Page 131 of 143 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131 132 133 141 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 3567

Thread: What did you buy today?

A new old book. "Trooper Ross and Signal Butte" by Captain Charles King, US Army; J. B. Lippincott Co., 1896.

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    A new old book. "Trooper Ross and Signal Butte" by Captain Charles King, US Army; J. B. Lippincott Co., 1896.

Looks cool. I bought face shields, put together a grocery order, and ordered strawberry plants.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

A bought a Plane Tag made from the skin of the plane that The Monkees used to tour in 1967.

Originally intended as a transport plane for WWII, the DC-6 rolled off the assembly lines in 1946 after being re-worked for the long-range commercial transport market. It flew as one of American Airlines? famed Flagship planes, as an air tanker fighting fires, and most notably as The Monkees tour plane during the Summer of Love. Cut and engraved directly from the skin of a historic Douglas DC-6 decommissioned airplane, this limited edition, one-of-a-kind Plane Tag has been resurrected from its time in the clouds to live on as a versatile and practical memento. Over 100 years after humankind?s mechanical marvels conquered the skies, you too can hold a token of the immense feat of aviation in the palm of your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    A bought a Plane Tag made from the skin of the plane that The Monkees used to tour in 1967.
    LOVE this!

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Looks cool. I bought face shields, put together a grocery order, and ordered strawberry plants.
    Container garden or in the ground, Puzz?
    Last edited by KimTisha; 05-30-2020 at 05:34 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Container garden or in the ground, Puzz?
    Some of both. We have a couple of raised beds, about 5X5 each. Several big pots, and some of the planting bags... Mom keeps sending her caregivers for more seeds or bedding plants. I keep warning the caregiver, who's never gardened before that she's going to be working every day, watering, picking, processing. At last count we have tomatoes, cukes, potatoes, corn, asparagus, lettuce, carrots, raspberries, pumpkins, beans, squash, and strawberries. And I don't know what all else.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

My husband has always liked gardening.
    He recently really started getting into trying to grow his own produce.
    He has cucumbers, watermelons, green peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, basil, sage, and I'm not sure what else.
    Oh and I bought this today.
    Alpyn Beauty Bubbling Cleanser - Antioxidant-rich face wash with superstar exfoliants (papaya and pomegranate extract, glycolic and lactic acid), and natural hydrators linoleic acid and ceramides that leave skin soft and silky. Wild actives nourish with essential vitamins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Some of both. We have a couple of raised beds, about 5X5 each. Several big pots, and some of the planting bags... Mom keeps sending her caregivers for more seeds or bedding plants. I keep warning the caregiver, who's never gardened before that she's going to be working every day, watering, picking, processing. At last count we have tomatoes, cukes, potatoes, corn, asparagus, lettuce, carrots, raspberries, pumpkins, beans, squash, and strawberries. And I don't know what all else.
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    My husband has always liked gardening.
    He recently really started getting into trying to grow his own produce.
    He has cucumbers, watermelons, green peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, basil, sage, and I'm not sure what else.
    Not gonna lie.... I'm jealous. I can't even keep a potted basil plant alive for more than a week or so. Enjoy the harvest!

Not gonna lie.... I'm jealous. I can't even keep a potted basil plant alive for more than a week or so. Enjoy the harvest!
    Well, we'll see if any of it grows. We're just getting it in the ground here in the frozen tundra.

Awesome! I have an old version of "Alice In Wonderland". On the first page there's a note that says "To Emma, with love Marjorie X-Mas 1920" Nineteenfuckingtwenty!!! I love it. 😍

Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    Awesome! I have an old version of "Alice In Wonderland". On the first page there's a note that says "To Emma, with love Marjorie X-Mas 1920" Nineteenfuckingtwenty!!! I love it. ��
    Ah, a fellow booksniffer! I love old books and have collected them for years. Amazingly, I don't have an "Alice in Wonderland," although I'd love to have one. Great illustrations in the 1920s editions. Lucky you!

I got a harmonica more specifically a Hohner chromatic 12 though.

An omelet and half stack of pancakes which is going to cost me roughly around $30. My car doesn't run so I have to rely on delivery. Since, I ordered food from the island they're charging me half the price of the food.
    I wasn't going to order the food initially, but my son wouldn't be a good baby. He was screaming every 1-2 hours. I know he's teething, but damn!
    So I'm treating myself since I had to put up with that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post

I got a harmonica more specifically a Hohner chromatic 12 though.
    I love harmonicas, you got a serious one there. Nice! Make wonderful music with it!

The curtains for my sunroom arrived today. Just waiting on the tension curtain rods Puzzld found for me to arrive.

[IMG][/IMG]

The curtains for my sunroom arrived today. Just waiting on the tension curtain rods Puzzld found for me to arrive.

[IMG][/IMG]
    omg Those of lovely. And perfect for my living room. Where did you get them???

omg Those of lovely. And perfect for my living room. Where did you get them???
    Overstock.com! They're really nice, they're lined and I love the colours for my sunroom. One of the reviews said they run a little small width-wise so I ordered a spare set so I could add one panel to each window. It was a good move, I think they do run a bit small. Machine washable/dryable, $50/pair.

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...0/product.html

Overstock.com! They're really nice, they're lined and I love the colours for my sunroom. One of the reviews said they run a little small width-wise so I ordered a spare set so I could add one panel to each window. It was a good move, I think they do run a bit small. Machine washable/dryable, $50/pair.

https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...0/product.html
    Good move on ordering more...they're out of stock now.

Good move on ordering more...they're out of stock now.
    I saw them on more than one site though. Trying to think..... I know I checked Wayfair. And some kind of curtainsrus or everythingcurtains or curtainsusa. They're made in China, those curtains were on all three, but not necessarily in those colours. I did overstock because I wanted that colour. There are also blue/green and purple/blue, IIRC.

I bought pharma stocks due to COVID-19 and get the Conspiracy theorists triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post
    I bought pharma stocks due to COVID-19 and get the Conspiracy theorists triggered.
    Haha- I did that yesterday, too! We've been picking up pharma stocks here and there for about a year now, they all do well. It especially makes sense during a pandemic, right?

I just did a big office supplies/stationery shop. Mostly boring unfun stuff like a chair protector. I need to get a heater for the bathroom. It's freezing in there! Hopefully winter is nearly over. It's been a wet one.

I bought Taylor Swifts' new cd + digital album.
    8 Cirkul cartridges in fruit punch flavor, bottle filter, and bottle

I bought Wet Ones antibacterial hand wipes. Yes, I actually found some on Amazon. I bought them quick, because they were gone right after I checked out.
    I also "bought" 4 onesies, 2 baby pjs, and a sit me up all for $4. I go to parenting classes where I earn fake money (for going to classes) to buy baby stuff at this business' baby boutique. They have formula, bottles, crib sheets, toys, clothes, e.t.c.
    I've been looking for a sit me up for a few weeks now and luckily they had one so I didn't have to buy it on Facebook Marketplace. I also bought some clothes for my son since he will be 6 months soon and he's wearing 3-6 months right now.

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I've been looking for a sit me up for a few weeks now and luckily they had one so I didn't have to buy it on Facebook Marketplace. I also bought some clothes for my son since he will be 6 months soon and he's wearing 3-6 months right now.
    Wow, time flies. I feel like you just had him.

Wow, time flies. I feel like you just had him.
    I know! This whole coronavirus thing has blurred my days and months. I kind of wished he was still a little scrunched up newborn.

Thread Information