Page 52 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2044

Thread: Home Decorating, renovation and DIY

Re: Home Decorating

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=18633.msg1406692#msg1406692 date=1254957576]
    Anyone here ever make those ghosts for the yard where you use dowels and foam balls and fabric? I want to make some but I'm too lazy to figure out how much fabric I need per ghost. I saw a bunch of them in a yard while I was walking, all in a circle holding 'hands' and they are so cute.
    [/quote]

You can use as much or as little fabric as you want depending on how big you want them to be. 
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=18633.msg1406712#msg1406712 date=1254958313]
    You can use as much or as little fabric as you want depending on how big you want them to be. 
    [/quote]

:-P That's no help.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=18633.msg1406717#msg1406717 date=1254958835]
    :-P That's no help.
    [/quote]
    :roll:

Make Halloween Outdoor Decorations: "Ring of Ghosts"
    By Patricia Jensen

RING OF GHOSTS

Materials: 3 Twin-sized Sheets 3 Four foot lengths of flexible 1/2 inch PVC Piping, Wooden Stakes or Dowels 3 Small White Plastic Garbage Bags Masking Tape Newspaper String or Twist Ties Black Marker (optional)

Instructions: 1. First, determine a good location for your ghost gathering. Find a wide open area, or you may decide to group them around a tree or light pole.

2. To make the ghosts' heads, crumple up newspaper and stuff the three small plastic trash bags to the desired size.

3. Stick one of the PVC pipes into one of the bags and wrap the neck with masking tape to secure. Repeat for the other ghosts.

5. Cover each ghost head with a sheet, gathering with string or a twist tie under each head. The head should be in the middle of the sheet, so the outer edges can be attached to the neighboring ghosts.

You can make taller or shorter ghosts, but you must adjust the size of sheet you use to accommodate. Our ghosts will be just under 4 feet tall.

4. Push the PVC piping into the ground in a circular formation about 1-2 feet apart. The sheets should touch the ground and cover up the support. You can also use wooden stakes or dowels, but your ghosts won't have as much movement as they will with the PVC piping.

6. Finally, knot the ends of the sheets together to give the impression the ghosts are holding hands. Because the PVC is flexible, your ghosts will now bob and sway in the wind!

7. If desired, make Casper-like faces on the sheets with black marker.

We have 3 children, so we always make 3 ghosts, but you can connect as many ghosts as you wish!

They'll look like they're playing a spooky game of "ring-around-the-rosy"!

http://ezinearticles.com/?Make-Halloween-Outdoor-Decorations:-Ring-of-Ghosts-and-Flagpole-Spooks&id=234333

I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

Don't roll your eyes at me young lady.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=18633.msg1406724#msg1406724 date=1254959494]
      Don't roll your eyes at me young lady.
    [/quote]

I think my instructions were easier :lol:

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=18633.msg1406726#msg1406726 date=1254959660]
    I think my instructions were easier :lol:
    [/quote]

Yeah, I went out and measured my little poles I'm going to use and I guess I'll figure it out. I just want someone to do it for me. *whine*

I have the ghosties, and I did it very simply, ie cheap.....

white plastic bags, newspaper crunched up and a sharpie maker....

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=18633.msg1407262#msg1407262 date=1255014041]
    I have the ghosties, and I did it very simply, ie cheap.....

white plastic bags, newspaper crunched up and a sharpie maker....
    [/quote]

Can you make them hold hands with the garbage bags or do you need the more flowy fabric for that? I kinda want to put them in my flower thingie in front of the window, a row of them holding hands.

sorry I was working on my  pot of bean ham soup....

um I don't see why not, I guess you could double stick tape their edges like hands together...

I just got like the little white plastic grocers bags and cut them down to a smaller size, then I crumpled up old newspaper like a snow ball $ took twistie ties from like the garbage bags ,tied the end and stuck black industrial stregnth straws in their ghostie butts..mine were stuck down the edges of my sidewalk........they are waiting  in the halloween decorating box on my table to be put into my flower bed that never got any flowers planted in it..../rant

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=18633.msg1407617#msg1407617 date=1255028708]
    sorry I was working on my  pot of bean ham soup....

um I don't see why not, I guess you could double stick tape their edges like hands together...

I just got like the little white plastic grocers bags and cut them down to a smaller size, then I crumpled up old newspaper like a snow ball $ took twistie ties from like the garbage bags ,tied the end and stuck black industrial stregnth straws in their ghostie butts..mine were stuck down the edges of my sidewalk........they are waiting  in the halloween decorating box on my table to be put into my flower bed that never got any flowers planted in it..../rant

[/quote]

I want mine to be about 3 feet tall for the flower box thingie. It's a brick thing that runs the length of the big window in the family room. The little ones sound really cute for the sidewalk though. hmmmmm

[quote author=Just Me link=topic=18633.msg1404792#msg1404792 date=1254791531]
    Neener is it haunted?
    [/quote]yes
    the ghosts don't want neener there.
    they want law and I to own it.
    /seance
    Hotsauce McGilacuty - You can't kill ghosts. They're already dead.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=18633.msg1410203#msg1410203 date=1255303898]
    yes
    the ghosts don't want neener there.
    they want law and I to own it.
    /seance
    [/quote]

mine mine MINE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neener link=topic=18633.msg1410222#msg1410222 date=1255304949]

mine mine MINE.
    [/quote]
    sorry neens.  the ghosts have spoken. i can't change that. and that cat looks retarded.  i think that, not the ghosts.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=Ash_Lee link=topic=18633.msg1410231#msg1410231 date=1255305635]
    sorry neens.  the ghosts have spoken. i can't change that. and that cat looks retarded.  i think that, not the ghosts.
    [/quote]

well, its my house, so they're my ghosts.  i'm the boss. you can't have the house. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neener link=topic=18633.msg1410242#msg1410242 date=1255306619]
    well, its my house, so they're my ghosts.  i'm the boss. you can't have the house. 
    [/quote]
    it's uber cute that you think the ghosts will fall under your regime
    I'm tempted to convince them to let you live there for a bit and toy with you and your bossiness.

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=18633.msg1404238#msg1404238 date=1254743048]
    my inlaws new *old* house.  it was built in the 1850-1860's.

[IMG width=350]http://i36.tinypic.com/kf4pkm.jpg[/img]]

the pictures are shitty, but the house is gorgeous.  i want to live there.  :2angry:[/quote]

I love this house Neener!    We looked so hard for an "old new house" here in Virginia and couldn't find anything but soul-less mcmansions with no character.  :-(  I hate that we had to settle for one.  Paint is my friend, I'll give my house character with color.

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=18633.msg1431040#msg1431040 date=1256836021]
    I love this house Neener!    We looked so hard for an "old new house" here in Virginia and couldn't find anything but soul-less mcmansions with no character.  :-(  I hate that we had to settle for one.  Paint is my friend, I'll give my house character with color.

[/quote]

welcome hooooommmmmmeeeee Kim!
    So tell us all about the new place and how was the move and etc etc etc

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=18633.msg1431063#msg1431063 date=1256837948]welcome hooooommmmmmeeeee Kim!
    So tell us all about the new place and how was the move and etc etc etc[/quote]

Thanks ApRyL!  Well... I'm not in the new place yet - we're still in the hotel and still in the middle of the move.  My household goods haven't reached the States yet (scheduled to arrive 15 November).  We sign for the house on 15 November and we're moving out of this hotel and into that house whether my furniture is here or not.  Inflatable mattress and paper plates FTW!  The new house doesn't quite live up to the one we left behind in Belgium, but it's nice.

Stephen flew in from Belgium on Saturday, so we're together again (he had the laptop, that's why I haven't been on-line).  I was here alone for the first month - it's good to have him back.  He started his new job on Monday.  Big Fat Louie is staying with my friend Gael because the hotel wanted $25/day (non-refundable) for him to stay here.  Gael is spoiling him rotten and Stephen and I don't think he'll want to return to us come November 15th even though he'll have a HUGE fenced yard to roam around in.  Fuckin' traitorous feline.  Louie was not at all pleased with the trans-Atlantic flight.  He was in the hold, but after we landed I heard the flight attendants bitching about the "pain in the ass cat who never shut the hell up all the way across the Atlantic."  One of them said she wished they had an eject button for him because she would have used it off the coast of Canada.  :lol:  Louie was the only cat on the flight.   :oops:

So yeah, we're still in transition but it's all good.  I'm loving living back in the States again. 

The new house:
    [img width=400]http://images2d.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp53693%3Enu%3D3996%3E25%3B%3E253%3EWS NRCG%3D32849755%3B3344nu0mrj[/img]

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

I love the new house!

It looks very welcoming, and I can't WAIT to see inside decorated pics when you get in and settled { please by Christmas, thanks ,hurry it up}

Poor Kitty, I woulda been hollerin my face off if I were trapped in a cage in a loud tin can across the Atlantic too, dumb airplane people.

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=18633.msg1431110#msg1431110 date=1256840597]I love the new house!

It looks very welcoming, and I can't WAIT to see inside decorated pics when you get in and settled { please by Christmas, thanks ,hurry it up}[/quote]

I'm afraid this house is going to be a beeyotch to decorate.  I took tons of pictures and I've been wracking my brains out trying to figure out where to put some of my favorite pieces of furniture.  Lots of windows which are nice, but they eat up wall space and I've got some big pieces.  Like my dining room for instance.  I've got a table, an untold number of chairs  , a hutch, and a tall sideboard.  But the dining room only has one wall, the rest of the walls are covered with windows.  The windows look nice and all, but where the hell am I going to put the tall sideboard?  (I love the hardwood floors in this house - but that ceiling fan has got. to. go.)

I love that red, and those windows....

I don't know the answers but I would LOVE a breakfast area by all those windows, with big comfy chairs....and a book, and a coffee, le'sigh......

It's beautiful Kim. I can't wait to see what you do with it!
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

Olivia

Welcome back Kim!  I love the house

So can anyone tell me the best thing to clean animal urine stains out of a rug?  You cant actually see the stains because the rug is textured but it really stinks

Kim, I love the house and really love that room. It's gorgeous. Does this mean I don't send your package to the address you gave me then?  :oops:

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=18633.msg1431105#msg1431105 date=1256840292]

The new house:
    [img width=400]http://images2d.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp53693%3Enu%3D3996%3E25%3B%3E253%3EWS NRCG%3D32849755%3B3344nu0mrj[/img]

[/quote]

gorgeous!
    Oh nooooooo your tires all flat and junk.

Thread Information