Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The body of Britney Galindez (17) was found floating in Lake Ballinger

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    i was 17 almost 18 they didnt take me to juv i went straight to county.. they had nothing against the killer or any of the other ones... after spending a year in county before roberts trial they dropped the murder charges to rendering criminal assist .. they wanted me to take a plea since they couldnt get me for the murder... if i took the plea they were giving 1 year one day in prison... denied the plea and they had to dropp the charges... let me out on house arrest for couple months... then i was free
    So you spent a year in jail for WITNESSING a murder??? Not sure I understand what happened here. Did you accept the plea or not? Because how can they let you out on house arrest if you haven't been convicted of anything?

Also, what has your life been like since then? Did the murder change anything? Have you stayed out of trouble? Are you still running with a rough crowd? Do you have children of your own now? Questions.... I got 'em (thanks in advance for answering them).
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

next

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    So you spent a year in jail for WITNESSING a murder??? Not sure I understand what happened here. Did you accept the plea or not? Because how can they let you out on house arrest if you haven't been convicted of anything?

Also, what has your life been like since then? Did the murder change anything? Have you stayed out of trouble? Are you still running with a rough crowd? Do you have children of your own now? Questions.... I got 'em (thanks in advance for answering them).
    i didnt accept the plea... they put me on house arrest because they were scared i was going to leave the country they were basically forcing me to go to trial and give my statement but trial never came thats when it all ended.

i finished school and i work now.. i stay out of trouble i do... i dont run with ppl like that anymore...i go to church and i go to diff states twice a year as voluntary helping ppl that are drugaddicted or that have been in jail for long time..

they were scared of me leaving the country because i did it once... when it all happened

i finished school and i work now.. i stay out of trouble i do... i dont run with ppl like that anymore...i go to church and i go to diff states twice a year as voluntary helping ppl that are drugaddicted or that have been in jail for long time..
    Thanks for answering, Jhonny. I don't pretend to know how I would react if I witnessed a murder, especially at seventeen. I thought I was immortal and had all the answers at that age; but in hindsight I realize how vulnerable and unprepared I was for adulthood. This entire event was a textbook example of poor choices having dire consequences and it's tragic on many levels. Gang involvement, drugs, alcohol, and the follies of youth; this was never going to end well. In the end, a young girl lost her life and many lives were changed forever.

I don't know about the others who were there that night, but against all odds, you seem to have survived and thrived. You've turned your life around, and you're a productive and contributing member of society - perhaps the only positive thing to emerge from this horrible tragedy, so kudos for that. But why do you think you were able to turn your life around when so many can't? What do you think was the biggest factor in your success? Family? Faith? Belief in yourself? When you do your volunteer work, what do you tell them?

Also, do you know what happened to others who were there that night? Are all of them still alive? Have any of the others turned their lives around? I know Robert served time. Do you know if he has stayed clean?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    This jhonny guy is probably some 14 year old kid, the way he types.
    This or joining a gang like a total dipshit. I'm inclined to think a gang doesn't care that this guy writes and speaks at a 5th grade level and being the coward who watched a girl get murdered is probably a bonus to them .

This twat is trolling and nothing more .

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmIAnnoying View Post
    This or joining a gang like a total dipshit. I'm inclined to think a gang doesn't care that this guy writes and speaks at a 5th grade level and being the coward who watched a girl get murdered is probably a bonus to them .

This twat is trolling and nothing more .
    I love Tish for her acceptance and I would never want her to change, but I have to wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

His behavior on this thread doesn't scream "great guy that's turned his life around", but does scream "manipulator trying to get good people to side with him".

Trust me. I wish it weren't this way and I would love to see the good in people, but after being a good person that's been duped many times over, actions speak louder than words.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 02-26-2020 at 08:44 PM.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

i didnt accept the plea... they put me on house arrest because they were scared i was going to leave the country they were basically forcing me to go to trial and give my statement but trial never came thats when it all ended.

Hey jhonny I'm just gonna take you on your word that you are who you say you are.

From the way you write it sounds like you are a person who probably has witnessed and/or experienced a lot of violence in your life from a young age. I've seen some violent things in my life and I know what it does to those memories. It seems to me like you are still haunted by this murder and want to talk to someone about it, to work through your experiences and find some peace. I am not interested in telling you whether or not you are a good person, at the end of the day that is between you and your god, but I do believe you deserve support and peace. You said you work with addicts and who people who have been in jail, but I wonder if you seek any services? I don't know if you would be open to it or not but you may want to get some counseling. You mentioned you go to church and sometimes churches offer counseling. I looked up some other options I'll list below. I know talking about this with someone in person might seem less appealing than talking to strangers online anonymously, but it will probably do more to help you find what you seek. Good luck to you jhonny. I feel for what happened to everyone who was part of this.

Community mental health services in Snonomish county: https://snohomishcountywa.gov/427/Co...-Mental-Health
    Christian organization that provides services to ex-prisoners: https://www.prisonfellowship.org/resources/contact/

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I love Tish for her acceptance and I would never want her to change, but I have to wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

His behavior on this thread doesn't scream "great guy that's turned his life around", but does scream "manipulator trying to get good people to side with him".

Trust me. I wish it weren't this way and I would love to see the good in people, but after being a good person that's been duped many times over, actions speak louder than words.
    Thanx BB73, I don't know if it's "acceptance" per se, I can be awfully judgy at times. I just don't take anything at face value and always look at everything from all angles. It's a throwback from a 38 yr career and just comes naturally to me. I'd make a great juror but said career disqualifies me. I also spent 10+ years as a victim/witness advocate, so that experience also informs my views.

As for Jhonny, I really don't see the manipulation or the cowardice. I see a 17yo kid caught up in something much bigger than himself. Yes, he made some poor decisions - most teenagers do - sadly, his ended in the death of a friend. Science tells us the brain isn't fully developed until about the age of 25, and we condemn the juvenile justice system for treating juveniles as adults. Yet, in this case we insist Jhonny should have been an adult and taken care of the situation himself. He was one of four people who witnessed that murder, and he admits he was scared, he was threatened with death if he told, people shot at him, and he fled the country in fear for his life. He [literally!] saw what happened to Britney (a traumatizing event in itself), why wouldn't he think that could happen to him as well? I just think we're putting one helluva load on the shoulders of a foolish, immature teenager. I mean, do any of you have teenage sons?!?! Geez, I couldn't trust mine to get to school on time, let alone save a life. And if your teenage son witnessed a murder, would you call him a coward and condemn him for not rallying the crowd to intervene? Or maybe you'd just be grateful that he survived?

There is a LOT wrong with our criminal justice system. When we talk about the "school to prison pipeline" and "at risk populations" we're talking about the Jhonnys of the world. I don't know if he's a "great guy" - I don't know him - but he's not running around with a gang anymore, he finished school, he's gainfully employed, and he is giving back to his community. If that's not turning your life around, I don't know what is, and that should be acknowledged. I'm also not sure what BB73 means by 'trying to get people to side with him.' He came here, commented that he's 'haunted' by this incident, and everyone started calling him a murderer and a coward like he came on here and said she deserved to die. Does no one deserve a second chance, or did Jhonny give that up when he joined a gang at the age of what - 15, 16? If so, should we just give up on all "at risk" populations since they're so unworthy of our empathy and support? Lock 'em up and throw away the key?

My interest lies in what is different about Jhonny. How he was able to overcome what so many others can't. Maybe he comes from a good family who rallied around and helped him stay straight. Maybe he comes from an absolutely shitty family and did this on his own. Maybe the church embraced him and he found safety there. Did he receive any counseling? Did the State provide any services/programs or did they just wash their hands of a 17yo witness after they no longer needed him (most likely scenario)? We can't reform our justice system until we know what works. Something Jhonny did worked, and I'd like to know what it is. I hope he comes back and tells us.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 02-28-2020 at 07:55 AM. Reason: because I can't punctuate

Quote Originally Posted by angeldooup View Post
    Hey jhonny I'm just gonna take you on your word that you are who you say you are.

From the way you write it sounds like you are a person who probably has witnessed and/or experienced a lot of violence in your life from a young age. I've seen some violent things in my life and I know what it does to those memories. It seems to me like you are still haunted by this murder and want to talk to someone about it, to work through your experiences and find some peace. I am not interested in telling you whether or not you are a good person, at the end of the day that is between you and your god, but I do believe you deserve support and peace. You said you work with addicts and who people who have been in jail, but I wonder if you seek any services? I don't know if you would be open to it or not but you may want to get some counseling. You mentioned you go to church and sometimes churches offer counseling. I looked up some other options I'll list below. I know talking about this with someone in person might seem less appealing than talking to strangers online anonymously, but it will probably do more to help you find what you seek. Good luck to you jhonny. I feel for what happened to everyone who was part of this.

Community mental health services in Snonomish county: https://snohomishcountywa.gov/427/Co...-Mental-Health
    Christian organization that provides services to ex-prisoners: https://www.prisonfellowship.org/resources/contact/
    All of this. Thank you angeldoup, and I'm sorry you've seen too much. I hope you stick around here with us.

once i was safe i told them where to find other ppl and helped them come up with something.. since they didnt have shit as you can see... they tricked me.. they promised alot of things if i came back and helped them... but instead they put me in jail.

state didnt want to provide any services... even when i asked for it..

even tough he was charged with intimidating eye witnesses

once i was safe i told them where to find other ppl and helped them come up with something.. since they didnt have shit as you can see... they tricked me.. they promised alot of things if i came back and helped them... but instead they put me in jail.
    You're right, they apparently didn't have shit - but they put you in jail on charges they couldn't substantiate because you were a known flight risk and they needed to hold you long enough to reach a deal with Robert. I might be reading into the tone of your response, but I suspect you feel used by the police. Yes, you were used. They used the threat of your testimony to get him to agree to a plea deal that didn't really serve justice for the victim; but (1) it insured the killer was held responsible for the crime, (2) it saved the expense of a trial, and (3) it spared Britney's family the pain of hearing the gruesome and traumatizing details of their daughter's death. For the DA, that's a win all the way around. It was NOT an accident that you were placed on the elevator with Robert at the Courthouse, nobody screwed up. In the end, the bad guy cops a plea, the prosecutor gets to close a case, and you finally get to walk. You were definitely used, and I'll be honest, I'm not necessarily opposed to that. I don't doubt for a minute that without your participation, however reluctant, there would have been no justice for Britney at all, so there's that to consider. Yeah, it sucked to be you; but I imagine your outreach includes sharing the painful lesson you had to learn to enable yourself to move forward and change the direction of your life: Choices have consequences, and Justice isn't always fair. It's best to keep your distance.

state didnt want to provide any services... even when i asked for it.. even tough he was charged with intimidating eye witnesses
    I'm really sorry to hear this. Victim/witness advocacy has come a long way in the twelve years since you were in the system, but it remains heavily focused on so-called innocent victims. Victims/witnesses deemed to have "contributed to their own victimization" are specifically excluded from most, if not all, State programs. This policy was meant to prevent an armed robber from obtaining State victim compensation benefits if he got shot holding up a 7-11. It evolved into a much broader interpretation of what 'contributing to one's own victimization' actually entailed, and our organization established a program that specifically addressed this gap in services. An extreme case involved young witnesses to the execution style murder of a 17yo classmate who were denied counseling assistance because the event occurred at an illegal bonfire and the underage witnesses were intoxicated - a very loose interpretation of the victim liability clause. And that's kind of what happened to you and Britney. In the end, Justice didn't serve either of you particularly well.

The shockingly lenient plea deal for Britney's killer suggests more than just a weak circumstantial case. The prosecutor clearly feared he would be unable to obtain a jury conviction with a problematic victim and unreliable and easily impeachable witnesses.* This case was a nightmare, none of you were choir boys and a prosecutor would have to be insane to take this risky case to trial. Surely the plan was always to get a plea, and you helped them do that. So FWIW, I agree that the system failed you here. Too late to help you, but I am beginning to see tiny glimmers of change on the horizon. Clearly though, there is still a lot of work to be done.

I'm curious as to what kind of legal representation you had throughout this. Thanks for answering my questions, BTW. As I'm sure you can tell, this is a subject of great interest to me.

*Although face tats would be terrifying to your average juror so that alone might have gotten RL convicted. Juries are strange like that.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 02-28-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Way to try to make yourself the victim and it even worked with one or two people here but you don't have anything to be whining about since you are alive . Nut up and stop being a salty little bitch at the expense of the real victim.

Way to try to make yourself the victim and it even worked with one or two people here but you don't have anything to be whining about since you are alive . Nut up and stop being a salty little bitch at the expense of the real victim.
    ignorant ppl xD

ignorant ppl xD
    See. This is what my problem is with your responses. Instead of maybe saying something like:

"I know that you look at me and think I'm just some lowlife criminal and I don't blame you. I'd look at someone like me as a stranger on the internet and think the same. But I'm just here to tell you that I regret what happened, I did everything I felt I could at the time to help the investigation to get her justice and I've made an effort to turn my life around and help others. That night haunts me and I tell myself if I could go back there I would have done everything I could to save her. But I can't go back. I can only say that I'm doing the best I can to never be put there again".

But no. You don't say that. You don't respond like that. You respond in a way that shows zero remorse and exhibits trollish behavior.

Sorry for the double post:

The reason certain people see you being manipulative is because you respond in a civil way to people that are giving you sympathy and in a way that is trying to garner even more sympathy. But the second someone tries to defy what you're saying, you respond like a dick.

So, there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    See. This is what my problem is with your responses. Instead of maybe saying something like:

"I know that you look at me and think I'm just some lowlife criminal and I don't blame you. I'd look at someone like me as a stranger on the internet and think the same. But I'm just here to tell you that I regret what happened, I did everything I felt I could at the time to help the investigation to get her justice and I've made an effort to turn my life around and help others. That night haunts me and I tell myself if I could go back there I would have done everything I could to save her. But I can't go back. I can only say that I'm doing the best I can to never be put there again".

But no. You don't say that. You don't respond like that. You respond in a way that shows zero remorse and exhibits trollish behavior.

i just respond the same way ppl ask..dont get your shit twisted bro ... i could care less

i didnt come here for yall to feel sorry or to tell you all that im sorry ... youre not even the right person .. i gave those answer to the correct ppl believe me.. i came to give out a lil bit more info and let you all know how it went down.. dont get it wrong

Maybe he's not particularly literate, maybe English is a second language, maybe he writes like he talks, or maybe it's just his writing style - I don't know. But as someone here who has shown empathy* towards Jhonny, I don't see any difference in his responses to me vs others. All of his responses are brief, fragmented, and lacking detail, which I personally find frustrating but not necessarily trollish.

P.S. Answer my damned questions, Jhonny!

*I'm a big believer in personal accountability, and have damn little sympathy for stupid decisions. My policy is to acknowledge, learn, and move forward - kind of like Jhonny has done.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 02-29-2020 at 07:45 AM.

you understood so i guess you aint that stupid

i speak 3 languages by the way.. english is my 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Maybe he's not particularly literate, maybe English is a second language, maybe he writes like he talks, or maybe it's just his writing style - I don't know. But as someone here who has shown empathy* towards Jhonny, I don't see any difference in his responses to me vs others. All of his responses are brief, fragmented, and lacking detail, which I personally find frustrating but not necessarily trollish.

P.S. Answer my damned questions, Jhonny!

*I'm a big believer in personal accountability, and have damn little sympathy for stupid decisions. My policy is to acknowledge, learn, and move forward - kind of like Jhonny has done.
    im sorry.. i will later today

No you came her to seek attention and stir shit like any otremorseful and totally rehabilitated
    *sorry could a mod delete the prior post .

Anyway Jhonny you came here to seek attention and stir shit like any other unremorseful malignant narcissist who isn't capable of rehabilitation would. People here have been extremely gracious to you in spite of your smarmy manner and some have shown you kindness and understanding but you are still being

you understood so i guess you aint that stupid

i speak 3 languages by the way.. english is my 3rd
    I'm a dyed in the wool American so I only speak one language, unless Latin counts. I've been "working" on Spanish for years with little progress.

Thread Information