Page 132 of 143 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3567

Thread: What did you buy today?

  1. #3276
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,678
    Rep Power
    21474859
    I bought me some t-shirts from Kohls, including this one which amuses me.



  2. #3277
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    7,165
    Rep Power
    21474861
    "Spy," a novel by Danielle Steel in Large Print - for my neighbor's 89th Birthday. Happy Birthday, Erma!
    Last edited by KimTisha; 08-29-2020 at 03:16 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  3. #3278
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    7,165
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by petracor View Post
    I have anxiety. I bought cbd oil.
    So does this work for anxiety? I don't suffer from anxiety, but I would think that THC would be more effective than the CBD.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  4. #3279
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    4,558
    Rep Power
    0


    I am starting to learn long term investing!

  5. #3280
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,678
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post

    I am starting to learn long term investing!
    Long term is good, and the earlier you start the better!

  6. #3281
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,872
    Rep Power
    13685361
    3 ASU tshirts for me and a spa package for mom dukes bday.

  7. #3282
    Moderator Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    11,558
    Rep Power
    21474856
    DVD of the 1980 George C. Scott film, the Changeling. Love that movie.

  8. #3283
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    12,647
    Rep Power
    21474861
    I bought a house! It's the same one we have been living in for about 4 years, but we are now officially homeowners.

    My dad asked me what I wanted for a housewarming gift, and I jokingly said a couch. He very seriously goes "okay, pick one out you like. Maybe get a coffee table or kitchen table set also. Just keep it under $10,000." I thought he was joking but he is serious. $10,000 is way too crazy though. I picked out a couch and a coffee table with 2 end tables and altogether is a little over $2,000 and I am good. Only sucky thing is the couch is temporarily out of stock (Ashley Furniture) so I just have to keep checking online to see if they get more....been checking every day lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  9. #3284
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,678
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I bought a house! It's the same one we have been living in for about 4 years, but we are now officially homeowners.

    My dad asked me what I wanted for a housewarming gift, and I jokingly said a couch. He very seriously goes "okay, pick one out you like. Maybe get a coffee table or kitchen table set also. Just keep it under $10,000." I thought he was joking but he is serious. $10,000 is way too crazy though. I picked out a couch and a coffee table with 2 end tables and altogether is a little over $2,000 and I am good. Only sucky thing is the couch is temporarily out of stock (Ashley Furniture) so I just have to keep checking online to see if they get more....been checking every day lol.
    Congrats! So were you renting before and the landlord just decided to sell?

  10. #3285
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    12,647
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Congrats! So were you renting before and the landlord just decided to sell?
    Sort of. My husband's parents bought it for us to live in and asked us to just pay the bills and mortgage (our credit was shitty at the time). We got our credit way up and decided to buy it from them.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  11. #3286
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,678
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Sort of. My husband's parents bought it for us to live in and asked us to just pay the bills and mortgage (our credit was shitty at the time). We got our credit way up and decided to buy it from them.
    Nice! And it's a great time to get a mortgage with the rates being so low!

  12. #3287
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    12,647
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Nice! And it's a great time to get a mortgage with the rates being so low!
    It was super low!

    Hubby and I are really proud of ourselves, if we were still popping pills there is no way we could've done all this. I legit went from a credit score of 505 to over 800.


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  13. #3288
    Moderator raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,678
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    It was super low!

    Hubby and I are really proud of ourselves, if we were still popping pills there is no way we could've done all this. I legit went from a credit score of 505 to over 800.
    You should be proud!

  14. #3289
    Moderator Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    11,558
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    It was super low!

    Hubby and I are really proud of ourselves, if we were still popping pills there is no way we could've done all this. I legit went from a credit score of 505 to over 800.
    That is awesome, Nic ~ congratulations!!!

  15. #3290
    Moderator Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    11,558
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    It was super low!

    Hubby and I are really proud of ourselves, if we were still popping pills there is no way we could've done all this. I legit went from a credit score of 505 to over 800.
    That is awesome, Nic ~ congratulations!!!

  16. #3291
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    12,647
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Thanks guys!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  17. #3292
    Cousin Greg Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    17,299
    Rep Power
    21474865
    I think Nic wins this thread by buying a house.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  18. #3293
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    7,165
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I bought a house! It's the same one we have been living in for about 4 years, but we are now officially homeowners.

    My dad asked me what I wanted for a housewarming gift, and I jokingly said a couch. He very seriously goes "okay, pick one out you like. Maybe get a coffee table or kitchen table set also. Just keep it under $10,000." I thought he was joking but he is serious. $10,000 is way too crazy though. I picked out a couch and a coffee table with 2 end tables and altogether is a little over $2,000 and I am good. Only sucky thing is the couch is temporarily out of stock (Ashley Furniture) so I just have to keep checking online to see if they get more....been checking every day lol.
    Congratulations, NicB! That is awesome, made even more so by the fact that you had to overcome some struggles to get there. PLUS.... you don't have to pack up and move! So, so happy for you.

    Now about that furniture.....

    When we bought our home in Florida, we didn't have a stick of furniture to move into it, so we bought a living room set from Ashley (one of their most popular models). It was quick and easy and reasonably priced ($2.5k). We only spend about four months a year there, so it didn't have to be fancy. I will never purchase from Ashley again. The set was cheaply made, which became apparent after a few months. That was in 2017, it has been replaced already, after a total of one year of use by two responsible adults. I think it's really admirable that you are only spending 20% of your gifted budget, but you might want to consider a private furniture store that deals in quality sofas like Basset, Broyhill, Lexington, Barcalounger, etc. I really regret that I didn't do that. Whatever you end up buying, use it happily in YOUR new home!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  19. #3294
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    12,647
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Congratulations, NicB! That is awesome, made even more so by the fact that you had to overcome some struggles to get there. PLUS.... you don't have to pack up and move! So, so happy for you.

    Now about that furniture.....

    When we bought our home in Florida, we didn't have a stick of furniture to move into it, so we bought a living room set from Ashley (one of their most popular models). It was quick and easy and reasonably priced ($2.5k). We only spend about four months a year there, so it didn't have to be fancy. I will never purchase from Ashley again. The set was cheaply made, which became apparent after a few months. That was in 2017, it has been replaced already, after a total of one year of use by two responsible adults. I think it's really admirable that you are only spending 20% of your gifted budget, but you might want to consider a private furniture store that deals in quality sofas like Basset, Broyhill, Lexington, Barcalounger, etc. I really regret that I didn't do that. Whatever you end up buying, use it happily in YOUR new home!
    I just totally fell in love with a sectional that only Ashley sells...and it got good reviews. BUT, it is temporarily out of stock and when I called the guy said they don't anticipate getting anymore until after October. So now I have to decide if I hold out (because I love this one soooo much) or settle for something else. I have looked around online and can't find anything that compares, I'm really picky.

    With the whole Rona going on I feel like online is the best way to go, and I have no idea where to look as I have never bought a new couch (always got used from someone). Here is the one I fell in love with:

    https://www.ashleyfurniture.com/p/re...E&gclsrc=aw.ds


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  20. #3295
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    7,165
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Oh, that IS really nice. I checked out of curiosity, not in stock in my store in Florida, either. This doesn't have functional moving parts (my sofa power-reclined), so I'd be less likely to be wary of it. If you're really in love with this one and it has good reviews then I'd wait. If this gift wasn't offered you'd be waiting even longer for a new sofa, right? So waiting a few more weeks to get what you REALLY want is nothing.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  21. #3296
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    12,647
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Oh, that IS really nice. I checked out of curiosity, not in stock in my store in Florida, either. This doesn't have functional moving parts (my sofa power-reclined), so I'd be less likely to be wary of it. If you're really in love with this one and it has good reviews then I'd wait. If this gift wasn't offered you'd be waiting even longer for a new sofa, right? So waiting a few more weeks to get what you REALLY want is nothing.
    I am thinking the same, it might be worth the wait. I hope!


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  22. #3297
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    7,165
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I am thinking the same, it might be worth the wait. I hope!
    DEFINITELY worth the wait. If you really love it, wait for it. I fell in love with a beautiful red Harley one year, and because they have a crappy business model, we had to take what Harley gave us or wait another year and hope they were releasing models in that colour. I love that bike, but I still wish it was candy apple red. And every time I see a Harley in my favorite shade of red, I say a silent little to H-D. Wait for the couch.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  23. #3298
    Scoopski Potatoes Nic B's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    12,647
    Rep Power
    21474861
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    DEFINITELY worth the wait. If you really love it, wait for it. I fell in love with a beautiful red Harley one year, and because they have a crappy business model, we had to take what Harley gave us or wait another year and hope they were releasing models in that colour. I love that bike, but I still wish it was candy apple red. And every time I see a Harley in my favorite shade of red, I say a silent little to H-D. Wait for the couch.
    Thanks I think I will. I have been wanting a new couch for a while, so what's another few months?

    Can you get your Harley painted?


    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

  24. #3299
    Junior Member DemiLovatto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    This relaxing CBD infused tea)

  25. #3300
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,872
    Rep Power
    13685361
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I bought a house! It's the same one we have been living in for about 4 years, but we are now officially homeowners.

    My dad asked me what I wanted for a housewarming gift, and I jokingly said a couch. He very seriously goes "okay, pick one out you like. Maybe get a coffee table or kitchen table set also. Just keep it under $10,000." I thought he was joking but he is serious. $10,000 is way too crazy though. I picked out a couch and a coffee table with 2 end tables and altogether is a little over $2,000 and I am good. Only sucky thing is the couch is temporarily out of stock (Ashley Furniture) so I just have to keep checking online to see if they get more....been checking every day lol.
    Thats excellent. Congrats!!!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •