Page 626 of 655 FirstFirst ... 126 526 576 616 624 625 626 627 628 636 ... LastLast
Results 15,626 to 15,650 of 16368

Thread: MDS pets

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I?ve also heard people swear by feliway. It apparently helps stressed out cats.
    thanks for the tips! my older cat was the only cat in the house for awhile, and i also suspect she has some behavioral issues as she displays aggression sometimes for no apparent reason. she's probably plotting ways to kill me everyday.

i live in a small space and the cats don't being locked up, and i don't want my doors destroyed with them trying to claw out. i bought some hemp treats from petco that are supposed to calm kitties, they don't seem to be working but i'll look into feliway!

Love Bean Dips little bow tie!

My vet friend recommends gabapentin for cats with attitudes. I, however, prefer THE SQUIRT BOTTLE ?️.

Neurotin for behavior issues? I?ve heard of it used for pain in animals but not behavior issues.

I once took care of a cat that was on antidepressants and diazepam. It wasn?t working bc the cat was still mean as f. I had to glove up to give it meds and it?s hard to give meds with gloves on.

Neurotin for behavior issues? I?ve heard of it used for pain in animals but not behavior issues.

I once took care of a cat that was on antidepressants and diazepam. It wasn?t working bc the cat was still mean as f. I had to glove up to give it meds and it?s hard to give meds with gloves on.
    Yeah, my girl that I lost last year took it along with tramadol for arthritis/ortho pain. For almost two years it was a lifesaver. I thought I was going to have to put her down before they added it to her tramadol, and afterwards she was fine right up until the last.

BTW-congrats Ang, you are now over 10k posts!

What do you guys use for tick prevention? For over a decade we haven't used anything, but where we live now is fairly wooded and the ticks are HORRIBLE! I have my dog on Simparica, and I am still finding ticks on her. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    What do you guys use for tick prevention? For over a decade we haven't used anything, but where we live now is fairly wooded and the ticks are HORRIBLE! I have my dog on Simparica, and I am still finding ticks on her. Any suggestions?
    My friend recommends Bravecto because it’s good for 3 months.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

My friend recommends Bravecto because it’s good for 3 months.
    I have to take the new baby to the vet tomorrow. I am going to ask them about Bravecto. Thanks!

Need some advice about my dog, if anyone can help. This morning she didn't want to eat which never happens (she is a lab), I kind of coaxed her and she ate some but not all. She then threw it all up. My husband took her to work like usual, said she drank a bunch of water and threw up all over his office. Still won't eat. Said she also has diarrhea.

Any idea what this could be? Should we take her to the vet? My husband thinks she may just have an upset stomach, which I get, but worry since she has thrown up a few times and has diarrhea on top of that, it could be a parasite or something?

I just don't know what to do, if we should wait or take her right away. I may be paranoid, as the night before my last dog passed away I noticed she was breathing kind of hard and thought "if she is still like that tomorrow I will take her to the vet" and she was dead in the morning. I always told myself I would never wait again if something is wrong....

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Need some advice about my dog, if anyone can help. This morning she didn't want to eat which never happens (she is a lab), I kind of coaxed her and she ate some but not all. She then threw it all up. My husband took her to work like usual, said she drank a bunch of water and threw up all over his office. Still won't eat. Said she also has diarrhea.

Any idea what this could be? Should we take her to the vet? My husband thinks she may just have an upset stomach, which I get, but worry since she has thrown up a few times and has diarrhea on top of that, it could be a parasite or something?

I just don't know what to do, if we should wait or take her right away. I may be paranoid, as the night before my last dog passed away I noticed she was breathing kind of hard and thought "if she is still like that tomorrow I will take her to the vet" and she was dead in the morning. I always told myself I would never wait again if something is wrong....
    Does she have all her shots? Has she been around any other dogs lately that could be sick. Since she's a lab (I have friends that have 3 and I watch them occasionally, so I know ) could she have swallowed a toy, ball or something like that?

You can give pepto and anti-diarrheal medicine to dogs, but I would only do that if you are sure it's not something else. Can you take her temp and see if she's running fever? Is she lethargic? If so, I would think about taking her to the vet. If she's fine otherwise (and you know she didn't eat a toy and wasn't around sick dogs, and has her shots), and just has some tummy issues, I would watch her for a day or so and if it continues tomorrow then I would take her to the vet.

Puppies are bad though. They put everything in their mouths, and lab puppies are super bad about that. I hope she's ok! Keep us updated!

Your husband is right, she’s probably not eating because her stomach is upset. Could she have gotten into anything and eaten something she shouldn’t have?

I would call your vet and ask them if they think you should bring her in. They will probably do a fecal float to check for parasites.

I wouldn’t worry. This is a common problem in dogs. See if she will eat plain chicken (no skin or spices) and plain rice. I don’t think this is an emergency situation.

I know how you feel about the sudden death thing. My cat fell over, i ran upstairs to call the vet, and when I went down to check on her she was already dead. I have so many “what if’s”, and was sad I wasn’t there with her and didn’t say goodbye.

You can pm me if you have anymore questions
    Last edited by Angiebla; 10-02-2019 at 09:32 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thanks guys! She is not lethargic, if she was I would tell my husband to take her right away. It is definitely possible she swallowed something she shouldn't have, as she eats everything in sight. She doesn't have any toys around in the house, just a few bones but she has had those for a while.

I am hoping it will pass. My husband said she is sleeping now, and if she won't eat when she wakes up he will call the vet and see what they say. Thanks for all the advice, girls!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Update: he said she has been eating and not puking, so yay!

Good. Keep us posted!

Glad she's doing better!

Glad she's doing better!
    She is back to normal! Thanks everyone
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 10-03-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Great news!

(I tried to reply earlier and it replied in your post, so that's why I had to edit your post. Sorry)

sounds like she had a bug. So happy she's all better!!
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Since they won't spay now until 1 year, my girl is now in heat at 7.5 months. She and I are already over this. She's wearing dog panties, and she is not amused.

Plus my foster boy is coming back from the surgeon today, and they told me that I will have to keep warm compresses on his surgery site for two weeks to keep the fluid from accumulating in the stretched out skin where his giant cyst was.

Fun times.

Since they won't spay now until 1 year, my girl is now in heat at 7.5 months. She and I are already over this. She's wearing dog panties, and she is not amused.

Plus my foster boy is coming back from the surgeon today, and they told me that I will have to keep warm compresses on his surgery site for two weeks to keep the fluid from accumulating in the stretched out skin where his giant cyst was.

Fun times.
    I think it’s ridiculous the vet won’t spay your dog.

I’m surprised the surgeon didn’t place a drain in the surgical site to have the fluid drain out automatically?

I think it’s ridiculous the vet won’t spay your dog.

I’m surprised the surgeon didn’t place a drain in the surgical site to have the fluid drain out automatically?
    Apparently that's the thing these days. They don't want to spay until the dog has reached full maturity to try to avoid some bone/ligament issues that they think having the hormones during growth helps to alleviate. IDK.

I've never dealt with a drain either, so I am not sure if that would be worse of better. He's home now, and it really doesn't look that swollen to me.

Apparently that's the thing these days. They don't want to spay until the dog has reached full maturity to try to avoid some bone/ligament issues that they think having the hormones during growth helps to alleviate. IDK.

I've never dealt with a drain either, so I am not sure if that would be worse of better. He's home now, and it really doesn't look that swollen to me.
    I know why they hold off spaying/neutering, my vet started doing it too. I’m just old school I guess.

Drains are messy, but they expel all pus/fluid from the surgical site.

I know why they hold off spaying/neutering, my vet started doing it too. I’m just old school I guess.

Drains are messy, but they expel all pus/fluid from the surgical site.
    Apparently some people think you should wait until 18 months. NOPE! I will wait until 1 year, but I am making her a spay surgery on her birthday!

The foster is doing great! He never really swelled up like they said he would. He has some loose skin, but considering how large it was that's to be expected. He has a bunch of stitches that have to stay in for another week+, but he is feeling and doing great!

deleted
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 12-27-2019 at 09:27 AM.

oh my goodness! So cute!

oh my goodness! So cute!
    Thank you! They were really cooperative in the taking the pics...I was surprised.

Thread Information