Thread: Re: Death Discussion Board

Re: Death Discussion Board

Ask Joel.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=2646.msg93533#msg93533 date=1162276248]
    Ask Joel.
    [/quote]

Damnit!

[quote author=budweiserdrinker link=topic=2646.msg92102#msg92102 date=1162172982]
    Would it be possbile to split the death discussion into mini-boards?

I.E.

Death Discussion
    -Suicides
    -Auto-Related Deaths
    -Natural Casues
    -Overdoses
    -Murdered
    etc. etc.

With so many deaths being posted it's getting hard to wade through all of the threads in the death discussion.

[/quote]

That's what I said here - pretty much...http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=1379.0

the color nine

Good idea!  I would like a catagory to be unsolved murders or those murders/murderers that are at large or in jail with trials awaiting.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=2646.msg99317#msg99317 date=1162789151]
    Good idea!Â* I would like a catagory to be unsolved murders or those murders/murderers that are at large or in jail with trials awaiting.
    [/quote]

youre not askin for much, now are ya? 
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

In his type of forum, childboards can be created under childboards. On my forum, (it's the same, SMF) there are boards under boards under boards. I think it can be as many levels deep as is desired. the color nine's idea would def. work :)

And moving the threads shouldn't be that big of a project. The moderator or admin can use checkboxes (which they can set up in their profiles - I believe under look and layout options - it says 'Show quick-moderation on message index as' [dropdown menu] ) and move a bunch of threads at once to the applicable board/category.

ETA: Merging duplicate threads would probably also help out some. Said that somewhere too.

[quote author=beyondpain link=topic=2646.msg100081#msg100081 date=1162857659]
    In his type of forum, childboards can be created under childboards. On my forum, (it's the same, SMF) there are boards under boards under boards. I think it can be as many levels deep as is desired. the color nine's idea would def. work :)

And moving the threads shouldn't be that big of a project. The moderator or admin can use checkboxes (which they can set up in their profiles - I believe under look and layout options - it says 'Show quick-moderation on message index as' [dropdown menu] ) and move a bunch of threads at once to the applicable board/category.

ETA: Merging duplicate threads would probably also help out some. Said that somewhere too.
    [/quote]

Yeah I am sure that the Mods and Admin know how to do some of this stuff.  I sent the link to J, but I guess he didn't like the idea, or doesn't want to make the changes.    Thanks J!  I love you too!

Thread Information