Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: US woman gives birth to octuplets all are doing very well'

the color nine

Re: US woman gives birth to octuplets all are doing very well'

What would this show be called?  17 and Starving or Single and Stupid or Sense I Has None or Help Me Afford My Stupidity?

Sense I Has None or Help Me Afford My Stupidity  FTW

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=18370.msg1169648#msg1169648 date=1233322791]
    Dr James Grifo, professor of obstetrics and gynaecology at the New York University School of Medicine, added: "I don’t think it's our job to tell them how many babies they’re allowed to have. I am not a policeman for reproduction in the United States. My role is to educate patients."
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5618449.ece
    [/quote]
    Gahh.  This is the same medical system where a woman can't get her tubes tied because she's not ready to make that decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

did anyone notice this part?
    Quote Originally Posted by the grandfather
    "We have a huge house, not here," said the man, who would only identify himself as Ed. "You are never going to know where it is."
    I thought it was pretty funny.
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

[quote author=okac link=topic=18370.msg1169925#msg1169925 date=1233341628]
    did anyone notice this part?I thought it was pretty funny.
    [/quote]

It's make believe.  8-)

FTR, I do like Jon & Kate plus 8.  It drew me in a month or so ago.

That said...I find this situation pretty appalling. There's two stories going around.  One, she is a single mother, living at home with her parents, taking fertility drugs.  Story two, says she has a husband who is due to go off to Iraq soon.

Either way though, the kids under 7?  And if she IS a single parent?  Living in a small house, all of them?  That's just not right.  I go visit my in-laws and if my brother has his kids (3 of them), and we have ours (2) it's a madhouse, a literal madhouse.

And I'm with Emmieslost about overpopulation.  I think the U.S. has a problem with this, and this is just not..right.  So, people will donate, and these people will get a show, a new house, yada yada.  It pisses me off, cos there's single parent families, with ONE child who cannot make it.  I don't see them getting much for donations, and rushes for tv shows :(

the color nine

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=18370.msg1169950#msg1169950 date=1233342722]
    FTR, I do like Jon & Kate plus 8.  It drew me in a month or so ago.

That said...I find this situation pretty appalling. There's two stories going around.  One, she is a single mother, living at home with her parents, taking fertility drugs.  Story two, says she has a husband who is due to go off to Iraq soon.

Either way though, the kids under 7?  And if she IS a single parent?  Living in a small house, all of them?  That's just not right.  I go visit my in-laws and if my brother has his kids (3 of them), and we have ours (2) it's a madhouse, a literal madhouse.

And I'm with Emmieslost about overpopulation.  I think the U.S. has a problem with this, and this is just not..right.  So, people will donate, and these people will get a show, a new house, yada yada.  It pisses me off, cos there's single parent families, with ONE child who cannot make it.  I don't see them getting much for donations, and rushes for tv shows :(
    [/quote]

The one story is quoting the mother of the woman who states her husband is going to Iraq for contract work.  So, the grandfather?

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=18370.msg1169958#msg1169958 date=1233343111]

The one story is quoting the mother of the woman who states her husband is going to Iraq for contract work.  So, the grandfather?
    [/quote]

Perhaps.  It seems there's a bit of back peddling since the story first broke.

He's probably going to Iraq to get the hell out of that madhouse  :lol:

the color nine

Or maybe six months ago she was married.  :lol:

From what I understand it is the grandfather going to Iraq.

I understand that no one can tell someone how many children to have but this is just absurd.  The only reason I can see for the woman doing this is for oppurtunity to become the next TLC family.
    I hate to sound judgemental because I don't know this woman's story.  Doesn't IVF cost a lot of money?  Personally, I would need to have total financial security, single or married to keep having children.  Money isn't everything but besides the basic food, shelter, clothing I would need and want full time nanaies to make sure each child was getting hugged and snuggled with enough, a full time chef to insure they are all eating a balanced diet, a bus driver to shuttle all the kids to all their daily activities, a couple of full time maids to do laundry and clean and all becasue I would want to spend as much time as possible with my 8934 kids.
    I think it's ridiculous and don't see how you effectively parent so many children without endless resources. 
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

I think one day there will come a time when there will have to be restrictions on how many babies people can have.  The earth has a finite amount of resources to sustain us, and that limit will eventually be reached unless the population is held in check.  Nature helps us out with part of it, but not enough to keep us from growing in numbers.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve. - Jello Biafra

the color nine

[quote author=Evolved1 link=topic=18370.msg1170052#msg1170052 date=1233346533]
    I think one day there will come a time when there will have to be restrictions on how many babies people can have.  The earth has a finite amount of resources to sustain us, and that limit will eventually be reached unless the population is held in check.  Nature helps us out with part of it, but not enough to keep us from growing in numbers.
    [/quote]

Progress to be China?  That will never happen.  We would first have to give up the fertility treatments, the idea of cloning and the fight against aging.  The natural way to curb over population is death and science is fighting that.  You need the young work, create and manage.  There will probably be a lottery system....It's PEOPLE!  Soylent Green is People!

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=18370.msg1170085#msg1170085 date=1233349505]

Progress to be China?  That will never happen.  We would first have to give up the fertility treatments, the idea of cloning and the fight against aging.  The natural way to curb over population is death and science is fighting that.  You need the young work, create and manage.  There will probably be a lottery system....It's PEOPLE!  Soylent Green is People!
    [/quote]

I had to look up Soylent Green.  That's funny.

We will also have to take away these huge tax credits that people get for having kids.  This family will probably get $1,500 a kid.  That's $21,000!  We should get money for NOT having kids.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve. - Jello Biafra

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=18370.msg1170085#msg1170085 date=1233349505]

[/quote]Meh.  There will be some huge epidemic that kills 1/2 the population of the earth and we can start all over again. 
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

the color nine

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=18370.msg1170244#msg1170244 date=1233358796]
    Meh.  There will be some huge epidemic that kills 1/2 the population of the earth and we can start all over again. 
    [/quote]

But first we will sanitize and eat that 1/2. 

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=18370.msg1170253#msg1170253 date=1233359646]
    But first we will sanitize and eat that 1/2. 
    [/quote]
    Waste not. Want not.

the color nine

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=18370.msg1170254#msg1170254 date=1233359678]
    Waste not. Want not.
    [/quote]

Exactly!

I just heard Paul Harvey's "the rest of the story" on this.

They already had six kids? 

And were on fertility meds?

And have eight more?

These two parents might be some of the worst sociopaths in our country...WTF!?!?!? 

I am abjectly disgusted.

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=18370.msg1170340#msg1170340 date=1233363800]
    I just heard Paul Harvey's "the rest of the story" on this.

They already had six kids? 

And were on fertility meds?

And have eight more?

These two parents might be some of the worst sociopaths in our country...WTF!?!?!? 

I am abjectly disgusted.
    [/quote]

Honey Bunny........ooppppsss.......I mean Sweetie Squirrel it is NOT THEY or PARENTS

I didn't know Paul Harvey was still around.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

I'm like you Tink.  I thought Paul was dead.  He has got to be what 80?

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=18370.msg1170366#msg1170366 date=1233364934]
    Honey Bunny........ooppppsss.......I mean Sweetie Squirrel it is NOT THEY or PARENTS

I didn't know Paul Harvey was still around.
    [/quote]

Wait?  Huh?

And I am not sure if Paul Harvey is still around, but I used to hear him on occasion back home.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,485924,00.html
    Reports are circulating that cast an unflattering light on the miracle mom who gave birth to octuplets in California Monday.

CBS News reported Friday that the mother of eight newborns, who already had six children, filed for bankruptcy and abandoned her home less than two years ago. She hasn't been identified publicly yet, though CBS News described her as a woman in her 30s who lives with her parents.

The woman's mother revealed to the Los Angeles Times that her daughter already had six children before seeking fertility treatment, though she had no idea she would become pregnant with so many babies.

Britain's Sun newspaper reported that the mother works in a fertility clinic. The grandmother said she had multiple embryos implanted last year and declined to abort any of them.

The hospital, Kaiser Permanente in Bellflower, Calif., did not release the mother's name, but the Sun, without citing sources, identified her as 33-year-old Nadya Suleman. She does not appear to have a husband.

CBS News reported that the woman's father is Iraqi and is heading back to his native country to earn money for the growing family.

The babies were born nine weeks premature, adding to their health risks, the Associated Press reported. Because of the risks, doctors generally advise against births with so many multiples — though the decision is left up to the mother.

Stress comes along with any pregnancy, but giving birth to octuplets could be overwhelming, according to Dr. Charles Sophy, medical director of Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services,

"Any new parent is going to be under stress and multiple that by 8, it's a lot of stress," Sophy told FOXNews.com. "Hopefully the upfront work and due diligence was done."

Sophy said the most pressing concern for Suleman should be getting the youngsters on a schedule.

"Eating, sleeping and bathing are the key areas to get scheduled," he said. "The same goes for mom and dad. Parents need to make sure they're whole or else they won't be valuable to their children."

Sophy said the expense of raising 14 children will likely be prohibitive, citing studies that estimate it costs roughly $2.5 million to raise a child to adulthood. Using that math, raising 14 children would cost roughly $35 million.

"And that's basic stuff," he said. "That doesn't include swimming lessons and things like that. It's very costly and hopefully the planning that needs to be done was done upfront."

Sophy continued, "14 is a large number of children, so yes, it'll be 14 times the stress."

Dr. Manny Alvarez, managing editor of foxnewshealth.com, wrote that the pregnancy could have easily resulted in serious complications, including prematurity, the most common complication for multiple pregnancies.

"There are also a number of maternal complications that can arise from multiple pregnancies like high blood pressure, diabetes and significant post-partum bleeding," Alvarez wrote.
    checked for a myspace, didnt find one
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

THERE IS NO HUSBAND?
    okay I thought the guy on True Life had it bad with triplets and twins.
    she wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=18370.msg1170374#msg1170374 date=1233365113]
    I'm like you Tink.  I thought Paul was dead.  He has got to be what 80?
    [/quote]90. born September 4, 1918 and still working. http://www.paulharvey.com/index.aspx?id=3193

I couldn't take care of one newborn, let alone eight. Holy crap.

Thread Information