Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: PETA wants fish to be renamed "Sea Kittens"

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

Re: PETA wants fish to be renamed "Sea Kittens"

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=18092.msg1147689#msg1147689 date=1231726997]
    Chompin, you have a tactful way with words that always makes you sound like an asshole.

As far as lobster ocean to tank back to ocean, I've always been told when owning fish that it is a really not good viable plan. I dunno, call an exotic fish place. And considering lobsters aren't like, kicking it old school on Coney Island beach, I strongly suspect that dumping the lobster back into some random spot in the ocean is the same as killing it.

Regardless, calling fish 'sea kittens' is retarded.
    [/quote]

well, the lobster was released into protected waters in maine.  you know, they're kinda famous for their lobsters there. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=18092.msg1147709#msg1147709 date=1231728050]
    well, the lobster was released into protected waters in maine.  you know, they're kinda famous for their lobsters there. 
    [/quote]

Oh, I figured they just dumped it somewhere near the restaurant. I basically give a schitzophrenic homeless person more credit than Peta.

HAHAh and they aren't exactly famous for not eating the maine lobsters.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=18092.msg1147713#msg1147713 date=1231728217]
    Oh, I figured they just dumped it somewhere near the restaurant. I basically give a schitzophrenic homeless person more credit than Peta.

HAHAh and they aren't exactly famous for not eating the maine lobsters.
    [/quote]

it was released into protected waters.  no lobster traps. no fishing.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

mortissssssssssssssss  :lol:

new brand of tuna: pussy of the sea.

Chompin, you have a tactful way with words that always makes you sound like an asshole.

As far as lobster ocean to tank back to ocean, I've always been told when owning fish that it is a really not good viable plan. I dunno, call an exotic fish place. And considering lobsters aren't like, kicking it old school on Coney Island beach, I strongly suspect that dumping the lobster back into some random spot in the ocean is the same as killing it.

Regardless, calling fish 'sea kittens' is retarded.
    [/quote]
    I was under the assumption that since lobsters are salt water creatures, that resturants and supermarkets kept them in salt water tanks.  I guess if they die in fresh water, thats what they do...

but you are right to a point.  it would be stupid to "rescue" a lobster and just throw it into the nearest ocean - animals are sensitive to pH levels, pollution and temperature - not to mention whether they have a food source or predators in the area.

Unrelated to the posts - but pro animal nomming...
    I hate when i hear that a parent makes their toddler vegetarian or vegan.  Children need nucleic acids (found in DNA) to be able to build their own in the brain.  Its essential that they get animal milk, whether breast or other, and animal proteins.  After the age of 5.. i GUESS, that they could be vegetarian, but hopefully be recieving the necessary suppliments.
    I dont know, meat is just so good.  i dont get it.  I love food.
    yum.

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=18092.msg1147787#msg1147787 date=1231731376]

Unrelated to the posts - but pro animal nomming...
    I hate when i hear that a parent makes their toddler vegetarian or vegan.  Children need nucleic acids (found in DNA) to be able to build their own in the brain.  Its essential that they get animal milk, whether breast or other, and animal proteins.  After the age of 5.. i GUESS, that they could be vegetarian, but hopefully be recieving the necessary suppliments.
    I dont know, meat is just so good.  i dont get it.  I love food.
    yum.
    [/quote]

Clearly I'm in the minority here, and normally I'd just whistle to myself and wander away, but this post really caught my attention.
    Breast milk is important, I absolutely agree.  But cow's milk is truly best left to baby cows.  The pasteurization process destroys enzymes, vitamins, and basically all other things that arguably make milk "nutritious."  The process turns milk into a substance that has been shown to promote osteoporosis, cancer, growth troubles for children, and a mess of other problems.  And it's fattening and acne-inducing to boot.  It's an "easy" source of calcium, but I'd personally rather take the time to plan a diet for my (hypothetical) child that has healthier forms of calcium.  It would save them health problems down the road.
    And not to get into a pissing contest over what diet is better, because I really am not trying to recruit anyone, but the only supplement a vegetarian typically needs to take is B12.  B12 is hard to find outside of nutritional yeast and fortified foods.  Most kids take vitamins anyways, it may as well be a B12 vitamin versus ones taken because they aren't getting enough veggies or fruits IMO.

I'm hypoglycemic. I can pass out and worst case, have seizures if I don't get enough protein. So I'm gonna continue eating 'sea kittens', which, incidentally, as fully grown fish would actually be sea cats, and also, no fish has ever curled up in my lap and started purring and kneading me, so I feel pretty guiltless.

SO Mowt  are you hardcore vegan?  Or do you do leather?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I eat mostly vegetables....  I agree mowt, if a kid gets breast fed an appropriate amount of time, they don't need milk after that.

I also know that vegetarians can be really healthy, and can get all the nutrition they need through veggies alone if they eat right.

However... by nature people are opportunistic scavengers, and omnivorous. Our teeth are designed for both meat and vegetables.

WE have always eaten whatever tastes good and is easy to obtain.

Eggs have been a staple of the human diet since before we stood upright, as well as small birds, reptiles, fish, and mammals.

I do agree we eat too much meat... Americans anyway for sure.  Primitive people lived on a lot of roots, shoots, and leaves, supplemented by meat when they could catch it, or found leftovers. I think a pound of meat a week is probably all that is required to supplement a mostly vegetarian diet.

I completely respect your decision not to eat meat....  whether for health or personal reasons, but when you eat no meat at all, you have changed your nature.

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Mmmm, this thread is making me hungry. I'm having salmon fillets for dinner tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

You mean Siamese salmon sea kitty

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=18092.msg1147865#msg1147865 date=1231734308]
    You mean Siamese salmon sea kitty
    [/quote]

Fuck yes. :rockon:
    I'ma cook my kitties in ginger wine and eat them with potatoes. Om nom nom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=18092.msg1147848#msg1147848 date=1231733482]
    SO Mowt   are you hardcore vegan?  Or do you do leather?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I eat mostly vegetables....  I agree mowt, if a kid gets breast fed an appropriate amount of time, they don't need milk after that.

I also know that vegetarians can be really healthy, and can get all the nutrition they need through veggies alone if they eat right.

However... by nature people are opportunistic scavengers, and omnivorous. Our teeth are designed for both meat and vegetables.

WE have always eaten whatever tastes good and is easy to obtain.

Eggs have been a staple of the human diet since before we stood upright, as well as small birds, reptiles, fish, and mammals.

I do agree we eat too much meat... Americans anyway for sure.  Primitive people lived on a lot of roots, shoots, and leaves, supplemented by meat when they could catch it, or found leftovers. I think a pound of meat a week is probably all that is required to supplement a mostly vegetarian diet.

I completely respect your decision not to eat meat....   whether for health or personal reasons, but when you eat no meat at all, you have changed your nature.

[/quote]

The only leathah I wear are my BMT-issued combat boots.

I think that I changed my nature is debatable.  I understand that we, as a species, have always eaten meat.  But we have to cook it in order to make it safe, which no other species has to do.  Also, I don't think it's any more of a departure from nature for me to not eat meat as it is for your typical American to get their meat from a grocery store, which got its meat from a factory farm.  We're so far off from our "natural" origins by now, what does it matter? 
    We're all a little unnatural.  :-D

[quote author=mowt link=topic=18092.msg1147884#msg1147884 date=1231735124]
    The only leathah I wear are my BMT-issued combat boots.

I think that I changed my nature is debatable.  I understand that we, as a species, have always eaten meat.  But we have to cook it in order to make it safe, which no other species has to do.  Also, I don't think it's any more of a departure from nature for me to not eat meat as it is for your typical American to get their meat from a grocery store, which got its meat from a factory farm.  We're so far off from our "natural" origins by now, what does it matter? 
    We're all a little unnatural.   :-D
    [/quote]

You don't have to cook meat to make it safe. That is another way in which we changed our own nature,

We cook it because it tastes better and keeps longer, but healthy fresh raw meat won't kill you. There may be certain organs or something that will, but not muscle.

You are right that all of Modern mans nature has changed. But the grocery store analogy doesn't fit.  I can easily imagine that even in 10,000 BC humans bartered and traded for goods and food.  There is evidence of flint nappers and signage that far back.... so if someone had an abundance of meat I can see where trading could take place.

Cooking food was a big departure from our nature, as was the day humans decided to farm and raise animals, rather than hunt and gather.

I'm kind of weird with my eating habits. I eat once a day at night. Hardly ever snack. We always have a couple vegetables with supper.  My kids and myself eat just about anything. I hate asparagus,  but that's about it. 

If it was just me, I could live on fish, beans and rice for the most part.

Beans? I think you mean 'cuddle fetuses'.

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=18092.msg1147920#msg1147920 date=1231736885]
    If it was just me, I could live on fish, beans and rice for the most part.
    [/quote]
    As could I.

I'll still eat Sea Kittens.  I'll eat them raw.  With my favorite being the "Orange Tabby" Sea Kitten (ie. Salmon....yummmm).

[quote author=mowt link=topic=18092.msg1147825#msg1147825 date=1231732404]
    Clearly I'm in the minority here, and normally I'd just whistle to myself and wander away, but this post really caught my attention.
    Breast milk is important, I absolutely agree.  But cow's milk is truly best left to baby cows.  The pasteurization process destroys enzymes, vitamins, and basically all other things that arguably make milk "nutritious."  The process turns milk into a substance that has been shown to promote osteoporosis, cancer, growth troubles for children, and a mess of other problems.  And it's fattening and acne-inducing to boot.  It's an "easy" source of calcium, but I'd personally rather take the time to plan a diet for my (hypothetical) child that has healthier forms of calcium.  It would save them health problems down the road.
    And not to get into a pissing contest over what diet is better, because I really am not trying to recruit anyone, but the only supplement a vegetarian typically needs to take is B12.  B12 is hard to find outside of nutritional yeast and fortified foods.  Most kids take vitamins anyways, it may as well be a B12 vitamin versus ones taken because they aren't getting enough veggies or fruits IMO.

[/quote]
    i agree with you.  breast milk is best.  Cow's milk is really not meant for human consumption. 
    The only point i was trying to make was that a baby needs milk from an animal for nucleic acids.  Nucleic acids are found only in DNA, the nucleic acids are needed to support brain function and development.

Once they are school age, the importance of cow's milk is questionable at best - everything you get from cow's milk can be obtained some other way.

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=18092.msg1147223#msg1147223 date=1231688105]
    No one takes PETA seriously anymore. What makes you think you are the only person capable of seeing the sarcasm.  Re read the thread...I did, and I didn't see anyone taking them seriously, (except maybe boogie, who was afraid that someone would get offended, so he treated the subject with some tact.)

He seems like a reasonably intelligent chap to me... the rest of us were obviously being satirical and sarcastic.
    [/quote]

:lol: Nah. I didn't take it seriously. I just figured, if they released it disguised as a exaggerated idea, I would post with an exaggerated response.   

I'll post more on my thoughts on PETA later.. Someone wants to redo my home network and they are annoyed by my internet time.

For the record, Mowt didn't offend me with her Tard comment... I like her posts most the time, So even IF she meant it.. I won't hold it against her.  :lol:

As for mortis, I agree with everything he has said, for the most part. :-D

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=18092.msg1148087#msg1148087 date=1231750268]
    :lol: Nah. I didn't take it seriously. I just figured, if they released it disguised as a exaggerated idea, I would post with an exaggerated response.   

I'll post more on my thoughts on PETA later.. Someone wants to redo my home network and they are annoyed by my internet time. :lol:

For the record, Mowt didn't offend me with her Tard comment... I like her posts most the time, So even IF she meant it.. I won't hold it against her.  :lol:

As for mortis, I agree with everything he has said, for the most part. :-D
    [/quote]

you're supposed to agree with me 

i didnt contribute anything significant...but still... :oops:

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=18092.msg1148091#msg1148091 date=1231750695]
    you're supposed to agree with me 

i didnt contribute anything significant...but still... :oops:
    [/quote]

FINE.

I agree with Neener-poop's posts the most!!! :2angry:

Now i'm going to go back and read them. :oops:

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=18092.msg1148139#msg1148139 date=1231754847]
    FINE.

I agree with Neener-poop's posts the most!!! :2angry:

Now i'm going to go back and read them. :oops:
    [/quote]

thank you. 

:lol:

[quote author=decorusnex link=topic=18092.msg1147938#msg1147938 date=1231737784]
    As could I.

I'll still eat Sea Kittens.  I'll eat them raw.  With my favorite being the "Orange Tabby" Sea Kitten (ie. Salmon....yummmm).
    [/quote]

Now I want Kittens of the sea for lunch... Here kitty kitty..  :lol:
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

I was listening to this on the morning talk show while I took the kids to school today.
    They suggested to call is seaword, but of course they thought they meant C-word. They also suggested  seabunnies, and sea hare...  Ahh, bob and tom kill me.
    Anyways, it's stupid.

[/quote]

I thought being tactful was a good thing? 

I don't know how I was being an asshole here.  You mentioned something, I found it curious, I looked into it, your story was off.  It is not like I did a victory dance and said, "See, I told you she is an idiot and this proves it!" or something along those lines.

Why so offended?  You were off, it happens.  This is not a campaign to discredit your character, just one thing. 

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=18092.msg1148897#msg1148897 date=1231804695]
    I thought being tactful was a good thing? 

I don't know how I was being an asshole here.  You mentioned something, I found it curious, I looked into it, your story was off.  It is not like I did a victory dance and said, "See, I told you she is an idiot and this proves it!" or something along those lines.

Why so offended?  You were off, it happens.  This is not a campaign to discredit your character, just one thing. 
    [/quote]

I was being sarcastic.

Thread Information