Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer Seitz (36) missing from cruise ship

Jennifer Seitz (36) missing from cruise ship

I couldn't find a myspace that matched for her. It doesn't exactly say she's dead, but um...she is.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28418596/

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/miami/sfl-flbmissing1229sbdec29,0,3776052.story

Cruise ship returns with passenger missing, FBI investigating
    Surveillance images show passenger falling

By Sofia Santana | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
        6:48 AM EST, December 29, 2008

MIAMI - Cruise ship surveillance images show a woman falling overboard hours before her husband reported her missing from the Miami-based Norwegian Pearl last week, U. S. Coast Guard officials said Sunday.

The FBI began an investigation into the woman's disappearance when the 15-deck vessel returned to the Port of Miami on Sunday morning.

"We're looking to see if a crime was committed on the high seas," said FBI Special Agent Michael Leverock.

He said agents interviewed passengers and crew members Sunday morning and searched the cabin that Jennifer Seitz, 36, occupied. Authorities declined to release additional information about Seitz, including the name of her hometown.

Mexican Navy and U.S. Coast Guard boats and helicopters are searching water off the Caribbean resort of Cancun for Seitz.

Mexico's Fifth Naval Regional Command said in a statement it had found no sign of Seitz. The search was taking place just over 17 miles east of Cancun and beyond, with crews covering more than 2,500 square miles.

After they disembarked, many cruise ship passengers said they were unaware of the situation.

"What missing person? You mean from the show?" said Ginny Miller, 56, of Ohio. She wondered whether the case was related to a mystery-dinner show offered on the cruise.

Norwegian Cruise Line officials did not alert passengers because "there was no public safety issue," said AnneMarie Mathews, spokeswoman for the cruise line.

Authorities said Seitz apparently went overboard about 8 p.m. Friday, as the vessel sailed 15 miles east of Cancun, Mexico. The U.S. Coast Guard and the Mexican navy have concentrated their search on that area, but by Sunday night still had not found any trace of Seitz, officials said.

The Norwegian Pearl, operated by Norwegian Cruise Line, was on a seven-day tour of the western Caribbean when Seitz vanished. The vessel, which can hold as many as 2,394 passengers, left the Port of Miami on Sunday evening for another voyage with the same itinerary.

Although passenger disappearances are relatively rare, considering that millions of people take cruises every year, her case marks the fifth time a passenger or crew member has disappeared off the Florida coast or in the Caribbean basin this year.Major cruise lines have a voluntary agreement with U.S. authorities to alert them to serious incidents involving U.S. citizens. Some legislators have been trying for years to turn that agreement into law but failed again this year. Authorities and cruise line officials say most of the victims either jump overboard to commit suicide, or fall while intoxicated.

"Some of the disappearances are certainly not crime-related," said Robert McCrie, a professor of security management at John Jay College in New York. "Some people just do stupid things, like sitting on a railing while inebriated," said McCrie, who has studied disappearances of passengers from cruise ships.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Re: Jennifer Seitz (36) missing from cruise ship

that would be one of my least favorite ways to die.  drowning in a cold ass ocean...at night time, as you watch your cruise ship, cruise away.  damn!

my bf and i were just joking this weekend that that would be the perfect way for him to kill me. We have an interesting relationship.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

Lots of info
    http://www.truecrimereport.com/2008/12/missing_from_the_norwegian_pea.php

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=17898.msg1131898#msg1131898 date=1230560779]
    my bf and i were just joking this weekend that that would be the perfect way for him to kill me. We have an interesting relationship.
    [/quote]

i guess it would be a good way.   i mean, if done right.....nobody would be able to tell if you jumped and was throw off.    :lol:    

[quote author=LetzRyde link=topic=17898.msg1131901#msg1131901 date=1230560891]
    i guess it would be a good way.   i mean, if done right.....nobody would be able to tell if you jumped and was throw off.    :lol:    
    [/quote] Other than surveillance cameras. Those could pose a problem :lol:

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=17898.msg1131905#msg1131905 date=1230561338]
    Other than surveillance cameras. Those could pose a problem :lol:
    [/quote]

no, no.  no cameras.  if it was me, i'd throw your ass rite off the balcony from our stateroom.  there are no cameras in the balcony staterooms.  a camera may catch you falling to the water, but the camera will not show if you jumped or was thrown off.    me pick you up, toss you over.  me back to the dice tables.    simple!   

the color nine

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=17898.msg1131898#msg1131898 date=1230560779]
    [/quote]

I know you guys are kidding around but, I dated a guy for about a year and one time we hiked up this mountain to this overlook and he was behind me and I kept thinking about him shoving me over for some reason.  Yeah, I stopped that relationship :lol:  What is it they say about gut feelings?

I would never take a cruise again especially after I found out that your safety is basically nil on those things. 

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=17898.msg1131908#msg1131908 date=1230561574]
    I know you guys are kidding around but, I dated a guy for about a year and one time we hiked up this mountain to this overlook and he was behind me and I kept thinking about him shoving me over for some reason.  Yeah, I stopped that relationship :lol:  What is it they say about gut feelings?

I would never take a cruise again especially after I found out that your safety is basically nil on those things. 
    [/quote]

cruise ships are indeed very safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=17898.msg1131891#msg1131891 date=1230559550]
    "We're looking to see if a crime was committed on the high seas," said FBI Special Agent Michael Leverock.

[/quote]

The way he says "high seas" makes his statement soound like he needs to yell a loud pirate "Yar!" at the end of it. 

Anyway, she's dead.  Unfortunately.  She probably turned some guy down in the bar and he tossed her overboard.

I like how they need to call an expert from John Jay college to point out that some people do stupid things like fall of boats while drunk.  :lol:
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

the color nine

[quote author=LetzRyde link=topic=17898.msg1131906#msg1131906 date=1230561521]
    no, no.   no cameras.   if it was me, i'd throw your ass rite off the balcony from our stateroom.  there are no cameras in the balcony staterooms.  a camera may catch you falling to the water, but the camera will not show if you jumped or was thrown off.    me pick you up, toss you over.   me back to the dice tables.    simple!   
    [/quote]

The International Cruise Victims Organization claims that "cruise companies are largely unregulated and unaccountable for protecting passengers from crime and for assisting passengers after crimes have been committed."

The organization has joined forces with Congressman Christopher Shays to introduce the Cruise Line Accurate Safety Statistics Act. This bill, if passed, would require cruise ships to report crimes to the Department of Homeland Security in a timely fashion, to issue a quarterly public report of onboard crimes and missing persons, to train onboard personnel to investigate crimes, and to pay a fine of up to $250,000 if the regulations are not upheld. While this act will not make a cruise ship safer, it begins to protect the rights of victims and their families once a crime is reported.

When/if they have this bill or some type of regulations I would feel better.  Right now you have to battle who is in charge if a situation arises.  Whos waters are you in?  The captain and crew? 

I quoted the wrong damn post

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=17898.msg1131929#msg1131929 date=1230565283]
    The International Cruise Victims Organization claims that "cruise companies are largely unregulated and unaccountable for protecting passengers from crime and for assisting passengers after crimes have been committed."

The organization has joined forces with Congressman Christopher Shays to introduce the Cruise Line Accurate Safety Statistics Act. This bill, if passed, would require cruise ships to report crimes to the Department of Homeland Security in a timely fashion, to issue a quarterly public report of onboard crimes and missing persons, to train onboard personnel to investigate crimes, and to pay a fine of up to $250,000 if the regulations are not upheld. While this act will not make a cruise ship safer, it begins to protect the rights of victims and their families once a crime is reported.

When/if they have this bill or some type of regulations I would feel better.  Right now you have to battle who is in charge if a situation arises.  Whos waters are you in?  The captain and crew? 

I quoted the wrong damn post
    [/quote]

this all sounds good i guess for someone who would go on a cruise and have to worry about being killed.

it does sound like a good idea to have some kind of investigating just in case someone throws you off the ship. 

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=17898.msg1131916#msg1131916 date=1230562635]
    The way he says "high seas" makes his statement soound like he needs to yell a loud pirate "Yar!" at the end of it. 

Anyway, she's dead.  Unfortunately.  She probably turned some guy down in the bar and he tossed her overboard.

I like how they need to call an expert from John Jay college to point out that some people do stupid things like fall of boats while drunk.  :lol:
    [/quote] that's all they keep talking about..TRAGEDY ON THE HIGH SEAS. I thought that sounded odd too.[quote author=LetzRyde link=topic=17898.msg1131909#msg1131909 date=1230561691]
    cruise ships are indeed very safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/quote] Tell that to the people who were on the Titanic :lol:

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=17898.msg1131934#msg1131934 date=1230565906]
    people who were on the Titanic :lol:
    [/quote]

the titanic was different.   

when i speak of safe, i mean its pretty damn safe to board and cruise on a ship without having anything bad happen to you other than getting sick from cruising, and from possible food sickness.  being killed and thrown overboard is not an everyday occurrance. 

[quote author=LetzRyde link=topic=17898.msg1131935#msg1131935 date=1230566142]
    the titanic was different.   

when i speak of safe, i mean its pretty damn safe to board and cruise on a ship without having anything bad happen to you other than getting sick from cruising, and from possible food sickness.   being killed and thrown overboard is not an everyday occurrance.   
    [/quote]

Unless, as the experts point out (I wouldn't have known this without the college professor telling me), you get drunk and decide to jump up and down on the railing or somthing to that effect....

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=17898.msg1131937#msg1131937 date=1230566257]
    Unless, as the experts point out (I wouldn't have known this without the college professor telling me), you get drunk and decide to jump up and down on the railing or somthing to that effect....
    [/quote]

that doesnt count either.  only a stupid ass fool would do such a thing.  so that doesnt count.  cruise ships are indeed safe. 

[quote author=LetzRyde link=topic=17898.msg1131938#msg1131938 date=1230566528]
    that doesnt count either.   only a stupid ass fool would do such a thing.   so that doesnt count.  cruise ships are indeed safe.   
    [/quote]

Well, you and I both know how many stupid ass fools there are in the world.  :lol:

i still think this woman was murdered.  [s]Did it say anywhere whether or not she went on the cruise with anyone?[/s]  ETA:  Rob needs to improve his reading comprehension skills.

...I found a family from Louisiana who said that they were directly one floor under the alleged room and heard loud screaming around 8:00pm on Christmas Day, the day we left Cozumel on track to the private cruise island in the Bahamas. The family told us that they called security because they distinctly heard the words "stop hitting me" but that security did nothing in response to their inquiry. Why would it take the husband 6 hours to report his wife missing???...

Quoted from a passenger onboard the cruise ship. Hmmm, does not sound like an accident to me.

<br />Petulance...it&#39;s a bitch.

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=17898.msg1131916#msg1131916 date=1230562635]
    The way he says &quot;high seas&quot; makes his statement soound like he needs to yell a loud pirate &quot;Yar!&quot; at the end of it.&nbsp;

Anyway, she's dead.&nbsp; Unfortunately.&nbsp; She probably turned some guy down in the bar and he tossed her overboard.

I like how they need to call an expert from John Jay college to point out that some people do stupid things like fall of boats while drunk.&nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]

I think 'high seas' = international waters. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=17898.msg1131944#msg1131944 date=1230567595]
    Well, you and I both know how many stupid ass fools there are in the world.&nbsp; :lol:

i still think this woman was murdered.&nbsp; [s]Did it say anywhere whether or not she went on the cruise with anyone?[/s]&nbsp; ETA:&nbsp; Rob needs to improve his reading comprehension skills.
    [/quote]

yeah, you white guys are always getting liquor'd up, and rowdy....running around yelling, &quot;Woooooooooooo&quot;.&nbsp; &nbsp; :lol:
    what the hell does 'Woooooooo' mean anyway?&nbsp; you dont see us brothas getting drunk and acting like that!&nbsp;

she was with her husband.&nbsp;

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=17898.msg1131934#msg1131934 date=1230565906]
    Tell that to the people who were on the Titanic :lol:
    [/quote]

they're all dead&nbsp; :2shocked:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=*boogins* link=topic=17898.msg1131945#msg1131945 date=1230568018]
    ...I found a family from Louisiana who said that they were directly one floor under the alleged room and heard loud screaming around 8:00pm on Christmas Day, the day we left Cozumel on track to the private cruise island in the Bahamas. The family told us that they called security because they distinctly heard the words &quot;stop hitting me&quot; but that security did nothing in response to their inquiry. Why would it take the husband 6 hours to report his wife missing???...

Quoted from a passenger onboard the cruise ship. Hmmm, does not sound like an accident to me.

[/quote]

i dont think it was an accident either. &nbsp; if she was thrown off, its no accident. &nbsp;if she jumped, its no accident. &nbsp; if she fell off, well thats not an accident either. &nbsp; you do not just fall off a ship, accidentally. &nbsp;

There were people on TV today saying that the husband was acting strangely, very nonchalant about her being overboard..and that he apparently went out to dinner with another woman at some point of the trip.

Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=17898.msg1131960#msg1131960 date=1230568812]
    There were people on TV today saying that the husband was acting strangely, very nonchalant about her being overboard..and that he apparently went out to dinner with another woman at some point of the trip.
    [/quote]

thats incredible, if thats what he did.&nbsp; damn.

the other newly-wed lady who went missing on that other cruise ship.....her husband went back to the gaming tables after his wife went missing.&nbsp; &nbsp;

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

ruh roh.

note to self: do not step foot on a cruise ship with husband... :2huh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Thread Information