Page 131 of 131 FirstFirst ... 31 81 121 129 130 131
Results 3,251 to 3,268 of 3268

Thread: What did you buy today?

  1. #3251
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,714
    Rep Power
    9699347
    A new old book. "Trooper Ross and Signal Butte" by Captain Charles King, US Army; J. B. Lippincott Co., 1896.



    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  2. #3252
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,866
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    A new old book. "Trooper Ross and Signal Butte" by Captain Charles King, US Army; J. B. Lippincott Co., 1896.

    Looks cool. I bought face shields, put together a grocery order, and ordered strawberry plants.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  3. #3253
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14,937
    Rep Power
    21474858
    A bought a Plane Tag made from the skin of the plane that The Monkees used to tour in 1967.




    Originally intended as a transport plane for WWII, the DC-6 rolled off the assembly lines in 1946 after being re-worked for the long-range commercial transport market. It flew as one of American Airlines? famed Flagship planes, as an air tanker fighting fires, and most notably as The Monkees tour plane during the Summer of Love. Cut and engraved directly from the skin of a historic Douglas DC-6 decommissioned airplane, this limited edition, one-of-a-kind Plane Tag has been resurrected from its time in the clouds to live on as a versatile and practical memento. Over 100 years after humankind?s mechanical marvels conquered the skies, you too can hold a token of the immense feat of aviation in the palm of your hand.

  4. #3254
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,714
    Rep Power
    9699347
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    A bought a Plane Tag made from the skin of the plane that The Monkees used to tour in 1967.
    LOVE this!

    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Looks cool. I bought face shields, put together a grocery order, and ordered strawberry plants.
    Container garden or in the ground, Puzz?
    Last edited by KimTisha; 05-30-2020 at 05:34 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  5. #3255
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,866
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post

    Container garden or in the ground, Puzz?
    Some of both. We have a couple of raised beds, about 5X5 each. Several big pots, and some of the planting bags... Mom keeps sending her caregivers for more seeds or bedding plants. I keep warning the caregiver, who's never gardened before that she's going to be working every day, watering, picking, processing. At last count we have tomatoes, cukes, potatoes, corn, asparagus, lettuce, carrots, raspberries, pumpkins, beans, squash, and strawberries. And I don't know what all else.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  6. #3256
    Senior Member curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    817
    Rep Power
    14759246
    My husband has always liked gardening.
    He recently really started getting into trying to grow his own produce.
    He has cucumbers, watermelons, green peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, basil, sage, and I'm not sure what else.
    Oh and I bought this today.
    Alpyn Beauty Bubbling Cleanser - Antioxidant-rich face wash with superstar exfoliants (papaya and pomegranate extract, glycolic and lactic acid), and natural hydrators linoleic acid and ceramides that leave skin soft and silky. Wild actives nourish with essential vitamins.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  7. #3257
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,714
    Rep Power
    9699347
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Some of both. We have a couple of raised beds, about 5X5 each. Several big pots, and some of the planting bags... Mom keeps sending her caregivers for more seeds or bedding plants. I keep warning the caregiver, who's never gardened before that she's going to be working every day, watering, picking, processing. At last count we have tomatoes, cukes, potatoes, corn, asparagus, lettuce, carrots, raspberries, pumpkins, beans, squash, and strawberries. And I don't know what all else.
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    My husband has always liked gardening.
    He recently really started getting into trying to grow his own produce.
    He has cucumbers, watermelons, green peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, basil, sage, and I'm not sure what else.
    Not gonna lie.... I'm jealous. I can't even keep a potted basil plant alive for more than a week or so. Enjoy the harvest!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  8. #3258
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,866
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Not gonna lie.... I'm jealous. I can't even keep a potted basil plant alive for more than a week or so. Enjoy the harvest!
    Well, we'll see if any of it grows. We're just getting it in the ground here in the frozen tundra.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  9. #3259
    Senior Member StarrySky87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    6950728
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    A new old book. "Trooper Ross and Signal Butte" by Captain Charles King, US Army; J. B. Lippincott Co., 1896.



    Awesome! I have an old version of "Alice In Wonderland". On the first page there's a note that says "To Emma, with love Marjorie X-Mas 1920" Nineteenfuckingtwenty!!! I love it. 😍

  10. #3260
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,714
    Rep Power
    9699347
    Quote Originally Posted by StarrySky87 View Post
    Awesome! I have an old version of "Alice In Wonderland". On the first page there's a note that says "To Emma, with love Marjorie X-Mas 1920" Nineteenfuckingtwenty!!! I love it. ��
    Ah, a fellow booksniffer! I love old books and have collected them for years. Amazingly, I don't have an "Alice in Wonderland," although I'd love to have one. Great illustrations in the 1920s editions. Lucky you!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  11. #3261
    Senior Member JohnLanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    536872



    I got a harmonica more specifically a Hohner chromatic 12 though.

  12. #3262
    Senior Member curiouscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    817
    Rep Power
    14759246
    An omelet and half stack of pancakes which is going to cost me roughly around $30. My car doesn't run so I have to rely on delivery. Since, I ordered food from the island they're charging me half the price of the food.
    I wasn't going to order the food initially, but my son wouldn't be a good baby. He was screaming every 1-2 hours. I know he's teething, but damn!
    So I'm treating myself since I had to put up with that shit!
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

  13. #3263
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,714
    Rep Power
    9699347
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLanders View Post



    I got a harmonica more specifically a Hohner chromatic 12 though.
    I love harmonicas, you got a serious one there. Nice! Make wonderful music with it!
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  14. #3264
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,714
    Rep Power
    9699347
    The curtains for my sunroom arrived today. Just waiting on the tension curtain rods Puzzld found for me to arrive.

    [IMG][/IMG]
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  15. #3265
    Senior Member puzzld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,866
    Rep Power
    21474867
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    The curtains for my sunroom arrived today. Just waiting on the tension curtain rods Puzzld found for me to arrive.

    [IMG][/IMG]
    omg Those of lovely. And perfect for my living room. Where did you get them???
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

  16. #3266
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,714
    Rep Power
    9699347
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    omg Those of lovely. And perfect for my living room. Where did you get them???
    Overstock.com! They're really nice, they're lined and I love the colours for my sunroom. One of the reviews said they run a little small width-wise so I ordered a spare set so I could add one panel to each window. It was a good move, I think they do run a bit small. Machine washable/dryable, $50/pair.

    https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...0/product.html
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

  17. #3267
    It was aliens raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14,937
    Rep Power
    21474858
    Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Overstock.com! They're really nice, they're lined and I love the colours for my sunroom. One of the reviews said they run a little small width-wise so I ordered a spare set so I could add one panel to each window. It was a good move, I think they do run a bit small. Machine washable/dryable, $50/pair.

    https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...0/product.html
    Good move on ordering more...they're out of stock now.

  18. #3268
    Senior Member KimTisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    5,714
    Rep Power
    9699347
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Good move on ordering more...they're out of stock now.
    I saw them on more than one site though. Trying to think..... I know I checked Wayfair. And some kind of curtainsrus or everythingcurtains or curtainsusa. They're made in China, those curtains were on all three, but not necessarily in those colours. I did overstock because I wanted that colour. There are also blue/green and purple/blue, IIRC.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •