Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: AMBER ALERT: Haleigh Cummings

Re: AMBER ALERT: Haleigh Cummings

:lol: I can't stand Geraldo.

I watched a tiny part of that last night and thought the whole scene was just a mess.  Geraldo didn't help with the dramatics either.  But what I thought was funny was right after they cut from the dad being interviewd to the TV studio, the anchors were saying that because of the way this guy chose his words, they assume that he knows where this little girl is.  It was just super dramatic and way out there.

It's a wonder Geraldo hasn't been punched out  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraldo_(TV_series)#Brawl) more often. In the scheme of things, regardless of how suspicious things could appear, he doesn't know shit and has a spectacular way of making things worse for everyone whenever he gets involved in something. He's also overly dramatic and spins things to make them more dramatic. I can't stand him.
    Choices are for one and all; all we are are leaves that fall. That's all.

Last night I was watching Nancy Grace and they we're discussing how Haleigh has Turner's Syndrome. I believe I've seen kids with that before but, I don't see it in her.    I could be wrong. Just seeing what other's thought.  :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

[quote author=Becki link=topic=18568.msg1195658#msg1195658 date=1235477816]
    It's a wonder Geraldo hasn't been punched out  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraldo_(TV_series)#Brawl) more often. In the scheme of things, regardless of how suspicious things could appear, he doesn't know shit and has a spectacular way of making things worse for everyone whenever he gets involved in something. He's also overly dramatic and spins things to make them more dramatic. I can't stand him.
    [/quote]

He got whacked square in the face with a chair on his TV show.  That is better than getting punched out any day 
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

Cadaver dogs have hit on decomposing human scent at a dumpster located about 2/10 of a mile from the family tent.  They are currently going through the dumpster......UGH!
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132315&catid=3
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

Just to update, nothing in the dumpster. The dog handlers say the dogs are trained to find human scents and could have been something as small as a bandaid that the dogs hit on in the dumpster.

[quote author=I_Am_Like_You link=topic=18568.msg1200695#msg1200695 date=1235860450]
    Just to update, nothing in the dumpster. The dog handlers say the dogs are trained to find human scents and could have been something as small as a bandaid that the dogs hit on in the dumpster.
    [/quote]

Or pizza.

SATSUMA, FL (WFLX) - The father of a missing 5-year-old north Florida girl plans to marry his 17-year-old girlfriend.

Putnam County Clerk of Courts Tim Smith says Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin applied for a marriage license Monday in Palatka.

Cummings popped the question to Croslin, who is the last person saw his daughter alive, at a Chili's restaurant.

Because Croslin is only 17, she needed consent of both parents. Croslin's mother says she wanted her daughter to wait until she is 18 to get married, but finally gave her approval because, in her words, people are "trashing' the couple".

No date has been set; however, relatives say, they plan to marry as soon. The marriage license is only good until March 12.

Despite intense searches and hundreds of leads, Haleigh Cummings remains missing.

http://www.wflxfox29.com/Global/story.asp?S=9978859&nav=menu98_3

If I had a missing daughter I wouldn't be thinking about anything else except finding her.

Misty seems like to much of an idiot to mastermind a plan for this kidnapping.  She doesn't seem sad that Haleigh is missing, more of an "oh well" type attitude.  She was almost acting like "well she's missing, and it sucks, but check out my engagement ring!  He proposed to me last night at Chilli's."  Real romantic dude.  Now the father of Haleigh, he seems a little too shady to me.  I know the press is annoying but he seems to be all about avoiding rather than maybe even using the press as a plea to get his daughter back.  And who the hell celebrates the disappearance of their child and gets married?  And Misty the Moron is claiming "this is what Haleigh would have wanted."  No idiot, she would like to be safe, I'm sure. 

I hope they find her soon.  And does anyone else feel like the dad probably hired Misty's criminal cousin to kidnap her, or the fact that she has a criminal cousin seem like a great way to get the focus off of him.

Dad acting shady.... well honestly.... if my kid was missing... after Casy Anthony, and Jon Benet in particular, I'd be real goddamned careful, close mouthed, and seem shady too.
    Law Enforcement sometimes takes an attitude that "It's the Parents" in exclusion to any other possibility. With reporters like Geraldo and Nancy waiting in the wings to crucify you.

Maybe they did it. maybe they didn't...  I don't know.

I do think the engagement was tacky, but maybe his way of showing his support for the girlfriend, and to quell the outrage of  people 2000 miles away, who don't live in the same situations, and choose to judge the relationship.

I have a lot of paranoia about 'acting shady' if something like this ever happens. It's because I read too much of this kind of thing and see how accusatory people can be, I suppose.

I think that we all do things every day that could be seen as suspicious if we would suddenly find ourselves in a circumstance such as this. When the subject comes up I always think about the time that I was working part-time weekends at a convenience store. I had to open on Sunday morning and it's not a job where anyone else will be there to cover for you if you don't show up.

I got up to go to work and my husband hadn't come home from the night before. I called my mother-in-law and asked if he had stayed there because I knew he was going there. She said no and I went to work.  :lol:

I was worried but I felt I had no choice and I didn't know where to begin to look anyway. Turns out he had been arrested for DUI and just didn't bother to call.  :|

Anyway, I always look back on that and think what could have happened had he turned up dead somewhere suspiciously. Everyone would have said, 'Damn, bitch just went to work when her husband was missing. She did it!'
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=18568.msg1211674#msg1211674 date=1236790830]
    I have a lot of paranoia about 'acting shady' if something like this ever happens. It's because I read too much of this kind of thing and see how accusatory people can be, I suppose.

I think that we all do things every day that could be seen as suspicious if we would suddenly find ourselves in a circumstance such as this. When the subject comes up I always think about the time that I was working part-time weekends at a convenience store. I had to open on Sunday morning and it's not a job where anyone else will be there to cover for you if you don't show up.

I got up to go to work and my husband hadn't come home from the night before. I called my mother-in-law and asked if he had stayed there because I knew he was going there. She said no and I went to work.  :lol:

I was worried but I felt I had no choice and I didn't know where to begin to look anyway. Turns out he had been arrested for DUI and just didn't bother to call.  :|

Anyway, I always look back on that and think what could have happened had he turned up dead somewhere suspiciously. Everyone would have said, 'Damn, bitch just went to work when her husband was missing. She did it!'
    [/quote]

Well not knowing where someone is when you finally realize they are missing must be one hell of a traumatic event, especially if it's your own kid.  I don't know many people that would have the emotional strength to just put that on the back burner and ask their underage girlfriend to marry them.  That's what seems the most shadiest out of everything.

[quote author=LilDevil link=topic=18568.msg1211763#msg1211763 date=1236796430]
    Well not knowing where someone is when you finally realize they are missing must be one hell of a traumatic event, especially if it's your own kid.  I don't know many people that would have the emotional strength to just put that on the back burner and ask their underage girlfriend to marry them.  That's what seems the most shadiest out of everything.
    [/quote]

Yeah, when I read about the proposal thing it made my hinkameter go off loud.

[quote author=LilDevil link=topic=18568.msg1211763#msg1211763 date=1236796430]
    [/quote]

Yeah I was just commenting that we all do things that might 'look' suspicious to others. We all know hinky meters don't stand up in court.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=18568.msg1211875#msg1211875 date=1236803485]
    Yeah I was just commenting that we all do things that might 'look' suspicious to others. We all know hinky meters don't stand up in court.
    [/quote]

Very true.  But the difference is when you're husband doesn't come home after a night out with the guys, you figure he probably just slept at a friend's house or something.  Not too worried because he's an adult.  But when you can't find your child for 5 minutes, the panic sets in.  I'm not a mom so I can't verify this 100% but from what other parents have said on these boards, you know when you're child isn't where they are supposed to be.  That's why the dad seems a little suspect to me.  He doesn't show any sign of caring that his child is missing.  Doesn't even seem to be distraught.  What's he worried about?  Marrying his underage girlfriend.  It just strikes a nerve with me that both of them seem so lackadaisical about this little girl's disappearance.

Brianna and I were in a walmart shopping for some clothes for her. I was looking at something and the next time I turned around she was gone. I nearly died. I didn't know what to do, I stayed in the area I was in in case she came back and I kept calling her name. I didn't want to run around the store because maybe she was just hiding somewhere close. I ran to the jewelry counter and cried as i told them my little girl was missing. They immediately announced overhead a 5 year old was missing and what she was wearing. I was ashamed of myself for letting this happen. I felt like every one was looking at me like I was a bad mother. It turns out she wandered into the toy section of the store. She tried to get back to me but couldnt find me. She was hysterical when a worker brought her back to me. Let me tell you we had a good cry in the car and I have never yelled at her like the way I did that day. I couldn't even imagine my daughter to actually be missing. I would not be getting engaged and saying that my daughter would have wanted it (like she is past tense).

If they get married they cannot be made to testify against each other in court, correct?

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=18568.msg1213087#msg1213087 date=1236897313]
    If they get married they cannot be made to testify against each other in court, correct?
    [/quote]

yep. 

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=18568.msg1213087#msg1213087 date=1236897313]
    [/quote]

I think the girlfriend and the father both passed the lie detector. I heard on the news(or was in Nancy Grace?) that the bio mom has secured a lawyer and nobody knows why? Anyone else hear this or read it?

I was wrong, there are exceptions, one being a crime against either parties child.

(1)  A spouse has a privilege during and after the marital relationship to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, communications which were intended to be made in confidence between the spouses while they were husband and wife.

(2)  The privilege may be claimed by either spouse or by the guardian or conservator of a spouse. The authority of a spouse, or guardian or conservator of a spouse, to claim the privilege is presumed in the absence of contrary evidence.

(3)  There is no privilege under this section:

(a)  In a proceeding brought by or on behalf of one spouse against the other spouse.

(b)  In a criminal proceeding in which one spouse is charged with a crime committed at any time against the person or property of the other spouse, or the person or property of a child of either.

(c)  In a criminal proceeding in which the communication is offered in evidence by a defendant-spouse who is one of the spouses between whom the communication was made.

[quote author=Laurie_khikhi link=topic=18568.msg1213108#msg1213108 date=1236899789]
    I think the girlfriend and the father both passed the lie detector. I heard on the news(or was in Nancy Grace?) that the bio mom has secured a lawyer and nobody knows why? Anyone else hear this or read it?
    [/quote]
    Have the police confirmed that they passed the lie detector tests?  My understanding is that they have not confirmed or denied the results.  

I don't read too much into the bio mom getting a lawyer.  It could be simply for the fact that if and when the little girl is found she wants custody.  If I had cameras in my face everyday I would want a lawyer too.  

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=18568.msg1213117#msg1213117 date=1236900153]
    Have the police confirmed that they passed the lie detector tests?  My understanding is that they have not confirmed or denied the results.  

I don't read to much into the bio mom getting a lawyer.  It could be simply for the fact that if and when the little girl is found she wants custody.  If I had cameras in my face everyday I would want a lawyer too.  
    [/quote]

I have no idea if its been confirmed. I will go look though soon. I agree about getting a lawyer. I though there was a press release today or in the past few days about it. I am probably wrong could be another case. Ughhh....I will check soon.

[quote author=Laurie_khikhi link=topic=18568.msg1213108#msg1213108 date=1236899789]
    [/quote]

Bio Mom got a lawyer most likely to look into getting custody of the little brother.  If the household is unsafe (because the sister was abducted), or if the Dad leaves the kids home with an irresponsible teenaged babysitter/fiancee, Bio Mom and her lawyer may try to get the little boy out of the situation.

Bio Mom doesn't currently have custody of either of the kids, though.  Apparently little Haleigh, who has Turner's Syndrome which has made her quite ill in the past, missed dozens of doctor's appointments when she was living with Bio Mom.

I don't follow this story really, but I do follow Caylee Anthony.. and it's all on Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell on HLN, so I end up with the Haleigh info by default.

A nap is only nice when it's a luxury, not a necessity.

Thread Information