Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Decorating, renovation and DIY

Re: Home Decorating

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=18633.msg1189620#msg1189620 date=1234978586]
    Tink!  Your house is gorgeous!  I love love love the brown and blue pillows and throw on the couch. 
    I love how bright and cheery the kitchen is, so cute.  I am also kind of obsessed with the room you did for your nieces.  I love the curtains!  Where did you get them? 
    [/quote]

The whole set came from Target.  In person the curtains are much prettier.  They have rows of square pink sequins.
    The girls room is has a much more lived in look now!
    We knocked down a bunch of walls in the kitchen area and I really love it now.  I'm going to post some pictures of what we started out with for a house ( a very small cape) and my husband and I built a huge addition.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=18633.msg1189476#msg1189476 date=1234967468]
    You sound like my grandson who is always saying stuff like 'When X dies I get Y.' A little weird for a 6 y/o if you ask me but what do I know.

I got it at a local furniture place, not a chain but here is the web page of the manufacturer and there is a dealer locator.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.catnapper.com/images/celebrate.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.catnapper.com/&usg=__orSpfAGJOTLIbc3caEnrnltnB4E=&h=343& amp;w=494&sz=89&hl=en&start=1&um=1 &tbnid=jogS8k1_RYeVgM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=13 0&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djackson%2Bfurniture%26um%3D1%26hl%3De n%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN
    [/quote]

they have dealers near me! 

and your grandson actually says stuff like that?  :lol:  thats hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=18633.msg1189612#msg1189612 date=1234978195]
    Here are some pictures of my house.....

[/quote]

We looked at a couch like this and it was the one my husband wanted. He is still pouty.

Your house is gorgeous Tink. I love the bright room for the girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=18633.msg1189694#msg1189694 date=1234982812]
    We looked at a couch like this and it was the one my husband wanted. He is still pouty.

Your house is gorgeous Tink. I love the bright room for the girls.
    [/quote]

I love the living room set you got.  It looks really cozy and comfy.  And I'm jealous of the chaise.  Love it.
    Are you putting your living room furniture on hardwoods?
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=18633.msg1189702#msg1189702 date=1234983357]
    I love the living room set you got.  It looks really cozy and comfy.  And I'm jealous of the chaise.  Love it.
    Are you putting your living room furniture on hardwoods?
    [/quote]

The family room has carpet. In the hardwood room I am putting a red leather couch, the chaise, some cherry end tables/coffee table, an area rug that is red/black/brown and of course the awesome armor guy and the grand piano.

I looked at some wallpaper yesterday for that room. I like the green but it's not going to work with the furniture so it has to go. I also bought a book yesterday called 50 ways to paint a wall or something like that so now I'm thinking paint instead of wallpaper. Or maybe a combo of the two. 

One of the wallpapers I like.

http://www.usawallpaper.com/beliciwabo.html

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=18633.msg1189709#msg1189709 date=1234983773]
    The family room has carpet. In the hardwood room I am putting a red leather couch, the chaise, some cherry end tables/coffee table, an area rug that is red/black/brown and of course the awesome armor guy and the grand piano.

I looked at some wallpaper yesterday for that room. I like the green but it's not going to work with the furniture so it has to go. I also bought a book yesterday called 50 ways to paint a wall or something like that so now I'm thinking paint instead of wallpaper. Or maybe a combo of the two. 
    [/quote]
    Make sure to buy some good quality plastic "cups" for the furniture going on the hardwoods.  I didn't think we would need them because the areas of sectional are so heavy but it is the only thing that stops them from shifting each time you sit down.
    The piano room sounds lovely.  I am a big paint fanatic.  I'l have to take some pictures of my upstairs rooms.  My living room is painted and I ragged it.  Painting is relaxing for me.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=18633.msg1189716#msg1189716 date=1234984197]
    One of the wallpapers I like.

http://www.usawallpaper.com/beliciwabo.html

[/quote]

#1 Is very cool - you could paint that yourself 

#2 Is very nice and seems a little more formal and I like the variety of colors. 

#3 I love but not for your piano room.....[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=18633.msg1189620#msg1189620 date=1234978586]
    Tink!  Your house is gorgeous!  I love love love the brown and blue pillows and throw on the couch. 
    I love how bright and cheery the kitchen is, so cute.  I am also kind of obsessed with the room you did for your nieces.  I love the curtains!  Where did you get them? 
    [/quote]

I made the pillows for the couch out of some fancy silky towels I found at TJMaxx.  I bought the 2 - 8x10 rugs with the squares from Brylane home and they were on Clearance.  I got each rug for $39.99.  The rugs I had been looking at were $300 and up!  It wasn't exactly what I wanted but for the price I decided I loved them!

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=18633.msg1189735#msg1189735 date=1234985790]
    #1 Is very cool - you could paint that yourself 

[/quote]

I completely heart you.

I really want a more formal look so I don't know about that one either. I like it though

I'm sort of formulating a picture in my head but haven't got it all together yet. It involves a lot of black.

Olivia

Hi guys

Thought I might as well join in here.  We just bought our first house (got the keys on 10 feb) and we are in the middle of doing a pretty major renovation.  The house is quite tiny but there is only two of us for now so we will survive.  It's a 5 min walk to the beach.  In about a year we are going to extend but for now we are just fixing up what is already there. I might need some opinions if anyone can help.  I havent uploaded the weekend pics of us working on the house yet but I will do it tomorrow and post some.

Here are the before pics (the stuff in there is the previous owners - she was elderly and it was a deceased estate)

We are going to knock out the wall between the kitchen and the lounge and make it one big area

We have ripped up all the carpet and we are in the process of ripping up the kitchen floors - this is what is underneath.  We are going to sand them and polish them and have floorboard through the house

Olivia

We are going to extend the kitchen that you see above - this weekend we are ripping out the old kitchen. My uncle is a granite/stone mason so he is going to do our counters for free!!  We are getting ceaserstone in Ice Snow.  This is the type of kitchen I have ordered - with the 'push/handleless doors.'  These pics are the same countertop we are getting.  What do you all think?

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=18633.msg1189810#msg1189810 date=1234990962]
    We are going to extend the kitchen that you see above - this weekend we are ripping out the old kitchen. My uncle is a granite/stone mason so he is going to do our counters for free!!  We are getting ceaserstone in Ice Snow.  This is the type of kitchen I have ordered - with the 'push/handleless doors.'  These pics are the same countertop we are getting.  What do you all think?

[/quote]
    Have fun with your home improvements.  My husband and I are very fortunate that we work well together. 
    I love the nice clean lines. 

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=18633.msg1189810#msg1189810 date=1234990962]

[/quote]

I'm with Tink. I love the clean lines. The house is so cute and it sounds like a terrific location. You are planning on building on?

So.  I think in the back of my mind I want to be you DS.  All your talk about buying new furniture and your new house.......
    I put some broth on the stove to boil and came and sat at computer central.  I turned on the wrong burner and that burner had a metal pie plate on it!  It was RED hot and smoking!  I had to turn on all the exhaust fans.....
    I'm surprised the stove handles didn't melt.  It was HOT! 

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=18633.msg1190060#msg1190060 date=1235005302]
    So.  I think in the back of my mind I want to be you DS.  All your talk about buying new furniture and your new house.......
    I put some broth on the stove to boil and came and sat at computer central.  I turned on the wrong burner and that burner had a metal pie plate on it!  It was RED hot and smoking!  I had to turn on all the exhaust fans.....
    I'm surprised the stove handles didn't melt.  It was HOT! 
    [/quote]

Ack. It's so easy, isn't it? I still find myself setting things down on the stove then I'm like god, you idiot. Glad you caught it. 

Tink, your colors are killer!
    Kim...you have such great taste.
    Olivia...I feel for you, we have been remodeling for over a year, while living in the home, drywall dust SUCKS, but it's so wonderfully worth it when you have a finished product! I can't wait to see the after pics of your floor, I'm betting after a sanding and polish it will be just amazing. I am fortunate in the fact that my old man and I own a construction company and he is a master craftsman. We are almost finished and I can't wait to start decorating...if only I could get KimTisha to bring some of her magic and "do" my house! I love to buy the pretties, hate to decorate with them.

Oh yeah, Olivia, the floor. That's going to be gorgeous!

oh, and Deep, I'm uber jealous of the chaise you bought, those colors are my favorites together.....and the couch/ sectional deal...can I has that pleeeze and thanks!

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=18633.msg1190102#msg1190102 date=1235007119]
    oh, and Deep, I'm uber jealous of the chaise you bought, those colors are my favorites together.....and the couch/ sectional deal...can I has that pleeeze and thanks!
    [/quote]

another one trying to poach my inheritance. 
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

:lol:, I didnt know you had  dibs on the sectional...I won't fight ya for it, but Im loving it [sleep with one eye open neener } 

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=18633.msg1190121#msg1190121 date=1235007711]
    :lol:, I didnt know you had  dibs on the sectional...I won't fight ya for it, but Im loving it [sleep with one eye open neener }   
    [/quote]

i have dibs on everything.  especially that piano. 

you sleep with one eye open!  i will protect my property  :lol:

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=18633.msg1190121#msg1190121 date=1235007711]
    [/quote]

It's being delivered tomorrow! I can't wait.

Neen, I hope by the time I'm dead it's at least fifty years old.

it always makes me laugh when I see Neener give this guy   

[quote author=ApRyL link=topic=18633.msg1190128#msg1190128 date=1235007949]
    it always makes me laugh when I see Neener give this guy   
    [/quote]

She looks just like that. Well, his arm is a little fatter than hers.

:lol:
    DS..
    how is it that you guys came to have a fire? I once gutted out a home that was completely fire damaged and I cried for the better part of the first day.

Thread Information