Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2044

Thread: Home Decorating, renovation and DIY

KT, I can't remember if you were here or MIA, but I got my new couch (finally).

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I'm bumping this so that KT can tell us about her mirror removal.
    OMG, I couldn't believe it - $280 to get rid of it, they took it off in one piece, and (I timed them) it took them less than 5 minutes to get it off the wall and out the door! Most of that time was laying down the tarps in case the mirror broke. I called so many people to remove it and no one wanted to touch it. Finally a company who installs mirrors agreed to remove it - and even THEY didn't want the job. She was like, "No, no.... we don't do that. And even if we did, it would be like, $280 and that's just to take it off the wall and out of the house." I jumped on it.

Feckin' mirror.....
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    KT, I can't remember if you were here or MIA, but I got my new couch (finally).
    I was here when you ordered it, but I wasn't here when it was delivered. Do you love it? Is there a photo in this thread? Off to see what home improvements you guys have been up to.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I was here when you ordered it, but I wasn't here when it was delivered. Do you love it? Is there a photo in this thread? Off to see what home improvements you guys have been up to.
    Yes! I have pics on the previous page, I will quote so you can see it. I also re-did my bedroom!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

This is the only pic I could find of my couch/coffee table I had before:

This is my living room now, with new couch, rug, tables and decor:

KT: This is a before and after of my living room.

KT: This is a before and after of my living room.
    The bedroom too? Wow, you've been quite busy around the house! I don't know how you do it with your job/husband/family, but it looks great, Nic!

ETA: RBW's home renovation skills continue to boggle my mind. Fantastic job on the house! Love the proposed pool area.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 11-11-2021 at 05:15 AM.

The bedroom too? Wow, you've been quite busy around the house! I don't know how you do it with your job/husband/family, but it looks great, Nic!

ETA: RBW's home renovation skills continue to boggle my mind. Fantastic job on the house! Love the proposed pool area.
    Thanks! I haven't done anything invasive, just new furniture and stuff. Right now I am saving up to redo the kitchen - new cabinets and countertops, because what we have now is SO outdated. I already know someone who can do the work (he is a guy my dad has known forever and has helped my dad remodel his entire house twice, and some of his rentals) so I know he will give me a good deal. I probably need to save about $10,000 to $12,000 and am so close. Maybe next year!

And yes, I am also super jelly at RBW remodels. It's like right out of a magazine!

And yes, I am also super jelly at RBW remodels. It's like right out of a magazine!
    RBW and Mr. Wolves could have their own YouTube channel.

RBW has some great projects! And KT, I'm so glad you got unmirrored, even if they charged you thru the nose for it.

We've spent the summer watching crew run water pipes to our neighborhood. We all still us well, but the "people who know these things" are pretty sure the wells are going to fail at least during dry seasons. So yeah the local water co. is expanding to our area. Great! I've wanted to get "city" water for a while. But OMG the mess and the inconvenience. They've destroyed the road, they knock out our internet service on the regular. But we've got a water pipe into the house. Yay! Now we just wait until we can get a plumber out to finish the hookup. And of course, we have to figure out how to pay for it, but still. Good mews.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Congrats on the city water, Puzz! We used to have well water and the day we hooked up to city water was the happiest day of my life in that house. My grandparents had well water and it was great and cold and delicious. Not like the water I had.

Congrats on the city water, Puzz! We used to have well water and the day we hooked up to city water was the happiest day of my life in that house. My grandparents had well water and it was great and cold and delicious. Not like the water I had.
    Our well water is not that good. It's a shallow well and just not great. So we're crossing our fingers for a plumber, and I've been telling the fam that, with luck they'll get water for Christmas!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Our well water is not that good. It's a shallow well and just not great. So we're crossing our fingers for a plumber, and I've been telling the fam that, with luck they'll get water for Christmas!
    This made me smile and harken back to the days I read the "Little House" series, and how Laura Ingalls was thrilled to get an orange and a candy cane for Christmas. Bet they would have been thrilled with city water.

This made me smile and harken back to the days I read the "Little House" series, and how Laura Ingalls was thrilled to get an orange and a candy cane for Christmas. Bet they would have been thrilled with city water.
    MMM more Green Acres than Little House on the Prarie. The neighbors even have a pig that get loose sometimes.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    MMM more Green Acres than Little House on the Prarie. The neighbors even have a pig that get loose sometimes.
    Punkerduckie had a pig wander in to her barn and set up house a week or so ago

She found the owner, but I just thought it was hilarious that a stray pig found her lol.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I would love this. When I was assigned to Germany, I lived on a little farm in the middle of nowhere. My landlord primarily raised deer, but had a few cows and goats. I lived in the stone farmhouse and he lived nearby. He came and took care of the animals everyday, and I got to admire the beautiful farm animals with none of the work. Definitely a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Punkerduckie had a pig wander in to her barn and set up house a week or so ago

She found the owner, but I just thought it was hilarious that a stray pig found her lol.
    Several found me before I met my husband, I never thought it was hilarious.

I would love this. When I was assigned to Germany, I lived on a little farm in the middle of nowhere. My landlord primarily raised deer, but had a few cows and goats. I lived in the stone farmhouse and he lived nearby. He came and took care of the animals everyday, and I got to admire the beautiful farm animals with none of the work. Definitely a win-win.

Several found me before I met my husband, I never thought it was hilarious.
    That's my pasture! We have neighbor horses that rent our pasture. Love to see them, and don't have to do any work with them.

That's my pasture! We have neighbor horses that rent our pasture. Love to see them, and don't have to do any work with them.
    Good for you, Puzz - this is THE ideal farm situation, imho! I felt like the luckiest girl in the world when I lived there. I loved to go to work, and I loved to come home, because I passed the pastures and the horses, goats, and cows always seemed to be waiting for me by the fence. I know you won't be surprised to know I always stopped and rolled down my windows and chatted with them. I had 'em all named, it was great.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I never realized we had this thread until Mark Dominic bumped it to pimp out his blog or whatever he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I never realized we had this thread until Mark Dominic bumped it to pimp out his blog or whatever he is doing.
    It's a pretty cool thread but I wish more people would participate in it. I guess we owe a little gratitude to Spammy Mark for bringing you to it, lol.

It's a pretty cool thread but I wish more people would participate in it. I guess we owe a little gratitude to Spammy Mark for bringing you to it, lol.
    Home decor/refurbishing is my thing.

Home decor/refurbishing is my thing.
    I can't wait to see pics! I love home renovation and have lots of pics, but I feel like no one else is really that interested and I don't want to spam pics and be like She Who Shall Not Be Named.

I can't wait to see pics! I love home renovation and have lots of pics, but I feel like no one else is really that interested and I don't want to spam pics and be like She Who Shall Not Be Named.
    Ha ha! I will see what I can find.

What's really insane is that Mark Dominic reported his own post as spam. I just checked my email and saw the notification. How bizarre!

Ugh I have so much I have to fix up/redo before we sell. Its keeping me up at night. Its like I dont know where to start and Im not handy so Im relying on my husband to do it, and he is known to not do shit. sigh.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

What's really insane is that Mark Dominic reported his own post as spam. I just checked my email and saw the notification. How bizarre!
    That is odd, Mark Dominic. Why would you do something like that?

Thread Information