Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So what's in it for you?

Re: So what's in it for you?

[quote author=Chauncy link=topic=18209.msg1155414#msg1155414 date=1232309155]

Also, I've boned 3 members, so it's good to establish out of state contacts.
    [/quote]

Hell, I am going to top that at one meetup...

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=18209.msg1155394#msg1155394 date=1232308248]
    Thats all you have to say?!?!?!   :lol:

No, its not.  When they bury a nut they tap the ground back over it.  It is very cute to see in person.  Generally though, the ones I fed just chowed down right at the feeder and did not do a lot of burying.
    [/quote]

I live in the city and ALL baby squirrels have no fear! The come in my house and climb on the kids. I have to pick these things up and put them outside! I cant wait until the summer again!

on topic for me:

I came here first because of a friends death. I googled it and found MDS.  I am not that talkative but have met a bunch of nice people. There isnt much that would make me leave even if I ended up in the middle of an MDS scandal! (which wouldn't happen because I say NOTHING to anyone I wouldn't say to them)

Plus the babies! I want to buy all the babies something! They are sweet!

I think the people on this website are pretty interesting.  Haha plus, everyone always goes gah-gah over my animals in the pets thread.  I know the site is supposed to be about the "human" deaths, but when one of my pets died, everyone on the pets thread was SO nice, and SO supportive.  More than the people who actually know me in real life.  I find a lot of the threads amusing as well.

My Stats..... up to the last reset anyway, but you get the idea.

Article Discussion  675
    Removed Topics         224
    Members Board         212
    MyDeathSpace.com 141
    General Off Topic 117
    News / Current Events 94
    Hate Mail Section 81
    Non MDS Deaths         73
    Weird and Bizarre 71
    Jibber Jabber         64

I'm one of the death thread people, Jibber Jabber not so much. I guess I have a morbid fascination.

I stayed for a few reasons,
    First of all it was the wit and intelligence, and irreverence of the place. When I joined almost 2 years ago, it was a little different.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
    There were few rules, and there were quite a few interesting threads...  Noobs caught HELL    and no one without a sense of humor, and intelligence survived long. It's multicultural, multi-political, and international.
    I learned a few things along the way, and was amazed that the person who most often shared my point of view would be a black guy from New York City.
    I miss the some old guys that have gone, some not so much.

The forum has changed, it's more public friendly, and the death articles are more sacrosanct than they used to be. I understand why it changed. When that Va Tech shooting happened, we got flooded. I swear we would uncover information, and 5 minutes later CNN would broadcast it.  I think MDS could be on it's way to being a cultural icon. I'm proud to have been a part of it, and hope to contribute more in the future. Mike has always been damn decent to me, allowed me to advertise my work, and websites, and always answered any question I've ever asked. I don't always agree with some of the executive decisions, but it's his site, and it's done pretty well so far. 

Oh yeah... I dig Australian Chicks

General Off Topic  1321
    Members Board         1310
    Removed Topics         652
    NSFW                 477
    News / Current Events 468
    Article Discussion 285
    Jibber Jabber         266
    Movies, Music and TV 173
    Non MDS Deaths         137
    Weird and Bizarre 97

I stay because I like the abuse.  :oops:

I love this thread...
    I often ask myself what is the intensity of the draw for me here ( not in a snarky way) This is the first forum I can say I genuinely haunt - since back in the preforum days.
    I think the amazing people here and the intelligent banter keep me coming back. I have formed friendships, and genuinely some of you guys are the most amazing brave and compassionate people Ive ever met.
    I love that I can get outside my bubble, and the differing perspectives and intelligent discussion make me more informed and open minded in my real life.
    Plus, you morbid fucks are twisted and share my demented worldview...one that not many of my IRL friends ( amazing as they are) really GET. Here are other freaks that will analyze real life or death issues without being sanctimonious or trite.
    And you are a funny bunch of sickos too :oops:
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Article Discussion 288
    General Off Topic 120
    Additional Information Needed  117
    Removed Topics 115
    Jibber Jabber 91
    Members Board 68
    Movies, Music and TV  58
    Non MDS Deaths 35
    News / Current Events 26
    MyDeathSpace.com 18

Why do I have so many in "removed topics"  :? Stuff in Additional Info that got removed I guess.

As much as I love my friends IRL, I don't get to have too much intelligent conversations.  :lol:
    The people here are come all different backgrounds, lifestyles, ages, countries even but you all share [well most  :lol: ] intelligence.
    I learn something new here everyday, have good debates, and stay up to date on current topics.
    I get to see the breaking news pretty much immediately here  :lol:

I take brief breaks every so often, a few weeks here and there, because honestly sometimes the stuff I read really gets me down. Sometimes I just need to forget what an evil place the world is, but I always come back because there are some amazing people posting, people that I can really learn from!

Jibber Jabber  156
    Article Discussion  120
    General Off Topic  85
    NSFW  50
    Movies, Music and TV  49
    News / Current Events  49
    Non MDS Deaths  38
    Members Board  37
    Weird and Bizarre  31
    Removed Topics  27
    ask me questions damnit<br />http://www.formspring.me/bama

[quote author=Bama Star link=topic=18209.msg1155765#msg1155765 date=1232328076]
    As much as I love my friends IRL, I don't get to have too much intelligent conversations.&nbsp; :lol:
    The people here are come all different backgrounds, lifestyles, ages, countries even but you all share [well most&nbsp; :lol: ] intelligence.
    I learn something new here everyday, have good debates, and stay up to date on current topics.
    I get to see the breaking news pretty much immediately here&nbsp; :lol:

I take brief breaks every so often, a few weeks here and there, because honestly sometimes the stuff I read really gets me down. Sometimes I just need to forget what an evil place the world is, but I always come back because there are some amazing people posting, people that I can really learn from!

Jibber Jabber&nbsp; 156
    Article Discussion&nbsp; 120
    General Off Topic&nbsp; 85
    NSFW&nbsp; 50
    Movies, Music and TV&nbsp; 49
    News / Current Events&nbsp; 49
    Non MDS Deaths&nbsp; 38
    Members Board&nbsp; 37
    Weird and Bizarre&nbsp; 31
    Removed Topics&nbsp; 27

[/quote]

This is very true! Whether it be a celebrity death, school shooting, plane crash, etc. it's always here. It's like a central hub for all the latest news.

NSFW&nbsp; 215
    General Off Topic 136
    News / Current Events 76
    Article Discussion 40
    Jibber Jabber 23
    Non MDS Deaths 20
    MyDeathSpace.com 8
    Videos 6
    Movies, Music and TV 6
    Video Games 4

I like posting and viewing photos and hang out in all of the photo threads. This place lets me post some good/weird/sick stuff, but not sick enough where it turns into something that makes me want to barf.

This place is down to earth, but doesn't go too far. I like that.
    "God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.” - Calvin & Hobbes (God's favorite comic strip)

General Off Topic&nbsp; 545
    NSFW 545
    Article Discussion 368
    Jibber Jabber 273
    Hate Mail Section 217
    News / Current Events 194
    MyDeathSpace.com 100
    Movies, Music and TV 99
    Non MDS Deaths 81
    Weird and Bizarre 67
    <br />The best thing happened. A guy was butchering Conway Twitty at Karaoke and the power went off in the bar. Someone shouted you pissed Jesus off when you messed with Conway!

Hmm.

General Off Topic 399
    NSFW 367
    Members Board 351
    Removed Topics 280
    Article Discussion 100
    News / Current Events 83
    Jibber Jabber 78
    Weird and Bizarre 46
    Non MDS Deaths 39
    Movies, Music and TV 32

But don't just post your stats folks. &nbsp;I wanna know what motivates you. &nbsp;What compels you to keep coming back. &nbsp;Some of us have spent many days of our lives on here. &nbsp;For me, its something like 80 days. &nbsp;And I'm not one of those people that logs in and comes back some hours later. &nbsp;I couldn't if I wanted to -- my crappy Toshiba laptop shuts off from overheating ever few hours for sure. &nbsp; :lol:

Talk to me about your feelings. &nbsp;Especially those of you that take breaks -- why do you come back? &nbsp;I can't not. &nbsp;Its seriously like a compulsion. &nbsp;What are people doing? &nbsp;How did 'so and so' make out with a particular issue? &nbsp;Is 'so and so' still tarting out?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Kara called me out in my karma log as a crazy sociologist.
    Joe had pretty much said the same thing about this thread.
    Bitches.&nbsp; They know me.

:lol: :lol:

Peavey... get...out...of.... my....&nbsp; HEAD!!!!!&nbsp; &nbsp; :2angry:

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=18209.msg1155849#msg1155849 date=1232334205]
    Peavey... get...out...of.... my....&nbsp; HEAD!!!!!&nbsp; &nbsp; :2angry:
    [/quote]

Sorry, Mortis.
    You might want to get on Mike about that ignore feature we've all dreamed about&nbsp; :oops:

[quote author=moosella link=topic=18209.msg1155784#msg1155784 date=1232328915]
    This is very true! Whether it be a celebrity death, school shooting, plane crash, etc. it's always here. It's like a central hub for all the latest news.
    [/quote]

thats because people here have an infactuation with posting breaking news first hahahah
    I used to try but someone alllllways beat me to it - i always hated when that one smart ass would post &quot;hey moron, there's already a thread about this in...&quot;

it was almost always Amy.

I also stay for the supreme fail search feature.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=18209.msg1155842#msg1155842 date=1232333951]
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Kara called me out in my karma log as a crazy sociologist.
    Joe had pretty much said the same thing about this thread.
    Bitches.&nbsp; They know me.

:lol: :lol:
    [/quote]

are we just subjects in an experiment to you&nbsp;

:lol: :kiss3:

i came here because i googled something, and MDS popped up.&nbsp; i actually had this happen a few times before, and checked out the articles, but never knew there was a forum.&nbsp; i lurked for a week or 2 in september, then i signed up.

i've spent half of the time i've been here *band*.&nbsp; the other half, i spent making a few really good friends, people i'm thankful to have in my life.&nbsp;
    the reason i came back after each banning?&nbsp; even though i've had a bumpy ride here, i've learned to appreciate almost everyone on MDS in one way or another.&nbsp; there are so many unique personalities here, and i find it interesting to learn new ways of thinking, of seeing things.&nbsp;
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=18209.msg1155860#msg1155860 date=1232334895]

i came here because i googled something, and MDS popped up.&nbsp; i actually had this happen a few times before, and checked out the articles, but never knew there was a forum.&nbsp; i lurked for a week or 2 in september, then i signed up.

i've spent half of the time i've been here *band*.&nbsp; the other half, i spent making a few really good friends, people i'm thankful to have in my life.&nbsp;
    the reason i came back after each banning?&nbsp; even though i've had a bumpy ride here, i've learned to appreciate almost everyone on MDS in one way or another.&nbsp; there are so many unique personalities here, and i find it interesting to learn new ways of thinking, of seeing things.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

:lol: I was on one of my breaks when you came so I missed all your dramaz I guess, I didn't know you were band so much.&nbsp; :lol:
    ask me questions damnit<br />http://www.formspring.me/bama

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=18209.msg1155860#msg1155860 date=1232334895]

[/quote]

I can't say no, because I've been trained at the doctoral level as a sociologist.
    I can say that my dissertation, which takes all of my free time, has nothing to do with MDS.
    I guess the questions I ask are just sociological at this point. &nbsp;I want to know about social motivations. &nbsp;
    We've all got 'em, I just want to know what they are &nbsp;:oops:

[quote author=Bama Star link=topic=18209.msg1155866#msg1155866 date=1232335051]
    :lol: I was on one of my breaks when you came so I missed all your dramaz I guess, I didn't know you were band so much.&nbsp; :lol:

[/quote]

i honestly dont know how many times i've been band.&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; the last time MDS mike band me for 100 days, but he was nice enough to lift it after 3 weeks.&nbsp; :oops:&nbsp; mike and deeply_shaded usually let me know when i'm getting out of control though.&nbsp; :oops:
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

I am a karma whore. I get a thrill every time someone gives me a good karma raise. When I get smited, I die a little inside, and then I get defensive and piss and moan like a little girl. I hide in my apartment for three days and pig out on Milky Ways and then I bitch that I'm getting fat. I then remember to stop taking my roommate's hormone pills and I stop acting like a woman and I return to normal...
    "God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die.” - Calvin & Hobbes (God's favorite comic strip)

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=18209.msg1155238#msg1155238 date=1232299559]
    I know we have a thread about how you found MDS, but riddle me this -- Why do you stay?

Lay it out for me.&nbsp; What keeps you coming back?&nbsp; So few people actively contribute to the death threads (self included).
    I'm just wonder what MDS does for you that keeps you here.

Of course, the deaths brought me here.&nbsp; I was fascinated from the LiveJournal days.&nbsp; For me, though, I've stayed because I've met some extremely interesting people.&nbsp; I've had an outlet to discuss contemporary affairs, social issues, politics, and pop culture with people of very divergent opinions.&nbsp; I genuinely grew to care about specific people and their lives.

Share with me....
    [/quote]

being in a room with people to discuss &quot;nothing&quot; .. is the only reason I keep coming back. I'm stuck in an office by myself most of my day , and my husband works the night shift. Sometimes I don't feel like chatting on the phone with a friend. I rahter be here and ramble on about &quot;nothing&quot; and hear other &quot;anythings&quot;. It's the side of me that enjoys human contact. Plus I like learning about other point of views on subjects, ideas etc.

&quot;what's in it for you&quot; that sounds like a line in a song.
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=7606.msg1221694#msg1221694 date=1237710360]<br /> She is in the death queue.<br />[/quote]<br />You got me all wrong.

[quote author=radman link=topic=18209.msg1155892#msg1155892 date=1232335948]
    I am a karma whore. I get a thrill every time someone gives me a good karma raise. When I get smited, I die a little inside, and then I get defensive and piss and moan like a little girl. I hide in my apartment for three days and pig out on Milky Ways and then I bitch that I'm getting fat. I then remember to stop taking my roommate's hormone pills and I stop acting like a woman and I return to normal...
    [/quote]

are you saying thats how all women act?&nbsp; my smiting finger is getting mighty itchy... :lol:

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=18209.msg1155898#msg1155898 date=1232336197]
    are you saying thats how all women act?&nbsp; my smiting finger is getting mighty itchy... :lol:
    [/quote]

No, that's how guys who take female hormones act.

Thread Information