Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: AMBER ALERT: Haleigh Cummings

Re: AMBER ALERT: Haleigh Cummings

It must be so cool to live in Florida. That state has become such a freak show lately :lol:

Now it's being said that the dad is 25. I've read comments that people find it ironic that they're searching the local sex offenders when the father should really be on that list himself. How has this managed to escape being a major issue??
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=18568.msg1184861#msg1184861 date=1234561836]
    It must be so cool to live in Florida. That state has become such a freak show lately :lol:

Now it's being said that the dad is 25. I've read comments that people find it ironic that they're searching the local sex offenders when the father should really be on that list himself. How has this managed to escape being a major issue??
    [/quote]

What does his age have to do with anything?

[quote author=Sweetness link=topic=18568.msg1184871#msg1184871 date=1234562239]

[/quote]

Because his fiance is only 17, that is very close to jail bait.

[quote author=Sweetness link=topic=18568.msg1184871#msg1184871 date=1234562239]

[/quote] In the grand scheme of things, nothing. I'm just surprised that the media has jumped all over the fact that he's 25 and the gf is 17.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

Florida

The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits an adult younger than 24 to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.-- (1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose Florida code, Title XLVI, Chapter 794

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Florida

Apparently they aren't having sex. Otherwise, he is a felon. 
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=18568.msg1186048#msg1186048 date=1234674291]
    Florida

The age of consent in Florida is 18, but close in age exemptions exist. By law, the exception permits an adult younger than 24 to engage in legal sexual activity with a minor aged 16 or 17.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.-- (1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose Florida code, Title XLVI, Chapter 794

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America#Florida

Apparently they aren't having sex. Otherwise, he is a felon. 
    [/quote]

Or maybe, they have been together since he was 24 and that somehow makes it okay?

[quote author=Sweetness link=topic=18568.msg1187066#msg1187066 date=1234800467]
    Or maybe, they have been together since he was 24 and that somehow makes it okay?
    [/quote]

Well, that would make sense. I mean, it would seem silly for it to be okay to have sex one day then a felony the next just because he had a birthday. I don't like him, though, so I want it to be a felony, please. 
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=18568.msg1187071#msg1187071 date=1234800975]
    Well, that would make sense. I mean, it would seem silly for it to be okay to have sex one day then a felony the next just because he had a birthday. I don't like him, though, so I want it to be a felony, please. 
    [/quote]

:lol:

That kind of happened to some kids I went to High School with, she was a fresh and he was a senior, well once she got to be a senior her parents didn't want her dating him anymore and called the cops to press charges. The cops basically said that there wasn't much they could do since the couple had been dating so long.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,493629,00.html

Authorities will scale back the hunt for missing Florida girl Haleigh Cummings after extensive searches for the girl turned up no new leads, The Gainesville Sun reported Monday.
    Despite tips and a search involving 250 volunteers — including Texas EquuSearch, a volunteer search group — investigators are baffled about the whereabouts of the 5-year-old.
    "This is frustrating," Chief Deputy Rick Ryan of the Putnam County Sheriff's Department said in a Sunday news conference. "This is not 'CSI.' We can't wrap this up in an hour."
    Ryan told The Sun that the sheriff's office will search two more smaller areas on Monday before ending the ground search.
    Investigators continue to interview family members, their friends and others. Everyone is considered a potential person of interest.
    "The family has been extremely cooperative and happy with our efforts," Chief Deputy Ryan said Saturday.
    Haleigh was discovered missing from her home Tuesday morning by her father's girlfriend, Misty Croslin. The father, Ronald Cummings, said Haleigh had gotten up to use the bathroom, and when she didn't return, Croslin went to look for her and noticed the back door of the mobile home they shared was open.
    Police haven't narrowed down a list of suspects in the case, and they have received more than 350 leads.
    "All the sex offenders [in the area] have been interviewed and their residences have been searched," Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said earlier. "They're cleared as far as us contacting them and speaking to them."
    Cummings and Croslin told FOX News' Greta Van Susteren last week that they both had submitted to polygraphs and "passed" the tests. Sheriff's officials would not release the results.
    Croslin has told different stories to police and the media about what happened, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.
    Police had never been called to the home in the past, but there have been investigations by a social services agency involving Cummings, Croslin and Haleigh and her 4-year-old brother Junior, according to Putnam County Capt. Steve Rose. He wouldn't elaborate.
    John Harrell, spokesman for the northeast region of the Florida Department of Children and Families, said Thursday that his agency "was involved with the family." He wouldn't offer any details, citing state confidentiality laws.
    In addition to Croslin and Cummings, the child's mother, Crystal Sheffield, has been questioned in the case.

Girlfriend's story checked in Fla. abduction case
    Teen may not have been home when girl vanished, police say

PALATKA, Fla. - Investigators searching for a missing 5-year-old northeast Florida girl say they are looking into tips that the 17-year-old girlfriend of the child's father may not have been home when Haleigh Cummings vanished.

In a news conference today, Putnam County Sheriff's Office Capt. Dick Schauland says the information is one of the 1,200 tips that investigators are looking into. He says he doesn't know if it panned out. He says detectives have interviewed family members and girlfriend Misty Croslin several times.

Haleigh vanished nine days ago from her father's doublewide mobile home, just outside the community of Satsuma.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

Croslin says she awoke about 3 a.m. last Tuesday and Haleigh was missing.

Unfortunately this story is getting worse and worse as the days go by.  There are too many inconsistancies and the girl friend's stories are changing from day to day.

I know a lot of us pointed it out in the Caylee thread but why isn't this case being talked about everywhere?  I have seen a bit about it but stupid Nancy Grace continues to focus on Casey and she is behind bars.  Let's change the media focus to this MISSING child.

TODAY'S CURRENT NEWS - February 18, 2009.

Girlfriend Under Investigation In Missing Girl Case
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 – updated: 8:04 am EST February 18, 2009

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News discovered that the Putnam County Sheriff's Office is investigating Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, who claimed that she was at home and sleeping when Haleigh Cummings was taken. But a tip puts the spot light on the 17-year-old girlfriend. The most recent information investigators got was that Ronald Cummings' girlfriend, Misty Croslin, may not have been home when Haleigh disappeared from her Satusum house early last week.

On CNN, Tuesday night, Haleighs paternal grandmother, Terese Neves, spoke out in support of the 17-year-old's story.
    "I believe someone went into the house and took her. I believe they either know my grandchildren and my family or Haleigh's mother's family," said Neves.
    Sheriff's deputies also said they have the pink shirt that Haleigh was thought to be wearing when she disappeared.

Article:
    http://www.wftv.com/news/18738704/detail.html
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

Sheriff's deputies also said they have the pink shirt that Haleigh was thought to be wearing when she disappeared.[/i]

Article:
    http://www.wftv.com/news/18738704/detail.html

Uh oh, that's not a good sign. Not sounding good whatsoever...  :| Hope she's o.k.

Quote Originally Posted by angelicajustice View Post
    I wouldn't fuck her with Ron's dick.

I did see this mentioned on Nancy Grace last night.  Of course it was just in passing.

What happened to Hayleigh?  Did she wander off?  Did someone come in the house and take her?  There are numerous sex offenders living close to her home. Did one of them take her?

I really have a bad feeling.

People like this make it hard for me to be the resident defender of southern white trailer trash.

I think it was the 17 yo all the way... just a gut feeling.

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=18568.msg1190436#msg1190436 date=1235054336]
    People like this make it hard for me to be the resident defender of southern white trailer trash.

I think it was the 17 yo all the way... just a gut feeling.
    [/quote]

I agree with you Mort.  She has been too inconsistant.  Jesus christ she is only a kid herself 
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

Im posting to keep track of this thread.  I hope that she is found unharmed.

just had to comment..
    [quote author=Karalicious link=topic=18568.msg1182852#msg1182852 date=1234444627]
    but it's still kinda disturbing that when this little girl was born her "stepmother" was 12. And the news says that the bio mother and the father were in a bitter custody dispute. I don't know...but I bet someone in the family knows what happened to this little girl.
    [/quote]

:lol: my dad just got married this summer and his new wife is 37 and im 31.  She's 6 and a half years older than me.    When i mention that, my dad's head spins.

I think it has EVERTHING to do with the dad's girlfriend. Either she left Haleigh alone and somebody kidnapped her or she's playing dumb (terrible actress b.t.w.) and knows where she's at, IMO :2upset:

I wanna keep an eye on this one...
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

I saw an interview posted over at Steve Huff's True crime blog site, and Misty looked completely stoned out of her fucking mind.  The grandma did most of the talking.  One pillhead knows another 

I just wonder if she wasn't partying it up with someone who maybe said "hey I'll lock this door on my way out" and didn't, knew that after snorting pills and whatnot, Misty would be OUT.  She could be in the apartment but nodded out, she may as well be out of the apartment anyway.  And that person came back for Haleigh :(

This makes me sad, that little girl looks so sweet, I just want to hug her into bunches

I just heard that Haleigh's family will be having a news conference at 1p.m I was watching CNN. Now they're looking into a cousin who visited. He went back to TN. around the time Haleigh went missing. He has a criminal record

Just watched the news conference.  So this is Misty's cousin that they are talking about.

ugh, I hope he just took her and didn't kill her, if he indeed took her. These cases scare me.  Make me OCD about my locked doors at night. There's one thing to be said for dogs, they'll bark their asses off if someone weird tries coming in when they don't usually come in.  My dogs bark at everyone a little bit, it's a damn good warning to me, and can be a deterrent to weirdos.

I wouldn't worry about your doors. Not from this case anyway. I think someone involved with these people knows what's going on.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=18568.msg1191908#msg1191908 date=1235159983]
    I wouldn't worry about your doors. Not from this case anyway. I think someone involved with these people knows what's going on.
    [/quote]

The mom didn't know a whole lot about anything going on, I saw her on Nancy last night. Something's amiss in that fam for sure.

Fox anchor banned from camp of missing girl's father
    Geraldo Rivera was issued a trespass warning on Saturday

Fox News anchor Geraldo Rivera was issued a trespass warning after a contentious interview with the father of a missing Putnam County girl.

As the search for 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings entered its 13th day, the county was abuzz about the contentious interview with her father Saturday night with Rivera.

Cummings got upset when Rivera said he'd been told by members of Haleigh's mother's family that Cummings hit the child and has said he is 75 percent sure he knows who has her.

Putnam County Sheriff’s deputies arrived on the scene later, and issued Rivera the trespass warning at the request of the two property owners on whose land the Cummings family is camping while their trailer remains closed off as a crime scene.

A trespass warning means Rivera would be arrested if he came back onto the property. Rivera told deputies he understood and stated he would not come back to the address, but declined to sign the trespass warning, according to a sheriff’s office report.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-02-22/story/fox_anchor_banned_from_camp_of_missing_girls_fathe r

Thread Information