Missing Since: November 22, 2003 from San Francisco, California
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: April 30, 1974
    Height: 5'4"-5'6"
    Weight: 120 lbs.
    Hair Color: Blonde (bleached)
    Eye Color: Brown
    Race: White
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Pierced ears. Fair complexion.
    Medical Conditions: Ann was depressed at the time of her disappearance.
    Clothing: Possibly wearing a dark blue or green vinyl jacket
    with a "Matt Gonzales" sticker on it, blue jeans, tan ski hat
    Jewelry: Necklace with a shell on it
    NCIC Number: M-843697108
    Case Number: 031386037

Details of Disappearance
    On November 22, 2003, a friend dropped off Ann-Marie Lawrence, 29, at her residence on the 2400 block of Fulton Street, near Stanyan, on that evening. Instead of going into her residence, Lawrence suddenly ran across the street into Golden Gate Park. Neither friends, or relatives who live in Southern California, have heard from her since that time. Lawrence was unemployed at the time of her disappearance, yet there has been no use of her bank accounts since she vanished. Police have not ruled out foul play.

Contact Information:
    Investigative Agency: San Francisco Police Department
    Phone: (415) 558-5508
    Alternate Phone: (415) 553-1071
    Investigative Case #: 031386037
    NCIC #: M-843697108

NCMA PROFILE (http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300966S)

Woman still missing after six weeks
    By Alison Soltau | Staff Writer
    Published on Tuesday, January 13, 2004
    URL: http://www.examiner.com/article/index.cfm/i/010704n_missing
    E-mail this story | Print this page

Ann-Marie Lawrence was grieving the recent death of her mother but was determined to forge a new life in San Francisco, training to become a club DJ and preparing to open a massage-therapy business.

Then, in November, she disappeared -- leaving a promising life in limbo and sending heartbroken friends scouring The City for traces of her.

The vivacious 29-year-old was last seen the night of Nov. 22, when a male acquaintance dropped her off at home after a party.

But instead of entering her home on the 2400 block of Fulton Street, Lawrence abruptly turned and ran into Golden Gate Park, the acquaintance told police.

Inspector Pierre Martinez of the police missing-persons unit said witnesses recounted that Lawrence appeared depressed. She was acting oddly at the party -- possibly, they said, because of grief for her mother, who had tragically died of cancer within the past 12 months.

"She had been in a different frame of mind, very quiet and not herself," Martinez said.

"People who know her say she is usually an upbeat, friendly and outgoing person but it appeared during that stage, she had become paranoid about certain things."

Martinez said Lawrence's bank accounts have not been accessed since she disappeared. Police have not ruled out foul play. Dog, bike and foot patrols searched the park but have come up with no clues.

Lawrence's roommate and longtime friend Dan Fitzgerald noticed a few days later that she was missing, and he alerted police and the woman's family in Southern California.

"There are a lot of people who love her very much, who are not only worried but frantically working around the clock to find out that she is OK," Fitzgerald said.

"If anybody can just let us know she is OK and talk to her, that would be great."

Fitzgerald and a group of friends have trawled through The City's club scene, including Lawrence's favorite house-music hangout, Mission district club Liquid, but no one has seen the missing woman.

Some six weeks into the heartrending search they have plastered The City with flyers bearing her picture and have retraced their steps over all her old haunts, such as The World School of Massage and Holistic Healing, where she trained as a therapist, but to no avail.

"It's very tough," Fitzgerald said.

"It's been a long time. You go out and you catch yourself, and think, 'Is there something I could be doing? Have I given up?'

"I haven't given up, but I don't know what I can do right now."

Ann-Marie Lawrence is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds. She has a fair complexion, brown eyes and bleached blonde hair. Police urge anyone with information on her whereabouts to call Inspector Martinez of the missing-persons unit at 558-5508 during business hours or the Operations Center at 553-1071 at any other time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lawrence_ann-marie.html

http://anthonydomingo.com/am/

Olivia

Re: Ann-Marie Lawrence missing 22nd November 2003

I read about Ann-Marie years ago.  It's just so bizarre!  I spoke with her brother once or twice on email a few years ago

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=18532.msg1178076#msg1178076 date=1234065100]
    I read about Ann-Marie years ago.  It's just so bizarre!  I spoke with her brother once or twice on email a few years ago
    [/quote]

I'd saw her on a website before, always wondered what made her turn into the park instead of going inside. Did you ever talk about that with her brother?

Olivia

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=18532.msg1178394#msg1178394 date=1234107428]
    I'd saw her on a website before, always wondered what made her turn into the park instead of going inside. Did you ever talk about that with her brother?
    [/quote]

If I remember correctly, he has no idea why she went into the park.  I might email him again soon and ask if there are any updates.  I did suggest to him that he make a poster and send it to homeless shelters and drop in centers in case she was living on the streets but I don't know if he did that.

Thread Information