsp; It's unfortunate for both parties &amp; their families involved.

Well as i sit here and read what all of you people write about my friend, it sadens me to think that your lifes have come to this sitting on the internet talking shit about a topic you know nothing about. Yes kim did have mental problems starting from childhood, yes she took medication to help her. And to the one that askes why she didnt have her son well thats none of your buisness. it was not because she was a bad mother but because her son wanted to be with his father as any boy would want to be at this time in his life. And she is sorry for what she did, there is not a day that goes by that she is not. also she must have some&nbsp; good still in here or why would she have told on herself ????? ask your self that!!!!!! You sit here and judge her but you have no idea what she is doing sitting here in are county jail. well let me tell you all kim has been doing is reading her bible and asking god for him to forgive her!!! She was my best friend and i knew alot about her and we talked daily........and you know you sit here and judge her but everyone of you people have problems in your life to!!!!!!!

Oh good grief. We're discussing news topics. If you think we're the only people who are talking about your friend try checking around in her own town. I'm sure it's a hot topic.

I'm sorry this happened and that it's upsetting you so much, but nothing we say makes a difference. She did what she did and will be punished as the court decides. While I'm sure she had mental issues and needed help my sympathies really lie with the victim in this case.

I'm not wearing any pants

Can anyone tell me what normal actually is?

And i'm sorry, but i have no pity for a dumb&nbsp; bitch that kills a woman that lives to be 78 years young for no reason at all. May she burn in hell.&nbsp; RIP Alma.

Well first off she is not a BITCH nor will she ever be. As you people are so not educated there are things that went on in the house with those two that you dont know, and you are sitting here running your mouth cause you think you are so cool talking about someone who cant even read it, but its cool you think you are so important calling someone a bitch. Well it sound to me like you have no life!!! Also those of you who are watching her login, her boyfriend and family log in daily to see what people have wrote.

[quote author=Beantown Bitch link=topic=18682.msg1201298#msg1201298 date=1235949500]
    Can anyone tell me what normal actually is?

And i'm sorry, but i have no pity for a dumb&nbsp; bitch that kills a woman that lives to be 78 years young for no reason at all. May she burn in hell.&nbsp; RIP Alma.
    [/quote]

Not randomly killing people would be a start. Otherwise, I'm not that familiar with normal.

[quote author=Shadychick007 link=topic=18682.msg1201302#msg1201302 date=1235949794]
    Well first off she is not a BITCH nor will she ever be. As you people are so not educated there are things that went on in the house with those two that you dont know, and you are sitting here running your mouth cause you think you are so cool talking about someone who cant even read it, but its cool you think you are so important calling someone a bitch. Well it sound to me like you have no life!!! Also those of you who are watching her login, her boyfriend and family log in daily to see what people have wrote.
    [/quote]

What could have POSSIBLY transpired that would cause Kim to kill an innocent elderly woman?&nbsp; She put a glass on the coffee table without using a lace doily and the woman scolded her?&nbsp;
    Team Leyash

I'm not wearing any pants

Hahaa, neither am I.

And shady, are you for real? &nbsp; Because &quot;other things&quot; &nbsp;went on am I supposed to feel any pity for her? Nahhhh. don't think so.
    You're friend is a murdering C**t. there, better?

See you have no idea what you were talking about, if you had any idea you would know what happend in that ladys house!! You just read parts of storys and run with it. Really you have no idea do you? Do you know anyone in this problem???.....NO you don't. And as you might not know the old lady lived just down the street from us. So see you live some where else not here in Midwest City OKLAHOMA!!!! So worry about what happens were you live and not here!

[quote author=Shadychick007 link=topic=18682.msg1201302#msg1201302 date=1235949794]
    [/quote]

And you are scolding strangers on the internet over stuff they are saying which means NOTHING to your friend or her case, will make no difference in her life whatsoever. Clearly, you have an awesome life yourself.&nbsp; :roll:

You're a good friend to defend her like you do. My opinion is it makes you look like an idiot to say things like 'things that went on' could possibly make it okay that your friend did this, but it's sweet of you to defend her.

Ohh your so cool not you can call people cunts wow good for you. I really wish i could meet some of you people face to face....and we could talk this alllllll over. But instead you are the cunt on the computer talking shit!!! Cause you are not big enought to shut the fuck up and grow up bitch

Thread Information