Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pierced kittens removed from home

Pierced kittens removed from home

ROSS TWP. – Three kittens with ear, neck and tail piercings were removed from a home by humane officers on Wednesday.

Don Carey/The Times Leader

One of the officers from the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals of Luzerne County said the pierced kittens were being sold as “gothic kittens” on an Internet auction site.

“This is a first,” said Officer Carol Morrison. “It’s unbelievable anybody would do this to kittens.”

Morrison said the investigation began about a week ago when a man from another state noticed “gothic kittens” being sold on eBay. The kittens were also being sold on a pet classified Web site with an attached picture of a pierced kitten.

“You’re not allowed to sell live animals on eBay,” Morrison said.

The man called the phone number that was listed with the kittens, and traveled to the home at 71 Dobson Road, where he saw the pierced kittens, Morrison said.

“He called us and explained what he saw,” Morrison said.

Morrison and two humane officers obtained a search warrant for the home from District Judge John Hasay in Shickshinny at about 3:30 p.m.

Assisted by the state police at Shickshinny, the humane officers traveled to the home located at the end of a long driveway in a remote area of Ross Township.

Humane officers and troopers were inside the home for more than an hour before removing three kittens and a cat just before 5:30 p.m.

“She (the homeowner) thought it was a great idea (to pierce kittens),” Morrison said.

Morrison said charges are likely to be filed against the homeowner.

A dog inside the home was also found with pierced ears, Morrison said.

Morrison said the homeowner has a pet grooming business in the basement of the residence. Several signs advertising “Pawside Parlor” were along Dobson Road and in front of the home.

The kittens also had submission rings placed in their tails, Morrison said, explaining that the rings would prevent blood flow, causing the tails to fall off.

The homeowner and a young girl were inside the home. After humane officers removed the kittens in cages, the window shades were closed and interior lights were turned off.

Morrison said the kittens will be checked by a veterinarian before deciding if the kittens will be placed for adoption.
    http://www.timesleader.com/news/Pierced_kittens_removed_from_home_12-17-2008.html

Re: Pierced kittens removed from home

Ok. I feel horrible because I love me some kittahs. And I do think this is cruel. Look at that poor kitty!

But... BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

WTF? Those aren't even earrings and they look stupid.  :lol:

People and their ideas sometimes.  A little research or common sense would of saved her from charges.

On another note  :lol:
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

Poor kitteh...but..I'm really trying to refrain from making an LOLcat outta that 

i want to see the tail... seriously ... and she thought it was a good idea... arg
    I don't sell crack, I'm a prostitute.

That thing looks like a fucking Ewok or a Mogwai to me.  :lol:
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

Thats crazy, there really is no case here though, except maybe trying to sell them on ebay. Otherwise an easy defense would be that if she cant manipulate her cat for looks then we shouldn't be able to crop the ears of boxers or dobermans or clip the tails on any breed just for looks. Both of which are common place and breed standards.

I think she could have at least put in cute diamond studs rather then those ugly belly button ring looking things!

That is insanely cruel.  :-(

For some reason "Jingle Bells" is popping into my head... I feel like an ass. :(

[quote author=jenqtpie link=topic=17748.msg1120987#msg1120987 date=1229628942]
    Thats crazy, there really is no case here though, except maybe trying to sell them on ebay. Otherwise an easy defense would be that if she cant manipulate her cat for looks then we shouldn't be able to crop the ears of boxers or dobermans or clip the tails on any breed just for looks. Both of which are common place and breed standards.

I think she could have at least put in cute diamond studs rather then those ugly belly button ring looking things!
    [/quote]
    I could be wrong but I dont think this is legal anymore.

[quote author=okac link=topic=17748.msg1120991#msg1120991 date=1229629102]
    I could be wrong but I dont think this is legal anymore.
    [/quote]

We just got our boxer puppies tails clipped a few months ago, legally at a vet. But I am in CA, it may be illegal in other states, or for certain breeds/animals.

that poor kitty looks miserable. and wtf with using belly button bars in the kittens ears?! it looks so retarded!!

[quote author=jenqtpie link=topic=17748.msg1120992#msg1120992 date=1229629244]
    We just got our boxer puppies tails clipped a few months ago, legally at a vet. But I am in CA, it may be illegal in other states, or for certain breeds/animals.
    [/quote]
    WHY?!

[quote author=pitluvr4ever link=topic=17748.msg1120994#msg1120994 date=1229629300]
    that poor kitty looks miserable. and wtf with using belly button bars in the kittens ears?! it looks so retarded!!
    [/quote]

Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=okac link=topic=17748.msg1120996#msg1120996 date=1229629349]
    WHY?!
    [/quote]

Why not? If it was done while they were under, by a vet I don't see the issue. It's not harmfull.

These kittehs were fully awake while pierced.

I just dont see a point to cutting of an animals tail... it seems weird to me.

[quote author=okac link=topic=17748.msg1120996#msg1120996 date=1229629349]
    WHY?!
    [/quote]

Its a breed standard. Thats what they are meant to look like, and it hurts just as much as a circumcision does to a baby, they are numb and its done within the first 3 days of birth.
    American Kennel Club Standard

[quote author=okac link=topic=17748.msg1121005#msg1121005 date=1229629633]
    I just dont see a point to cutting of an animals tail... it seems weird to me.
    [/quote]

My dogs are German Shorthaired Pointers, and both of their tails are docked (think that's what they call it).  It doesn't hurt the pups if it's done at the vet.  I cant imagine if my dogs had long tails, everything in my house would be broken.  They're some tail waggin mo'fo s

[quote author=jenqtpie link=topic=17748.msg1121007#msg1121007 date=1229629679]
    Its a breed standard. Thats what they are meant to look like, and it hurts just as much as a circumcision does to a baby, they are numb and its done within the first 3 days of birth.
    American Kennel Club Standard

[/quote]

Do you breed champion Boxers? I know that it is what they are supposed to look like and I don't think it's terribly cruel but if I wasn't going to use my dog for competition, I wouldn't really see a reason to do it.

I did not clip my American Pitbull Terrier's ears because she looks so cute with them floppy. And I have seen Boxers with floppy ears and it's also adorable.

The whole tail thing is something I understand a lot more. Any dog with a strong tail has the chance of damaging said tail by wagging it really hard and hitting it on things. I know this because my dog has hurt her tail more than once and it's a messy thing! And it takes forever to heal. It's called "happy tail syndrome". A lot of times, they will amputate the tail if a dog has this happen frequently.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think it's cruel at all really but just not necessary unless you are competing with the dog or you are just dead set on a dog that looks like the AKC standard. And I'm okay with that too.

My staff has her ears clipped. They were like that when I got her, it looks quite cute but I wouldn't do it to a dog.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=17748.msg1121022#msg1121022 date=1229630538]
    My staff has her ears clipped. They were like that when I got her, it looks quite cute but I wouldn't do it to a dog.
    [/quote]

My first Pit had her ears clipped. She was my boyfriend's dog so I had no say in it. Now if I would've known that she would end up being my dog....

I think dogs look good both ways but obviously if given the choice, the ears stay floppy. Here is my first Pitty, Mallory :

ugh no way.  I will never clip my doggy's ears or tail.  Adrien's parents have the cutest boxer and he has adorable floppy ears. 

I'm surprised you don't have more issues with the long tails considering you have big dogs too. Lots of peeps I know have had issues with their dogs busting the tip open and next thing you know, your house looks like a murder just took place. The Vet has brought it up to me, about amputating her tail if she continues to bust it open. I've been really trying to not get her excited close to any walls or hard things.

[quote author=pitluvr4ever link=topic=17748.msg1121037#msg1121037 date=1229631340]
    I'm surprised you don't have more issues with the long tails considering you have big dogs too. Lots of peeps I know have had issues with their dogs busting the tip open and next thing you know, your house looks like a murder just took place. The Vet has brought it up to me, about amputating her tail if she continues to bust it open. I've been really trying to not get her excited close to any walls or hard things.
    [/quote]
    When I adopted Maude, she was a pit bull mix and there was the most gigantic sore ever on her tail because she was crated all day every day.  when she got excited she would wag her tail and omg it only took a few weeks with me and it was completely healed.  my parents' big dogs have tail issues, like breaking shit with their tails. a st bernard's tail and an english mastiff's tail will do that.  :lol:

If you have a breed or line within a breed with lots of hair in their ears it makes sense to crop the ears even if you aren't planning on showing.  Really cuts down on ear infections.  Some of my schnauzers are cropped, others aren't. 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Thread Information