Page 636 of 655 FirstFirst ... 136 536 586 626 634 635 636 637 638 646 ... LastLast
Results 15,876 to 15,900 of 16368

Thread: MDS pets

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I didn't realize you had a small zoo. That's good that Xena has other friends around. I was worried that she was suddenly by herself.
    Most worthless sled dog team ever. At one point for a few months we had 11 dogs, we were watching a couple for friends... That was too many dogs. Now we're down to "just the 4" and the house seems empty. It's amazing how big a hole each lost one leaves behind. Chance was always at my feet, snoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Most worthless sled dog team ever. At one point for a few months we had 11 dogs, we were watching a couple for friends... That was too many dogs. Now we're down to "just the 4" and the house seems empty. It's amazing how big a hole each lost one leaves behind. Chance was always at my feet, snoring.
    They leave huge holes in the household and your heart.

166138862_10158429253652408_7790560305887058530_o.jpg

I'm not sure she believes me when I tell her they are very stylish...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

166138862_10158429253652408_7790560305887058530_o.jpg

I'm not sure she believes me when I tell her they are very stylish...
    "why mom, why?"

Hopefully it's a short heat cycle. Cleo's was about 9 days, which made me very happy!

Well, it's been 15 days for Zena so here's hoping she's about ready to wrap things up...

Well, it's been 15 days for Zena so here's hoping she's about ready to wrap things up...
    OMG. That's LONG! Poor Zena and poor you! Those diapers are the best!

OMG. That's LONG! Poor Zena and poor you! Those diapers are the best!
    I'm hoping the diaper will be clean soon!!! And she's been fairly good about wearing them. Doesn't like me putting them on, but hasn't ripped them off. Yet. So that's good.

I'm hoping the diaper will be clean soon!!! And she's been fairly good about wearing them. Doesn't like me putting them on, but hasn't ripped them off. Yet. So that's good.
    That was how Cleo was. Putting them on was a bit of a chore, but she never messed with them once I got them on. Some people use them for incontinence in dogs and they're really a great product.

Attachment 6007Attachment 6008Attachment 6009

Went to let the dogs out this morning and found that our Chance had passed. He was the sweetest guy, liked people, other dogs, bunnies and kitties. He will be missed. The first picture is when he first came here "temporarily" the second was a couple of years ago, and the last one was just a few weeks ago. He always liked to "help"
    I am so sorry. It leaves a hole in your heart when you lose a furry family member. Rudy and I send our love.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

For RBW

For RBW
    How in the hell did it get into the house? An open door? It seems pretty cautious for a bear.

If I ran into a bear in my house I would die of a heart attack.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

For RBW
    Well, if a bear is scared of a little chihuahua thing, I would hope he would steer clear of 3 Chows. My youngest has a bark like a 150lb mastiff. She's barely over 50lbs, but she sounds wicked. Hopefully the bear thinks so too!

Welp. My sweat innocent baby Zena got a bunny this morning. She was so proud, brought it to the door to show me / share with me. She's most unhappy that I didn't appreciate her gift.

RIP Bunny.

Welp. My sweat innocent baby Zena got a bunny this morning. She was so proud, brought it to the door to show me / share with me. She's most unhappy that I didn't appreciate her gift.

RIP Bunny.
    Cleo has brought me a bunny twice and I was mortified. I'm sorry, it's no fun to deal with that. I try to reason that if these bunnies are dumb enough to come into a yard with 3 Chows, then maybe they are doing them a favor by keeping them from passing those genes along to future generations. I hate it though.

Cleo has brought me a bunny twice and I was mortified. I'm sorry, it's no fun to deal with that. I try to reason that if these bunnies are dumb enough to come into a yard with 3 Chows, then maybe they are doing them a favor by keeping them from passing those genes along to future generations. I hate it though.
    Exactly. There are acres of open territory out here including a barn and shed where the dogs don't go. Raise your family there! But no. In the yard with the dogs whose linage includes work as a peddlers dog. You guard the wagon, and head out to get fresh meat for your person, bring home a rabbit or a pheasant or...

I feel so ungrateful, Z was doing exactly what she was designed to do. But no, I don't want that poor dumb bunny for breakfast (my eyes weren't even completely open yet) and I'm not going to let Z and Spirit split it for brekkie either.

Exactly. There are acres of open territory out here including a barn and shed where the dogs don't go. Raise your family there! But no. In the yard with the dogs whose linage includes work as a peddlers dog. You guard the wagon, and head out to get fresh meat for your person, bring home a rabbit or a pheasant or...

I feel so ungrateful, Z was doing exactly what she was designed to do. But no, I don't want that poor dumb bunny for breakfast (my eyes weren't even completely open yet) and I'm not going to let Z and Spirit split it for brekkie either.
    Awwww Mom, you ruin everything!

Awwww Mom, you ruin everything!
    I do. I am a Fun Ruiner. And standard procedure is to praise her and trade for a treat... but I don't want her to think I want her to do this daily!

So I went on FB to look at Nic's wedding pics and I got sucked into a foster situation. (Thanks Nic, I am totally blaming you! )

If everything works out, this may be my new foster girl:

So I went on FB to look at Nic's wedding pics and I got sucked into a foster situation. (Thanks Nic, I am totally blaming you! )

You're welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

She's adorable and you're amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

She looks sweet. How old is she? What is her story.

Four dogs is a lot. You are a saint.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    She's adorable and you're amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    She looks sweet. How old is she? What is her story.

Four dogs is a lot. You are a saint.
    Not amazing, not a saint, but thank you guys! There are so many out there that it is overwhelming. I had to back away from it for awhile (and because of some of the personalities and politics amongst some of the people that do some of the rescues). I can't foster a male because Teddie gets growley around males and has to show his ass (like most guys ) so I haven't been able to help when there are male chows that need a foster in Florida...and in the last few months it's been all males. She still has to be medically evaluated. She has been at the shelter for over a week and they haven't even evaluated her and we have to make sure she is dog friendly. I think she has to be spayed first too. I am just finding out bits and pieces, so I will update when I know more.

Yes, I am going to have a zoo, lol. Luckily my other dogs are pretty good or I wouldn't even be considering it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I want to shout out RBW for being an amazing human and for being a warrior for animals in need. She would never do it herself, so I'm going to do it for her.

Earlier this week she spotted an orphaned Baby Opossum all alone and looking confused. I'm assuming that she fell off Mom at some point and was definitely not ready to make it on her own. She reached out to me for advice since I had some kind of experience with our orphans last year.

Anyway, when I told her that she needed help she didn't hesitate to go out and find her again and take her in. She kept her warm and safe and fed while searching for a place that would take her in where caring for them was their expertise. After MANY attempts, she finally found a place then drove 3 hours there and back to give her a chance at life.

I present to you, "Polly Possum" who I just know will thrive now because of her.

When she was discovered by RBW:

d20 roller dnd

At home safe from being easy prey and "Playing Possum".

d20 roller dnd

All while taking care of her own crew and the new foster pup who needs lots of loving care.

Love you, RBW
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I second that! RBW is the best. She goes above and beyond for not just her pets, but other pets in need. She is a great person and friend I will keep calling her a saint until she accepts the title

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I want to shout out RBW for being an amazing human and for being a warrior for animals in need. She would never do it herself, so I'm going to do it for her.

Earlier this week she spotted an orphaned Baby Opossum all alone and looking confused. I'm assuming that she fell off Mom at some point and was definitely not ready to make it on her own. She reached out to me for advice since I had some kind of experience with our orphans last year.

Anyway, when I told her that she needed help she didn't hesitate to go out and find her again and take her in. She kept her warm and safe and fed while searching for a place that would take her in where caring for them was their expertise. After MANY attempts, she finally found a place then drove 3 hours there and back to give her a chance at life.

I present to you, "Polly Possum" who I just know will thrive now because of her.

When she was discovered by RBW:

d20 roller dnd

At home safe from being easy prey and "Playing Possum".

d20 roller dnd

All while taking care of her own crew and the new foster pup who needs lots of loving care.

Love you, RBW
    Awwww Now you're making me blush.

Seriously, I would like to think that most people would have done the same thing. I couldn't just leave her there alone and defenseless to starve to death or get picked off by one of the many owls or hawks around here. Plus, I would never even have known she really needed help if not for you. I assumed she was old enough to be on her own when I first saw her. You were the one that knew all about them and got me going and guided me through the whole thing. AND went out of your way to look up all kinds of animal rehabbers WHILE you were doing your job!

You and Ang can be the god-parents for my foster animals, because seriously, I couldn't have done any of this with the dog or possum without your help!!! I can't thank either of you enough! You guys are awesome!

Little Polly is now down in Christmas and she will be under their care for about 6 weeks, and then she will be back out in the wild living her best life! With our creepy reputation, who would have thought that the MDS group would be saving lifes?!

Thread Information