Thread: Man shoots his friends windshield with paintballs, to stop him from drivin drunk

Man shoots his friends windshield with paintballs, to stop him from drivin drunk

KENNEWICK, Wash. -- A man who reportedly told police he was trying to deter a friend from driving drunk by blasting the friend's windshield with paintballs wound up in jail.

In the words of Kennewick, Wash., police Sgt. Ken Lattin: "This is a very creative way to prevent someone from drinking and driving, but not legal or safe."

Responding Tuesday night to a nearby resident's report of a man shooting paintballs at a car, police found 41-year-old Shawn Wallace, who explained his rationale.

The Tri-City Herald reports Wallace was arrested and booked into the Benton County jail for investigation of unlawfully discharging a weapon and an unrelated misdemeanor warrant.

Lattin suggested a designated driver would be a better approach.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/12/paintball_attempt_to_deter_dru.html

Creative...But a taxi may have been easier/cheaper.

the color nine

Re: Man shoots his friends windshield with paintballs, to stop him from drivin drunk

I thought it was a great idea.  You ever try to get a drunken friend that was 100% positive that they were not drunk a taxi or try to take their keys?  It is damn near impossible.

Fan of the Underdog kateisgr3at's Avatar

Re: Man shoots his friends windshield with paintballs, to stop him from drivin drunk

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=17933.msg1135797#msg1135797 date=1230800030]
    http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/12/paintball_attempt_to_deter_dru.html

Creative...But a taxi may have been easier/cheaper.
    [/quote]

Or he could have just shot his drunk friend with the paintballs, instead.  :2grin:
    Balls.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=17933.msg1135897#msg1135897 date=1230831174]
    I thought it was a great idea.  You ever try to get a drunken friend that was 100% positive that they were not drunk a taxi or try to take their keys?  It is damn near impossible.
    [/quote]

exactly. i've had a friend who had known she was too wasted to drive drive anyway. she waited until i fell asleep before sneaking out of my house and driving herself the 15-20 miles home so she could get a decent nights sleep so she could make it to partying it up the next night.

i can't find the death now but there was a girl in san diego who ducked out of the cab her friends called and ended up driving the wrong way on the freeway, killing herself and two other people. found it: http://mydeathspace.com/article/2006/10/30/Katy_Jovin_(20)_and_2_others_were_killed_in_a_fier y_head_on_collision
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

[quote author=kateisgr3at link=topic=17933.msg1137633#msg1137633 date=1230991088]
    Or he could have just shot his drunk friend with the paintballs, instead.  :2grin:
    [/quote]
    And then be charged with attempted murder.

I am just going by the standards of the mentioned police!

If you're going to get charged anyway, slash a tire.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=17933.msg1137865#msg1137865 date=1231014900]
    If you're going to get charged anyway, slash a tire.
    [/quote]

he wouldn't have gone to Jail for that. Good Plan.

Thread Information