Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82
Results 2,026 to 2,044 of 2044

Thread: Home Decorating, renovation and DIY

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    How long did it take, start to finish (excluding the missing windowsill, lol)?
    Well the cabinets took the longest, 5 days. The countertop took 1 day, the backsplash 1 day, the grout 1 day, and the last day was the hookups.

So it turned into almost 3 weeks. After the week of the cabinets, Monday was a holiday and they didn't come back to work until Thursday. Worked Friday, the following Monday and then Tuesday to finish. Then got my window sill yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

It looks great Nic!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    It looks great Nic!
    Thank you! Just bought some cute decor on Amazon for the window sill. I will never take a window sill for granted again

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Thank you! Just bought some cute decor on Amazon for the window sill. I will never take a window sill for granted again
    I cant believe they left it like that and said "we're done"

I cant believe they left it like that and said "we're done"
    I know. They had different guys do different things. It's almost like the last guy was just like "well I did my job" and didn't say anything. Weird.

Oh and when he was done doing the window sill, he left a complete mess. Took me 15 mins to clean up all the shit he spilled (like pieces of wood, etc).

Don't know where else to post this, so.....

I finally got my library back today. This room has been piled full of boxes and furniture from other areas of the house that are being remodeled. I haven't had access to my precious books for two years. Today we cleared the last of the "intruders" out of the library and I took this photo to show my mother it was finally finished.

BUT..... Am I hallucinating or does anyone else see those creepy faces in the wooden tabletop?! Three tortured faces and an angry cat. You can't see them in person, only in the photos.

Do I need to get rid of this table?!

Last edited by KimTisha; 08-07-2023 at 05:45 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Don't know where else to post this, so.....

I finally got my library back today. This room has been piled full of boxes and furniture from other areas of the house that are being remodeled. I haven't had access to my precious books for two years. Today we cleared the last of the "intruders" out of the library and I took this photo to show my mother it was finally finished.

BUT..... Am I hallucinating or does anyone else see those creepy faces in the wooden tabletop?! Three tortured faces and an angry cat. You can't see them in person, only in the photos.

Do I need to get rid of this table?!

I don't see a pic..?

Today I am flushing a water heater for the first time.

Today I am flushing a water heater for the first time.
    How do you do that?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

How do you do that?
    You turn off the water heater (either at the breaker or on the unit), turn off the water supply to it, turn on a hot water faucet in the house to create suction, hook a hose up to it and drain it. Then once it is drained you turned the water supply back on and flush it. Once it is finished you refill it and turn it back on. You are supposed to be doing it every 1-3 years, depending on how hard your water is.

You turn off the water heater (either at the breaker or on the unit), turn off the water supply to it, turn on a hot water faucet in the house to create suction, hook a hose up to it and drain it. Then once it is drained you turned the water supply back on and flush it. Once it is finished you refill it and turn it back on. You are supposed to be doing it every 1-3 years, depending on how hard your water is.
    How did I not know about this. I highly doubt my mom did this.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Did anyone decorate for Halloween? I usually don't but I did this year, with the baby I thought it would be fun since I haven't done it in years. Side note: stupid me should've realized a 14 months old just wants to grab everything lol.

I thought it would be fun to post pics of our decorations! I will take some pics today after work. Everyone else, start sharing!

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Did anyone decorate for Halloween? I usually don't but I did this year, with the baby I thought it would be fun since I haven't done it in years. Side note: stupid me should've realized a 14 months old just wants to grab everything lol.

I thought it would be fun to post pics of our decorations! I will take some pics today after work. Everyone else, start sharing!
    We have one pumpkin that is lit, but that is all this year. We're at the rental home, so we don't want to busy more stuff because we know we won't be here forever. Christmas will be a totally different story, as we will put a lot out.

I don't decorate for Halloween (or anything, bah Humbug) but I would love to see everyone's decorations!

Ang, Your water is extremely hard according to the Internet. You should definitely flush your hot water heater to prolong its life.

I just got a few things:

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I just got a few things:

]
    I love this, Nic! I bet the baby will enjoy looking...and grabbing...at it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I love this, Nic! I bet the baby will enjoy looking...and grabbing...at it all.
    Oh he definitely has been! I have had to move a few things haha.

That's super cute, Nic!

That's super cute, Nic!
    Thanks!

Thread Information