Thread: Least Threatening Stalker Ever

Least Threatening Stalker Ever

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/police-shah-cypress-2260359-art-fedex

Man faces felonies after packages sent to women

Cypress man accused of sending packages to women whose personal information he found on Facebook.
    By JON CASSIDY
    The Orange County Register

CYPRESS – A young man from Cypress is set to be charged Friday with 13 felonies for what authorities say was an elaborate scheme in which he would obtain the personal information of unsuspecting young women through Facebook, then send them packages using assumed identities.

The women would receive an e-mail with a tracking number for a package from an "Art Shaw" of Aramark Corp. When they opened the package, they would find blank notepaper and envelopes, and sometimes, markers. Sharpie markers, according to police.

Police allege Arpan Harshad Shah, 26, used aliases, false e-mail addresses, drop locations and stolen corporate FedEx account numbers to hide the fact that he was the one sending the women packages.

Shah faces arraignment on 13 felony counts of second-degree burglary, a "wobbler" charge applied to shoplifting and petty theft, which the court can reduce to a misdemeanor. A felony conviction carries a three-year prison sentence.

Shah is accused of using FedEx account numbers belonging to Aramark, Pacific Life Insurance Co. and Corinthian College to send more than 100 of the packages.

According to a search warrant obtained by the Anaheim Police Department, the investigation started after Aramark got phone calls from fathers wondering why their daughters were getting packages from an "Art Shaw." Aramark had no employee by that name, and discovered more than 100 fraudulent shipments in an audit of shipping records.

Most of the shipments were made at a FedEx-Kinko's store a few blocks from Shah's house on Aurelia Avenue in Cypress.

FedEx-Kinko's store employees remembered "Art Shaw," and store security captured "Art's" license plate, leading police to Shah, according to the warrant.

Anaheim police found that the Cypress Police Department, the UCLA Police Department and Pacific Life's corporate security were also investigating packages sent by an "Art Shaw."

Shah used the e-mail addresses beckham007ca@aol.com and kobe007ca@aol.com. Variations of those user names can be found on dozens of social networking sites in many languages.

Shah is out of custody on $40,000 bail.

When police served the search warrant, they found FedEx receipts from the three companies, Facebook records, notepads, envelopes and Sharpie markers. The Sharpies came in various colors.

Contact the writer: jcassidy@ocregister.com or 714-445-6694
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Re: Least Threatening Stalker Ever

I am sure they will put this guy in jail, meanwhile a guy who punches his wife will be out the next day...

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=17785.msg1123295#msg1123295 date=1229804181]
    I am sure they will put this guy in jail, meanwhile a guy who punches his wife will be out the next day...
    [/quote]

That is the way of the world.
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

The guy's creepy, there's no doubt about that.  He should probably get some psychiatric help, but I don't think they should throw him in with hardened criminals since he's probably not a threat to anyone whatsoever.

He'll probably end up doing hard time, though, while pedophiles are allowed to roam the streets.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=17785.msg1123303#msg1123303 date=1229804570]
    The guy's creepy, there's no doubt about that.  He should probably get some psychiatric help, but I don't think they should throw him in with hardened criminals since he's probably not a threat to anyone whatsoever.

He'll probably end up doing hard time, though, while pedophiles are allowed to roam the streets.
    [/quote]

Honestly, what he actually did...what he sent, is nothing...

The fact that he was able to do it is what scares me.  Imagine if he would have sent threatening things?

I agree, what he did...is nothing.

he should repay the companies he used, but that's it.

I think people need to look into HOW he did it, and think of ways to fix that.

all he did was send school supplies... oh noez! not learning tools! my grandparens church do a "school supply drive" for needy kids every year....

actually, after thinking about it I think I understand. He found girls on facebook that insist on typin lyk thiyz. he then sent them stuff so they could practice their spelling and gain the ability to use english in a proper way.

give this man an award.

As much as I would like free sharpies sent to me, this guy was exhibiting behavior that most likely was developing into something a lot less innocent. Getting private addresses? For all we know, he was doing it to observe the homes and see when the women picked things up, or if they would open the door to a UPS guy.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=17785.msg1123916#msg1123916 date=1229849436]
    As much as I would like free sharpies sent to me, this guy was exhibiting behavior that most likely was developing into something a lot less innocent. Getting private addresses? For all we know, he was doing it to observe the homes and see when the women picked things up, or if they would open the door to a UPS guy.
    [/quote]

I would have to agree with you. Alot of criminals start out harmless. That is, until it no longer satisfies their "needs" and they move on to something a little more threatening. Deviant behaviors could definitely become dangerous.

Thread Information