Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: AMBER ALERT: Haleigh Cummings

AMBER ALERT: Haleigh Cummings

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/servlet/AmberExternalFCServlet?act=retAmberCase&amberI d=6848

Missing From:  Satsuma, FL
    Missing Date:  02/10/2009 12:00 AM
    Issued for:  Florida: Statewide 
    Contact:  If you have information, please contact Putnam County Sheriff's Office, 386-329-0808, 911
    Circumstances:  Update: Added child's photo The 5 year-old child was last seen in the area of Hermit's Cove in Satsuma, FL. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt and underwear.

Missing Child 
    Name:  Haleigh Cummings
    Alias: 
    Hair Color:  Blnd Eye Color:  Brn
    Skin Color:  Whi Age:  5
    Height:  3' Weight:  39lbs
    Description:  Pink shirt and underwear

Re: AMBER ALERT: Haleigh Cummings

Pink shirt and underwear? Was she taken from her home?
    ask me questions damnit<br />http://www.formspring.me/bama

[quote author=Bama Star link=topic=18568.msg1180610#msg1180610 date=1234296313]
    Pink shirt and underwear? Was she taken from her home?
    [/quote]

Is this a parental abduction? Doesnt it usually say?

[quote author=Laurie_khikhi link=topic=18568.msg1180655#msg1180655 date=1234299709]
    Is this a parental abduction? Doesnt it usually say?
    [/quote]

This site normally does if family have taken them but it doesn't list Haleigh under that-

Endangered Missing Alert: HALEIGH CUMMINGS from SATSUMA FL United States: http://tinyurl.com/cjrr7o

http://twitter.com/missingchildren?page=2

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,490466,00.html

Authorities in northeast Florida are questioning the father of a missing 5-year-old girl who his girlfriend says wasn't in her bed when they checked on her Tuesday morning, police told FOXNews.com.

Putnam County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Jason Nettles said he didn't have information on whether or not Haleigh Cummings' father and girlfriend are suspects in her disappearance.

&quot;I don't know that for sure,&quot; he told FOXNews.com.

But he said he believed they were being questioned by police. The child lived with the couple in Putnam County, Fla.

Investigators were also questioning others in the case, according to Nettles.

An Amber Alert was issued Tuesday for Haleigh, and authorities with dogs were hunting for signs of the girl, who apparently disappeared before dawn.

Haleigh was reported missing after her father's girlfriend told police she discovered the child wasn't in her bed about 3:30 a.m.

The woman said the door to the home was not locked at the time, Nettles said.

Several registered sex offenders reportedly live in the vicinity of the missing girl's home in Satsuma, Fla.

Nettles said he couldn't confirm whether authorities were worried a sex offender might have abducted Haleigh.

&quot;I don't think they've ruled anything out,&quot; he said.

He declined to comment on one report that put the number of registered sex offenders nearby at 25 because he said he didn't know how wide an area was being considered.

Haleigh is 3 feet tall with blond hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt.

Anyone with information about the girl is urged to contact the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at (386) 329-0800 or 911.

Click here for more on this story from MyFOXTampaBay.com.

and another one: http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/02/missing_in_florida_haleigh_cum.php

Thousands are gathering in Orlando or watching TV this morning, remembering Caylee Anthony. In another part of Florida, another child has vanished, and this time there was no one-month delay in reporting the disappearance.

Haleigh Cummings, age 5, was last seen around 10 p.m. Monday night in Satsuma, Florida. Haleigh was staying with her father, Ronald Cummings, and his girlfriend, Misty Croslin. The little girl's father was at work when she vanished. Misty Croslin told police she realized Haleigh was missing around 3 in the morning.

Putnam County officials said there was no sign of forced entry into the house, but they didn't know if all the doors and windows were locked when Haleigh disappeared.

Haleigh is wearing a pink shorts and a tan shirt. She is 3 feet tall, has blond hair, brown eyes and pierced ears.

Details about this disappearance are still trickling in, but CBS47.com reports that &quot;[police] believe Cummings may be endangered.&quot; Authorities are searching in and around the Hermit's Cove area in Satsuma [see map below -- also, the name of the community has been misreported as &quot;Hermus.&quot; The Ocala paper linked in paragraph 2 above states that Haleigh was staying at a home in the Buffalo Bluff neighborhood].

If you have any information pertaining to the whereabouts of Haleigh Cummings, you can call the Putnam County Sheriff: (386) 329-0808 or 1-888-FL-MISSING.

[MissingKids.com, Sun-Sentinel.com]

I will update and/or revise this post as needed.

UPDATE

According to Fox News, both Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin are being questioned in connection with Haleigh's disappearance. Are Cummings and Croslin suspects? Police spokesperson Sgt. Jason Nettles tells Fox &quot;I don't know that for sure.&quot;

Cummings also spoke to Jacksonville's Channel 4. From the article in the preceding link: &quot;Ronald told Channel 4 there is no doubt in his mind that she was abducted and he'll do anything to get her back. [...] Haleigh is afraid of the dark and there's no way she would have gone out in the middle of the night by herself.&quot;

The same report indicated that a 2-year-old child was in the same room as Haleigh. That child was unharmed.

Kidfinders, Josh Duckett
    to help in search for
    missing girl
    Last Edited: Wednesday, 11 Feb 2009, 12:41 PM EST
    Created On: Wednesday, 11 Feb 2009, 12:39 PM EST

SATSUMA, Fla. - The same group of people who helped in the search for missing toddler Caylee Anthony are now lending a hand to help find 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

Joshua Duckett, father of missing toddler Trenton Duckett, has already arrived in Satsuma to help the Cummings family.

A team from Kindfinders Network is also on their way. The team plans to send out mailers to help put Haleigh?s face in the public view. There are already flyers up on houses and cars, giving information about the missing girl.

Detectives from the Putnam County Sheriffs Office said there were child custody issues between the girls mother and father, but there was no indication those issues have anything to do with the girls disappearance.

K-9 units have been on the ground helping scour nearby areas for Haleigh, but so far they have turned up nothing.

Detectives said the screen door at the girls home was propped open and may not have been locked. They questioned an air conditioning repairman earlier that day and he has checked out.

FOX 35 recently learned that the girls father, Ronald, was arrested in 2006 for trespassing after warning. He bonded out on a $504 bail.

A Florida Amber Alert was issued for Haleigh on Tuesday. Authorities believe she was abducted. Haleigh?s family plans to hold their second candelight vigil tonight at 8:30 p.m.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/021109Kidfinders_Josh_Duckett_to_help_in_search_fo r_missing_girl

Police: Missing girl was
    abducted
    Last Edited: Wednesday, 11 Feb 2009, 12:42 PM EST
    Created On: Wednesday, 11 Feb 2009, 10:39 AM EST

Valerie Boey | FOX 35 News
    SATSUMA, Fla. - Putnam County Sheriff's deputies are now calling the case of a missing 5-year-old girl an abduction.

On Wednesday, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the FBI and the Putnam County Sheriff's Office resumed the search for Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings. Deputies say Haleigh was last seen Monday night at 10 p.m. in her mobile home on Green Lane.

According to investigators, Haleigh, her 2-year-old brother and her father's 17-year-old girlfriend, Mistie Croslin, went to bed in the same room. Deputies say Croslin told them that the little girl got up to go to the bathroom around 3:30 a.m.

It was around the same time Haleigh's father, Ronald, got home from work. When they went back into the bedroom they discovered Haleigh was gone. Investigators say the back door was wide open, but won't say if there was any forced entry.

Last night Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield cried in front of the news cameras. &quot;I just want to say bring her back home. Please,&quot; she said.

Haleigh's father Ronald Cummings says his daughter was afraid of the dark and wouldn't wander off by herself. &quot;Somebody stole my child, trust me when I tell you that I know my child,&quot; he said.

Family members spent the night at a candlelight vigil. They say they will continue the vigil until Haleigh returns home.

Today, Haleigh's grandfather Johnny Sheffield told FOX 35 that he was distraught over the disappearance of his granddaughter. He says he does not know much about Ronald's girlfriend, Mistie Croslin, but thinks she is suspicious.

Investigators say Croslin is now with her family. They are not calling her a suspect at this time. Haleigh's grandmother Marie Griffis is also pleading to the public for help. She told FOX 35 that Trenton Duckett's father is assisting in the search, as well as other search teams.

However, Gary Bowling, a spokesperson for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, says right now, they are not asking for volunteers to help. Twenty five law enforcement agencies have assisted so far, including crews from Marion, Flagler and Volusia counties. Deputies say they have questioned 44 sex offenders who live within five miles of Haleigh's home. &quot;This child didn't voluntarily walk out of her home. If she did someone took her,&quot; Bowling said.

Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings is 5-years-old. She is 3 feet tall, weighs 39 lbs, has blonde hair and brown eyes. She was last seen on Green Lane in the Hermit's Cove area of Satsuma. She was wearing a pink shirt and underwear. Anyone with information should call the Putnam County Sheriffs Office at 386-329-0808.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/0211095_Police_missing_girl_abducted

According to John Merchant, a detective with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, police were first notified of the case at about 3:45 a.m. Tuesday, when they received a call from 17-year-old Misty Croslin, girlfriend of Haleigh's father, 24-year-old Ronald Cummings. A partial transcript of that call reads as follows:

Croslin: I just woke up, and my back door was all open, and I can't find my daughter.
    Operator: Can't find what?
    Croslin: My daughter.
    Operator: OK. When did you last see her?
    Croslin: We just like, you know, it was about 10 o'clock. She was sleeping.
    Operator: OK. How old is your daughter?
    Croslin: She's 5.
    Operator: OK. What was she last seen wearing, Ma'am?
    Croslin: She was in her pajamas. She was sleeping.
    Operator: OK. All right, you said your back door was wide open?
    Croslin: Yes, with a brick. Like, there was a brick on the floor. Like, when I went to sleep, the door was not like that.
    Operator: OK. Was your back door locked? Do you know?
    Croslin: Yes. That door always stays locked.

Ronald Cummings then gets on the phone.

Cummings: I just got home from work. My 5-year-old daughter is gone. I need someone to be here now. I'm telling you, if I find whoever has my daughter before you all do, I'm killing him. I don't care. I'll spend the rest of my life in prison.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

Operator: It's OK, sir. We got them on the way.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/02/haleigh-cummings.html

hmm. Interesting. I want to know how old the father is, considering his girlfriend is 17. I know that really doesn't matter, but it's still kinda disturbing that when this little girl was born her &quot;stepmother&quot; was 12. And the news says that the bio mother and the father were in a bitter custody dispute. I don't know...but I bet someone in the family knows what happened to this little girl.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

ok, found it. the father is 24.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

I saw the father on the news.&nbsp; He's guilty.

I saw this story on the Today show this morning for the first time.&nbsp; The parents are so guilty.&nbsp; They interviewed the biological mother and she acted like she was upset and crying, but she didn't shed a single tear.&nbsp; It was all fake.&nbsp; I bet the father has something to do with it too.&nbsp; They are saying there are 44 sex offenders in a 5 mile radius of Haleigh's home.&nbsp; I think the parents are using this fact to make them appear less guilty.&nbsp; And there was no sign of forced entry to the back door that the gf says is always locked.&nbsp; Something doesn't add up.&nbsp; And the mom and dad were estranged and in a custody battle....this screams motive.&nbsp; I hope this little girl is found alive and safe.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=18568.msg1182880#msg1182880 date=1234448846]
    I saw the father on the news.&nbsp; He's guilty.
    [/quote]
    My money is on the &quot;stepmom.&quot;
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=18568.msg1182901#msg1182901 date=1234451147]
    My money is on the &quot;stepmom.&quot;
    [/quote]

I think &quot;stepmom&quot; didn't want to be the mother of a 5 yr old so daddy fixed it.

I don't think she's dead. I think mom had someone take her.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=18568.msg1183449#msg1183449 date=1234470485]
    I don't think she's dead. I think mom had someone take her.
    [/quote]
    I hope you are right.&nbsp; But, I think she's in the river.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Olivia

Misty (the father's girlfriends myspace)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&amp;friendID =412920159

Olivia

The mother's myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&amp;friendID =395122639

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=18568.msg1183560#msg1183560 date=1234474660]
    I hope you are right.&nbsp; But, I think she's in the river.
    [/quote] I don't know. This one is very odd. Apparently the father and girlfriend both took polygraphs and passed. They're saying that the back door is ALWAYS locked (they're pretty adamant about it) but there are no forced signs of entry on the back door, which was open when Misty discovered Haleigh missing. They also said that there's a deadbolt on the back door which is really tight and hard to open so they don't think that Haleigh could have opened it herself. (like if mom were at the back door persuading her to open it or whatever) And apparently Misty and Haleigh were sleeping in the same room &quot;inches&quot; apart.

You know, just when they find Caylee and we have closure on that one, here comes another one.

Amy's taste > Tara's

I agree, something doesn't add up in this story......hope she is alright, but the longer this drags on...well we know how it usually end...sigh....

He's back.....

Celebrity bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, who was also involved in the Anthony case, has offered a $25,000 reward if Haleigh is returned before midnight Saturday. Also, a $5,000 reward for information leading to Haleigh's return is being offered by the Carole Sund/Carrington Foundation out of California.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18707263/detail.html

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=18568.msg1184471#msg1184471 date=1234541431]
    He's back.....

Celebrity bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, who was also involved in the Anthony case, has offered a $25,000 reward if Haleigh is returned before midnight Saturday. Also, a $5,000 reward for information leading to Haleigh's return is being offered by the Carole Sund/Carrington Foundation out of California.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18707263/detail.html
    [/quote]

Would of thought he learnt his lesson last time...

I guess he figured that since the police believe this to be a legitimate abduction (for now) that he can maybe make up some ground..you know, by defending an actual grieving family, as opposed to casey.&nbsp; :|

Amy's taste > Tara's

Not verified......

A local radio DJ &quot;Bubba the Love Sponge&quot;....&nbsp; one of his producers said he got a call from a friend of these people.
    He said Misty had a drug issue, and she had been gone for 3 days, and Haleigh's dad had just picked her up from somewhere, not too long before he went to work.

Thread Information