Page 603 of 656 FirstFirst ... 103 503 553 593 601 602 603 604 605 613 653 ... LastLast
Results 15,051 to 15,075 of 16377

Thread: MDS pets

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    It worked - our Great Dane. He was only a couple of days old here.
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 07-14-2016 at 04:53 AM.

Here he is at 2 weeks old
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 07-14-2016 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    That is neat. He will be our first Dane - we lost our beloved Golden Retriever in April and said we would never have another (Golden) because we would always compare the Golden to him. I have longed for a Dane forever so I am so excited.
    You are in for a treat. Just be warned, they are Velcro dogs. They have to be with you, either laying on you or sitting right besides you. Even when they are full grown they remain big cuddle buddies. My son-in-law had one. I referred to him as my oldest grandson. His name was Tonka.

When I would visit, Tonka would stay in the kitchen with me. He knew he got to sample whatever I was cooking. He would come and lean his head on me while watching me cook.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

I have heard that about them! Our Golden was pretty much attached to me 24/7, but he was not a leaner (as a Dane is). I can't wait to have another cuddle buddy with me all the time. Sigh.

The biggest mistake people make is to put a Dane out in the back yard on a tether. This makes for a neurotic dog. They have to be with their people. Although they are humongous dogs, they are indoor dogs. Tonka would do his business and then he was ready to go back in. He liked playing frisbee and playing outside but that was it. When he had enough playtime he would go and sit on the porch at the front door.

Son-in-law took Tonka to the river once to go swimming. Once they got down by the water, he ran off. Everyone was in a panic to find Tonk. They called and called and he never came back. When they got back up to where they parked, Tonka was sitting in the jeep. He was ready to go.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

All my dogs are always indoor. It simply irks me when people stake/chain/tether their dogs outside.

Tonka sounded like one very smart and awesome boy!

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    We bought the crate at noon and already he seems super comfortable with it until we close the door. He immediately wanted out as soon as we closed it. I suggested we just start by halfway closing (or closing it without latching it) while he is sleeping so he doesn't freak out. Right now he is sleeping in it. Yay! So far so good.
    Great start. Make wonderful things happen for him in the crate... Treat puzzles, cool toys, etc. And play Crate Games.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

This is our little darling asshole, Loki. He likes to climb in the refrigerator door. Because, why not?
    Last edited by Miller22; 07-13-2016 at 10:50 PM.

cute. Your cat is who that curiosity saying was meant for though. Keep a watchful eye - or at least listen for fridge mewling.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    cute. Your cat is who that curiosity saying was meant for though. Keep a watchful eye - or at least listen for fridge mewling.
    He's already gotten to the upper shelves, and caused a condiment avalanche from the door with his shenanigans. Doesn't stop him from trying to open the door on his own though.

LOL, he knows where you stash the good food. I have a cat like that, he jumps in the fridge sometimes when he has a hankering for the homemade dog treats I store in there. He also has a habit of going in the bathroom and shutting the door. He then tries to open the door by the handle and ends up locking it. I keep the lock pick handy now.

My daughters cat had surgery for his ear polyp 2 weeks ago. He has gotten worse instead of better and began having stinky drainage from the ear. Back to the vet where he was having nothing to do with an examination. They took him to the back to sedate him so they could examine him and low an behold they found a giant polyp behind his soft palate. The vet said they had never seen such a big one. They were able to pluck it out and after spending the night at the vets, he is like a new cat. I picked him up and he spent the day at my house because my daughter had to work. No more snorting and gagging! Little guy who is seriously skinny has a whole new appreciation for smelly, canned food. He also laid on my bed and smelled his feet for the longest time. I don't think he has ever been able to smell well and I'm anticipating a healthier appetite. Poor guy seems to be deaf, so gaining the sense of smell would be a giant plus for him. His eye is droopy from surgery and we hope that gets better. My husband calls him the Helen Keller of the cat world and worries about his vision. I think he will be fine, as long as new polyps don't grow.

I'm glad they were able to easily assess and address the issue. So glad he's on the mend!

Seriously, I'm so relieved. They were making noise about MRI's and tumors. That kitten has been sick and acting strange from day 1 and has had several vet visits for his issues. I like this new vet. I'm not religious, but the vet said he prayed for the cat after his previous surgery and I really appreciated that..lol. My daughter is so attached to that kitty and has been beside herself with worry and tapped out from all the vet visits. I paid for both of his surgeries which have been amazingly cheap. This last surgery cost $235. I can't get a well animal check and shots from my vet for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post

This is our little darling asshole, Loki. He likes to climb in the refrigerator door. Because, why not?
    Loki I love the white on his nose.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    LOL, he knows where you stash the good food. I have a cat like that, he jumps in the fridge sometimes when he has a hankering for the homemade dog treats I store in there. He also has a habit of going in the bathroom and shutting the door. He then tries to open the door by the handle and ends up locking it. I keep the lock pick handy now.

My daughters cat had surgery for his ear polyp 2 weeks ago. He has gotten worse instead of better and began having stinky drainage from the ear. Back to the vet where he was having nothing to do with an examination. They took him to the back to sedate him so they could examine him and low an behold they found a giant polyp behind his soft palate. The vet said they had never seen such a big one. They were able to pluck it out and after spending the night at the vets, he is like a new cat. I picked him up and he spent the day at my house because my daughter had to work. No more snorting and gagging! Little guy who is seriously skinny has a whole new appreciation for smelly, canned food. He also laid on my bed and smelled his feet for the longest time. I don't think he has ever been able to smell well and I'm anticipating a healthier appetite. Poor guy seems to be deaf, so gaining the sense of smell would be a giant plus for him. His eye is droopy from surgery and we hope that gets better. My husband calls him the Helen Keller of the cat world and worries about his vision. I think he will be fine, as long as new polyps don't grow.
    Cats don't close their eyes during surgery, so usually they apply some kind of lubricant to eye so it doesn't dry out. Sometimes they overdo it though. I'm so glad he's doing better!

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by marycontrary View Post
    Seriously, I'm so relieved. They were making noise about MRI's and tumors. That kitten has been sick and acting strange from day 1 and has had several vet visits for his issues. I like this new vet. I'm not religious, but the vet said he prayed for the cat after his previous surgery and I really appreciated that..lol. My daughter is so attached to that kitty and has been beside herself with worry and tapped out from all the vet visits. I paid for both of his surgeries which have been amazingly cheap. This last surgery cost $235. I can't get a well animal check and shots from my vet for that price.
    $235 is amazing. Trust me, I get high vet costs. We're still paying off Mischief's treatments:(

Ang - if you look, the white on his nose is an upside down heart.

In other news, our dog August became a blood donor.

OMG, that nose is too cute. I would steal your cat.

OMG...his markings-love them! Does he always sleep under the covers on his paw? Is he a snuggle bunny? I almost can't handle all of the cuteness!

I'm sorry about Mischief

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post

You kinda brought this on yourself Miller. Isn't Loki the name of the Norse god of mischief?

hr_1316_895_097__1316895097002.jpghr_1316_903_616__1316903616002.jpg
    Merry Blizardmas. Mocha tells me that if he ever hears anyone else whining for a white Christmas, he's gonna go all alpha doberman on them. Christmas day started out clear and OK for travel, we went across town to have dinner with friends... but by 3 in the afternoon it had started to snow and we headed for home (the wheelchair and w/c van aren't great on snow an ice) So we got home with no problems, but Mom's caregiver (a misplaced native of Hawaii -- what was she thinking?) was getting very nervous about the weather. Mom was tired from a late night Christmas Eve and a long Christmas Day, so she just went to bed early to watch TV and we sent the caregiver home. We watched it snow while watching a few Christmas classics, Charlie Brown and the like. Had an early night which would have been very restful, except for the Havanese...who is usually my nicest least troublesome dog. He usually snuggles down, happy to snooze as long as I'll stay in bed. Not last night. He had me up 1/2 a dozen times. He wanted out. No he didn't. He wanted out... He didn't seem ill, but boy was he agitated. I finally tossed him in an xpen and told him I was going back to bed. (I know, bad Mama) I went back to bed and to sleep. Mocha apparently fussed enough that my roommate got up and took him to her bed. So yeah he was exiled for maybe 15 minutes. He's fine this morning. I believe he was trying to tell me that I left the weather running and should make it stop. Woke up to a reported 6 inches of snow. But you have to realize, snow around here never lays in orderly neat piles. It gets blown around, leaving us will bare spots and massive drifts. This time the worst drifts are small, about as tall as my standard schnauzers, (20-25 inches) but still soft enough to swallow a Havi. The snow has stopped, and the wind has calmed, so, we'll see if the caregiver makes it over... I doubt she will, but they have a jeep and live nearby so... maybe? I've posted a couple of pictures from a similar storm several years ago, a little less snow and Mocha was darker then. I may take some new shots later, but I'm still in my nightgown and... well, baby it's cold outside. We were going to go hit a few after Christmas sales but, maybe tomorrow?
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    The biggest mistake people make is to put a Dane out in the back yard on a tether. This makes for a neurotic dog. They have to be with their people. Although they are humongous dogs, they are indoor dogs. Tonka would do his business and then he was ready to go back in. He liked playing frisbee and playing outside but that was it. When he had enough playtime he would go and sit on the porch at the front door.

Son-in-law took Tonka to the river once to go swimming. Once they got down by the water, he ran off. Everyone was in a panic to find Tonk. They called and called and he never came back. When they got back up to where they parked, Tonka was sitting in the jeep. He was ready to go.
    People do that to German Shepherds all the time.{my BIL} Then they complain because the dog acts crazy. GSD's want to be with their family. All. The. Time. They're super clingy.
    I will never understand why people gets dogs to be a part of the family...then throw them outside to live alone? A sad life.

I'm not against people that put their dogs outside for a little while when they're doing something. It's just the dogs that live outside all the time with hardly any human interaction. Makes me sad.

Right now I have one GSD laying in the chair, one on the floor, and one is on the sofa. My Yorkie is laying in his doggie bed. My dogs would die if I threw them outside for good.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    My puppies on Christmas !

Tuck

Tuck and Penny

Zo Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Gorgeous puppies, Punker - awh!!

Here is our Angus who decided to crawl into an empty box under our tree last night. He is a nut.

And it just so happens (like Loki) that Angus gets into the fridge any chance he gets.
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 07-14-2016 at 04:52 AM.

Awww. Such cuties! Yeah. If you want a pet you can just leave in the yard, get a pet rock or a shrub. Most dogs want to be near their people.

Thread Information