Page 631 of 655 FirstFirst ... 131 531 581 621 629 630 631 632 633 641 ... LastLast
Results 15,751 to 15,775 of 16368

Thread: MDS pets

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    So I took Sky in and she was running a high fever and her hock is very swollen. They took x-rays and said they looked ok-no breaks and no terrible arthritis. We are treating with carprofen and gabapentin, but they are concerned about her fever. I just took her temp and it's down from where it was, but still high. They are concerned about Shar-pei fever. I'd never even heard of that before today, but they said since Chows and Shar-peis are so closely related, Chows can sometimes get it.
    It's good her xray was good. I've never heard of Shar-peI fever. So it's an immunoreactive disorder characterized with recurrent fevers? Is she going to have this her whole life? From what I read only Shar peis get it.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 04-17-2020 at 05:53 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    It's good her xray was good. I've never heard of Shar-peI fever. So it's an immunoreactive disorder characterized with recurrent fevers? Is she going to have this her whole life? From what I read only Shar peis get it.
    I had never heard of it either before today. They don't know that she has it, but they said it's a possibility if she continues running fever. They said if she isn't better in 10 days they will do a joint tap and look at the fluid. I am hoping it doesn't come to that. The vet said it's rare for Chows, but they can get it because they are so closely related to Shar-Peis, but I don't know. I am just hoping it's just a soft tissue problem and she gets better in the next few days.

I had never heard of it either before today. They don't know that she has it, but they said it's a possibility if she continues running fever. They said if she isn't better in 10 days they will do a joint tap and look at the fluid. I am hoping it doesn't come to that. The vet said it's rare for Chows, but they can get it because they are so closely related to Shar-Peis, but I don't know. I am just hoping it's just a soft tissue problem and she gets better in the next few days.
    Hopefully it doesn't come to that. It does make sense though, the swelling along with the fever. What was her temp at the vets?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that. It does make sense though, the swelling along with the fever. What was her temp at the vets?
    It was 103.9 at the vet, and 102.7 at home, several hours after taking the Carprofen.

It was 103.9 at the vet, and 102.7 at home, several hours after taking the Carprofen.
    That's not too bad.

image.jpg

Lost my social media boy today.

Trooper
    12/10/2003 - 4/21/2020
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    image.jpg

Lost my social media boy today.

Trooper
    12/10/2003 - 4/21/2020
    I am so sorry. How are you holding up?

I'm so sorry Puzz. He was such a handsome boy, and I know he had a wonderful life with you!

I am so sorry. How are you holding up?
    Doing OK. I'm sad but I knew he was living on borrowed time. But he was such an awesome dog. Loved everybody, Got along with other dogs, didn't chase chickens (was afraid of them) he would join me in the shower or the bath tub given half a chance. This was our song...

lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Doing OK. I'm sad but I knew he was living on borrowed time. But he was such an awesome dog. Loved everybody, Got along with other dogs, didn't chase chickens (was afraid of them) he would join me in the shower or the bath tub given half a chance. This was our song...

Thats so sweet you had a song. Im so sorry for your loss. Hang in there

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Puzz, I'm so sorry. I know how hard this is and it doesn't matter if you knew it was inevitable. It still hurts just the same. My heart goes out to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'm so sorry, Puzz, sending lots of love your way!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thats so sweet you had a song. Im so sorry for your loss. Hang in there
    I'd sing to him while I was trying to work in the kitchen, stepping over and around him..

Doesn't everyone have special songs for their dogs??

I'd sing to him while I was trying to work in the kitchen, stepping over and around him..

I had songs for my old cats, but not my new one.

Speaking of my new cat, I cannot figure out how to give her water. She knocks every water bowl over, and if i use a heavier bowl, she splashes it all out. Im at a loss about what to do.

I had songs for my old cats, but not my new one.

Speaking of my new cat, I cannot figure out how to give her water. She knocks every water bowl over, and if i use a heavier bowl, she splashes it all out. Im at a loss about what to do.
    Could you mount one of the big hamster type bottles that they make for dogs and cats in their kennel?

Could you mount one of the big hamster type bottles that they make for dogs and cats in their kennel?
    I will check that out. Thanks.

How's your dogs leg doing?

Checking in to see how you are doing. Losing a beloved pet is so hard.

Checking in to see how you are doing. Losing a beloved pet is so hard.
    Thanks for asking.

I'm doing OK. You're right, it is hard and I'm by nature a crier. Got a sympathy card from the vets office today and I cried. But that's what I do. It'll mess me up when I have to go pick up his ashes, but I'm dealing OK.

Thanks for asking.

I'm doing OK. You're right, it is hard and I'm by nature a crier. Got a sympathy card from the vets office today and I cried. But that's what I do. It'll mess me up when I have to go pick up his ashes, but I'm dealing OK.
    I'm a crier too

Picking up the ashes is very hard. I'm glad you are dealing with everything ok. I know how hard it can be.

Sky's limp is back. FML. To be fair, it never went 100% away...maybe like 95%, but she was bearing weight on it and doing normal activities. Now she is back to holding it up and not using it. I don't know what to do.

Sky's limp is back. FML. To be fair, it never went 100% away...maybe like 95%, but she was bearing weight on it and doing normal activities. Now she is back to holding it up and not using it. I don't know what to do.
    Is it swollen again?

Is it swollen again?
    No, it looks normal, she is just limping. I have her on super restriction today, she is basically just resting today. I am hoping she just tweaked it and she will be better soon, but I hope this isn't an on-going thing...especially since we never really got a definitive diagnosis. I hope it's nothing serious like a tear.

No, it looks normal, she is just limping. I have her on super restriction today, she is basically just resting today. I am hoping she just tweaked it and she will be better soon, but I hope this isn't an on-going thing...especially since we never really got a definitive diagnosis. I hope it's nothing serious like a tear.
    Ugh, sorry to hear this. How are you keeping her calm and inactive, benadryl?
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    Ugh, sorry to hear this. How are you keeping her calm and inactive, benadryl?
    Thanks! I did the bendadryl last month, but so far this month I am just keeping her in our master bedroom suite, away from the other two. She loves to be in there and snooze anyway, so when I close her in there by herself she is quite happy and just chills. She did get antsy to go out and play with the other two last night, but I just put them outside and brought her in the main part of the house and gave her some of her favorite treats and she was ok. Chows tend to be kind of lazy and chill in general, kind of like big cats, so I am just encouraging that, lol.

Is she any better today?

Thread Information