Thread: Missing People with no social media profile?

Olivia

Missing People with no social media profile?

I am making this a sticky so that for now, if you want to discuss people who are missing who don't have a personal myspace etc, you can do it here.

Re: Missing People with no myspace

OMG I LOVE YOU.

I happen to enjoy the older ones.

The charleey project website is down right this second for some reason, but this is from a blog.....

http://charleyross.wordpress.com/2008/12/16/little-charley-ross/

Women, men and moving cars »Little Charley Ross
    By Meaghan
    As this is my first post, I thought I would tell you readers about the little boy the Charley Project is named for. Though he’s all but forgotten today, there was a time when nearly everyone in America knew all about Charley Ross.

His name was Charles Brewster Ross and he was born in 1870 to a respectable middle-class family in Germantown, Pennsylvania. His family called him Charley or occasionally “Little William Penn,” due to his serious manner. On July 1, 1874, two strange men lured four-year-old Charley and his eight-year-old brother, Walter, into their wagon with the promise of candy.  The men drove to a general store, gave Walter some money, and told him to go inside and buy some candy for himself and his brother. When Walter came out again, Charley, the men, and the wagon were gone. Charley was never seen again.

It was a whole different era back then. Whereas nowadays missing children are plastered all over the newspapers and television, abductions were all but unknown, or at least unacknowledged, in 1874. In fact, kidnapping was so rare that it wasn’t even a criminal offense in Pennsylvania at the time of Charley’s abduction. (This very quickly changed.) When Charley’s father, Christian Ross, reported his son’s disappearance to law enforcement, the police were initially unconcerned. They thought the men had probably been drunk and taken Charley on a lark, and would return the boy once they sobered up. They advised Christian to go home and wait and see. It’s hard to imagine law enforcement acting that way today if a four-year-old were abducted by two strange men.

Shortly thereafter, the first of many ransom letters arrived at the Ross house. The kidnappers wanted $20,000, a considerable sum of money for the times. Christian Ross wasn’t so wealthy that he had that sort of cash just lying around, but he could get it. However, on the advice of the police and in tune with his own convictions, he decided not to pay. Christian believed the abductors would probably return his son once they realized they weren’t going to get any money. This was the first big ransom kidnapping in the nation, a test case so to speak, and Christian felt it would set a bad example to pay for his son: that other criminals would catch on to the idea and children would be getting snatched left and right. He also simply thought it was morally wrong to make the abductors profit for their crime. So he dug in his heels. And the abductors dug in theirs.

Walter had gotten a good look at both of the men, and one in particular had a very distinctive appearance (his nose had been eaten away by syphillis), so within a reasonably short time the police knew who they were looking for: two penny-ante criminals named William Mosher and Joseph Douglas. But the cops got nowhere — the men appeared to have vanished. Meanwhile, Christian kept communicating with the kidnappers through newspaper ads and letters, stringing along, hoping they would get caught before they would harm his boy. It became clear pretty quickly that the men weren’t going to give up Charley without being paid. Christian was often tempted to give in and pay the ransom, but though he agonized continually over this he never backed down.

Charley’s abduction was extensively covered in the news. He was basically the Lindbergh baby of the 1800s. As an indication of how famous the little boy was, I will share the following anecdote: in the early 20th century, decades after little Charley’s abduction, some Swedish tourists visited Pennsylvania. They decided to first see Charley’s old house. Then, they would go and see the Liberty Bell.

In December 1874,  the Ross abduction case came to a climax. Mosher and Douglas were shot to death while robbing somebody’s house. Douglas lived long enough to confess: as he lay dying on the floor, he said there was no point in lying anymore and that he and Mosher had kidnapped Charley. He didn’t know Charley’s whereabouts, however: Mosher knew, he said. But Mosher was already dead, and Douglas expired a short time later. Young Walter Ross subsequently viewed the bodies in the morgue and identified them as the abductors.

The case wasn’t over — William Westervelt, an associate of Mosher, would be tried for kidnapping in 1875. Prosecutors alleged he’d been involved in Charley’s abduction, but there was little evidence to support this and Westervelt himself swore he was innocent and didn’t know where Charley was. Even after he was offered immunity from prosecution if he would produce the child alive, he still said he didn’t know anything. He was acquitted of kidnapping, but found guilty of conspiracy and sentenced to six years in prison.

Christian Ross would spend the rest of his life looking for his son. He traveled all over the United States and sometimes even out of the country, checking blond, brown-eyed boys to see if one of them was his. There were so many Charley sightings that Christian actually had to start issuing certificates to the boys he checked, so if someone tried to report them again the boy could prove he’d been checked once already. After Christian’s death, his wife and Walter would carry on the search. But they never found Charley. He would be lost forever.

My thoughts: the kidnappers do not strike me as being particularly ruthless men, or particularly bright. Of course, they cruelly strung along a family for months with promises and threats. But they let Walter go alive, when he’d gotten a good look at them and could (and did) identify them later. The logical thing would be to either take both boys, or to clobber one over the head and leave his body in a ditch. But they let Walter go. I wonder how they got the ransom idea in the first place — both Mosher and Douglas were not-very-successful thieves, impoverished, with criminal records behind them. Hardly criminal masterminds.

I wonder if they would really have deliberately murdered Charley like they said they would. Something — just a feeling — tells me no. That doesn’t mean Charley didn’t die shortly after his abduction, however. Being somewhat in over their heads, Mosher or Douglas could well have accidentally killed the child in a panic. Or, more likely, after his abductors were killed Charley starved to death wherever he was being held. Or perhaps the answer lies in some old churchyard, underneath a vine-covered tombstone carved with another name and a date well into the twentieth century. I simply don’t know.

In any case, Charley’s story has haunted me ever since I read about it some ten years ago, and when I started my database it seemed only right to name it after him. The original missing child. May he rest in peace.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=18440.msg1171290#msg1171290 date=1233479797]
    I am making this a sticky so that for now, if you want to discuss people who are missing who don't have a personal myspace etc, you can do it here.
    [/quote]

Here's one the Olivia sent to me a while ago, that i found really interesting, (hope she doesn't mind me posting it)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/carrisi_ylenia.html (i can't copy and paste this?)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ylenia_Carrisi

Ylenia Maria Sole Carrisi was born in Rome on November 29, 1970, as the eldest daughter of Albano Carrisi and Romina Power. Her maternal grandparents were American actor Tyrone Power and his wife, actress Linda Christian.

Disappearance
    While studying literature in London's King College (receiving the highest marks in her year), she began to entertain the idea of traveling the world solo with nothing but a backpack and her journal. She decided to take a break from studying and returned to Italy where she sold all her belongings in order to pay for the voyage. she began in South America and after having spent a few months in Belize, she decided to leave the day after Christmas, 1993, by bus to New Orleans. Her brother Yari, also an experienced traveller, had incidentally decided to surprise his sister by visiting her that Christmas. He arrived on a rainy 27th of December in the village of Hopkins, going door to door in search for her, only to find that the day before she had hopped on a bus heading to Mexico. Unfortunately he arrived 24 hours too late, for she was already heading to New Orleans, where she disappeared on January 6, 1994.

Ylenia disappeared under mysterious circumstances while visiting New Orleans, Louisiana. She was last seen in the city's French Quarter area sometime during the month. Police efforts to find her did not yield any result. There have been bizarre sightings of her, Elvis-like in the excitement they generate, which are reported frequently in European tabloids, especially in Italy.

At the time of her disappearance, Ylenia was staying in the LeDale Hotel with street musician Alexander Masakela. Masakela was arrested on January 31, but eventually released for lack of evidence to connect him to Ylenia's disappearance.

In relation to her disappearance, a security guard testified that he saw a woman vaguely matching her description jump into the Mississippi River. A Coast Guard search turned up no sign of the young woman's body, which may have been washed out to sea. In any case, it has never been established that the person was in fact Ylenia.

Her mother still believes she's alive while, in November 2006, Albano stated for the first time that he believed the security guard's story.

Olivia found this comment board-

http://elleeseymour.com/2007/07/02/the-missing-ylenia-carrisi/

with this strange comment- Nero says:

March 2nd, 2008 at 3:47 pm
    Everyone knows who she is with and that they are in Stockholm, Sweden. Even Albano knows.
    It seems they want her to be left alone…..so she is protected very well from what i was told.
    Do you not find it strange they where together in New Orleans at the time she went missing . that they where living in the same hotel together. Now they are together in Stockholm….what are you people missing here. THERE IS NO MISSING PERSON.

Olivia

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=18440.msg1171345#msg1171345 date=1233497105]
    Here's one the Olivia sent to me a while ago, that i found really interesting, (hope she doesn't mind me posting it)

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/carrisi_ylenia.html (i can't copy and paste this?)
    [/quote]

Yeah thats the one bad thing about the charley project.  You cant copy and paste

I dont mind at all you posting it

Thanks! I thought it was my laptop for abit.

Another girl thats been missing about 15 years that i have read about-

http://www.webspawner.com/users/glittercot/revellebalmain.html (lots more info at the link)

Circumstances - Revelle was a top model and dancer who was about to return to Japan to take up another dance contract. She was due to meet her friend on the evening of November 5th 1994 but failed to keep the appointment. Her friend last spoke to her by phone at 7:15pm. Police interviewed a 31 year old man who had been with Revelle on the afternoon prior to her disappearance and he said he had driven Revelle to the Red Tomato Inn at 7pm. The following day Revelle's bag, shoes, make up, diary, credit cards and the keys to her flat were found scattered around several Kingsford streets. Revelle has not been since since this time.
    If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Revelle please contact Crimestoppers on 1800 333 000

"Revelle was supposed to catch the 9:30am train from Sydney to Newcastle to meet her mother on Sunday morning 6 November 1994; she was to arrive at 11am.  Revelle wanted to say goodbye to her parents before she left for Brisbane for a 2 week dance rehearsal before leaving for Japan on another 6 month dance contract.  She was due to meet a girlfriend on Saturday evening 5 Nov, 1994 but failed to keep this appointment.  Later that evening she was to meet her boyfriend, but failed to keep this appointment as well.  Her girlfriend last spoke to her by phone at 7:15pm.  A man told Police she was driven from premises at Kingsford, Sydney to the Red Tomato Inn at 7.00pm.  No one from the Inn ever saw her. Revelle has not been seen since this time. 
    Police interviewed the 31 yr old man who had been with Revelle that afternoon and early evening but no charges were ever laid.  Police and the coroner believed she had been murdered.  Detectives questioned the agency's owner and many of her friends. 
    The New South Wales government offered a $100,000 reward which is still current to anyone who could help police in locating her.
    In May '99 John Abernethy, Deputy State Coroner deemed the investigation as an open finding.  Her file will never close until she is found and someone is prosecuted.

As her sister I want to know what happened to her, its been 10½ yrs since her disappearance and I think of her every day, it never leaves my mind.  If you have any information that could help me find her, please contact me at relax700@hotmail.com ."

http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/profile.aspx?Id=1181

Olivia

This is a sad one I read about today.  I found some articles from 2004 that say that they think Bridget might be 'the crier' - a homeless woman who wanders around San Francisco crying and weeping.  I couldnt find any updates though
    Bridget Lee Pendell-Williamson
    Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: December 9, 1996 from Witchita, Kanasas
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: June 12, 1973
    Height: 5'5"
    Weight: 120 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Race: White
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Two scars on forearms
    close to elbow, tattoo of a "yellow rose" on upper thigh,
    tattoo of a "tribal" design around bicep, tattoo of a light
    blue "cat" wearing a pearl neacklace on abdomen.
    Medical Conditions: According to her sister, she was
    addicted to heroin.
    NCIC Number: M-023134376
    Case Number: 03-3128

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of Disappearance
    Pendell-Williamson was following the band Grateful Dead around the country when she disappeared; she had been doing that for several years prior to her disappearance. Her family has not heard from her since late 1996. She is considered endangered due to her failure to contact them. Pendell-Williamson has been known to travel in and between California, Vermont, Oregon, New York and Arizona. She may now be homeless or in a methadone program.

Some agencies state that Pendell-Williamson was last seen in Santa Cruz, California.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/pendell_bridget.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pendell-williamson_bridget.html  - lots more info at this link

The Crier

Thats really touching, if the crier is so well known why hasn't anyone gone too look? Wow and this woman had a child, wonder if they know about their mummy. I also wonder what he sister died off, in feb 2006, age 29. Might have a look,seems like she was the only on wanting to find her to me.

I remember reading about a doe from a grateful dead concert, they know what he looks like but no ones ever claimed him :(

They think the sister died of drugs http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2006/02/11/today's%20stories/16107808.txt

Olivia

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=18440.msg1171352#msg1171352 date=1233499442]
    They think the sister died of drugs http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2006/02/11/today's%20stories/16107808.txt
    [/quote]

Thats so sad.  I found this webpage that Jackie made for her sister

http://www.freewebs.com/bridgetpendell/index.htm

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=18440.msg1171354#msg1171354 date=1233500068]
    Thats so sad.  I found this webpage that Jackie made for her sister

http://www.freewebs.com/bridgetpendell/index.htm
    [/quote]

This makes me thinks she's dead unless she got help-
    She was last known to have been using between 20 and 30 bags of heroin and 2 to 3 grams of cocaine intravenously per day. She had been on methadone in the past and may be again.
    Maybe she got help but didn't go back as her sister was addict too?

It's own shiny sub board, thanks MDS Mike and Olivia  :-D :-D

Olivia

[quote author=Lozz*in*Wonderland link=topic=18440.msg1172284#msg1172284 date=1233608989]
    It's own shiny sub board, thanks MDS Mike and Olivia  :-D :-D
    [/quote]

Wooo hoo!! Thanks Mike

Feel free to start individual threads for anyone you want

this one came to me in a myspace bulletin, I searched and didn't see if anyone had posted it before...

http://www.bigcatdesigns.com/amber/amber.htm

that's a weird missing persons site.

"She is an avid reader, good with electronics and computers, loves wolves and collects them, and, she takes time to text with her Grandmom.

She is an excellent horsewoman, a good student and artist, and believes in God."

How will any of this info help people find her?
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

lol Kara, that's what I thought about too, like how is that relevant to her disappearance. The site had good links though, I spent quite a bit of time reading about missing kids yesterday, so sad.

Good idea, but it's better to use separate section for adult and children.

Not many people go on their myspaces..they kept changing it. I do have like 5 (don't ask me why cause I do not know why I made so many) I am also on Facebook, Twitter,Tumblr , My Boomer place(sorta a baby boomer's version of myspace ) a Bebo profile, youtube channel profile..I could go on .

Thread Information