Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Iraqi reporter threw his shoes at George Bush

Iraqi reporter threw his shoes at George Bush

:lol:

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/12/iraqi-man-throws-shoe-at-bush.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfYBGl9q30c

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081214/india_nm/india370284

BAGHDAD (Reuters) – An Iraqi reporter called visiting U.S. President George W. Bush a "dog" in Arabic on Sunday and threw his shoes at him during a news conference in Baghdad.

Iraqi security officers and U.S. secret service agents leapt at the man and dragged him struggling and screaming out of the room where Bush was giving a news conference with Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki.

The shoes missed their target about 15 feet (4.5 metres) away. One sailed over Bush's head as he stood next to Maliki and smacked into the wall behind him. Bush smiled uncomfortably and Maliki looked strained.

"It doesn't bother me," Bush said, urging everyone to calm down as a ruckus broke out in the conference room.

When asked about the incident shortly after, Bush made light of it. "I didn't feel the least threatened by it," he said.

Other Iraqi journalists apologised on behalf of their colleague, a television journalist.

Bush arrived in Baghdad earlier on Sunday on a farewell visit before he leaves office in January. The U.S.-led invasion in 2003 to topple Saddam Hussein triggered years of sectarian bloodshed and insurgency in Iraq, killing tens of thousands.

"Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

the color nine

Re: Iraqi reporter threw his shoes at George Bush

I saw this on the news this morning.  The guy can dodge a shoe with a laugh, I'll give him that.  :lol:

Too bad he ducked.

Oddly I don't find this weird or bizarre.

I would also like to either see the shoe in question raise big bucks in a charitable auction and/or vids of Bush either arguing with, or wrestling the shoe

geeeez.... i gotta get this down. i posted this in current events and its here in bizarre. yesterday i posted the actor accidently cutting his own throat in bizarre and it was in the current events.... lol ...

:) sorry kara... you beat me too it.

the first thing i said when i saw this was damn i wish he wouldnt of missed. but since Bush still represents America, if he gets hit, its kinda like hitting all of us. it makes us look bad. but Bush is a quick one. His reflexes where on point.

hehe... this is gonna be allll over the news tomorrow. 

[quote author=ashleyhope link=topic=17686.msg1116507#msg1116507 date=1229291914]
    Bush is a quick one. His reflexes where on point.

[/quote]
    If only we had started throwing shoes sooner.  Might have smartened him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=17686.msg1116509#msg1116509 date=1229292042]
    If only we had started throwing shoes sooner.  Might have smartened him up.
    [/quote]

:lol:

you know bush is real happy right now that he ducked those.
    what a big difference this story would be had he not missed.

I would PAY money to see him get hit in the head with a shoe. 

And thats not even because i don't like him, and want to see him hit.... I'm just incredibly curious as to what he would do after being smacked in the face with a shoe.(i vote for a moment of dazed staring, then that "What the hell just happened?I'm so confused!" smile)  :lol:

This is like, the ULTIMATE insult in Iraqi culture.
    Kind of neat someone had the nads to let him know how he really feels.
    Wonder if he'll face any consequences for this.

Too bad Bush was like 'I'm too stupid to realize this was an act of utter disgust and contempt by a man whose country has been destroyed by me, so I'm going to make a bunch of jokes and further belittle his losses.'

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=17686.msg1116530#msg1116530 date=1229294266]
    Too bad Bush was like 'I'm too stupid to realize this was an act of utter disgust and contempt by a man whose country has been destroyed by me, so I'm going to make a bunch of jokes and further belittle his losses.'
    [/quote]

That would require pulling his head out of his ass.

Nice dodging skills.

[/quote]

I wish right NOW someone could photoshop those pictures of bush aboard the Aircraft carrier in the flight suit. The ones with the big sign that says "mission accomplished". Only these are with a big pair of beaten, shot up and bleeding shoes

[quote author=Fleta link=topic=17686.msg1116531#msg1116531 date=1229294570]
    That would require pulling his head out of his ass.
    [/quote]

True, and if he did that, he might get hit in the face with a shoe.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=17686.msg1116534#msg1116534 date=1229294676]
    Nice dodging skills.
    [/quote]His Texas Air National Guard training finally came in handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

:lol: :lol: I love this story.  i watched it like 3 times.

"This is a farewell kiss, you dog!"

Excellent. </Wayne face>
    <br />The best thing happened. A guy was butchering Conway Twitty at Karaoke and the power went off in the bar. Someone shouted you pissed Jesus off when you messed with Conway!

anyone else that has wii fit think of the game where you have to dodge the shoes?&nbsp; :lol:
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[/quote]

I love how Bush tried to turn it around into a &quot;Gee, wasn't this war I started a grand idea?&quot; moment by saying, &quot;This is what happens in a free society.&quot;

Yeah, I know here in America, we're so giddy with freedom, we can hardly keep our shoes on our feet.&nbsp; &quot;Thank you for the freedom! Now, here's a shoe in the face!&quot;&nbsp; :roll:

Seriously, every time I think that guy can't be a bigger douchewad, he manages it.
    <br /><br />I want to go to Heaven for the weather and Hell for the company.

Yes, thank you democracy, for creating a world where I can leave a flaming bag of dog shit on a person's front porch without fear of being shot. Oh, unless you read this site and realize how often 'civilized' society resorts to that.

Haha, I love this.

Yeah, it's a very big deal in Arab culture -- my family always told me not to throw my shoes at anyone!

If the president gets hit with a shoe, the terrahrists win.
    <br />The best thing happened. A guy was butchering Conway Twitty at Karaoke and the power went off in the bar. Someone shouted you pissed Jesus off when you messed with Conway!

Okay I am bound to get some shit for this...

I dont like Bush.&nbsp; Glad he is gone, even if my guy didnt win.

But thinking this is funny or appropriate, to see the leader of our country be treated like that, sets a dangerous precedent, especially since I know how butt hurt many people are going to get if Obama is so much as critiqued about anything.&nbsp;

Whether or not you think he earned it is irrelevant, it is not acceptable to do to the leader of the free world...

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=17686.msg1117668#msg1117668 date=1229385201]
    Okay I am bound to get some shit for this...

I dont like Bush.&nbsp; Glad he is gone, even if my guy didnt win.

But thinking this is funny or appropriate, to see the leader of our country be treated like that, sets a dangerous precedent, especially since I know how butt hurt many people are going to get if Obama is so much as critiqued about anything.&nbsp;

Whether or not you think he earned it is irrelevant, it is not acceptable to do to the leader of the free world...
    [/quote]

A show thrown at Bush is NOWHERE NEAR as horrible as the things the US government has done to the Iraqi people, so I'm going to sleep okay tonight laughing at it. It's pretty mild retaliation for a contaminated water supply, land littered with depleted uranium, and a completely unstable government.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=17686.msg1117691#msg1117691 date=1229386182]
    A show thrown at Bush is NOWHERE NEAR as horrible as the things the US government has done to the Iraqi people, so I'm going to sleep okay tonight laughing at it. It's pretty mild retaliation for a contaminated water supply, land littered with depleted uranium, and a completely unstable government.
    [/quote]

It's not like they water boarded him or anything.

And before people get panty bunched, I'm going to paraphrase Nice Guy Eddie here:

If you fucking water board this prick long enough, he'll tell you he started the goddamn Chicago fire, now that don't necessarily make it fucking so!

That's my view on torture.

Thread Information