Page 610 of 655 FirstFirst ... 110 510 560 600 608 609 610 611 612 620 ... LastLast
Results 15,226 to 15,250 of 16368

Thread: MDS pets

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Not yet, Angie. Our vet wanted to wait until he was 7 months old...and Atticus Finch is almost at that point. So do you recommend us doing the gastropexy? I have read up on it and haven't really come up with a firm answer yet if we should do it or not.
    No Angie, but I will throw my .02 worth in.

It didn't completely eliminate the threat with mine, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I will always pexy any Chows I get in the future. I actually do think it saved my girl's life. They told me the twist was high up on the esophagus, not down in the stomach area. She had only twisted on one end, the other was holding. I think if it had twisted on both ends we wouldn't have been able to save her. So, which not the total cure-all I hoped it was, I do think it was totally worth it.

I meant "not Angie"...can't edit. Ugh.

Not yet, Angie. Our vet wanted to wait until he was 7 months old...and Atticus Finch is almost at that point. So do you recommend us doing the gastropexy? I have read up on it and haven't really come up with a firm answer yet if we should do it or not.
    Yes I do. It really can't hurt. Great Danes are at a high risk.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    No Angie, but I will throw my .02 worth in.

It didn't completely eliminate the threat with mine, but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. I will always pexy any Chows I get in the future. I actually do think it saved my girl's life. They told me the twist was high up on the esophagus, not down in the stomach area. She had only twisted on one end, the other was holding. I think if it had twisted on both ends we wouldn't have been able to save her. So, which not the total cure-all I hoped it was, I do think it was totally worth it.

That makes more sense to me, as to how the torsion occurred with the gastropexy in place. I agree with the vet, if another torsion took place in the pylorus, there could have been a different outcome.

Look at those smooshy faces with their little lion cuts

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Thanks, ladies. We will go ahead and schedule him for it with his neuter.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I love Chows
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

My neighbors cat that I would sometimes post about passed away over night. I got home from work around 12:30 am and he came in with me, ate, and I let him out since he was clawing at the couch. The lady that lives upstairs from him came over a little bit ago and said she found him across the street around 7 am. Another lady came out and was looking at him too and they agree it looks like he might have been hit since his chest was caved in weird. If he's in the house at like 1 am I usually make him stay in but I decided to let him out last night and I feel even worse because I yelled at him for clawing the couch too.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley951 View Post
    My neighbors cat that I would sometimes post about passed away over night. I got home from work around 12:30 am and he came in with me, ate, and I let him out since he was clawing at the couch. The lady that lives upstairs from him came over a little bit ago and said she found him across the street around 7 am. Another lady came out and was looking at him too and they agree it looks like he might have been hit since his chest was caved in weird. If he's in the house at like 1 am I usually make him stay in but I decided to let him out last night and I feel even worse because I yelled at him for clawing the couch too.

It's not your fault. You had no way of knowing what would happen. I'm so sorry
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I know but I just feel so bad and even worse because he probably suffered.

My lazy, cheap cousin and his fiancee won't get their cat fixed and have 5 they're giving away so we just got a new one well in a couple of days. They have one from last summer that has a messed up paw and it's tail is curled that no one wants so we're taking that one. I'm just glad my asshole of a cousin didn't name it gimp or something like that since they're always making fun of him and named him Norman.

My lazy, cheap cousin and his fiancee won't get their cat fixed and have 5 they're giving away so we just got a new one well in a couple of days. They have one from last summer that has a messed up paw and it's tail is curled that no one wants so we're taking that one. I'm just glad my asshole of a cousin didn't name it gimp or something like that since they're always making fun of him and named him Norman.
    I don't think he suffered, he probably went quick. I'm sure he was very appreciative of your kindness

you are such a sweetie for taking one of their cats. Are they back yard breeders? Because there are low cost clinics that do spays for like, $20.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

OWWWWWWWWWWW! You're a kitty angel! Send us pics hen Norman comes home! :smile:

Annnd are there any cheaper fixing services in your area? Some vets here do cheap days on the weekend etc.. (I love kitties but not neutering kills me)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

my husband happened to be sitting outside when he saw a car slow way down.

Well, 10 minutes later we had 2 brand new dogs up at our house. An overweight pug and an Aussie shepherd.

Too bad the idiots forgot to remove the rabies tag off the one dog. It still has the vets office and serial number on it.

Assholes.

my husband happened to be sitting outside when he saw a car slow way down.

Well, 10 minutes later we had 2 brand new dogs up at our house. An overweight pug and an Aussie shepherd.

Too bad the idiots forgot to remove the rabies tag off the one dog. It still has the vets office and serial number on it.

Assholes.
    Do you live somewhat out in the country? I used to work with a lady whose house was a popular dumping ground. She wouldn't let them all in, but she would try to rehouse them and would feed them.

Australian Shephards are the "it" dog now, and I try to tell people, they have a lot of energy, and like Huskeys, they need to get that energy out, or they will be destructive.

Jesus people suck if you weren't going to take them in, they expect the pug to fend for itself? I have a feeling they are going to say the dogs ran away if they are cornered, and I hope they don't hurt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Do you live somewhat out in the country? I used to work with a lady whose house was a popular dumping ground. She wouldn't let them all in, but she would try to rehouse them and would feed them.

Australian Shephards are the "it" dog now, and I try to tell people, they have a lot of energy, and like Huskeys, they need to get that energy out, or they will be destructive.

Jesus people suck if you weren't going to take them in, they expect the pug to fend for itself? I have a feeling they are going to say the dogs ran away if they are cornered, and I hope they don't hurt them.
    Yes. I live in a popular dumping area. Tons of woods. Most animals don't come to my house tho...since there are already tons of dogs here. They usually go to the neighbors.
    I left food and water out for them and hoped they would be gone this morning (this is after I left several craigslist post telling where the dogs were at and a community post on facebook)
    I don't see the shepherd this morning but that poor old pug is still here. It's scared to death and keeps howling like crazy at my backdoor. My dogs have been going NUTS all night long.
    I can't take the dogs in. I already have way too many as it is.

I'm going to call the vet's place on his rabies tags.

People do suck. That poor pug.

I seriously don't get people. I wish I lived closer, I would've driven up to come get him. Hope the call to the vet turns anything up and that the little pug finds a new home.
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

I don't think he was a pug. I'm pretty sure he was a bulldog.

We eventually contacted our neighborhood watch manager and she sent a massive text to all the owners around our house to see if it was their dog. It wasn't.

My husband decided to drive up the road where a farm house was.....and I guess the dog decided to follow him. He was hit by a car and died.
    I feel awful.

How sad!! It wasn't your fault, Berm ~ the idiots who abandoned him are at fault.

That is sad Berm. Stupid people. The least they could do is to find a rescue or a shelter.

So a little happier story to lighten the gloom.

A friend of mine has a small mother-in-law suite in her home. Really just an efficiency sort of place. She rents it out sometimes. Recently she got a new tenant, who was specifically looking for a room where he could have a cat.

So cat has been in residence for a month or so, comes over to the main part of the house often to visit and play with my friends eskie. But. She rarely sees the tenant. And he never spends the night. Odd. Friend has gone over to check on things. Cat's got food and water and a clean litter box. So he's taking care of the cat... sort of.

She finally couldn't stand it any more and asked tenant what's up? Oh. Well. "It was my grandma's cat and she left kitty to me. But me and my girlfriend live in a no pets apartment. We're going to move when the lease is up to a place where we can have kitty. We had her in a kennel for a while, but she was so unhappy, we decided to get her her own place until we can all move in to a bigger place. " Meanwhile, tenant stops by on his lunch break, or after work and plays with kitty etc.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

How sad!! It wasn't your fault, Berm ~ the idiots who abandoned him are at fault.
    The owners were finally found. They said their dogs ran off last week during the fireworks. one dog made it back home. They live a few miles up the road. We informed them the dog was dead........and to be honest, they really didn't seem all that broken up about it. She just said he was a very old dog.

The owners were finally found. They said their dogs ran off last week during the fireworks. one dog made it back home. They live a few miles up the road. We informed them the dog was dead........and to be honest, they really didn't seem all that broken up about it. She just said he was a very old dog.
    I knew they would say that shit. If my very old dog ran away-I would be very concerned. I'm just not buying it.

I would be frantic if my dog ran off during fireworks. We had a couple poodles for the longest time and they were okay with fireworks until they got elderly. We had to carry one outside since she just plain refused to go outside for a good 2 weeks around the holiday.

The fireworks are mostly done around here. We hear a random one...or maybe gunfire lol. We used to have really strict laws of fireworks, but people were bringing them in from other places so the city gave up and made them all legal and tax the hell out of them. No clue how long they will remain legal, since the ER was non stop full with injuries. If you make them legal, then the local yokels up the ante and play with home made explosives. Lot's of missing limbs this year.

The littlest dog here went on a grass strike and wouldn't venture off the patio. He acted goofy and we assumed it was related to a little constipation issue he had. As soon as the fireworks quit, he began using and playing in the yard again. Back to his old cheerful self. I now suspect it was fireworks making him nervous, but he doesn't display fear like other dogs we have had. He just acts sick and broken. He's a hard dog to figure out.

I hate to be the old bitch, but here goes. The residents of my city had to have spent millions on fireworks. So much good could have come from those dollars, perhaps spent on vets that everyone complains aren't treated the way they should be after defending our country. When it comes to shooting up dogpatch with fireworks, the residents are like fuck those vets with PTSD and fuck the fearful animals I wanna make things go boom.
    Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

Ugh...what assholes.

Aww poor lil dog that got hit

Update on Norman. They won't give him to us. For some reason a few days after saying we could have him they said they're worried he'd get hit by a car because he likes to go in and out. To me that makes no sense because he can get hit at there house they even live on a busier street than us. They have 2 six month kittens that need a home together so we're taking them. They spend all their time together and they think they're both girls. This Thursday I'm going to go to the store to get supplies just wish they'd cooperate and tell us what brands and flavors or food and litter.

Last year our city did spaying and neutering for free through one of the animal shelters Animal Friends maybe. Now it's a long list and to me the $70 some fee to get one spayed and all their shots is a good deal to me. I looked at other places and they want about the same price but then you have to pay for shots separately and the shots are required.

Aww poor lil dog that got hit

Update on Norman. They won't give him to us. For some reason a few days after saying we could have him they said they're worried he'd get hit by a car because he likes to go in and out. To me that makes no sense because he can get hit at there house they even live on a busier street than us. They have 2 six month kittens that need a home together so we're taking them. They spend all their time together and they think they're both girls. This Thursday I'm going to go to the store to get supplies just wish they'd cooperate and tell us what brands and flavors or food and litter.

Last year our city did spaying and neutering for free through one of the animal shelters Animal Friends maybe. Now it's a long list and to me the $70 some fee to get one spayed and all their shots is a good deal to me. I looked at other places and they want about the same price but then you have to pay for shots separately and the shots are required.
    That's so cheap! Shots alone for the basics cost me $160, desexing at the vet at least $120! There was a man who was doing it cheaper, but i was sus so just paid the millions and ate noodles that week.

I wouldn't buy stuff til you have the kitties, these guys are weird... I think you're wonderful!

And word those dog owners are dicks!! How could they not care their baby died? I'd be a mess! ESPECIALLY if it were old! More time to love :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

So... These aren't my cats.

I'm just chilling, doing some work, doing my thang, and the neighbours kitty comes and plonks on me. That's cute. I like her a lot. Then her sister decided to join.

I'm warm now.

Thread Information