Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: woman sues her neighbors because their kids toys landed in her yard

woman sues her neighbors because their kids toys landed in her yard

BLUE ASH, Ohio (AP) — An 89-year-old Cincinnati-area woman arrested for confiscating the neighbor kid's football is now suing the boy's parents.

Edna Jester filed a lawsuit in Hamilton County Common Pleas Court claiming she has suffered emotional distress because footballs and other playthings belonging to her next-door neighbors keep landing in her yard.

In October, Jester refused to return a football, was taken to the Blue Ash police station and charged with petty theft. The prosecutor later dropped the case.

The lawsuit against parents Paul and Kelly Tanis seeks unspecified monetary damages.

Kelly Tanis calls the suit "very silly" but says she and her husband also worry because they have five children and can't afford a lawyer.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jwvuXbVJ0cGWbV0JUeDpCd3DWdfwD95EJH680

:roll:

Re: woman sues her neighbors because their kids toys landed in her yard

Well what do you expect?  Keep your damn kids and their toys out of Edna's yard, don't call the cops on poor old Edna when she resorts to the only weapon a cranky old lady has... "I keep da football" and she wouldn't have to lawyer up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Senior Member skindeep_curiosity's Avatar

Oh my Lord.  :roll: I think suing someone causes more emotional distress than a football landing in their yard does.

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=17959.msg1137953#msg1137953 date=1231023040]
    Oh my Lord.  :roll: I think suing someone causes more emotional distress than a football landing in their yard does.
    [/quote]
    Depends how many times it happens... If this is the story I'm thinking of, poor Edna has been trying to get the kids out of her yard for years.  I'm surprised she hasn't taken to using a shot gun.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

:-D
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=17959.msg1137955#msg1137955 date=1231023153]
    Depends how many times it happens... If this is the story I'm thinking of, poor Edna has been trying to get the kids out of her yard for years.  I'm surprised she hasn't taken to using a shot gun.
    [/quote]

This is true! I guess I hafta try to put myself in Edna's shoes to understand the distress that was caused her.

Also, I'm assuming this was happening in her backyard, because if it was the frontyard, the kids could just run over, grab their toys, and run back home...

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=17959.msg1137965#msg1137965 date=1231023718]
    This is true! I guess I hafta try to put myself in Edna's shoes to understand the distress that was caused her.

Also, I'm assuming this was happening in her backyard, because if it was the frontyard, the kids could just run over, grab their toys, and run back home...
    [/quote]Yah.  Edna's not a spry as she once was...

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=17959.msg1137968#msg1137968 date=1231023821]
    Yah.  Edna's not a spry as she once was...
    [/quote]

Poor Edna. 

I read this a few times, and I'm glad she's suing them.   People's personal property should be respected.  It's not too difficult, I imagine, to keep your toys in your own yard.  

They're worried because they have 5 children and can't afford a lawyer....well, tough shit.  Teach your kids to take care of their stuff, and not to disrespect the neighbors and you won't have this problem.  I mean, they called the police on this poor old woman!  That's fucked up.  All she wants is for these kids to keep their shit out of her yard.  That should be her right as a property owner.  She should also have the right to keep / throw out anything that's cluttering up her yard.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

What she (Edna) needs to get is a dog. When the neighbor kids' toys land in our backyard, our dogs rip them up. :D

[quote author=skindeep_curiosity link=topic=17959.msg1137976#msg1137976 date=1231024208]
    What she (Edna) needs to get is a dog. When the neighbor kids' toys land in our backyard, our dogs rip them up. :D
    [/quote]
    FTW

Fuck these people and their fucking legal bills.

They weren't too concerned when they had a 89-year old woman trying to make bail.

:roll: she'll probably kill over before they even go to court. so what if the toys land in her yard? they're not hurting anyone.

FUCK her. 
    and fuck any of you that think it's cool that she freaked over a toy landing in her yard.

you guys take it to the extreme with everything anti child.

I'm anti people with sticks in asses. 

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=17959.msg1139544#msg1139544 date=1231134278]
    FUCK her. 
    and fuck any of you that think it's cool that she freaked over a toy landing in her yard.

you guys take it to the extreme with everything anti child.

I'm anti people with sticks in asses. 
    [/quote]

No. She was pissed that shit landed in her yard. She "freaked out" when she got arrested.

Fuck people who think everything their kid does is cute, no matter what age the fucker is.
    And fuck people that think that we all have to deal with their children's nonsense.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=17959.msg1139547#msg1139547 date=1231134410]
    No. She was pissed that shit landed in her yard. She freaked out when she got arrested.

Fuck people who think everything their kid does is cute, no matter what age the fucker is.
    [/quote]

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT KIDS BEING CUTE?

shit used to land in our yard all the time, you know what would happen?  the kids would come pick it up.  kids play football and games outside.  remember, kids play outside.  things happen.

gee I wonder if the football did damage to the lawn, uh no.
    jesus christ.  people are fucking lame. 

Go Edna!!!! I hope you win and damn right to keep their balls. I am sure its an ongoing thing, I know only too well how kids can be so disrespectful and the hurt and damage that does. Poor old lady. Really hope she gets some peace now.
    <br /><br />&quot;I have a dream&quot; and Obama made it come true!

[quote author=Cherrypie link=topic=17959.msg1139552#msg1139552 date=1231134707]
    Go Edna!!!! I hope you win and damn right to keep their balls. I am sure its an ongoing thing, I know only too well how kids can be so disrespectful and the hurt and damage that does. Poor old lady. Really hope she gets some peace now.
    [/quote]

like death?&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=17959.msg1139550#msg1139550 date=1231134616]
    WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT KIDS BEING CUTE?

shit used to land in our yard all the time, you know what would happen?&nbsp; the kids would come pick it up.&nbsp; kids play football and games outside.&nbsp; remember, kids play outside.&nbsp; things happen.

gee I wonder if the football did damage to the lawn, uh no.
    jesus christ.&nbsp; people are fucking lame.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Yea, and outside don't include my fuckin property.
    See? That's exactly what I'm talking about! Why do I have to deal with other people's kids? Please explain that to me.

We're not even talking about a restaurant or a playground here. It's my fuckin home!&nbsp;

Considering the reaction of everyone in the thread so far...I'm gonna guess you're a real pleasure to live next to. :lol:

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=17959.msg1139556#msg1139556 date=1231135063]
    Yea, and outside don't include my fuckin property.
    See? That's exactly what I'm talking about! Why do I have to deal with other people's kids? Please explain that to me.

We're not even talking about a restaurant or a playground here. It's my fuckin home!&nbsp;

Considering the reaction of everyone in the thread so far...I'm gonna guess you're a real pleasure to live next to. :lol:
    [/quote]

have you ever lived in a neighborhood?
    a neighborhood where kids play outside?&nbsp; I'm not sure because you are in nyc.&nbsp; but I grew up in the midwest where kids were always outside and playing.&nbsp; nobody had a problem with anything.&nbsp; balls landed in yards and they were picked up.&nbsp; big whoop.

I guess I don't want to spend my life getting pissed about the little things, but this bitch is probably on her death bed, so what's it to her.&nbsp;

and don't assume anything asshole.&nbsp; I'm quiet and mind my own business and millie can't throw balls yet.&nbsp;

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=17959.msg1139564#msg1139564 date=1231135215]
    have you ever lived in a neighborhood?
    a neighborhood where kids play outside?&nbsp; I'm not sure because you are in nyc.&nbsp; but I grew up in the midwest where kids were always outside and playing.&nbsp; nobody had a problem with anything.&nbsp; balls landed in yards and they were picked up.&nbsp; big whoop.

I guess I don't want to spend my life getting pissed about the little things, but this bitch is probably on her death bed, so what's it to her.&nbsp;

and don't assume anything asshole.&nbsp; I'm quiet and mind my own business and millie can't throw balls yet.&nbsp;&nbsp;
    [/quote]

That family had an 89-year old woman arrested. They are classless pieces of shit. Fuck them.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=17959.msg1139569#msg1139569 date=1231135479]
    That family had an 89-year old woman arrested. They are classless pieces of shit. Fuck them.
    [/quote]

they called the cops.&nbsp; they probably asked her to return the ball and she refused.&nbsp; I don't think they just &quot;arrested&quot; her.&nbsp; no way.&nbsp;

[quote author=Natasha_XO link=topic=17959.msg1139572#msg1139572 date=1231135568]
    they called the cops.&nbsp; they probably asked her to return the ball and she refused.&nbsp; I don't think they just &quot;arrested&quot; her.&nbsp; no way.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

So if someone called the cops on your nana, you'd be cheering them on I guess. I mean nana was wrong. Right?

C'mon. These people are disgusting.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=17959.msg1139578#msg1139578 date=1231135799]
    So if someone called the cops on your nana, you'd be cheering them on I guess. I mean nana was wrong. Right?

C'mon. These people are disgusting.
    [/quote]

I don't have a nana, I have a grandmother who isn't cranky enough to confiscate a kid's ball.&nbsp; thank god.&nbsp;
    This lady could have been a real nightmare to live next to.&nbsp; I don't know all the details, so I'm not applauding them, but god damn, I'm not down with the &quot;fuck the kids&quot; talk either.

you have a fucking thread.&nbsp;

See, I do have children, so can make a comment based on personal experience and the feelings that go with this case. Obviously it was an ongoing thing. I make sure my son doesn’t continually knock balls into neighbours gardens. In fact he doesn’t tend to play with balls in the garden too much and usually his dad will take him to the park. He is polite and respects his elders, which is more than I can say for a lot of the kids of today.

On the other side I know how upset and even scared my grandparents became when youths would literally target their home. Saw their garden as a rubbish bin and had no respect. It all started over something minor and as they were too scared at the time to act on it, these youths took it as a huge joke. Not so much of a joke for my old grandparents. They have since passed away, but we did find out before they passed and also took it up directly with them. Their age or closeness to death didn’t matter to us.

I as a child played out with kids in the street. We had great fun growing up. But we didn’t feel the need to upset any residents. If we did it would be a quick threat to tell the parents or they would, and it would stop right away with an apology. The trouble is, that children have lost a lot of respect for their elders and they are beginning to rule. Its such a sad case when the kids are leaving the adults in fear and their parents are ready and willing to stand up for them even if it’s the wrong thing to do. Just IMO
    <br /><br />&quot;I have a dream&quot; and Obama made it come true!

Thread Information